The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Evening Ladies, I had my mirena removed on the 26th August, had it in for 6 and half years well one for 5 put another straight away. Had no AF for at least 6 years. Really impatient and want to be pregnant now. Had a little spotting but thats it and have no idea how to chart or if I should buy the stick things! Have a DD who is 7 Would love to chat to others who are feeling the same all I can thing about at the moment is TTC xx

Ladies I'm still a bit confused on how to chart when your ovulating or how to even know if your ovulating. I've seen some graphs online but it's looks so confusing. Can anyone break it down for me? Thanks!

Easiest thing with charting is...

Go and get a BBT themometer - you can buy them in Boots or chemists. The important thing is to get one that shows your temp to 2 decimal points.

Take your temp every morning BEFORE you get out of bed or do anything at all (as movement at this stage changes your body temp enormously) and take it at the same time every day.

Use a prog like Fertility Friend to track your temps and it will draw graphs and all sorts for you. There is also a great study tool to help you understand all your info. However, as a quickie...

I found that my temps were a little wild before ovulation.
There was a dip at ovulation
FF won't give you crosshairs (and indicate ovulation) until you have three temp rises on your chart.
You are looking to maintain the raised temps past the normal luteal phase (as this is a good indicator of pregnancy) although I've never got this myself. A pregnancy chart will go triphasic (FF explains all this better than I do)
If you're not pregnant then you get a temperature drop and then AF turns up.
You can have temp drops between ov and AF but as long as they don't drop below the coverline (I think a sort of average temp which is worked out by FF) then it's ok.

I hope this is some help!

Welcome butterflydebs!! I hope your TTC journey is a short one!

xx

Thanks for the Welcome's! :] what is FX? I still catching up on the lingo lol

Welcome to butterflydebs and mommapick!!!!!

Charting seems complex at first but actually isnt too bad once you get used to it. Fertility Friend is a really good tool to use (even though I hate it this month lol!) and helps you to get to know your own fertility signs quite quickly.

The three things most people tend to do are:

Charting Basal Body Temp (In the UK, buy the fertility thermometer from boots as it has 3 decimal places not 2): take it after a minimum of 3 hours unbroken sleep and straight away as soon as you move. Keep your thermometer by your bedside table and take it straight away, even if you are busting for a wee (thats normally me in the morning!). Fertility Friend has a mobile application so I update my temp on it straight away. Try to take it at the same time every morning. Charting BBT is very useful but doesnt help you to preempt ovulation as you only see a temp rise after you ovulate.

Checking cervical mucus (CM) : CM is very important in helping Mr Sperm along. 'Fertile' CM is either watery or of an eggwhite consistency and happens only around your fertile window as your body gears up for ovulation.

Using OPK (Ovulation Predictor Kits): Supermarkets sell these and you can get cheap ones online (ebay or amazon). These detect a hormone called Luteinizing Hormone (LH) which peaks 12-36 hours before you ovulate, so getting a positive one of this helps you to know when to 'baby dance' (BD).

Updated list:

Ex-Mirena TTCers Official Testing Thread Sept/Oct/Nov 2010

sls612 :bfp: 17th Sept!!!!

mommyof3co testing Sept 16th

Louise1985 testing Sept 24th

MrsPOP testing Sept 26th

Cliqmo testing Sept 26th

Shazmos testing Sept 28th

Treykid3 testing Sept 28th

MommaPick testing Oct 1st

Calasen testing Oct 2nd

Kracker testing Oct 5th

giggle_gurl88 testing Oct 5th

KittyKatBabe testing Oct 7th

mum2millsxx testing Oct 10th

CouldThisBeIt testing Oct 12th

lauraclili due AF Oct 18th

curly123 testing Oct

TTCbabynmber2 testing Nov

butterflydebs testing????

Thanks for the Welcome's! :] what is FX? I still catching up on the lingo lol

its fingers crossed i think :) I'm still picking up on them too honey - theres soooooo many abbreviations :) just when i think i know them all i find a new one :)

https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

This is a useful guide to the lingo of the forum! You'll be using them like pros in no time!!!

