The One Year Strong Ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Ladies

Sorry I Haven't been around much, been really ill with a urine infection & sickness =( was in bed for 9 days pretty much solid.
Still no sign of AF showing her face now officially late for number two.... only by 1 day mind. . . .
OH is a bit hit and miss about it all ... and we haven't had much time to go and get a test we are going to pop out tomorrow fingers crossed and i hope when and if it's a BFP and he sees he is a bit more =D x

I hope you feel better soon Kitten. :hugs::hugs::flower:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/ol08_4muv4l.gif

Good luck and baby dust to you, I hope you get your BFP soon. :dust: :dust:
Please update the thread and let us know how the testing went!!!:thumbup:

Hey Ladies

Sorry I Haven't been around much, been really ill with a urine infection & sickness =( was in bed for 9 days pretty much solid.
Still no sign of AF showing her face now officially late for number two.... only by 1 day mind. . . .
OH is a bit hit and miss about it all ... and we haven't had much time to go and get a test we are going to pop out tomorrow fingers crossed and i hope when and if it's a BFP and he sees he is a bit more =D x

:hugs: Hope you feel better! Fingers crossed for a BFP! Keep us updated! :thumbup:

wanna- I meant the overseas job- but glad you mentioned yours too! So you won't have to put off the ttc right?

kitten- sorry you aren't feeling so well! Hoping you feel better and then get that bfp!

spunky- how is maternity leave going?? Can't believe only 12 days left!!

wanna- I meant the overseas job- but glad you mentioned yours too! So you won't have to put off the ttc right?

kitten- sorry you aren't feeling so well! Hoping you feel better and then get that bfp!

spunky- how is maternity leave going?? Can't believe only 12 days left!!

with TTC, me and DH are NTNP, I am not making him use protection or anything, but I am also not doing OPK's and timing sex for my OV window...I dont really want to look into fertility options until about 3 to 4 years into the future, I honestly dont think that I am going to get pregnant naturally due to DH's low :spermy: count, and honestly i have lost hope that it will happen on its own at this point. My job situation being up in the air makes it an additional stresser that I dont want to add to the mix, and our finances are tight right now, me and DH have a plan in place to pay off our debt in 3 to 4 years once I get a steady reliable job, and than after that we will put the plan into place. We have even talked about downsizing our home as an option, although we dont want to unless we absolutely have to. DH will also be getting a raise this summer, and hopefully he will be able to move up in his job so that will mean our finances will be better over time as a result of that as well. Hopefully my job situation is going to improve over time as well.

I just cant handle the emotional roller coaster of TTC month after month right now, and crying and feeling so devestated when AF arrives, i am emotionally exhausted and just cant handle it anymore right now, plus my job situtaion and our finances are too much and will push me over the edge at this point i think... So I am choosing not to focus on TTC so much anymore and in 3 to 4 years if it hasnt happened naturally we will look into fertility options. I figure by the time I am 35 than I can start to panic and really focus on TTC, and still have a few more years...I hope....:blush::wacko:

When I quit my last job, I was going to be working late evenings and would be working around DH's shift if I got pregnant, so it was an answer to us not being able to afford daycare, and i thought it was a solution for our problems, but instead the job was a nightmare, and I ended up hating it....:growlmad: So now it is back to the drawing board....:wacko: With most jobs i will be working during the day along with DH, and I dont see anyway we can afford daycare right now... sigh...:nope:

Ladies you will be glad to hear i have brought a test - Red dye but not FRER apparently just as reliable accauding to my best friend =) OH and i are debating testing tonight or with FMU x

wanna- i'm so sorry. What a mess. I agree that stress will just make things harder, i just hate that you have to wait to try. :(

Kitten- TEST!

