The One Year Strong Ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
NJ since you are the medical one on here...what is the protocol for dealing/monitoring/diagnosing pre-eclampsia?

My numbers are normally in the 110s to 120s for the top and then 70s or 80s for the bottom but lately when I randomly check...we have a digital cuff at home..they are in the high 120s or high 130s over the high 80s or high 90s!!! Im 36 weeks so I know if I was to go into labor now they would just let me and not stop it..but just wondering will they want to monitor me or will they just suggest I get induced? any idea?

Preeclampsia isn't just blood pressure. It's usually 140/90 (or higher) measured on two separate occasions (no more than a week apart, and more than six hours apart), but that's in conjunction with protein in the urine. That's why every time you go to the OB they check your UA - they're not just looking for infection, they're looking for protein.
Also, you typically get headaches, visual changes, and sudden weight gain. You're getting to the point where your OB is watching you closer anyway because you're at 36 weeks, so I doubt unless there's protein in the urine, that they will do anything differently. :)

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I didn't get online yesterday. Went for my bloodwork at 8am (the BEST phlebotomist ever - one stick, barely felt it), then to work until 4, came home, fed the dog, and then off to my concert. We went and saw the Foo Fighters (AMAZING). My friend got awesome floor tickets (about $300 a piece!!), and we were RIGHT in front of the band. He was funny, kept telling everyone "Pregnant chick, let her up front! It's baby's first concert!" Then he's telling me to "make the belly show more! Work it!" Funny.
But....standing in my flat shoes on a concrete floor for six hours? REALLY bad idea. My feet and back were KILLING me. Plus I didn't eat anything after 630 or so, and I think that played into it. Plus the concert was over at midnight - I'm getting old. It was a great time, but MAN, was I beat. Makes me worry about the concert we're going to in November...

Chelsea, we're going to SoCal, we're visiting family and friends. My old stomping grounds, per se. DH has never met the extended family, I haven't met my cousin's kids, and a lot of my friends live in SoCal. I'm so excited. I can't wait to get an In-N-Out burger, real Mexican food....:happydance:

HI ladies just checking in. Hows everyone doing?? Sorry I've been away so long... Toby and I have both have a rotten cold. He's now ok coldwise, but he's hit a phase or ferusing to nap. He gets sooooo tired then niggles, cries and screams all day. Sleeps fine at night but not in the day. Urghhhh.... so exhausting!

oh cottleston! i'm so sorry about you and your cold! poor toby!! will be thinking of you!

nj- glad you got to enjoy the concert- and yeah even if it wasn't the best idea seriously- when are you going to get to do that again? to just drop and go? So enjoy it while you can! but when you're bigger be careful of all those crazies that bump into you and don't care. Seriously- i had the rudest people pushing me around while i was pregnant. and i was BIG so it wasn't like you couldnt' tell!!! my belly was so large everyone i knew would gasp and make comments about how they couldn't believe it. and then in the food stores i had old ladies running in front of me to beat me to check out lines - even if i had like one item because i couldn't carry anything too heavy as i have 3 flights of stairs at home to get up! And i had them shoving passed me in stores trying to get to things. So rude. I was so grumpy by the end!!!!!

afm--- Ava has a new habit of sucking her hands, which is fine with me because she refuses a paci- but then she starts screaming. She asks for the breast- and goes to sleep like that. But if i move she screams. Last night it was so bad, she actually spit up on me twice because she really wasn't hungry anymore and just kept trying to eat. I don't know what to do! she finally exhausted herself enough last night when i gave her the paci again she fell out and then paci fell out- but she is awake enough today to refuse it. i have her in the swing next to me and she finally fell asleep with one of those stuffed animal blankets? i know you're not supposed to leave them with them - but since i'm here i figured it was ok- she snuggled her face into it. But i can see her nose so she's not that inside of it, just finding comfort in it i guess? But what do i do? I feel so bad because she gets SO upset and i can't fix it unless i just hang there with the breast in her mouth and like i said, she doesn't really want it and seriously i can't be a human pacifier! Especially when she spits all over me!

