The One Year Strong Ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
246 before pregnancy and now leveling out at 239-241 for the last 2 months visits..my dr doesnt seem to have a problem with it..and other then extra GD testing which is mainly coz of the PCOS and not the overweight thing nothing has been said about it..blood pressure wise I have white-coat syndrome lol..which is when your blood pressure is normal and good at home or at the stores when tested on those machines..but it goes up a few points at the Dr office but still nothing really alarming..I get so excited for my appts..I guess thats why lol lol..

my shower went great today..so much more fun than the one I had at home....got a boopy..the protective cover and a cute forest animal cover...some cute clothes...two sets of tommee tippee pacifiers..socks..some toys... and then I also got two of my boxes from that website stuffed full of clothes..(pic attached lol)..I have one box that was sent to my g-mas at home and then two more boxes of older stuff 6-9 months that I ordered today to be sent to my gmas house and my moms house for me to pick up when I go home in a few weeks for my last shower and to do my belly casting..and I might end up with a credit for one more box too through this new mom promotion lol...I LOVE this site!!! I mean I got over $100 worth of clothes in 2 boxes... for less than 3 freaking dollars!!! and its hardly used since its newborn stuff and they grow out of that soo fast...:happydance::happydance:

how is everyone weathering the storm..its actually making our local weather amazingly nice and breezy and cool for once...wish it was like this all the time..this is my fav weather..

Attachments

• P8270239.jpg
    P8270239.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 2
@MrsJerome, I am so glad that you enjoyed your baby shower and got alot of nice things. :thumbup:

Well I survived my very first category 1 hurricane!!! Irene has moved on this morning, but it is still pretty windy outside. We had lots of tree branches down all over the yard, storm was the worst lastnight, at one point I thought the roof was going to blow off the house, it was a little scary lastnight with how intense the wind got, the storm woke me up in the middle of the night and I woke up DH because I was a little freaked out, we didnt loose power and the basement stayed dry so that was a plus.....this is a pic of a huge branch that came off our tree in our back yard!!! I think overall everyone got lucky with this hurricane considering that things could of been much worse if it didnt loose it's strength!!

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/DSC02753.jpg

How did the storm affect my other east coast girls?? Hopefully not to bad since it got downgraded to a tropical storm shortly after it passed over my state!!!:thumbup:

Ok, so I know this is totally random and off the wall, but when I came across this graphic it cracked me up... and I wanted to post it.... :wacko: :wacko: Sorry I got bit by the silly bug today....

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/8d2635227e543893b09814ae2aa2e540.gif

So to put the picture into context, I will direct it at my sister with the "You need to loose weight comment" before IUI comment she gave me......LOL....

Wanna - glad you survived! What a lovely size yard you have!

We just got our offer on a house accepted. If everything goes well we'll be moving mid October! We'll have a little bit of land!

@Spunky, That is awesome hun!!! :thumbup: Your new house sounds lovely!!! Good luck with the move!!!

I agree with Katherine that weight doesn't have to do with everything.

I am 154 lbs (I was 157 when I got pregnant) and a size 12 (was a 14). I did get GD, and I am now prediabetic and am going to be considered having high blood presssure. I have to lose weight, and am, it's possible, and perfectly acceptable to just get pregnant and worry about weight later.

Katherine! You're doing awesome! I check up on your blog regularly!

I am wearing size 12 pre-pre-pregnancy jeans today! And I look good and feel good about it! Maybe I should put the maternity clothes away now and start getting back into my old wardrobe (just been too busy to get the old clothes out of the garage, but now that I know they fit -and have for a while apparently!- I'll be much more motivated to get out!).

go you! that's awesome! i haven't been on a scale since the battery died in ours and it's like a watch battery so we have to get a new one- so i have no idea what i weigh! i was heavier than i wanted to be pre-pregnancy- i was 120, and the last weight was at 40 + 6 and i was 151. So very curious how much i lost since the baby. Will have to break out the wii fit and find out. I will report back to you ladies!

