The Northern Ireland Crew!!

Have someone checking Ayr for me tomorrow (I haven't flipped, she's a NI gal working in Scotland and home lots :lol:) but if they don't have it would you mind?

I'm desperately wanting a certain dress :blush:

ill be in victoria square tomorrow?

We're gonna be stuck if it's another boy, it was hard enough thinking up one! Last time we thought Maeve for a girl, might be nice to give this baba an Irish name as well. We both think it'll be a boy though, we thought this last time and were right! First scan/booking appointment is 7th March, will be glad to see the scan. How's wee Eva-Jane doing? Is she a good sleeper?

What hospital are you going to give birth at? Shes doing great she has a mouth full of sharp gums at the minute so she has been abit grumpy at times but just been putting teething gel on and she settles. She is a really good sleeper, she will sleep 7hours n wake for another feed then goes back over for another 5, so we are all getting a good sleep at night :thumbup:
Love her big gummy smiles thats all she dose at the minute :cloud9:

Booked for the Ulster again but could change to Downpatrick as it's very handy to us, Ulster is about 40 mins drive and I was quite quick last time so worried about getting there! However, Downe is midwife-led with no docs there, if I needed them would have to go by ambulance to the Ulster. Plus I may decide I want the drugs this time! Oh you are so lucky Eva-Jane sleeps, Odhrán isn't good at all! He's teething like mad too but still no teeth. Aw the wee gummy smiles are just the best, she's getting to that stage where you're getting much more interaction with her.

If you do go to ulster you should try home from home, but you can only have Gasnair an i think path, i found it great tho and it was great that OH could stay over :thumbup: But seen the downpatrick one on the news seems a good set up but its for low risk only aint it?
She is fab, think i gave born to a angel :happydance: Bought her a pink play mat yesterday both of us have been having fun with it lol

I was in Ulster home from home for Odhrán, just had gas and air but had to go up to labour ward for the delivery and was put on a drip to speed things up as I'd been pushing for 4 hours! Only took 40 mins for him to come after that. It didn't help that they gave me sleeping tablets when I got to the home from home and an hour later I was 7cm! Yeah it is great, was so glad that DH could stay the night. There was such a contrast between the home from home and upstairs where I delivered, it was so much more clinical and hectic up in the delivery suite. I've seen the unit at the Downe and the rooms are exactly like the home from home in the Ulster. Yep it's for low risk pregnancies only, I'm guessing I would probably still be low risk, not sure. Just wouldn't fancy having to go to the Ulster by ambulance if anything went wrong. My doc booked my in for the Ulster as he said he thinks a consultant should always be available should anything go wrong. I've plenty of time to decide!
The wee play mats are great aren't they? Odhrán loves his but just tries to eat all the dangly bears on it, he's a geg!

Have someone checking Ayr for me tomorrow (I haven't flipped, she's a NI gal working in Scotland and home lots :lol:) but if they don't have it would you mind?

I'm desperately wanting a certain dress :blush:

No problem, you can let me know if her friend doesn't get it

I was in Ulster home from home for Odhrán, just had gas and air but had to go up to labour ward for the delivery and was put on a drip to speed things up as I'd been pushing for 4 hours! Only took 40 mins for him to come after that. It didn't help that they gave me sleeping tablets when I got to the home from home and an hour later I was 7cm! Yeah it is great, was so glad that DH could stay the night. There was such a contrast between the home from home and upstairs where I delivered, it was so much more clinical and hectic up in the delivery suite. I've seen the unit at the Downe and the rooms are exactly like the home from home in the Ulster. Yep it's for low risk pregnancies only, I'm guessing I would probably still be low risk, not sure. Just wouldn't fancy having to go to the Ulster by ambulance if anything went wrong. My doc booked my in for the Ulster as he said he thinks a consultant should always be available should anything go wrong. I've plenty of time to decide!
The wee play mats are great aren't they? Odhrán loves his but just tries to eat all the dangly bears on it, he's a geg!

Ah i see dosnt sounds good, you no when you go to get assessed once youv started to get contractions, when i went up the girl i seen was usless, checked me out and said i wasnt in labour and she would see e back on boxing day three days later, my head was everywhere thinking id have to stick the pain i was getting for another few days, i ended up giving birth the same day i went bak up and i was 8cm :dohh: When i manage to get to home from home :blush: The MW there wasnt very erm chatty she kinda just stood watching tv untill she swap with another MW as her sift was over the 2nd girl was lovely tho.
The downpatrick one looks really smart but id be worried if anything did go wrong youd have to traval a good bit to get to the ulster, would you not fancy a home birth? Not for me presonaly :wacko:

I just saw this documentary featured on Oprah and thought you guys might be interested.. here is the trailer for it. It follows 4 babies in their first year from 4 different countries. There's no dialogue so it's a very easy watch and no doubt will make you all even more broody!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vupEpNjCuY

awwwwwwww! wer can i watch it???

Don't know Linds, haven't found that out yet... just saw it briefly on Oprah!

I just saw this documentary featured on Oprah and thought you guys might be interested.. here is the trailer for it. It follows 4 babies in their first year from 4 different countries. There's no dialogue so it's a very easy watch and no doubt will make you all even more broody!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vupEpNjCuY

Awww when I seen this I just had to (download it) I've just watched it while Madison was napping & I had a smile on my face the whole way, it's very well done! It's a whole different world out there, I see now how much I take things for granted & have so much respect for mothers from different cultures!

YoungNImum our experiences sound so similar! Can't believe they sent you home, they told me if I lived in Belfast I'd be going home too. Midwife who saw me on admission was soo patronising, she was like, so it's your first baby? Said I wasn't in active labour and only 3cm when an hour or so later I'd gone up to 7! First midwife had another with her and they weren't that friendly either and
watched our tv a lot, then the shift changed and the next one was just lovely.
We were both lucky we were quite quick, though 8 hours was long enough for me! No a home birth is definitely not for me, imagine the dog being there and the postman calling at the door! They're so much more common in England though.

YoungNImum our experiences sound so similar! Can't believe they sent you home, they told me if I lived in Belfast I'd be going home too. Midwife who saw me on admission was soo patronising, she was like, so it's your first baby? Said I wasn't in active labour and only 3cm when an hour or so later I'd gone up to 7! First midwife had another with her and they weren't that friendly either and
watched our tv a lot, then the shift changed and the next one was just lovely.
We were both lucky we were quite quick, though 8 hours was long enough for me! No a home birth is definitely not for me, imagine the dog being there and the postman calling at the door! They're so much more common in England though.

Very similar experiences! I wouldnt have a home birth even if i had to crawl to the hospital, id rather be there an if my baby needed help it get it straight away.
When i have another id like to go to home from home again it was a great experience, i enjoyed the whole thing apart from the contractions tho haha

Anyone else watch One born every minute? Jeez that girl can scream!!

Yea, over the top, i didnt have the energy to scream even if i wonted to lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->