The Northern Ireland Crew!!

I think the zoo would be great! Luna you are welcome to help push my wee lump about!

Aw what's up Nuke, is Poppy having tummy trouble?

barry was carrying her down from upstairs, slipped on the 3rd/4th step up and she fell like 4' onto her back and hit her head. went to whiteabbey hospital who made us wait for 30 mins before a nurse came to tell us they cant see kids under 5 :saywhat: and they also didnt have a doctor?!?!?! so we wer told to go to thr RVH, and i realised we cud be waiting a good long while so we went home to greenisland to get a snack to bring for poppy, and her juice bottle, and went to the RVH a&e. they then told us they had a special kids' a&e, so we went there, got seen by a nurse, told we wud be waiting 90 mins which was ok. so we wer in the waiting room, poppy had calmed down a bit so we put her down to play with the toys and other children. she then tripped and smacked her forehead off the corner of the kids table, cutting her head. eventually got seen by a doc. she was fine. poor barry is a jibbering wreck still tho, he cried his eyes out when it happened. i keep telling him it was an accident but he is really shaken up by it, feels awful.

I've had no issues with cheapies either! :flower:

:hugs: to Poppy (and Barry by the sounds of it!)

she's bloody fine!!! he was out drinking on thursday (very rare occurance) and is blaming himself, he thinks it happened because he was a wee bit hungover! it cud easily have happened to anyone else, even me! poor guy.

AMANDA, have just found this seller too who is selling new ex-display pocket nappies for cheap (also a uk seller so u dont have to wait for a year to get em)

https://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?LH_B...memberme36&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=15&_sc=1

there are LOADS of different options, im using pockets, which is the cloth nappy which has 2 thin layers, the inside is lovely and soft for next to baby's bum, and the outside is also soft, but the inside of the outside layer has a waterproof coating. the nappy has a wee hole at the top of the back which u put the insert into, which looks like a big thick cloth sanitary towel. the pee goes through the first layer of nappy, and gets soaked up by the insert (and leaves the layer it went through completely bone dry, its actually amazing! then u can put a liner (thin and for catching poop) next to their bum too. these are the liners which come in disposable or reusable. for explosive poops, if the liner doesnt catch it all and goes round to the actual nappy (like ours did yesterday) u just soak the nappy in hot water for a little while then bung it in the wash, comes out like new :D it really depends on how many times u want to wash them and how many u wud go through in a day! im lazy and only want to wash every 2/3 days, and also if u just have a wee, u can just take out the pee-soaked insert and put in a new cry one, in the same nappy. ive ordered around 25 nappies and 35 inserts (if u buy a nappy tho it generally comes with 1 or 2 inserts) there are sooo many brands out there, from 3.50 inc postage to 30 quid and up! i ordered 5 to see how it went, here a link to the ppl i used:

https://stores.ebay.co.uk/cloth-diaper-nappy?_rdc=1
(they are all auctions, but i havent paid over 1.50 per nappy, most wer 99p)

or heres a seller who is selling 10 + 10 inserts for very cheap:

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190443021603&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

most ppl will warn u off ebay cheapies, but i just got a few to try and tbh i cant see any issue with them at all!! (so far)

HTH :flower:

Just about the soaking thing - I was told to soak in cold water to stop staining! Also the sun will get stains out too :] When I use my pockets, even if the layer touching her feels dry I'd still wash the whole thing just from bacteria POV but I could be wrong - what do you do debs?

i shud probably said that too! im still a total newbie! do u wash the whole nappy after every single use eve? i didnt know that about cold water, ill remember that! :thumbup:

and having said that theres nothing wrong with ebay cheapies... im now obsessed with wee notions. :dohh:

Yeah I wash the whole thing too. For the flips though, I just change the insert since it's a wrap/insert as opposed to a pocket.
For itti SIO I just changed the inserts too (unless they soaked right through to the wrap inner)

Hey ladies! I don't check in here that often, as I always forgot about it :dohh:

I voted on the poll thingy! About yorkgate, where is the soft play area? I went looking for it one day and couldn't find it and the security guy had noooo idea what i was talking about, so I ended up going home!

We were at the zoo on st patricks day and it was amazing. Definitely a lot more enjoyable now that wee dude knows what he is looking at!

Hey ladies! I don't check in here that often, as I always forgot about it :dohh:

I voted on the poll thingy! About yorkgate, where is the soft play area? I went looking for it one day and couldn't find it and the security guy had noooo idea what i was talking about, so I ended up going home!

We were at the zoo on st patricks day and it was amazing. Definitely a lot more enjoyable now that wee dude knows what he is looking at!

hey jenny! how r u feelin hun? the softplay is up at the arcade i think?

Aww poor Poppy..and Barry!

I keep goin on that wee notions site and want them alllll...just need a baby to put them on :rofl:

I have never tried a wee notions. I'm scared I'll become addicted and as a result be very extremely even-worse-than-i-am-now poor. :haha:

barry and i are gonna sit down later and design one together! :cloud9:

yay! I take it Barry's completely on board too? Lucky you... Mathew is still reluctant, although does like flips so buying a couple more to keep him quiet. :haha:

You know what I love most of all about cloth? The fact Abbie loves it too.... she picks them up and goes "oooh is nice mammy" :cloud9:

barrys over the moon as ive bought all the fluffies and im doin the washing so really its no work for him and he doesnt have to fork out for sposies nemore! i caught poppy cuddling one earlier!

Yeah I wash the whole thing too. For the flips though, I just change the insert since it's a wrap/insert as opposed to a pocket.
For itti SIO I just changed the inserts too (unless they soaked right through to the wrap inner)

Yea I do the same, with the WN AI2's I just change the insert unless the wrap part is wet then I wash it too, same with the ittis I was just washing the inserts because they're so thick it doesn't seem to wet the wrap bit.

For me it's gotta be an Issy or WN.... although I have a HL on the way to see how they do!! Saraya is the same, she loves choosing what nappy she wears at change time. Her favourite is the bumblebee issy I got her for her birthday [it's preloved] anddd she loves the eggs one too. She also loves the yellow itti but the shape just isn't working for us, the Issys and WN are a much better fit on her.

hey jenny! how r u feelin hun? the softplay is up at the arcade i think?

In the arcade? I don't think I looked in there :dohh:

I'm grand. Bit tired and OH is away out to a gig tonight - *sigh* this is me for the next 9 months :)

As discussed on FB Eve and Linds....

https://i515.photobucket.com/albums/t353/linkables/wetbag2.jpg
https://i515.photobucket.com/albums/t353/linkables/wetbag1.jpg

It's got a "wet" side and a "dry" side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member