my shower went great today..so much more fun than the one I had at home....got a boopy..the protective cover and a cute forest animal cover...some cute clothes...two sets of tommee tippee pacifiers..socks..some toys... and then I also got two of my boxes from that website stuffed full of clothes..(pic attached lol)..I have one box that was sent to my g-mas at home and then two more boxes of older stuff 6-9 months that I ordered today to be sent to my gmas house and my moms house for me to pick up when I go home in a few weeks for my last shower and to do my belly casting..and I might end up with a credit for one more box too through this new mom promotion lol...I LOVE this site!!! I mean I got over $100 worth of clothes in 2 boxes... for less than 3 freaking dollars!!! and its hardly used since its newborn stuff and they grow out of that soo fast...:happydance::happydance:

how is everyone weathering the storm..its actually making our local weather amazingly nice and breezy and cool for once...wish it was like this all the time..this is my fav weather..

glad your shower went well!!! that's great! nothing like a really good one to make you feel so happy right?! man i loved my last one my mom threw- it was fantastic. Small- and very informal, and everyone had a blast! :) And our weather is lovely too! opened the windows and enjoying the breeze!

Got a lot of rain here and so forth- windy, power stayed on the whole time- until 10 am this morning when the hurricane was way gone- and the rain had stopped!!! only out 2 hours though. My parents not so lucky- theirs went off at like 4 am, and my mom said it's STILL out. In 2 more hours that'll be 12 hours without. my mom turns into a psychopath when the power is out.

@Spunky, I just wanted to add, yeah we do have a large yard, it is very pretty but alot of maintenance and upkeep...Hubby likes to complain about having to do the yardwork...LOL

Here is a picture of the back yard with a better view ,we have almost an acre....

DSC05928.jpg

DSC05931.jpg

DSC05932.jpg

so jealous of your yard wanna!!!! i would kill for that land. I would be out there all the time! (of course i say that now and i bet i wouldn't be) but i would love to have a yard for ava to grow up and play in. Can't wait til we can move out of our condo. Hopefully in the new year.

LOVE that yard! With space like that I'd never need to take the dog for a walk lol
Actually I kinda enjoy taking him out. Hate the idea until I'm out of the house, then it's fun! Need a rain mac though.

Erica, glad you had an awesome shower. :D
Chelsea, congrats on the weight loss... And the house! That's fantastic news!

Glad all you east coast ladies weren't hit too badly. x

Ok just weighed in at 122.4! only 2.4 over what i was pre-pregnancy. However, i'm going to try to get back down to where i was a few years ago at 115. Would love to go 108 like 6 or so years ago but doubt that'll happen! setting realistic goals of 115!

Hey girls,
We did okay here - water in the basement, but we are able to keep ahead of it by ShopVacing it. Problem is, DH is at work, and I can only do so much before bending over really aggravates my back and I start getting some abd discomfort. We still have power, but my parents (northwest end of the state) do not, and it probably won't be restored until September 3rd or 4th!
They are evacuating three of the towns that border us, and the southern part of my town. We are surrounded by rivers, so unfortunately, our town will be an island for the next week or so. The aftermath is worse than the storm with all the flooding.
No yard damage, but still windy. Ground is finally not flooded, so the dog will go outside.

For fun, got the Doppler out again today. Pocked up the heartbeat right away - 162. Baby bee likes to hang out right below my belly button, right above my pubic bone, front and center.

nj- so sorry about ur parents!!!!! My parents have no power either- 14 hrs now! Hearing the same thing... Not until the weekend. Scary. My mom will right kill herself if that's the case. Glad you are alright and don't push yourself too hard!!!

don't lift anything over 25lbs and remember to rest mommy!

glad you are making good use of the doppler! They are fantastic!

Wanna - What a beautiful yard! Currently our house has .2 of an acre (so a large yard here) but the house we are in the process of buying has a 2.17acre lot! It will be a ton of work but my husband grew up in the country and is so excited. I am a city girl and think our .2acre is a big yard! He's talking chickens and a goat. Oh my!

