The Northern Ireland Crew!!

I so want everyone to be pregnant :haha:

I am stupidly happy that I got to add my 2 month milestone!!!

It's like - wow he's two months old...TIME TO GET MY NEW BFING MILESTONE BADGE!!

Well done EmyDra! I am considering using cloth nappies when (if?!) I have a baby so will probably be looking for advice!

waow emma thats AMAZING. seriously. i have sooo much respect for bfing mums, i lasted 5 days :dohh:

Saraya's bum!
https://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/Aaisrie/Fluffy%20Bums/6265fbff.jpghttps://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/Aaisrie/Fluffy%20Bums/82345181.jpghttps://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/Aaisrie/Fluffy%20Bums/fa3a7607.jpg

awwwwww i LOVE the orange one with the zebra!

waow emma thats AMAZING. seriously. i have sooo much respect for bfing mums, i lasted 5 days :dohh:

Aww, thanks Nuke :). I found the first while really tough, they let you believe it's all natrual ho-ha and it's utter lies! Latching this little curly orange thing when it's half alseep...being told he MUST feed every 3 hours because of the jaundice...ek!

Seriously - meet?! Guys, I wanna meet and I'm ready to tackle the train with Si.

Speccy - Awesome! I basically planned to do cloth nappies cause it's so much cheaper and didn't like how the nappy expenditure fitted into my budgetting. It costs about an extra £5 a month of electric and nappying washing powder as an ongoing fee but it really depends on your washing machine and mine is a little crap.
I think I only spent £120 on my entire nappy stash but have bought three more nice ones since, then 5 x 24 is another £120 so overall cost of nappies is about £240. As opposed to disposables which cost on average 14.8p each and total at around 5300 nappies, so it's around £800! Even if it was only £500 it's still a big saving :)
Also - I love them, in fact, I'm obsessed. I found a nappy shop when I visited my hometown and went wild with buying stuff, it was like going to Toys R us as a kid.
I like to think of the landfill saving as a added bonus, and I don't care about all the 'chemicals' in the disposables which tend to be the other selling points. Everyone was Sooooo negative when I first annouced I was gonna use them (like 12 weeks pregnant hahaha) but they have ALL come around, even my Dad is a total convert.

Oooo!!! I LOVE Saraya's FLUFFYBUM! <3

This is the only pic I have taken so far when he was just in his nappy, and it's a boring green one, but will photo the nice ones at some stage. :)

Attachments

• Silas (15).jpg
    Silas (15).jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCF0068.jpg
    DSCF0068.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1
Emy I only started at the weekend!! I actually found a page which explained the "maths" of nappies and it predicts that over your childs nappy lifetime [2.5 yrs] it'll cost an average of £1200 - that's an average between using Tesco/Asda own types and brand types so if you only use brand names it'll be more and vice versa. The most expensive way to cloth bum is to buy the sized nappies [as in small/m/l etc] or you can do it cheaper using terries/prefolds or BTP [birth to potty size] but even as the most expensive [sized] it works out at about £600 so it's still a LOT cheaper and that's the most expensive option! I'm still putting Saraya in sposies to go to nursery and this morning she told me she didn't want that one on so I take that as a good thing that she prefers the feeling of cloth. Most people keep a stash of about 20 which should mean washing on average every 2nd day, I just threw the nappies in with the rest of her clothes [although you shouldn't use fabric softener on them so I just left it out] and they clean up so easy!

Oh Linds the Zebra is a WeeNotions pocket [which are fast becoming my favourite!]. All the nappies I have bought are 2nd hand! Much cheaper and I haven't any with stains or anything on them!

Lovely pictures! You're selling them well too! As well as the money thing, keeping some stuff out of landfill is important to me too - my husband is a bit of an eco-warrier and is keen to use them! It seems daunting to start off with, but I'm sure it's something you get used to and get better at as you go along. Thinking about all this stuff keeps me busy while TTC anyway!

Yes :) It's nice to get all the plans in place before hand!

I have 30 nappies :blush:...but I only use about 15. I panicked and wanted to make sure I had enough! My washing machine can only do small loads so I try and do a wash everyday or they don't get clean enough - my bucket only holds about 10 + inserts. I have a lot of spare inserts too which double as 'wee catchers' on the changing table :)

None of mine are second hand, but most of the bamboo ones are stained now (annoying, as I find they are the most absorbant) some are still unbelievably white in comparason. My family have offered to blast them in their decent washing machine to get the stains out at some stage.

But yes, so so easy. If I can do it as a single Mum, and look after him and the house (well...not let the house fall into an unredeemable state at least) then I'm sure anyone can do it.
Not sure how I'd be with two babies (or even two children to look after) in them, but I'm sure he'll be out of nappies before I end up with another one...whenever that'll be.

Bless him...jabs today and he'd been a bit off sorts...just fallen asleep on the playmat and he looked so peaceful i've just popped a blanket over him :)

A meet people, come on! Especially now the nice weather has showed its face! :D

Thinks its funny that me, Nuke and Aaisrie all have the same colour hair :rofl:

Ahh dont you just LOVE fights over FB mail with ex-oh :dohh: I could scream!

Liz my hair was in some weird ass state from being so ill I couldn't get it done! So glad it's "normal" again lol

Oh and mine is actually more pinky than reddy!

Mines is currently luminous pink and with yellow roots cus Id to bleach out my dark roots earlier and havnt put the red on yet :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->