Ladies you will be glad to hear i have brought a test - Red dye but not FRER apparently just as reliable accauding to my best friend =) OH and i are debating testing tonight or with FMU x

:test:

with TTC, me and DH are NTNP, I am not making him use protection or anything, but I am also not doing OPK's and timing sex for my OV window...I dont really want to look into fertility options until about 3 to 4 years into the future, I honestly dont think that I am going to get pregnant naturally due to DH's low :spermy: count, and honestly i have lost hope that it will happen on its own at this point. My job situation being up in the air makes it an additional stresser that I dont want to add to the mix, and our finances are tight right now, me and DH have a plan in place to pay off our debt in 3 to 4 years once I get a steady reliable job, and than after that we will put the plan into place. We have even talked about downsizing our home as an option, although we dont want to unless we absolutely have to. DH will also be getting a raise this summer, and hopefully he will be able to move up in his job so that will mean our finances will be better over time as a result of that as well. Hopefully my job situation is going to improve over time as well.

I just cant handle the emotional roller coaster of TTC month after month right now, and crying and feeling so devestated when AF arrives, i am emotionally exhausted and just cant handle it anymore right now, plus my job situtaion and our finances are too much and will push me over the edge at this point i think... So I am choosing not to focus on TTC so much anymore and in 3 to 4 years if it hasnt happened naturally we will look into fertility options. I figure by the time I am 35 than I can start to panic and really focus on TTC, and still have a few more years...I hope....:blush::wacko:

When I quit my last job, I was going to be working late evenings and would be working around DH's shift if I got pregnant, so it was an answer to us not being able to afford daycare, and i thought it was a solution for our problems, but instead the job was a nightmare, and I ended up hating it....:growlmad: So now it is back to the drawing board....:wacko: With most jobs i will be working during the day along with DH, and I dont see anyway we can afford daycare right now... sigh...:nope:

:hugs: Don't really know what to say. Sounds good that you have a plan. NTNP sounds like more fun than TTC... The partial excitement of could happen mixed with less pressure, hopefully you wont still get disappointed month after month. Great that you want to pay off your debt first then look into fertility. :hugs: The other job sucked, no point in looking back, it was a nightmare, it's over, and there's no point in thinking that it would have been a solution to daycare. We looked into daycare and it costs almost as much as I was getting paid, so that's why we're taking a year off. :hugs:

DaretoDream - Maternity Leave is going well... I'm too tired to get things ready so I mostly just sit around the house. BUT my husband helped me a TON with the nursery this weekend and more with the hospital bag. We'll have things mostly organized soon. I'm just pretty useless. I'm getting more and more clingy as my due date approaches too. I just want him close. But he doesn't feel the same way, lol. He wants to keep playing his computer games a lot on the weekend. Hockey is also in playoffs. So we seem to have a lot of activities that revolve around him. I don't need things to revolve around me or the baby, but I want us to spend our weekend together. He talked on the phone with his brother for an hour when we WERE working on the nursery. Apologized that he talked so long. We did some other stuff. Then he asked what I wanted to do. I suggested we watch a movie, or somehting on our DVR since we had almost 2 hours before Hockey was going to start. Then he disappears and ends up playing with his brother on the computer for 1.5 hours. There went our movie. Then couldn't figure out why I was mad. Why ask me what I want to do and completely ignore me and not even tell me by the way I'm going to play so we cuold have a discussion on it! It really hurt my feelings and while I know some of it's hormones, some it's just how damn inconsiderate of him. He keeps saying things like there's not much time left for him to play before the baby, but I honestly don't think it's going to stop once the baby is here. He's going to complain that he doesn't get to play anymore and will do so anyways! He felt like he had spent enough time with me this weekend and helped enough. Oh, ok, so there's only so much time I'm allotted and should be happy with what time he chooses to use on me? Arg. We'll probably be discussing this tonight as I wasn't in a talking mood yesterday. Rant over. 11 days...
How are you feeling?

Kitten - Can't wait to hear a result!!

