The One Year Strong Ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey hun! So glad to see you are doing well! Yeah i don't think they do internals at ALL until you are like in the hospital. In the bed. They have a very low rate of C-Sections too (for me this is awesome because all the hospitals around here seem to just do c-sections). They also don't do the episiotomies- awesome! or use forceps.

LOL on the pooping during labor. I figure that's so going to happen to me. I've actually already told DH that if it happens he's not allowed to make fun of me until HE pushes out a baby without pooping himself. I know it's very common but i still think i'd be totally embarrassed. But expecting it anyway. That would be my luck.

Are you breastfeeding hun? How is all of that going? Sleeping well? Tell me about your lo!

I told my husband he couldn't tell me if I pooped or not and couldn't comment on it either, and bless him, he didn't. I think all the blood from tearing was a lot worse. She was soaking towels upon towels to be able to see the area to deliver the baby. One of the funny things to me was my husband asking if I wanted to see my placenta cause he saw it and thought it was so cool and big! I said yes, and the doctor said she'd show me later but forgot after all my stitches, so I never saw it. He describes it though :haha:

I am breastfeeding. I started bleeding about day 2 or 3 after James was born. There were SCABS on both nipples. Everytime he would feed they would reopen and his spit up was pink brown. So day 5 I consulted a lactation consultant. She said our latch was good, I just needed time to heal, so she gave me a nipple shield and said it was to be used as training wheels. I used it every feed for like 3 days and aired out my nipples between feeds and they healed comlpetely very quickly. So worth the copay to go talk to them!
I'm still having pain though. She said my nipples weren't very "compressible" so I would hurt until they've learned to stretch out. I didn't realize they'd have to stretch like almost an inch in his mouth! Hurts every time he latches! Only for about 30 seconds. But if he latches then unlatches then latches again the pain starts over! Once that's over it's not bad. The only thing I don't like about it (besides the initial pain) is that no one can help in the feeding. My husband is off work and can change him in the middle of the night, but not feed him if I need my sleep. James faithfully wakes up between 2 and 3 am and again between 5 and 6 am (which is why I'm up now at 6:30am). He'll want to eat anywhere from 5 minutes to 45 at night. I think I'm going to pump some and make it so if I go anywhere he'd have a bottle if he got too hungry, or maybe if I really need sleep my husband can do a feed once in a while. Don't really want him to have a bottle, but I don't think I can be around him constantly for 6 months (or what if I get sick? I've felt like I've had a cold, which is fine to feed him, but if I felt like crap a bottle would sound heavenly I'm sure). So I think I'm going to go buy a 3 pack or something of bottles for the pump my cousin loaned me. Breastfeeding isn't magical yet, James sometimes likes to chomp down so hard I've cried and when he's almost done eating sometimes he'll suck really hard then pull his head away like he's trying to rip my nipple off. :cry: I know it'll get easier and once the pain goes away and probably when he only wakes up once a night I'll be a little more sane. :thumbup:

We both agreed- dh and i- we do NOT want to see the placenta! creeps us out! gross!! lol- i can watch all kinds of animal surgeries- assist and things like that but with people- NO WAY! anything people that's like surgery stuff is horrible for me. makes me feel like i'm going to pass out.

As for the breastfeeding- that is awesome that you are able to do it!!! I think i read that you can start expressing after 6 weeks (they don't want you to before then?) and if you are lucky- and he takes the bottle- no reason why NOT to do that. It's great. I feel the same way you do- that i know i'm going to have a hard time with the sleep thing- but i don't know if i want to give formula. I mean if the bf is working so well for you- that's awesome- i hope it goes as smooth for me. And i understand not loving it yet- but i'm sure you'll get to that point!

I also worry because i'm one of those people that if i don't get enough sleep- i do actually get a low-grade fever and get sick. hoping my body will know not to do that with a baby. That it's too important.

I was told the placenta is like a "squiddy jellyfish thing" by DF lol
Its weird, he was fine with that but was totally grossed out by cutting the cord, so my mum did it.

