The Northern Ireland Crew!!

Oh Liz! :hugs:

:dust::dust::dust:

:), well you know we'll all be thinking of you. x

Little older-man rant:

My ex turned 35 in August and wasn't remotely interested in the idea of having a child. It could be his I suppose (I'm not sure) but either way he has said him and his family want no involvement whatsoever. I remember him finding the pregnancy test packet in our bathroom and then offering to pay send me over to England to end the pregnancy, whilst fully believing at that time the baby was his...

But I think my FOB is my ex from 4 years ago who is a delightful london art student who has done all he can to help despite the circumstances (and the fact he has a gf....loooong story, Jeremy Kyle would love us). He would be a fantastic Daddy, even if he could only see bubs now and again, his parents are fantastic too and have always got on with me. We shall see how things work out.

thats a sticky situation emy!! do u think u will ever get a DNA test?

There will be one done but Matthew has decided he wants to pay for it. It'll be a private one so can be used in court.
He went to see his soliciter which I thought was very good, just so he could know what kind of income to provide etc (I'd rather he concentrate on his studies for now at least).

Not the kind of thing I thought would ever happen to me, but there you are. I would have a massive rant about the 'all-forgiving' girlfriend but I must stop myself.

My relationship with my ex-partner Alastair was a mess by that stage anyway and I was very unhappy with it. If I'd have wanted it, he probably would've blindly forgiven me too, but in the end I told him to pull his act together and move out. He had this 'victim' thing about every relationship he'd been in, about women always leaving him - so now regrettably he can go on to everyone he knows about how he's had another woman leave him. He drives them away is the point, I put up with a lot of crap because I'm young, it was the longest and most serious relationship he'd had.

Never again.

sounds like a tool! and u know if u ever fancy a rant on here, go right ahead!! :flower:

I think we all have a jermery kyle story hidein somewhere inside of us lol

If you're having a market meet, just keep me informed of the date. I have loads of uni work on in December but hopefully should have time for this (and some chrimbo shopping too!).

Have started to bring my LO to funworks and funky monkeys. These places are free until he is 1 - so in 3 weeks! I have 3 weeks until I have to pay £3-4 for the privilege. Soooo funky monkeys yesterday AND today :) Great fun although I'm one of the mums who just follows him and stands behind him all the time, I don't think I could leave him on his own just yet, even though hes as sturdy as an ox :)

Jenny, we were at Funky Monkeys on Sat - I love it! It's great when they're free isn't it - it's dear when you're paying!! I guess it's the Newtownabbey one if you've been going to Funworks too?

Hi girls I'm new here, had my wee boy on 1st August at the Ulster, so just enjoying maternity leave and on a steep learning curve!
Jenny82, we have a funky munky's where we are, would our LO be too young for their activities (he's 14 weeks)?

Hi Josie :)
I've a 13 week old (12 Aug) so not far off from you - she was due on the first - also born at the ulster...
The funky monkeys at Newtownabbey has the bounce and spin froggies, which B will sit in for about 15 mins quite happily, and there's a big 'padded' area which is nice for them to lie on tummies etc, but not when it's busy as my two year old (and plenty of others...) like to romp in there too!!

Hey welcome josie :D

Was gonna ask has anyone went to the ulsters parentcraft class's as me and OH have one this month and just wondered what we would be getting up to, it lasts 2 hours which im sure my bladder will love lol

I'd recommend the Active Birth Workshop too if you're thinking of using Home from Home - it was really good!! I didn't get any parentcraft classes this time as it was my second baby (first at the Royal...)
Also, I think even if you're on labour ward and progressing normally without complications they'll only normally check you every 4 hours too. As for me, I was 5cm when I was examined in Day Obstetric Unit, then they only checked me again when my waters went 2 hours late, and I was 10cm and ready to push, so can't comment on the 4 hour thing!

Luna, just noticed your ticker - congratulations!!

as for us, we're getting around plenty, bangor, lisburn, newtownabbey in the last few days... soft play, pixie foto (excellent by the way if you've never used them- voucher in Bounty bag when you give birth...), fish shops - we're planning on getting a tropical tank after christmas!

Perhaps we could do a soft play meet some time?

YES who fancies funky monkeys???

where's that? I know there's one in Lurgan but I'm assuming you aren't talking about that one lol

I've been going to funky monkeys and funworks since my LO was about 4 months old! My friend has a toddler though so we sat drinking tea and eating toast while her boy ran himself tired :haha:

The soft play area in funworks is fantastic though, and they run baby/toddler mornings every morning from 10-12, I think with toast for the LOs. I haven't been to this in donkeys though since I'm back to uni :/

I'll do a funky monkeys meet if its on a day that I'm off?!

I think we're on about the one in Newtownabbey? It's just off the motorway so very easy to get to if you're driving... they do toddler morning with juice etc on a Wed or Fri I think (activities the other days). I've been to the Lurgan one too...

could we do a friday afternoon? at the one in newtownabbey?

Hey welcome josie :D

Was gonna ask has anyone went to the ulsters parentcraft class's as me and OH have one this month and just wondered what we would be getting up to, it lasts 2 hours which im sure my bladder will love lol

I'd recommend the Active Birth Workshop too if you're thinking of using Home from Home - it was really good!! I didn't get any parentcraft classes this time as it was my second baby (first at the Royal...)
Also, I think even if you're on labour ward and progressing normally without complications they'll only normally check you every 4 hours too. As for me, I was 5cm when I was examined in Day Obstetric Unit, then they only checked me again when my waters went 2 hours late, and I was 10cm and ready to push, so can't comment on the 4 hour thing!
We where ment to get 3 parentcraft class's but the baby will be born before the last one so thats why we only going to two, and the active birth one dosnt start again till after baby is born.
yea im planning to give birth in home from home and im gonna try having a water birth. MW we see did explain that if i did choose HFH that id only be checked every 4 hours but liek i said before i dont mind they no what there doing.

For those of you who don't read my journal..I just lost my 6th baby, so I'm done. Get results of recurrent miscarriage bloods on Tuesday, and I hope to god there's a problem that can be fixed, because 6 times really cannot be just bad luck, and I'll go off my head if they all come back normal

:( :hugs:

They've all been really early mc haven't they? Hope they find some answers.

Howdy dowdy!! my names sabrina im originally from coleraine but been living in east belfast for the best part of ten years now :) nice to see soo many ni ladies on here :D currently 14wks pregnant wif my second :)

Thought it was about time i introduced myself instead of stalking yas llf !

Oh yeh n thank youngnimum for getting me the link :D xo

For those of you who don't read my journal..I just lost my 6th baby, so I'm done. Get results of recurrent miscarriage bloods on Tuesday, and I hope to god there's a problem that can be fixed, because 6 times really cannot be just bad luck, and I'll go off my head if they all come back normal

Aw so sorry to hear this, fingers crossed theres a problem with the tests like you say, maybe they will be able to fix something :hugs:

No probs sabrina thought it be nice for you to meet the locals :thumbup:

The internet if you want one, don't think they sell them in shops?

X-mas adds on telly makin me more nervous, just hope my bump still gonna pop on boxing day, cant wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->