The One Year Strong Ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cottlestone, I hope you are able to get some rest soon. I have heard from new moms how exhausting it is when the baby is a new born and not on any kind of a sleep schedule yet...Have you tried talking to DH about helping out every once and a while so you can take a nap every now and than.... Just be honest with him and tell him it is getting to be to much and you need him to help more.... Do you have any friends or family that could help you out from time to time with watching the baby, even if it is for just a few hours so you can get some rest??

Chelsea, I'm still in the overprotective new mum phase... I'd rather be exhausted than move him yet I think. I've actually moved his Moses basket to RIGHT next to the bed so I can peek over and check on him every once in a while lol

Dare, it's hard I think because if OH has to work they need their sleep... But a little helping hand wouldn't go amiss. I think maybe it's a bloke thing though- they just don't have the maternal instinct and don't fuss as much!
DF has 11 days off work starting tomorrow so I'm hoping I'll get more sleep.
Hope you have more luck with your OH!

I'm waiting for Toby to properly fall asleep. Hes dozing on my chest just now but if I put him in the Moses basket he'll stir until he wakes himself up. Hopefully won't take too long :thumbup:

I just read this message after my last post was already posted... Oh good, glad that DH has some time off and will hopefully help out more with the baby during that time as a result.... Plus it will be nice for all of you guys to spend time together as a family...:winkwink:

Chelsea, I'm still in the overprotective new mum phase... I'd rather be exhausted than move him yet I think. I've actually moved his Moses basket to RIGHT next to the bed so I can peek over and check on him every once in a while lol

Dare, it's hard I think because if OH has to work they need their sleep... But a little helping hand wouldn't go amiss. I think maybe it's a bloke thing though- they just don't have the maternal instinct and don't fuss as much!
DF has 11 days off work starting tomorrow so I'm hoping I'll get more sleep.
Hope you have more luck with your OH!

I'm waiting for Toby to properly fall asleep. Hes dozing on my chest just now but if I put him in the Moses basket he'll stir until he wakes himself up. Hopefully won't take too long :thumbup:

I hope that with those 11 days he gives you a bit of a break!!! Are you breastfeeding? How does that work out? I don't personally know a whole lot of ladies who do it, so have been curious. I guess we have to pump at some point during the day and store a bottle for dh to use during the night?

I'm not breast-feeding sadly. I managed about a week but toby had problems latching and I think because of that I had supply issues.
My intention though was to try pumping so DF could join in with feeds using a bottle of expressed milk, or to combi-feed... breast mostly but formula at night so he slept longer. Now I'm just doing 4oz of formula every 3 or so hours. Poor lads tummy was rumbling earlier though so from tomorrow I'm going to up it to 4.5 I think.

I'm not breast-feeding sadly. I managed about a week but toby had problems latching and I think because of that I had supply issues.
My intention though was to try pumping so DF could join in with feeds using a bottle of expressed milk, or to combi-feed... breast mostly but formula at night so he slept longer. Now I'm just doing 4oz of formula every 3 or so hours. Poor lads tummy was rumbling earlier though so from tomorrow I'm going to up it to 4.5 I think.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you- and i know it happens a whole lot. I am prepared at least for the possibility of it not working for me either. If it works, that's fantastic, but if not, it's ok too. Still awesome that you tried! I am so thankful to you for telling me that- i think it's a good idea, the combi-feed! I think i'm going to run that by dh and see what he thinks. Sounds like a great thing to do!

IMMPEARL - Glad I could reassure you a bit! Hope you feel good the rest of your pregnancy!

Busy - I think I was a little thirstier, but that's about it. I don't feel poorly high (I do if I get too low though), so I wouldn't have thought I'd have it. Both parents have type 2 diabetes though, so while I was surprised, I wasn't shocked. My baby is big - but apparently in hereditary ways (big head) they don't think any of his biggness has to do with GD because he's not big in certain ways. Hope you passed! I'm only diet controlled, so it doesn't have to be insulin, just a lot of testing and watching what I eat. It's helped me keep my weight under control though.

Wannabe - Congrats for finishing your training! I hope being on your own is better than the crazies!