DaretoDream - Maternity Leave is going well... I'm too tired to get things ready so I mostly just sit around the house. BUT my husband helped me a TON with the nursery this weekend and more with the hospital bag. We'll have things mostly organized soon. I'm just pretty useless. I'm getting more and more clingy as my due date approaches too. I just want him close. But he doesn't feel the same way, lol. He wants to keep playing his computer games a lot on the weekend. Hockey is also in playoffs. So we seem to have a lot of activities that revolve around him. I don't need things to revolve around me or the baby, but I want us to spend our weekend together. He talked on the phone with his brother for an hour when we WERE working on the nursery. Apologized that he talked so long. We did some other stuff. Then he asked what I wanted to do. I suggested we watch a movie, or somehting on our DVR since we had almost 2 hours before Hockey was going to start. Then he disappears and ends up playing with his brother on the computer for 1.5 hours. There went our movie. Then couldn't figure out why I was mad. Why ask me what I want to do and completely ignore me and not even tell me by the way I'm going to play so we cuold have a discussion on it! It really hurt my feelings and while I know some of it's hormones, some it's just how damn inconsiderate of him. He keeps saying things like there's not much time left for him to play before the baby, but I honestly don't think it's going to stop once the baby is here. He's going to complain that he doesn't get to play anymore and will do so anyways! He felt like he had spent enough time with me this weekend and helped enough. Oh, ok, so there's only so much time I'm allotted and should be happy with what time he chooses to use on me? Arg. We'll probably be discussing this tonight as I wasn't in a talking mood yesterday. Rant over. 11 days...
How are you feeling?

Kitten - Can't wait to hear a result!!

Thanks for your earlier post!!! :flower: I agree that focusing on past mistakes isnt a good idea, and focusing on the future is more productive. Yes, daycare is very expensive, one reason why if i actually managed to get pregnant naturally than we would most likely downsize into a cheaper rental place, instead of the home we own now and put stuff into storage, another option is us considering doing a short sale to get rid of our other house in the previous state that we moved from.

Sorry that you and DH are disagreeing right now, I can only imagine the added stress the closer it gets to baby coming, the more nervous the two of you are becoming, it is exciting and i know you are both happy, but it is such a big change and it puts alot of pressure on the two of you, plus I know your raging pregnancy hormones arent helping the situation either, just try to calmly talk to your DH about your concerns and let him know you just want to make the most of the time you two have left together before baby comes, and how it upset you that he is choosing other stuff over being with you in your last few days, good luck hun, I am sure the two of you will work it out...:hugs:

Thanks for your earlier post!!! :flower: I agree that focusing on past mistakes isnt a good idea, and focusing on the future is more productive. Yes, daycare is very expensive, one reason why if i actually managed to get pregnant naturally than we would most likely downsize into a cheaper rental place, instead of the home we own now and put stuff into storage, another option is us considering doing a short sale to get rid of our other house in the previous state that we moved from.

Sorry that you and DH are disagreeing right now, I can only imagine the added stress the closer it gets to baby coming, the more nervous the two of you are becoming, it is exciting and i know you are both happy, but it is such a big change and it puts alot of pressure on the two of you, plus I know your raging pregnancy hormones arent helping the situation either, just try to calmly talk to your DH about your concerns and let him know you just want to make the most of the time you two have left together before baby comes, and how it upset you that he is choosing other stuff over being with you in your last few days, good luck hun, I am sure the two of you will work it out...:hugs:

Thank you! :hugs: Yes, we are both nervous/excited/worried/happy about such a big change. And you are completely right, I do just want the most of what time there is for just the two of us. It's never going to be the same after James is born, and while it's a good change, neither one of us feels ready now that's really happening, and we have different ways of coping... :hugs: Thank you for what you said, it's the rational part of what I said but couldn't put it into words. :flower:

