The Northern Ireland Crew!!

Know how you feel doodle was once in your position :hugs:

Congrats Emydra!

I am so sore today, a group of us went paint balling yesterday, I'm not generally active so my legs & arms are aching today, just shows how unfit I am lol on top of that the shots left me with some horrible bruises dotted all over me!

We didn't get home til around 6.30pm got the kids sorted then I had my OH's 2 week old niece overnight, have to say I'm soo tired right now! She was up every 3 hours and I had a hard time getting her wind up. I did enjoy looking after a newborn again and I've been VERY broody lately but I think I'll definitely wait until Madison is a little older, I was constantly watching her incase she sat on her or something! She has been having bad tantrums lately also so I reckon I'd have my hands full with a newborn and a daughter with (suspected) Autism, would be a little easier if she could take instruction but she can't at the minute. On the other hand Alex was a great help! He fetched me her nappies etc and was very gentle :thumbup:

holy cow, 2 weeks old? i didn't leave poppy with anyone overnight until she was like 16 months and that's only because we were going on honeymoon!

Yeah that's pretty mad. I haven't left Matilda at all yet. It's my 30th next month and my in-laws are practically begging me to go out for dinner or something - they're desperate to be on their own with her! I don't feel the need to leave her yet though and would rather all three of us went for a nice day out. She still doesn't go much more than an hour between feeds so it's not practical to leave her anyway. I'm sure in time I'll be glad of a break, but not just yet.

I know...

I didn't mind having her, though I wouldn't have left either of my 2 at that age with anyone either.

what was she doing that she couldn't keep her? just interested! really hoping it wasn't clubbing...

I'm not even sure tbh! It's my OH's brothers baby so i assumed they were doing somethin together, he only asked me yesterday morning then i was out all day and no signal where i was so we didnt get to discuss it properly til he was dropping her off. I really didnt mind, i just thought i was giving them a break for a few hours?

oh i wouldn't mind either, I just thought it was a bit weird at leaving her for the whole night at only 2 weeks old!

Yes, is a bit weird. I had looked at going to England for one day in June but just the thought of leaving him at the airport breaks my heart, definately not ready yet. When he's weaned I think it'll be a lot less of a problem, and now I'm preg again there's not a lot of point in rushing that. Not like I can drink or anything anyway!

I had a weekend away when B was 4 or 5 weeks old, but she was with DH then. I think C was 11 months when we left her with my parents for a long weekend to go to a wedding. B was younger than that, but can't remember exactly!

ohhhhhhh i couldn't have had pops at the airport! we were leaving very early anyway, so she stayed at my mum and dad's the night before. bless her, she couldn't have cared less. she's totally fine staying with other people, which is why i don't worry about her going to nursery or school or anything. in fact, when any grandparents come to pick her up to take her overnight now or out for the day or anything, she's out the door without even saying goodbye! i have to chase her for a kiss and a cuddle. wee sod. i phoned her like twice a day when we were away :blush:

Silas has started 'making strange' now. He hides behind my leg whilst he decides if he likes the person or not! Then in 10 mins he's playing with them and doesn't care :p

Yeah I know, I was a bit taken back at first but didn't want to say no, was kind of put on the spot. Believe me, I have my own opinions about it but I'm not going to criticize someone that isn't here to defend herself.

Silas has started 'making strange' now. He hides behind my leg whilst he decides if he likes the person or not! Then in 10 mins he's playing with them and doesn't care :p

pops went through a phase like this not long ago, would run to me or barry, want picked up and wouldnt even look at the person for a good 10/15 mins!

Yeah I know, I was a bit taken back at first but didn't want to say no, was kind of put on the spot. Believe me, I have my own opinions about it but I'm not going to criticize someone that isn't here to defend herself.

each to their own i suppose! if u need a break, u need a break- id certainly never criticise someone on doing this, I was more wondering about it in case she was having a very tough time with her or something.

pops went through a phase like this not long ago, would run to me or barry, want picked up and wouldnt even look at the person for a good 10/15 mins!

each to their own i suppose! if u need a break, u need a break- id certainly never criticise someone on doing this, I was more wondering about it in case she was having a very tough time with her or something.

That's it, suppose everyone is different, not that I condone it though! In my opinion if I was having a tough time I'd just accept that's the package that comes with a newborn baby! She had said she'd problems with her bowel movements last week, seemed to be in pain when she was trying to go poor wee woman, but apparently she's back to normal after putting her on comfort milk. I don't think it was anything to do with that though, think they just wanted a night off. ( as bad as that sounds :dohh:)

:haha:

poppy had horrendous pooping problems, she would go over a week without one sometimes. i used to have to hold her wee legs in the air with a nappy under her to help her go :nope:

im BORED!! OH is on the playstation so I may as well be sittin here by myself :haha:

I had my first 'night off' on Friday. Went to the Odyssey to see Jeff Dunham - he was brill. Ellen stayed with Danny's folks & was very good apparently! :happydance:

awww hope u had fun maj! Its great knowing they are content staying with people, makes it so much easier to leave them! Bet u talked about her the whole time ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->