The Northern Ireland Crew!!

I haven't read back (sorry!)
Sending :hugs: should you need them and :wave: if you don't! :lol:

that's one thing I'm really worried about!!! :wacko: Poppy's a pretty deep sleeper though so I'm hoping it'll be ok!

You'll be fine, our two haven't been too bad in that respect thank goodness. Maeve usually wakes up chatting/shouting then we hear Odhrán on the monitor calling her! We have a monitor each!

[/QUOTE]

You'll be fine, our two haven't been too bad in that respect thank goodness. Maeve usually wakes up chatting/shouting then we hear Odhrán on the monitor calling her! We have a monitor each![/QUOTE]

Too cute!!!

Glad AF has come doodle and you can hopefully move on and get your :bfp: soon

I've always been interested im slings/wraps, but wouldn't have a clue where to start. what would everyone recommend for a complete novice? x

there's really 4 main types lauz, ring slings, wraps (stretchy and woven), mei tais and mei tai variations. ring slings I've never tried, wraps are great but have a big learning curve (especially woven ones), mei tais and mei tai variations are awesome! they have a panel of fabric and then straps you tie or buckle round yourself. my favourites are buckled mei tais! sooooooooo easy to use! it's literally clip it round your waist, pop baby in, put on the shoulder straps, go! They don't come cheap (starting around 60 for a brand new one) but are absolutely brilliant! if u ever wanted to try any of them out i have a woven and a stretchy wrap and a buckled mei tai!

Thanks honey :hugs: The mei tai probably sounds the best for me. Do they fit the larger lady? :blush: x

oh god yes! i generally have a couple of feet of strap fabric left over and that's wrapping it round me twice which you don't need to do! you should come to the next sling meet!! there's loads for you to try!

Thanks hun! When is the next meet? We're heading away in 4 weeks and maybe thinking of taking a trip into london, so a sling/wrap would be ideal for katie rather than buggy.

the next meet is on thursday in lisburn, the place is right by the train station. im unsure if im going though as being 37 weeks and getting a bus and 2 trains each way makes me nervous, never mind the fact I'm in agony from my hips! Emma will be there though!! I highly recommend a sling for london, especially if you're using the tube- the vast majority of stations don't have ramps for buggies!!

The sling was a godsend in London! I could have amelia safely tucked up and cosy for the tube and out and about. I would have hated to have all those people bumping into the pram!

Congrats Doodlebug :happydance:, be really good to get your bloods sorted.

Hmmm yummy connectas!

We'd currently be two babies in one room, but hoping we'll be moving when prospective child number 2 is about to go into their own room.

we've just put the girls in together since we moved to germany and they're coping better than I expected!

How is everyone this lovely weather?! I got lots of fluffy post this morning - my postman actually knocked and checked I was in before he brought my post as there were 5 parcels!! Got some new nappies, Cheeky Wipes and my new Connecta - it's yummy! Good job I was in when he came!

Hope everyone is well :flower:

it's really honestly not that hard!! the fondant is really pliable so you just work it like play dough! the hardest part really is kneading the colour into the fondant, takes ages to get it completely even! I love decorating cakes!

Thinking of making Madison a cake for tomorrow and need to make some grey fondant, I thought back to this and was wondering if you made your own fondant with the fondant icing sugar or did you buy the white ready to roll stuff and just knead the colours in?

She LOVES Wall-e at the minute and I'm thinking of attempting a fondant wall-e on her cake, god knows what way it'll turn out but I might give it a go anyway haha!

it's really honestly not that hard!! the fondant is really pliable so you just work it like play dough! the hardest part really is kneading the colour into the fondant, takes ages to get it completely even! I love decorating cakes!

Thinking of making Madison a cake for tomorrow and need to make some grey fondant, I thought back to this and was wondering if you made your own fondant with the fondant icing sugar or did you buy the white ready to roll stuff and just knead the colours in?

She LOVES Wall-e at the minute and I'm thinking of attempting a fondant wall-e on her cake, god knows what way it'll turn out but I might give it a go anyway haha!

the second one!! bugger making it!! i just bought 1kg blocks from tesco, only a quid or 2 each if i remember rightly. you will need more than you think!!!

the second one!! bugger making it!! i just bought 1kg blocks from tesco, only a quid or 2 each if i remember rightly. you will need more than you think!!!

Thanks! Will give it a go! :thumbup:

Took me ages and finally got sitting down after 10pm tonight! I think her wee face will light up when she sees it tomorrow!

https://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad87/xxpinkpandaxx/SDC10277a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->