Charting seems complex at first but actually isnt too bad once you get used to it. Fertility Friend is a really good tool to use (even though I hate it this month lol!) and helps you to get to know your own fertility signs quite quickly.

Charting Basal Body Temp (In the UK, buy the fertility thermometer from boots as it has 3 decimal places not 2): take it after a minimum of 3 hours unbroken sleep and straight away as soon as you move. Keep your thermometer by your bedside table and take it straight away, even if you are busting for a wee (thats normally me in the morning!). Fertility Friend has a mobile application so I update my temp on it straight away. Try to take it at the same time every morning. Charting BBT is very useful but doesnt help you to preempt ovulation as you only see a temp rise after you ovulate.

Checking cervical mucus (CM) : CM is very important in helping Mr Sperm along. 'Fertile' CM is either watery or of an eggwhite consistency and happens only around your fertile window as your body gears up for ovulation.

Using OPK (Ovulation Predictor Kits): Supermarkets sell these and you can get cheap ones online (ebay or amazon). These detect a hormone called Luteinizing Hormone (LH) which peaks 12-36 hours before you ovulate, so getting a positive one of this helps you to know when to 'baby dance' (BD).

Updated list:

MrsPOP testing Sept 26th

Cliqmo testing Sept 26th

Calasen testing Oct 2nd

Kracker testing Oct 5th

curly123 testing Oct

Thanks everyone for your replies, I really have no idea when i should test as I havent had any af for so long cant remember what my cycle was like! Since removal have only had a tiny bit of spotting just after 26/08/10 then on the 07/09/10 feel like I could be pregnant because I feel differant and boobs seem to have grown plus have mouth ulcers(which I never get!), but then think maybe I am going nuts and its my brain playing tricks on me as I want to be pregnant. Its so hard to concentrate on other things but is it to early to test and I know if I do and its negative will be so upset.

Plus the sensible side of my brain says its only been 4 weeks get a grip help lol

Ps how do you reply to a message someone has sent just you ? xx

Morning Ladies hope you are all good, got my second Peak on the CBFM - only got to bd yesterday afternoon as OH's daughter was staying with us so I couldn't get him this morning......lol. I am going to hopefully rape him later - but again his daughter is coming to ours early today as well, as she needs to go back to school to help out for 6.30pm. I just hope if we manage to :sex: then when she goes and its still within my catchment window.

But as much as I would love it to be this one, if it doesn't happen this one, I can try harder next month too. But I am loving the CBFM it seems to be dead straight forward, I just would love it to work for me before Xmas if I can.

Have a good day girls x x

Updated list:

MrsPOP testing Sept 26th

Cliqmo testing Sept 26th

Calasen testing Oct 2nd

Kracker testing Oct 5th

curly123 testing Oct

Thanks everyone for your replies, I really have no idea when i should test as I havent had any af for so long cant remember what my cycle was like! Since removal have only had a tiny bit of spotting just after 26/08/10 then on the 07/09/10 feel like I could be pregnant because I feel differant and boobs seem to have grown plus have mouth ulcers(which I never get!), but then think maybe I am going nuts and its my brain playing tricks on me as I want to be pregnant. Its so hard to concentrate on other things but is it to early to test and I know if I do and its negative will be so upset.

Plus the sensible side of my brain says its only been 4 weeks get a grip help lol

Ps how do you reply to a message someone has sent just you ? xx

Right after my removal I would have sworn I was preggo. Had all the symptoms, but in hindsight I realized it was my hormones going crazy. For some people it takes a little time to get their hormones regulated. It was hard for me to accept as I wanted to be preggo right away. :hugs:

I am so glad to find a place that isnt 2 plus years old!

A bit of back ground. Im 30 and DH is 33. I have a 8 year old from another relationship and DH has 2 boys from another relationshiop. We have a handsome 2 year old son together. We have been TTC number 3 for 11 months after mirana was removed. I had the mirana for 5 years after daughter and only had it removed because my 5 years was up. I didnt have any issues at all and never saw AF after the first 3 months. So when BC was brought up after our son I was all over the mirana band wagon. However this time around I got every possible Side effect you could think of. AF was back in full force, and the cramps were out of this world. My PMS was crazy as well...My poor DH didnt know what was going on as I didnt normaly get PMS. My energy lvl was at a all time low. and I had no libido.(this was sad for my DH as well since we have only been married 2 years) After 8 months we decided to ttc number 3. Plus I was pretty sure that this wasnt just being a new mom and the mirana had to go.

