The One Year Strong Ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG HUBBY AND I BOTH JUST SAW A SHOOTING STAR!!! He was like..you know what that means...we are going to have a baby....soo sweet!!!

Here are the cupcakes I made today..going to be part of the the baby shower optional design scheme...what do you ladies think?
https://i52.tinypic.com/69fdef.jpg

very sweet on the shooting star!!! and the cupcakes are soooo cuper cute! i love them!!

Thanks Busy.....fondant is amazing..its soo easy to work with...Im going to try to keep it simple with the decorating...I think it just looks neat and professional... the shooting star was amazing!!! I made a babydust wish for all of you ladies!!

Got to BD last night..finally..wasnt a fun BD...he didnt seem to be having fun..and I felt like I was raping him so I wasnt having fun either..but got a pretty good sample and left the softcup in all night so maybe having fun isnt important lol...so... now we wait...

lol such a romantic time, that fertile window! GL hun xx

I officially started my christmas shopping today. Got DF an electric toothbrush lol... He's been going on about it since this time last year. Last week he nagged me for forgetting to get him one for christmas last year so while I remembered, I got one from Argos!!
Not doing tooo much for Christmas this year though, giftwise. Parents, sister and BIL, DF and nephew. Everyone else can go without!!!

I have no idea what to do for Christmas..If Im preggie before then...telling everyone will be their present lol...and of course we'll come up with a cute present to do it but I just dont know what yet...found out yesterday that hubby is going to go with me home for both Thanksgiving and Christmas..so yay!! He and his mom had a huge fight over her throwing my stuff out..he finally admitted that she knew what she was doing..(before he had told me oh she wouldnt do that on purpose..she didnt know it was yours..) but he finally got over the whole "my mom can do nothing bad" thing and fussed at her about throwing my stuff out..and told her that even though the house was in their name they didnt live here anymore and they couldnt just come in and throw stuff away that wasnt theirs...YAY HUBBY!! I was soo proud of him for standing up to her and so happy that he finally took my side and realized I wasnt just being melodramatic about it...Cottleston I cant believe its been 18 weeks already for you!! Seems like just yesterday you were telling us the BFP news!! sooo weirdl...my friend Brit thats preggie is 20 weeks already!! cant believe that either..I hope my pregnancy seems to go by that fast lol...im soo impatient....

I did a post search for her and the last thing I saw was her talking to you on another thread about this upcoming week being busy...so I guess it was a busy one lol... Spunky has a scan or something Tuesday of this coming week...and everyone else seems to have just disappeared :shrug:

Im reading this book called Misconceptions for my doula thing..and it is just..well she just seems soo let down and pessimistic by todays society and the take on conception and pregnancy and birth..its making me sad lol..and making me hope that if my OBGYN doesnt act like I want them too then I hope I can find one that is compassionate and caring...

On a cycle note..my nipples are sooo sore..so I am pretty sure I actually ovulated/am ovulating... not sure if we will BD tonight or not...prolly not knowing him...ok I just asked and he said..yeah..we'll mess around..lol...such a boy..

10 dpo BFN, sort of discourages, but know that seriosuly this is soooo early anyway:coffee:-considering im counting the day of EWCM as the day of ovulation when it could even be a few days past that....right?:shrug:
my sister is also 18 weeks right now!:happydance: just found out its a baby boy! planning to name him Mathew Ernesto! i cant wait!!!! i just wish she didnt live so far away:nope:
had about 4 waves of nausea......upset belly is not unusual for me tho and we had a very busy day! went to a family fun day at our church, then to a historic village in the area called crossroads, it has 20 trick or treat stations decorated up and the kids get a prize at each one and then a fun halloween train ride through the train, then we took the kids dressed up to see my mom since we wont see her tomorrow because of church....long FUN day, but i am tired-we ate junk most of the day so that could explain the :sick:
does anyone else love these icons as much as i do?? seriosuly cuuuuttteeee

oh and my son came home from school yesterday with a note that headlice is going around! guess what!@!!!!!! :hissy: he had it and so do I !!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!! Have you gotten that special shampoo to get rid of it? I hope its not soo bad...hope it doesnt get spread to everyone lol..parents should check their kids everyday before school...and if they have it dont send them..stupid people lol...

