The Northern Ireland Crew!!

I didn't put my hands on the floor but I was bent right forward but apparently the grazing is worse than a cut/stitches!

for about 2 weeks, i felt like someone had done a running kick to between my legs!!

Me too - it was gauze with witch hazel straight from the fridge for me!

It's really weird - I'm actually really looking forward to the labour! I've surprised myself as I'm such a wimp and never go to the doctor, and sit in the dentist's waiting room shivering and nearly crying, so I never expected to look forward to labour! I'm sure it will be horrific, but I'm excited about it. As you all say, it's worth it. I think it helped that the midwife showed me round the ward, and everything and everyone was really lovely, so I feel a lot more comfortable about it.

P.S. Remind me of this post in about 7 months time :haha:

u know what i just remembered?? yano they say cabbage leaves from the fridge are great for massive milky sore boobies? well... i remember like 3 days after having poppy and my boobs wer ROCK HARD, misshapen and agony (actually looked like id had a botched boob job!) and i sent barry to tesco for cabbage leaves, he returned with 2 of those tiny organic ones :dohh: ive never laughed so hard in my life. i was an F pre-pregnancy... at that time my size G bra was too small... i swear... :dohh:

My mum told me sis ito do that with cabbage leaves. she said it worked?

Jeez talking about leaky boobs, My milk didnt flow untill 2 days after id eva, was just sittin down to my x-mas dinner at my mum n dads house and it all came at once all down my tops and down my knees i luckly saved the dinner haha

we both decided last night we gonna wtt in 2014 was ment to be 2013 but we thought if we leave it till 2014 then eva will be 3 :D

If you want to BF then using cabbage leaves is a REALLY bad idea - it reduces your milk hence why it makes swollen boobs feel better. You should only use cabbage leaves if you are switching/using formula and want to stop producing milk because by using them you lessen your chances of getting mastitis etc

:shock: the ONE time i actually listen to my MIL :dohh:

i ended up putting them in the freezer, they warmed up too quickly if they wer just from the fridge! my boobs smelled like cabbage. lovely. cabbage tits.

I thought you knew that Linds?! It's one of those old fashioned things that women did because they didn't know it reduced their flow... def not advisable if you want to BF! The swollenness only last for a few days anyways

well talking about milky boobies - i'm leaking badly already - is that normal?? Not havin her til 5th july but wit Coen i didnt even get any milk til day 5 after he was born!! Poor child wudve startved if he'd been relyin on me :pizza:
o i can remember tryin to use that milk extractor (wtf ya call that- baby brain!!!) my nipple was near sucked down the tube and at the end of it i had LITERALLY about 3 drips!!!! Happened for 2 days then the nurse politely said 'its prob stress - maybe we shud giv the baby a bottle' lol!! :dohh:

People can leak at any point but your milk still won't come in until 3-5 days post birth. Before that you have colostrum which is just as important for the baby. It's VERY rare for someone NOT to be able to breastfeed. Medical reasons for not being able to only affect 3% of the population. Also the amount you can pump is totally irrelevant to the amount of milk you have. Some people can't pump but feed for years... a pump is never going to be as effective as a baby at getting milk out. Even if you can pump 8oz your baby would be able to get more.
TBH that nurse didn't know what she was talking about if she said that.

i was gutted not bein able to feed him but was too worried bout him bein hungry to say anythn. My health visitors comin to see me today and shes lovely so gonna say to her that i really wanna giv it a go properly this time! And hopefully this wee one will be in my room and all wen shes born so i'll b able to do wat i want- felt under pressure last time cus coen was in SCBU. O CANT WAIT TIL SHES HERE!!!! Aaaah! :happydance:

If you want to BF you are best doing it on demand - if baby is hungry you feed regardless of when the last feed was because that's how the baby determines your supply. You will know they're getting food because you will feel your milk letting down and coming out and the baby will gain weight! If the baby isn't gaining weight then you need to feed more frequently!! Don't switch feed [only feed off one side per feed, don't change to the otherside halfway through, that's the old way of doing it]. Make sure your HV/MW are supportive and know about BF. Get involved with a BF support group. All those things are important to being able to continue BFing. Inform yourself, find out about BF and why it's important for babies and all the things that can go wrong. If you are feeding and worried about something there are 24hr helplines for you to ring and talk to someone from La Leche League [amongst others] so you are never far from support. There are many things that are problematic for feeding and people think "oh I can't feed" when actually it's just a problem that can be overcome. It hurts, it's hard work and it really doesn't get easier for about 6w of feeding but the benefits far outweigh any of it.

YoungNIMum - We said we were waiting til missy was 3 too..... changed our minds though! :haha:

we always wanted a 2 year age gap... Looks like its gonna be a bit more than that now. :(

YoungNIMum - We said we were waiting til missy was 3 too..... changed our minds though! :haha:

well we where talking and we think it would be easier for us all, was ment to be 2013 but as Eva was born near the end of decemeber we where thinking if we starting trying just after her 3rd birthday so 2014, its something to look forward to, altho we could be like you and Oh and change are minds :shrug::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->