I don't want to go to the doctors yet as I'm only 30 and dont want to be told that something is wrong. My son's birth was kinda hard and I worry something happened at that time....or maybe the mirena did something in the 8 months I had it in. Plus I know we CAN have babies as we have our son together. I was looking on-line for something that might help things along and ran accross " MACA ROOT" . From what I've read its a food and not a hormone for you cant take too much of it and it wont mess with anything else you may be taking. It's said to help with fertility, mood, libido , energy and a mess of other things. I've been taking it for 3 days now and already notice the extra energy. Also I've noticed a increase in libido as well, Im not just there cause DH is wanting a little nookie! :happydance: I've read alot of stories of long term TTC couples who have gotten pregnant after the first or second CD. SO I thought I would give it a try. If nothing else the other benifits I'm getting is well worth it!!

Has anyone else tried Maca??

May I be added to the thread?

My name is Cheri,(35) DH and I have been together 10 years, we have 3 beautiful munchkins DJ is 6, Diego is 5 and Nadia is 2. I had Mirena for 2y3m and had it removed Aug 10th. I wont even go into the slew of negative side effects I had while it was in, because this is a TTC thread right? :)

Removed Aug 10th
had withdrawal bleeding from the 12th-15th
Oed on Aug 21st
spotted all through the month
AF on Sept. 1st
Oed on Sept 16

Ive been taking some herbs to try and help regulate my cycle

Vitex- all cycle
Dong Quai- from af -O
Red Clover- af-O
Red Raspberry leaf- all cycle
b6- all cycle
b-12 all cycle
prenatal vit
fish oil

ETA; Mommyof2peas, I have heard Maca is really good for TTC, am not taking it as I am trying to regulate my hormones to TTC. Goggle Maca for fertility and you should get a lot of info.
babydust!

mommyof2peas and Guera, welcome!

Updated list:

sls612 17th Sept!!!!

MrsPOP testing Sept 26th

Cliqmo testing Sept 26th

Guera testing Sept 28th

Calasen testing Oct 2nd

Kracker testing Oct 5th

curly123 testing Oct

mommyof2peas testing ???

mommyof2peas and Guera, welcome and good luck for those bfps of yours

Updated list:

sls612 17th Sept!!!!

MrsPOP testing Sept 26th

Cliqmo testing Sept 26th

Guera testing Sept 28th

Calasen testing Oct 2nd

Kracker testing Oct 5th

curly123 testing Oct

mommyof2peas testing ???

mommyof2peas and Guera, welcome and good luck for those bfps of yours!!!

Feel free to ask questions, share anything about your stories and gather up some juicy :babydust: !!!

mommyof2peas, when will you be testing hun so I can update the list?

Updated list:

sls612 17th Sept!!!!

MrsPOP testing Sept 26th

Cliqmo testing Sept 26th

Guera testing Sept 28th

Calasen testing Oct 2nd

Kracker testing Oct 5th

curly123 testing Oct

mommyof2peas testing ???

Hey all how are we today?? I am just about to go into my 2ww and I am not holding my breath this month :nope: We :sex: yesterday and the day before but not today and highly unlikely tomorrow. :blush: I am just keeping everything crossed that we have done enough and perhaps :spermy: will get there. I have hated this ttc from the start. I think I have too much info and am constantly worrying about it and putting pressure on myself!! I just want a sticky bean! Hope everyone else is ok xx

sorry for the treble post....my tinternet aint working right!

Thank you for the warm welcome! :blush:
As far as testing goes , My CD has been off the last couple months...I was like clock work. Then a couple months ago I was a week early, Last month a was a week earlier then that. After 11 months of TTC I've long since stoped charting and figure Ill just go with the flow. Alot less stress that way. So If I make it to oct 1st I will go ahead and try testing :-= untill then I will just keep :sex: every other day( and DH doesnt mind that ) :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->