The One Year Strong Ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kitten, Its good to hear from you hun...it's been a while.. :hugs: I am sorry that you are having back problems from your accident and I hope you feel better soon...:flower:

@busy- that's so great hun! Very exciting!

@kitten- I hope that things turn around soon for you and that you can get out of there. :(

@wannabe- seriously I want to know where my negative comments are so I can stop writing whatever it is that's offensive. I can't fix it if you don't show me.

busymommy - Awesome about the induction date! Best of Luck! Can I ask how far along you'll be and why you chose induction (or not choose?)? I'm terrified of being induced and hope he decides to come on his own.

Wannabe - Sorry that your job is so stressful! I know my job made me feel ill a lot (I stress myself out to the point where I feel TERRIBLE), but I'm hoping you're feeling bad for a different reason! Fingers Crossed!

Sparklebunny - Sorry you're so tired! Hope it gets better soon! Morning Sickness any better? For me I felt better about week 9...

Tiffany - Congrats on moving into a new flat! Good to see you! Looking forward to hearing about a test someday soon! Here's hoping she's late for a reason! :hugs: for your car accident! I hope you recover quickly so the move isn't as horrible!

i will be 37 weeks. i am choosing the induction.
i was induced at 35 weeks with my 2nd baby because i was having kidney issues that could not be fixed until he was out (found out it was a "mass" and a pooling of blood)
i was scheduled to be induced with my daughter at 38 weeks, 1. becasue my husband was supposed to travel for 3 weeks for his job risking missing the birth, and becaus ehe gets 1 weeks paternity time, he would be able to SKIP the travel and actually get 3 (sneaky) and 2. she was measuring already 8lbs and was concerned if she was to get any larger that would put me at risk of blood loss during delivery (i have a type of hemophellia) SSOOOOOO given the history, and having the best OB on the PLANET (im a little partial) she said as long as the pregnancy was going well she would induce me at teh earliest of 37 weeks. i told her that was the week my sister would be here (shes actually coming in town for our moms 3rd wedding)
inductions for me were 10 times better than "natural labor" with my first. but ALL ALL ALL pregnancy, labor and delivery are different!!!! some people say the indictions are worse and i love them. my non assisted delivery was much more painful.

Thanks Spunky! The nausea was bad last night I threw up all my dinner and had to get more because I was starving afterwards! I'm 9 weeks tomorrow so I'm praying that it eases up!

Thanks Spunky! The nausea was bad last night I threw up all my dinner and had to get more because I was starving afterwards! I'm 9 weeks tomorrow so I'm praying that it eases up!

mine eased up at around 9/10 weeks, though i didn't seem to have it too bad, so fingers crossed for you.

I feel a loyalty to this thread as it helped me through ttc even though i never posted much, i never have anything interesting to say!

I do have to say though that i think this thread is about support and encouragement for everyone going through the struggle of ttc, and now seemingly beyond! which means we need as little negativity as possible, except if you're moaning about your own life, which is completely your right, no one else can! lol

I would like to involve myself more, but i understand that its not really my place anymore, so if anyone minds just let me know and i'll Foxtrot Oscar :winkwink:

Wishing everyone all the best in the meantime, whatever stage you are :flower:

Blimey... Shame about the negativity on here lately. Think I'll stay away from it though... As has already been said, this thread is for support and sharing so I'll stick to that.
But not right now because I haven't slept. It's 9am and toby's been awake since 3. (I went to bed at 1:30 but he was fussing in his sleep so I stayed awake.)

It's got to a point where ive tried everything and all that's left for me to do is join in the crying. DF keeps promising to help but when it cones to it, he values his sleep too much.

Guys, It can be really difficult to begin with once you have given birth with the night feeds and stuff, if you're OH/DH/DF are being pr*cks about it just leave them to it, because it means you can make the better bond between you and baby =) trust me i think it's a bloke thing with sleep my OH once slept 20Hours.... =( No babies in the scene but got puss cats.
I will be in a similar situation as you cottlestonpie with night time feeds and stuff when the time comes as my OH works nights 8:30pm til 5:30am sometimes later =( you do get through it trust me, my mum was a single mum raising twins and they are doing just fine =) you can do it =) stay positive =)

see i think i'm lucky, my OH can survive on little sleep and be ok, I get Uber grumpy and end up not functioning well, so he's said he doesn't mind helping out with night feeds ad doing things that i don't get round to doing during the day coz i'm like catching up on sleep etc.

I wonder how willing he will be when it comes to it though?? lol

@busy- that's so great hun! Very exciting!

@kitten- I hope that things turn around soon for you and that you can get out of there. :(

@wannabe- seriously I want to know where my negative comments are so I can stop writing whatever it is that's offensive. I can't fix it if you don't show me.

Do you know how to say beat a dead horse....Seriously lets let it go.. I mean come on....I dont have the time to worry about explaining it to you, i am not on a judge and jury....Lets just agree to disagree like adults and move on...

Busy - Thank you for sharing! I haven't heard of positive experiences with induction, maybe it's not bad for everyone, there's hope! Who knows if I'll need it, but it does reassure me. I have gestational diabetes and worry over having a huge baby and getting induced.

sparklebunny - how sad! :hugs: Threw up and then were hungry? I never threw up, but I felt pretty bad between weeks 6-9, and then felt better, here's hoping yours will end soon!