Hope everyones ok at the mo ladies... just a fleeting visit. Just been in the paddling pool with toby. He hated it. Too cold! So he's warmed up and sleeping... now I need to go get some dry clothes on!

I can't remember all the comments my husband made about the placenta but I remember him saying how huge it was and he said it was dark grey that looked marbled and he said it was a little bigger than a football (but not that shape). He said or a very large inflated whoopie cushion. LOL I just thought it was funny how into that he was! I wasn't planning on wanting to see it, but he was so amazed I thought I should see it too, but oh well.
As for the sleep thing I am feeling under the weather. I think we all have a very mild cold :( James has been sounding congested and I know I've felt phlemy (sp?). Sorry, gross though.
I'm sure ideally I shouldn't be pumping until later, but when I saw the lactation consultant 5 days after he was bron she told me if I were in too much pain that I could pump some to at least keep him getting breast milk. Our 8 year anniversary is Wednesday and we're going out to dinner and I want to be able to leave a little milk if I can. Mind you I'm not planning on pumping a lot. Like maybe a bottle a week for emergencies, not a back up supply, no freezing or anything, just in case I want to go out or need a break one night.

Katherine - LOL about the paddling pool. I don't blame Toby, I don't like being cold either! I love swimming and it gets hot enough here, just don't have a pool. And there's not really a good public one where I am.

I was told the placenta is like a "squiddy jellyfish thing" by DF lol
Its weird, he was fine with that but was totally grossed out by cutting the cord, so my mum did it.

Hope everyones ok at the mo ladies... just a fleeting visit. Just been in the paddling pool with toby. He hated it. Too cold! So he's warmed up and sleeping... now I need to go get some dry clothes on!

i don't think i could cut the cord either! sure i'd pass out. gross! i don't even want to see that! hahahaha. Jealous of your paddling pool- and i think i want to go to sleep too. Toby, i'm taking your cue.

I can't remember all the comments my husband made about the placenta but I remember him saying how huge it was and he said it was dark grey that looked marbled and he said it was a little bigger than a football (but not that shape). He said or a very large inflated whoopie cushion. LOL I just thought it was funny how into that he was! I wasn't planning on wanting to see it, but he was so amazed I thought I should see it too, but oh well.
As for the sleep thing I am feeling under the weather. I think we all have a very mild cold :( James has been sounding congested and I know I've felt phlemy (sp?). Sorry, gross though.
I'm sure ideally I shouldn't be pumping until later, but when I saw the lactation consultant 5 days after he was bron she told me if I were in too much pain that I could pump some to at least keep him getting breast milk. Our 8 year anniversary is Wednesday and we're going out to dinner and I want to be able to leave a little milk if I can. Mind you I'm not planning on pumping a lot. Like maybe a bottle a week for emergencies, not a back up supply, no freezing or anything, just in case I want to go out or need a break one night.

Katherine - LOL about the paddling pool. I don't blame Toby, I don't like being cold either! I love swimming and it gets hot enough here, just don't have a pool. And there's not really a good public one where I am.

I honestly don't think it matters if you are pumping early- i've known plenty of women do it before 6 weeks. I think if you can do it- do it! and i'm glad you guys are going out to celebrate that's fantastic! hope it's a wonderful time.:flower:

I had to try pumping after like a week... failed miserably but still.

I didnt cut the cord (obviously) but I saw it REALLY close up. I had skin to skin, so Toby was put with his head by my shoulder and his body across my chest when mum cut the cord with what looked like kiddies safety scissors. Right in my face. :haha:

i haev been without internet for so long!!! i miss everything and everyone!!!! how are things going! updates please =D any new BFP's??

