The Northern Ireland Crew!!

Funky Monkeys supposed to be good but I suppose it depends if people can get to it. Yorkgate is just OK, can be very busy. We had a meet there a year ago although I didn't really get to sit down as Katie ran around the whole time and I was scared of her running out the door as it was open. I don't mind going back though. Can't think of anywhere else in Belfast. Junction One softplay in Antrim is good but that's probably not very handy for everyone either

Is the one in junction 1 quite quiet? Was just thinking if it is a saturday most of those soft play areas will be bunged

Yes it is busy on a Saturday, that's the only downside of meeting up on a Saturday as everywhere will be busy.

Hii :wave: Leah (Heulyn) directed me to this thread, I'm from West Belfast.. It's great to see some people from around the same area x

Hi & welcome! Our wee boys are both called Odhrán!

I've voted on the meet but from April I'm back to work so will only be able to do Fridays/weekends. Yorkgate sounds ok to me.

I tried to take Si swimming today, fail as pram broke!

Got a replacement wheel for the pram (thank GOODNESS I live almost next to the shop it came from) and we are now going swimming tomorrow.

I'm rather excited about this momentus avent in my sons life.

oooooh he'll love it!! i took pops when she was 6 weeks for the first time... check it out!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=386993446996&set=a.381090106996.169767.511946996&theater

Wah! I tried going through this whole thread to see where abouts in N.Ireland everyone is from, but there's too many pages and it's too early in the morning lol. I live in Scotland but my mum, dad and the rest of my family are from Derry. :)

Hi Christine! :wave: nice to meet you! we are from all over the place!

just voted nuke, what about a location one aswell? maybe 2-3 options?

i was thinking about this today... what about the zoo?

awk its not that bad if u go slowly!!

I'd be up for the zoo haven't been in ages & think Alex would love it! I'm only on this now and again and had a read back lmao (GOGOGO!) Lindsay, & congrats on ttc again that was quick lol

Those cloth nappies look cool but how do you use them?? I remember my mum used the terry towels on my brother I always remember this HUGE safety pin in the middle, how times have changed!

You put em on like a 'sposie and bung em in the washing machine when you take em off. They are soooooo simple now!

they are amazing amanda!! like debs said, they are the same as disposables, only instead of the sticky tab u just have velcro or poppers!

NuKe I love the pic of poppy on FB in her cloth nappies!! They are so so cute. I'm too scared to even start trying them. What do you do when they poo? x

It was poo that scared me off til recently too lauz!
basically you can use liners, either disposable which you just chuck it into the toilet and flush away, or reusable which you flick the poop off and then stick it in the washer with the rest of the nappy.
If it's a particularly gloopy one :sick: I turn the shower on over the toilet and rinse it that way.

... or, if u got an explosive runny one like i did today, u just chuck out the liner :haha: i have to say, i am THOROUGHLY impressed at the fluffy nappy's ability to contain diarrhoea!! there is NO WAY IN HELL a disposable wuda coped with that today!!!

oh and... WHAT A FUCKING DAY.

Yeah I vote the zoo..I can be on 'pushing prams up hills' duty since I wont have one! :D Me and my friend took my wee mindee to the zoo for my last day with her 2 weeks ago, was great!

I think the zoo would be great! Luna you are welcome to help push my wee lump about!

Aw what's up Nuke, is Poppy having tummy trouble?

I'm so sick and tired of runny poo, the amount of vests & babygros I've went through in just one day is unbelievable! Some days I don't even put her in clothes because of it (just sleepsuits), whats the point if there I'm goin to have to change her again :dohh: It has to be he teeth as she's also giving me a few hard poo balls too lol I really don't know how so much can come out of such a small human!

Right so theres the cloth nappy with poppers then a liner, so I throw the disposable out and put the nappy in the wash and put a new cloth nappy on? So wouldn't I need to buy ALOT of these? Or does the liner stop it from getting soiled?:shrug:

there are LOADS of different options, im using pockets, which is the cloth nappy which has 2 thin layers, the inside is lovely and soft for next to baby's bum, and the outside is also soft, but the inside of the outside layer has a waterproof coating. the nappy has a wee hole at the top of the back which u put the insert into, which looks like a big thick cloth sanitary towel. the pee goes through the first layer of nappy, and gets soaked up by the insert (and leaves the layer it went through completely bone dry, its actually amazing! then u can put a liner (thin and for catching poop) next to their bum too. these are the liners which come in disposable or reusable. for explosive poops, if the liner doesnt catch it all and goes round to the actual nappy (like ours did yesterday) u just soak the nappy in hot water for a little while then bung it in the wash, comes out like new :D it really depends on how many times u want to wash them and how many u wud go through in a day! im lazy and only want to wash every 2/3 days, and also if u just have a wee, u can just take out the pee-soaked insert and put in a new cry one, in the same nappy. ive ordered around 25 nappies and 35 inserts (if u buy a nappy tho it generally comes with 1 or 2 inserts) there are sooo many brands out there, from 3.50 inc postage to 30 quid and up! i ordered 5 to see how it went, here a link to the ppl i used:

https://stores.ebay.co.uk/cloth-diaper-nappy?_rdc=1
(they are all auctions, but i havent paid over 1.50 per nappy, most wer 99p)

or heres a seller who is selling 10 + 10 inserts for very cheap:

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190443021603&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

most ppl will warn u off ebay cheapies, but i just got a few to try and tbh i cant see any issue with them at all!! (so far)

HTH :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"