Chelsea, wannabe is totally right. I mean, we know how stressful it is for US when we're TTC. I don't think there's much of an equivalent for guys until we get to the "almost there" point. I think the imminence of the baby arriving is what really drives it home. One of my great friends at work was completely freaking out up until this past week - his wife is due July 16th. He and his wife just took a trip to Greece for their "babymoon" - a vacation for just the two of them before baby comes. Now, not all of us can afford Greece, for crying out loud, but it's definitely a great idea - one I'm going to keep in mind for DH and I.
Now that we're doing the IUI thing, TTC isn't as stressful for us (esp DH), so it seems. Actually, less "mechanical." DH is much more spontaneous, and more apt to initiate BD. Before, it was me twisting his arm because the timing was right, and he just felt used. LOL. Of course, being that this is our first cycle, I really can't say if it's less stressful - since we haven't *gone* through it yet! Right now I'm doing good. Now that the Clomid is over, I'm much better.
That drug? Is wicked. I mean, I'm not a PMSy or moody person (my boss even says that's what he loves about me), and on days 3 and 4 of 5?? I was a WRECK. I was crying at TV commercials, Grey's Anatomy, getting all upset because DH was avoiding me (I actually called up my best friend and starting whining to her that he was ABANDONING ME). My. God. I realized how ridiculous it was, and it was hilarious at the same time. But this was on MEDS. I can't even imagine if I get preggo what the hormones will do. The moodiness totally wore off now - last dose was Saturday night.
So - ultrasound/blood on Thursday. And then I know when I need to do the HCG shot(s). FOUR of them. In my ASS. I'm recruiting a nurse friend because one shot? DH would be allowed, because one screw up in my booty would be just one sore spot. But FOUR? Nuh-uh, going to the professionals on this.
If I don't pop on here before then, I'll update you all on Thursday.

Chelsea - we're almost there! (Yes, I said "we" - been through this whole experience with you guys, I feel like they're my LO's also!)

wannabe - I hope things get better with the job situation. NTNP sounds like it's helping with some of the stress.

Kitten - hope you're feeling better!

Dare - how are things on your end? Getting stuff settled for baby?

well i retook the listening test for that job I interviewd for last week and i didnt get the minimum 80% required supposidly for a second time. I am beyond annoyed, I wouldnt of wasted my time and drove an hour, paid 19 bucks in parking for no reason at all, but these idiots told me i passed it the first time with 93% score!!!! WTH...I am beyond annoyed right now...so screw it, I didnt need the job anyways and I know there is something else better out there for me anyways!!!! :growlmad:

Chelsea, wannabe is totally right. I mean, we know how stressful it is for US when we're TTC. I don't think there's much of an equivalent for guys until we get to the "almost there" point. I think the imminence of the baby arriving is what really drives it home. One of my great friends at work was completely freaking out up until this past week - his wife is due July 16th. He and his wife just took a trip to Greece for their "babymoon" - a vacation for just the two of them before baby comes. Now, not all of us can afford Greece, for crying out loud, but it's definitely a great idea - one I'm going to keep in mind for DH and I.
Now that we're doing the IUI thing, TTC isn't as stressful for us (esp DH), so it seems. Actually, less "mechanical." DH is much more spontaneous, and more apt to initiate BD. Before, it was me twisting his arm because the timing was right, and he just felt used. LOL. Of course, being that this is our first cycle, I really can't say if it's less stressful - since we haven't *gone* through it yet! Right now I'm doing good. Now that the Clomid is over, I'm much better.
That drug? Is wicked. I mean, I'm not a PMSy or moody person (my boss even says that's what he loves about me), and on days 3 and 4 of 5?? I was a WRECK. I was crying at TV commercials, Grey's Anatomy, getting all upset because DH was avoiding me (I actually called up my best friend and starting whining to her that he was ABANDONING ME). My. God. I realized how ridiculous it was, and it was hilarious at the same time. But this was on MEDS. I can't even imagine if I get preggo what the hormones will do. The moodiness totally wore off now - last dose was Saturday night.
So - ultrasound/blood on Thursday. And then I know when I need to do the HCG shot(s). FOUR of them. In my ASS. I'm recruiting a nurse friend because one shot? DH would be allowed, because one screw up in my booty would be just one sore spot. But FOUR? Nuh-uh, going to the professionals on this.
If I don't pop on here before then, I'll update you all on Thursday.

Chelsea - we're almost there! (Yes, I said "we" - been through this whole experience with you guys, I feel like they're my LO's also!)

wannabe - I hope things get better with the job situation. NTNP sounds like it's helping with some of the stress.

Kitten - hope you're feeling better!

Dare - how are things on your end? Getting stuff settled for baby?