Katherine - I have a feeling I will want him right near me too, no matter how little sleep I get! He's with me all the time now, it'll be weird to have him on the outside. Thanks for sharing about your Breast feeding experience, like Dare, I've known a lot of people with trouble lately (both about poor supply and poor latch) so I'm mentally preparing myself for either way :)

Ladies, We are On Day 43.... Yes' Or No's On Wether or not we Get Past Day 47 and Possibly Get a BFP When Testing On Day 57.....If No AF - Hope you are all feeling much better and that the thread will become a positive place again, there are lots of hormones going around and they are as bad as PMS Hormones and i know i am a cow on PMS =) hugs to you all

OMG, girls can you please look at my testing thread that I have going on in the HPT gallery??? What do you guys think of this blue dye test i just did this morning... I dont know what to think, can i trust it???? The picture was taken within minutes of me peeing on it and the second line came up right away.. OMG, ia m freaking out right now, and dont know what the hell to think of it, can i trust the dag on thing....Opinions please????? :wacko: :wacko:

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...ated-blue-dye-test-page-2-a.html#post10201577

@Kiteen, Good luck and baby dust to you hun... I hope you get your bfp soon!!! :dust: :dust:

I hope the :witch:stays away!!!! :winkwink:

Wannabe I See It XD xxxxx Congrats i hopes XD

Thanks so much for looking hun:hugs:...Geesh I really hope so, although i am also freaking out right now because i am so used to being let down every month....Wow..I am kind of shocked but at the same time feeling skeptical because AF has been getting me for so long now, I figure I was out this month.....i just dont know what to think....:shrug:

Just Keep Positive, Not Get Excited and Don't Feel Down Or Stressed =)

It Is The BFP you have been waiting for :D xx

i see it wannabe and i reckon its the real deal... can't wait to hear about your test tomorrow using fmu... not wanting to tempt fate but congrats!! :happydance:

Thanks so much for looking girls.:hugs:. I am very tempted to put up pregnancy tickers...but am trying to resist the urge just in case....LOL.....

wannabe- i DEF see a line on the blue dye!!! i didn't really see it on the pink- but could be my lighting in here- but it's def there on the blue dye. I would take another in the am (if you can wait that long) and i bet it'll be darker! When does AF usually show? I got my first real positive bfp on 13dpo! it was really faint on 12, but def there on 13! Test again tomorrow!

thanks for looking Dare...:flower: My cycles range anywheres from 25 days up to 33 at the longest...I usually average out at about 28 days though...so AF still might make an apperance...I am nervous about getting to excited because it is a blue dye and they have such a bad rep on here....I have been researching and looking at other girls blue dyes and I honestly dont know what to think, some that looked like my test were positive and some were false positives... I have one more pink dye that I can try with FMU either tomorrow morning or monday if i can hold out an extra day and one more blue dye too.... so time will tell..:wacko:

Two things that give me hope that the blue dye is a real positive is that the second line showed up right away after i weed on it and other clear blue tests that i have used before have been a clear negative with no line at all....now i just need to try to be patient and not drive myself too nutz trying to figure out what is going on....

- i took a blue dye test once that was a false positive- and it was NO WHERE near as visible as this one. It was very very faint. So bad that if i took a photo of it- bnb couldn't see it at all. But i could- but it didn't show up on photos. Even dh didn't notice it. But it was there- just totally faint. And this one looks MUCH darker!!! I mean, i could easily see it on there!

I know what you mean about not getting your hopes up and how horrible those stupid blue dyes are. So ok, don't get your hopes up TOO high, but don't get too down either. Just take it for the possibility that MAYBE this really is it. (i'd still do a little dance)

But yes, first thing in the am, get that second test done. And if it IS real, it'll be darker (even slightly) it's real! I think i'd take the blue first tomorrow. Because it's less likely you'd have TWO false positives right? I really don't know, that would just be my assumption!

Anyway- i'm going to think it's real because it sure looked it to me. :) Congrats on that bfp hun- tell the witch to stay far away!

OMG, girls can you please look at my testing thread that I have going on in the HPT gallery??? What do you guys think of this blue dye test i just did this morning... I dont know what to think, can i trust it???? The picture was taken within minutes of me peeing on it and the second line came up right away.. OMG, ia m freaking out right now, and dont know what the hell to think of it, can i trust the dag on thing....Opinions please????? :wacko: :wacko:

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...ated-blue-dye-test-page-2-a.html#post10201577

WOOHOO!!!! Looks like this is it!!! :happydance: Congrats!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"