Dare - Congrats on your weight loss! 8 days pp I was back to my prepregnancy weight, but I was way overweight to begin with. So jealous of you! I should really be like 125-130lbs, but I haven't been that in years. I was 120 when we got married (but I don't think that's really practical anymore). I would love to be 125-130 again, but my current goal is 135. So glad mommy-hood seems to be going well for you!

Katherine - You deserve the congrats for your continued weight loss!! I've gained back 3 lbs, but things with buying a house has made things so stressful, we're not getting as much exercise and eating more crap cause it's convinent. I love that you're taking your dog out so much! We have 2 labs that would LOVE to go on walks, but they have too much energy and strength for me. I'm glad you're getting out with him! What's a rain mac?

Lindsay - James was sooo low near my pubic bone for months! BUt he was on one side normally then switched later on. I'm glad you're hearing baby, it's just so reassuring! Baby Bee eh? I like it. It's no Kayak name, but still cute! I'm glad you didn't get much damage, but like Dare said, make sure not to do too much! Your pain is telling you to take it easier. I know it's hard to just sit by and not get things done, but that's what Baby needs you to do.

My stupid parents decided they were going to try to drive from their house to mine tonight, since I have power and they don't. In reality, my dad is being nosy about the damage, and wants to take pictures. He was supposed to fly back to Detroit tomorrow am, but his flight is postponed until Tuesday night. And my mother? Is fixated on the fact that she can't use her hairdryer. Never mind that the roads are either flooded out or closed due to downed trees. So stupid. Thankfully, once they ventured out, they realized I wasn't lying, and went home.
So in anticipation of mom coming to my house and using my shower, I went crazy cleaning the bathroom. Now I'm lying on the couch with a book, a heating pad, and a belly full of Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie (craving I had last pm that DH indulged for me).
One of the dams up the road from me (about five miles?) had to be opened. The entire area is flooded, so it cuts off another few avenues for us. My worry is making it to one of my hospitals tomorrow (I go to three). It's basically on the other side of the river but as of now, inaccessible. Should make for a fun Monday.

That sucks about your parents thinking your house was a good idea. No cleaning the bathroom!! I swear I went crazy cleaning ours at 16 weeks pregnant and I hurt for several days! The heating pad is good, but don't use it too much (at least not on your tummy!) I can't believe yuor baby is the size of a LIME already! And you're 11 weeks!!!! 11!!

NJ you are the same week as my cousin!! soo crazy!! and Im 32 weeks tomorrow...OMG!!!...gosh the time is seriously flying...each week seems to go just faster and faster :happydance:

its been 2 days..everyone body ok? anyone out there..hellloooooooooo...

i fit back into my size 4 pre-pregnancy jeans!!! :dance: Mrs. j still around! just delusional with lack of sleep!

Hi girls,

I am still here!!! :winkwink: I am just trying to be patient and stay distracted in the 2WW so I dont go bananas like I always do every month around this time....:wacko:

@NJ, Wow the flooding sounds crazy in NJ, I saw some things on my local news about it. I am glad your parents changed their mind about coming to stay with you. Try to take it easy with chores and stuff since you are pregnant and have to watch it and not over do it. I am glad that you only got a little water in the basement. I know that things could of been alot worse if the storm didnt loose some of its strength, I cant imagine how it would of been if it was a cat 2 or 3 when it got to us!!! I have a sister that lives in Rhode Island and the entire island doesnt have any power now. The power is going to be out for up to 3 days!!! Otherwise my sister is okay, she got plenty of supplies before the storm came. She has2 boys, my nephews, though that are bored without any power in the house!!! My mom called my sister and the boys were asking her how she was able to live without power back in the days. LOL... Mind you my mom is 76 and the farm she grew up on as a kid didnt have any power.

@Dare, Congrats on your weight loss!!!:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back