Thanks hun....:flower::winkwink:

I am so sorry that the drugs are making you hormonal, :hugs: But, it is for a great cause after all and will be worth it soon enough once u get your BFP!!!!:thumbup: Wow, I am not a fan of needles and dont envy you with the injections, thank goodness your friend can help u out with those, lol:haha:

Good luck and baby dust to you!!!! :dust: :dust:

Lindsay - Thanks! We took a babymoon, locally, and my expectations for it were too high and my communication apparently didn't go well. So I say go for it and enjoy, but be realistic. Definitely not Greece LOL. I'm glad you feel like we're sharing our LOs! I would like to think so too! I get nervous every month when it's time to test for everyone!
Honestly, pregnancy hormones aren't as crazy as I think clomid was... My husband thinks I'm more sane pregnant than when I was before... LOL, don't know if that's a good thing or not. I totally hear you on your husband though! I was checking my husband's phone and asking him if I needed to be worried about a coworker. BUT he was bringing her up EVERYDAY and he doesn't even work directly with her... And now he's avoiding me by playing his games, but you're right, it's a very stressful time. Just like getting all your hormones is a very stressful time, it's limited, and while during pregnancy hormones are not limited I think there are less stressful times where they don't spaz out!
LOL about getting someone else to do the shots. I don't blame you, I'd rather have a nurse friend do it than my husband, and I think he would prefer that too (though you said yours was hopeful at the chances to stick you!). Good Luck with the actual IUI part. So excited for you! I hope it wont take too many tries so you wont have the whacked out hormones too many times!! :haha:

Wannabe - that's so ridiculous. :hugs: I'd be pissed too, especially after $19 of parking!!! :growlmad: And after having passed it before. There is going to be a better job out there for you, obviously it's not a right fit for you!

Wannabe - I think that's a sign that this job wasn't meant to be! That's so annoying!

Chelsea - if the shots didn't have to be in my ass, I'd give them to myself!
I felt bad because my poor boss had to deal with me all day Friday (when I was really wicked) and Saturday (when I was only half as nasty). I go to work at 7, DH goes to work at 11, I get home anywhere from 3-5, DH after 9. So he doesn't get much of the attitude, lucky him.
So excited, just found out the Foo Fighters are coming to NJ two weeks before my birthday - going with my sister, her boyfriend, and a few of my friends. DH won't go, he doesn't like concerts and doesn't know FF. I'm thrilled because after that one, I will have seen ALL my favorites in concert. In the back of my head, I'm thinking if IUI works in the next couple months, I'll be anywhere from 14-21 weeks along - and of course I start worrying as to whether that'll be "safe." One of my co-workers saw Lady Gaga in concert at 30 weeks, and she was 2 rows from the front - so if she survived, I will too. :)
That's probably something I will miss the most after baby - the ability to just GO to the concerts. That's my biggest hobby. How about you girls? What are you not looking forward to giving up?

Ladies,

BFP!
I need somebody to talk to right now =( I feel so low, i thought that by taking the test and getting the result OH & I would be happy (A. There Is Nothing Wrong & B. Baby on The Way), we weren't even trying so...
All we seem to have done all morning is cry =( it feels horrible i think at 19 nearly 20 im ready but it always happens when we are in the wrong situation - living at my mums till the mortgage goes through not having any baby savings because of mortgage savings...
I/We have come to the conclusion 24hrs and a very difficult decision to make either way it goes OH hasn't moved out of bed and everytime i look at him there is so much pain in his eyes. . .
I do and don't want to go through with this i would have rather been in the new place and done the deed and concieved there -
I am so scared and shocked i just want to curl up and cry - i don't want to tell anybody but at the same time i want my Dad and just to have a big hug off him and for him to tell me everythings ok... but he doesn't give a toss else he would be in contact more often than not...
I am sorry this is such a depressing post but i trust all you ladies and need to talk to somebody... i hope OH comes around then maybe i will feel a bit more cheery.

Today is 8w4d if calculations are correct ...