Busy - I've been wondering if you had Kendall or not!! Guess not yet. Any news on if/when induction?

new huge news here- just straightening the nursery! how are you girls?!

well i just lost my mucus plug YUCK never had that happen with the others and man there is a lot lol sorry TMI but ewwwwweeeewwwww......i have gone to hospital 3 time snow thinking i was in labor and all 3 times false alarm LOL i have no idea what im doing it turns out!!!! you would think i was a seasoned veteran this being my 4th haha....
had maternity pics done! they turned out really great! heres a few of my fav ones without our faces =)

Attachments

• mat1.jpg
    mat1.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 2
  • mat2.jpg
    mat2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 2
  • mat3.jpg
    mat3.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 2
  • mat4.jpg
    mat4.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 2
  • mat5.jpg
    mat5.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 2
yes it started yeaterday morning like a bit of pink tinged ovulation CM...clear, slimey, a little pink....then a blob of darker pink/brown thicker discharge-twice that happened. OH yay im haivng a contraction as i type here....not getting my hopes up though. ive been having them for 2 weeks. off and on, someitmes regular and timeable....soemtimes not. im getting really anxious and impatient little ms Kendall!!!! my OB appointment is tomorrow at 3. wouldnt it be great if i was in labor all night and when i get there they say ohhh you are at a 4 and in active labor-but i dont have any pain, and then i call my husbadn and he gets there just in time to watch her be born!!! ya thats a dream HAHA

Congrats on losing your mucous plug! THe maternity photos are lovely!!! Good luck for the doctor's appointment tomorrow! I hope it goes how you said! LOL about the whole you're a veteran and should know by now, but hey, at least you wont be one of those that has your baby in the car cause you waited too long! We were told it's better to come in than not.

Dare - awesome about getting things organized. I never did notice when I lost my mucous plug. Must have been way late in labor because I looked for it during pregnancy like I was waiting to see if I got my period (checking the toilet paper every time) and never saw anything. I remember spotting a bit after internals, but no globs at any point.

My plug went at the same time as my waters... So only 6 or 7hrs before Toby was born lol

Lovely maternity pics! Kinda wish I had some done.I got some of Toby at 6 weeks. Madness because he's 13 weeks now. It's gone so fast!

what do you think about stripping membranes?
im going in this afternoon and all my friends are telling me to ask teh OB ot strip my membranes. everything online says they had it dont at 39 or 40 weeks.im only 38.....i sort of wnat to let her coem when she is coming on her own. although the contractions and constant wetness is relaly getting on my nerves. in addition to being so uncomfortable i cant handle life. my feet are as abig as my boys tonka trucks and i have about as much patience as a fly....

It might be worth asking if you wanted to try it... I'd try that before induction purely because it might increase the chances of going into labour without drugs.

our mw's are very against that- because they say they don't want to do anything that could introduce bacteria or anything into that whole region. But i know nothing about striping membranes- and whether that would actually be a concern- or if my mw's are too lazy to check us and so forth (which i wouldn't put passed them)

I actually had my membranes stripped 3 times!! A lot of good it did me, but my body was VERY resistant to labor. I too would definitely try it before an induction. Mine were stripped at 41+3, 41+4, and 41+5. He was born 41+6, BUT after each stripping I remained a 1 cm, and they didn't cause any contractions, just some mild spotting.

I have to say it felt pretty bad. One doctor that did it (I had one doc do the +3 and +5 and a different one do the +4) at +4 hurt so much I was gripping the head of the bed. I said if that doctor was going to strip my membranes again that I'd want drugs just for that. The other one didn't hurt nearly as much though it was painful and uncomfortable.

I'll request it again next baby if I go over to avoid induction as hopefully my body will get the hint for the next one!

Good Luck Busy!!!

Hi girls, just popping in to say hello. :wave:

Glad to see everyone is doing well. Just waiting for Dare and Busy to have their girls, and then this thread will be two for two!

AFM, nothing going on here. Probably O'd early this week. Not doing any sort of TTC. Just :sex: whenever the mood strikes, and trying to keep my mind off of it. Finished the baby announcement for my friend - just waiting for his wife to have the baby! I have the name and the year stitched - just need the date and the weight.

Been doing tons of work on my family tree, working like crazy (as usual), and went back to the gym in the mornings before work. Basically, just trying to do everything BUT TTC. We'll see what happens next month.

Miss you guys, hope all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back