he got it from the neighbor when we first moved in here a few months ago, i have been a spaz and freak ever since..... i strip beds and wash on hot setting every friday....i also check his head every weekend. looks like he got it sometime mon-fri this week and he had a baaaaad case of it! the other 2 kids didnt get it....and my hair is below my waist so if course i would get it too! ugh so much work, bleaching, cleaning, washing, vacuuming. yes we got the special shampoo and i also use tea tree oil. it works really well in prevention.. guess i got too lazy with not using as often as before! back to the drawing board. all of us will get sprayed down with a mixture of oil and water before bed. his head is already clear from me combing through it 3 times. il be bakc to cheakcing him everyday and washing bedding everyday for 2 weeks, then i can go back to once a week if i continue to use the tea tree oil

haha well it sounds like u have it under control...my cousins got it once..and they had 4 kids in the family at the time...lol..so u can imagine it was almost impossible to stop that spreading...and stop it from re-spreading...my cousin had an allergic reaction to the shampoo stuff and it made sores on her head worse than lice ever would..was horrible..I know its almost impossible but I think teachers should check the kids heads in the morning just a quick sift through and if anyone has it call the parents and send them home....but of course that will never happen lol..lol...

for those of you that saw the cupcakes I made and keeping in mind the time it would save to just order them instead of making them..especially if you had kids...how much would you be willing to pay for 1 dozen of them? ..just trying to get an idea for when I start selling them...

i would do $1 or $1.50 per cupcake....at the big mall here there is a fancy cupcake store that sells then for $2 each but they are really big. you can arrange the price if you start to make more elaborate ones

Welcome Back Busymommy! Sorry about the mc, and the headlice, and the two year old! I hope I will be able to roll wiht the punches with kids like you do!

Erica- cute cupcakes, good luck this cycle, and there's no way a teacher can check heads! (I am a teacher and we are spread thin with everything we have to do).

Welcome Mrs.iwnamkabb! Good luck!!

No scans for me until Jan. :( Oh well. I ordered a doppler (which I SWORE I wouldn't do) and am looking forward to it on Tuesday. It was like $43 on Amazon and has the (probe?) instead of the one piece, so I'm hoping it'll maybe work better? Told hubby I wouldn't panic if I can't find a heartbeat since it's still early, but I know I will. Too fat for my clothes, not big enough for maternity and am hiding tummy for only 8 more school days, telling family Veteran's Day (I have an appointment that morning to make sure things are going well and figure I'll be in the clear for the most part since I'll be 11w6d). Kayak will have their unvieling to the family then I can dress comfy at school!

thanks Spunky! its hard to believe you actually made it through my rants:blush: whew stressful few days, but im in bed with a warm tea and my lap top-my hubby is cleaning the kitchen and changing out the :laundry::thumbup:and my little munchkins are sound asleep:happydance:
i am very happy with the teacher for sending the note home. his school is wonderful and elementary teachers amaze me!!! i have had zero complaints with any of his teachers (well actually his 2nd grade teacher yelled alot, im not too fond of yelling-i personally think it can lead to a emotional distress and anxiety in children.....:nope:) but other than that i am a very happy mommy:thumbup:-and if i can brag a bit my 8 yr old is a WONDERFUL student too:winkwink:
very happy for you Spunk! you are having a baby!! :wohoo: have you said it outloud yet??

Hi Spunky...yeah I know teachers are busy enough as it is and underpaid as it is..but in a Utopia world lol....heads would be checked !!!

Cupcake wise I am still trying to work out the prices and what I plan on offering...I think I might just make it $10 for half-dozen ...$14 for a dozen...$18 for a dozen and a half and then $22 for two dozen...

Hi girls,
I'm in the middle of a major meltdown at work, and trying to juggle a super-stressed boss, a bazillion patients, and an online clinical pharmacology class. So, I don't anticipate being around much.
DH is finally on the same page as I am, I think it's because of our birthdays this last month. I know he wanted me to be pregnant before I was 30, so we're getting up there. CD 12 right now, mostly relying on the CBFM and temping. Will see what happens.

Best of luck to everyone.

Chelsea, glad you're doing well. :) You will most likely not be able to find the heartbeat with your doppler until you're at LEAST 12 weeks. Sometimes it's hard to find even then, even with experience, so don't worry. Once you hit 20 weeks, you'll be able to hear it with something as simple as a stethoscope.

NJ, hope everything calms down for you!!! Im taking an online breastfeeding course and also working on my Doula readings lol..its nice though that Im not on a time line lol....hope you get it all worked out..Im sure you'll do great!!

Any of you ladies planning on doing a belly cast while preggie? I was looking at pics of them last night and some of them are just amazing once painted....I think I want to do one for our bedroom that is more sentimental for us..and then one for the nursery with a kid theme (prolly fairies for a girl or dragons/wizards for a boy)....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"