Katherine - :hugs: Sorry DF isn't helping out! I watched a LO once and I sat on the floor with her (she was just under a year) and I couldn't get her to stop crying, so I cried with her. I'm sure I'll end up doing the same with James! My friend told me she moved her newborn out of her bedroom like the first week cause the noises he made in his sleep kept her awake. Can you move him elsewhere so at least that might not wake you? I hope you start getting some more sleep and help soon :hugs:

Spunky! You have no idea how much you comment about atarting to feel better around week 9 reassures me! I was starting to get worried again as I havn't been feeling as ill latley. LOL I know I worry too much! Neadless to say I have been feeling better latley and I am 9 weeks! Thanks for the reassurance!!

i was induced at 35 weeks with my 2nd baby because i was having kidney issues that could not be fixed until he was out (found out it was a "mass" and a pooling of blood)
i was scheduled to be induced with my daughter at 38 weeks, 1. becasue my husband was supposed to travel for 3 weeks for his job risking missing the birth, and becaus ehe gets 1 weeks paternity time, he would be able to SKIP the travel and actually get 3 (sneaky) and 2. she was measuring already 8lbs and was concerned if she was to get any larger that would put me at risk of blood loss during delivery (i have a type of hemophellia) SSOOOOOO given the history, and having the best OB on the PLANET (im a little partial) she said as long as the pregnancy was going well she would induce me at teh earliest of 37 weeks. i told her that was the week my sister would be here (shes actually coming in town for our moms 3rd wedding)
inductions for me were 10 times better than "natural labor" with my first. but ALL ALL ALL pregnancy, labor and delivery are different!!!! some people say the indictions are worse and i love them. my non assisted delivery was much more painful.

I'm so scared of induction! i have known lots of women who have had it done and loved it, but i know my mom had a hard time with it- so that was enough to scare me! Glad you found something that worked for you though! I am going to turn into an absolute baby during labor.

Blimey... Shame about the negativity on here lately. Think I'll stay away from it though... As has already been said, this thread is for support and sharing so I'll stick to that.
But not right now because I haven't slept. It's 9am and toby's been awake since 3. (I went to bed at 1:30 but he was fussing in his sleep so I stayed awake.)

It's got to a point where ive tried everything and all that's left for me to do is join in the crying. DF keeps promising to help but when it cones to it, he values his sleep too much.

I'm afraid my dh is going to be like this too. I know he says he's going to help... but i can just see it now, he's going to be nasty if he doesn't get his sleep-and i know he has to work so i feel selfish feeling like that- but we need our sleep too! I really hope he comes around hun.

Do you know how to say beat a dead horse....Seriously lets let it go.. I mean come on....I dont have the time to worry about explaining it to you, i am not on a judge and jury....Lets just agree to disagree like adults and move on...

Hun, but if you make an accusation about me being horrible and ignoring comments and things because of who i am, i think i deserve an explanation. I'm not angry at you- i just want to see what you were seeing- to understand better- does that make sense? Because i looked after you mentioned it and i can't find anything- so i want to know what you were seeing that made you feel like that- or if you were making it up to continue an argument that didn't really involve you. Besides, when i made my one comment i was joking- about the always telling people she's right, and she attacked me for it. So really- i wasn't the one who started all of this. And i AM being an adult, i want to talk about it. kids run away from debates/discussions. this is a calm discussion. And if you decide to not tell me about it, i'm just going to assume you were just frustrated and making it up.

Spunky- did you have symtpoms of gestational diabetes or was it found on teh glucose test. i jsut had the 2 hours glucose tolerance test his morning, and i am the type that if im being tested for a "condition" im jsut SURE i have it LOL im "symptom spotting" for Gestational Diabetes now.....the only thing is baby is measuring over 3 lbs putting her at the 80th percentile and im super thirsty for water water water, and anything sugary makes me feel queezy. i even throw up alot still......
im sure its not anything but pregnancy, but you know me im convinced something HAS to be wrong LOL

Thanks Wannabe... How are you ? x

Hi Kitten,

I am doing alright, thanks for asking. Work has been stressful at times, but hopefully since I finish my training class tomorrow and I wont have to deal with the crazy trainers anymore, and will be heading out to my supervisor on sunday when i start working the evening shift, I hope my new supervisor will be nice and knowledgable because I still have alot to learn and am going to have alot of questions even though I have finished training. :dohh: I also think once I know what I am doing and feel more confident about the troubleshooting stuff than I will be less stressed as well. Other than work, the 2WW is here and i am getting the annoying faint barely there second lines on the internet cheapys so we will see.....i am trying to be patient but I never am in the 2WW..LOL....:blush::haha:

@Busy, I got my fingers crossed that everything goes well with your induction, and that it goes smooth and easy...:thumbup:

Ugghhhh, Sorry that your MS has been so ruff lately....:hugs: I hope that it goes away soon..........:hugs:

Thanks but doesn't seem to be getting better .... :( I did have a good first half of the day, considering it always kicks in at about 5pm. I took my daughter shoe and toy shopping and for lunch at the japanese restaurant Wagamamas! Sooo good....feel crap now though..Lol!

Chelsea, I'm still in the overprotective new mum phase... I'd rather be exhausted than move him yet I think. I've actually moved his Moses basket to RIGHT next to the bed so I can peek over and check on him every once in a while lol

Dare, it's hard I think because if OH has to work they need their sleep... But a little helping hand wouldn't go amiss. I think maybe it's a bloke thing though- they just don't have the maternal instinct and don't fuss as much!
DF has 11 days off work starting tomorrow so I'm hoping I'll get more sleep.
Hope you have more luck with your OH!

I'm waiting for Toby to properly fall asleep. Hes dozing on my chest just now but if I put him in the Moses basket he'll stir until he wakes himself up. Hopefully won't take too long :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"