Ladies,

BFP!
I need somebody to talk to right now =( I feel so low, i thought that by taking the test and getting the result OH & I would be happy (A. There Is Nothing Wrong & B. Baby on The Way), we weren't even trying so...
All we seem to have done all morning is cry =( it feels horrible i think at 19 nearly 20 im ready but it always happens when we are in the wrong situation - living at my mums till the mortgage goes through not having any baby savings because of mortgage savings...
I/We have come to the conclusion 24hrs and a very difficult decision to make either way it goes OH hasn't moved out of bed and everytime i look at him there is so much pain in his eyes. . .
I do and don't want to go through with this i would have rather been in the new place and done the deed and concieved there -
I am so scared and shocked i just want to curl up and cry - i don't want to tell anybody but at the same time i want my Dad and just to have a big hug off him and for him to tell me everythings ok... but he doesn't give a toss else he would be in contact more often than not...
I am sorry this is such a depressing post but i trust all you ladies and need to talk to somebody... i hope OH comes around then maybe i will feel a bit more cheery.

:hugs: I'm so sorry this is confusing for you right now! Congrats on the BFP! There is a lot of second guessing throughout a pregnancy (especially when you feel bad) if it was the best decision and even if you were trying! Don't beat yourself up. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help! :hugs: I'm sure OH's hesitation is making you question things too. I'm sure if he were more excited you would be too. It's a lot to sink in. It's a great idea in theory and then you go "oh shit, what have we done?!" :hugs:

Ladies,

BFP!

Awww, kitten.....Hugs to you hun....:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Congrats on your BFP!!!!:flower:

I am sorry that you and OH are so upset right now, the news is exciting but I imagine it can be shocking as well, especially since you were trying for so long ....when it finally happens I can image another feeling would be fear/shock as well...

The good news is that you guys have 9 months to get moved into your new place and to prepare, and for the news to sink in for your OH....I think if you want to tell family for support than please do so, they may be able to help you guys out some with preparing and also for you with emotional support, but it sounds like your relationship with your Dad may be strained so I am not sure if communicating with him right now will cause you more stress or not??

Your OH is probably scared because this news came when you guys werent ready for it, and didnt have your situation the way you wanted it, I have heard many people say that there is never a perfect time to have a baby no matter how long we wait, there is always an issue that comes up, and also please remember people have had babies with alot less than you have right now, so yes you and OH can do this together and you will, just grab him/hold him and tell him the two of us can do this and we will get through it together, from what you have said before I can tell he loves you so the two of you should work on a plan together for the nextt 9 months, ask for help from family/friends if you can....things seem overwhelming now I know, but hang in there because things have a way of working out and getting better in time....Good luck and congrats again to you hun....:flower: The pregnancy is a blessing because it took so long for it to happen, remember all of the heart ache and time it took to get that positive, hang in there hun, things will get better....:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Wannabe - I think that's a sign that this job wasn't meant to be! That's so annoying!

Chelsea - if the shots didn't have to be in my ass, I'd give them to myself!
I felt bad because my poor boss had to deal with me all day Friday (when I was really wicked) and Saturday (when I was only half as nasty). I go to work at 7, DH goes to work at 11, I get home anywhere from 3-5, DH after 9. So he doesn't get much of the attitude, lucky him.
So excited, just found out the Foo Fighters are coming to NJ two weeks before my birthday - going with my sister, her boyfriend, and a few of my friends. DH won't go, he doesn't like concerts and doesn't know FF. I'm thrilled because after that one, I will have seen ALL my favorites in concert. In the back of my head, I'm thinking if IUI works in the next couple months, I'll be anywhere from 14-21 weeks along - and of course I start worrying as to whether that'll be "safe." One of my co-workers saw Lady Gaga in concert at 30 weeks, and she was 2 rows from the front - so if she survived, I will too. :)
That's probably something I will miss the most after baby - the ability to just GO to the concerts. That's my biggest hobby. How about you girls? What are you not looking forward to giving up?

Congrats on the upcoming concert. I'm sure if you are pregnant the concert would be fine. I would'nt worry.
My husband last night said we wont be going to movies anymore after baby... I was like WTF? We go maybe once a month, usually every other month. He seems to think we'll be giving up everything. So now I'm not sure what we'll get to keep doing :wacko: I think I'll miss being able to go out and spend money without worrying too much. Losing my income and adding a baby will mean money is more tight and I can't just run to Walmart or Target and buy random crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"