Something funny I thought I'd share with you girls.

I recorded baby's HB on my phone yesterday using my doppler, and sent it to my three best girl friends (the one's I knew would appreciate it). One of them had her three year old son listen to it, and he says "Mommy, that's a GIRL!" Wouldn't that be hilarious if he was right? Screw the ring test, baking soda test, gender maker pee test, old wives tales...let a three year old listen to the HB.

Just thought that was cute.

Dare - I can't imagine it's easy right now - sounds like Ava is going through a growth spurt? Maybe that's why she's so cranky. And I can just picture you walking around the store with your boobs hanging out - "She won't take a paci, this is what works, go away." Just a silly mental image. I'm exhausted, don't mind me, I'm really spacey today. :wacko:

NJ..I hope three year old boys cant predict the baby..coz we had my ultrasound dvd on at my moms..and my little brother came into the room and said..its a monster..its a monster on tv! and was freaking out lol lol...I hope Brieanan isnt a monster lol lol..

NJ..I hope three year old boys cant predict the baby..coz we had my ultrasound dvd on at my moms..and my little brother came into the room and said..its a monster..its a monster on tv! and was freaking out lol lol...I hope Brieanan isnt a monster lol lol..

:haha: LOL. thanks for the laugh!!! that was cute!!!

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/LOL-4.gif

HI ladies just checking in. Hows everyone doing?? Sorry I've been away so long... Toby and I have both have a rotten cold. He's now ok coldwise, but he's hit a phase or ferusing to nap. He gets sooooo tired then niggles, cries and screams all day. Sleeps fine at night but not in the day. Urghhhh.... so exhausting!

:hugs::hugs:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/AnimationGWsoon.gif

@NJ, I am glad you had fun at your concert!!! :thumbup: I havent been to a concert in a while. I am a big reggae fan so the concerts I have gone to were reggae artists, I have seen Beenie Man, Beres Hammond, Capleton and Buju Banton in concert.

That is a pretty funny story about your friends child predicting a girl based on HB, that would be pretty funny if it turns out to be right!!! :haha:

Not sure if you are showing yet hun, but when you do are you going to show us any bump pics hun??? ....:winkwink: I am sure everyeone would love to see.

@Dare, Good Luck with getting the baby to calm down and sleep with another way other than wanting your breast....:hugs:

@MrsJerome...did you get my private messages hun? I sent a couple more??

well..my mom just called to let me know that my sister was back in a psych ward/therapy program..this time its one in Winston Salem since the one she was in last time has since stopped taking youth... my mom was in the hospital tues night - weds with her and then took her to the new center last night... she cut herself again..but not just little shallow scratches this time..this time it was 4 deep ones..soaked a whole washcloth and they had to actually be sutured up and stuff..

she is dealing with a lot of issues and has very bad decision making/impulse control..my mom said that this time she actually shocked herself and like after she had done it..she realized what she had done...she has a lot of pent up issues with her dad (my ex stepdad) and then my mom as well..and a few other things..that she really needs to just let out and deal with and I think have a good cry over..I really hope she gets help and deals with it and gets on some kind of program..because I cant stand her doing this every few months..it just kills the whole family..part of me wants to just..beat her lol..and part of me wants to just hug her and cry it out with her because I know the issues I guess I just have dealt with them in a different way...

:hugs: Katherine - I hope you and Toby are feeling better! I can't imagine being sick right now! I'm tired and overwhelmed as is! Any teeth yet? Is he sitting up? Crawling? James still isn't rolling much, but he doesn't like being on the floor (even with mommy next to him!)

Lindsay - How cool about your concert! November's will still be good probably! Too bad it's SoCal! If it were closer we could meet! Weird thought huh! Can't wait until we know if Baby Bee is Blue or Pink!

Dare - I'm sorry you're a human pacifier right now. I feel like that a lot. James wont take a pacifier and has just recently discovered he can chew on his hands and toys. He was pretty independent two weeks ago. But now he's back to wanting to eat all the time. I'm thinking another growth spurt. At the end of the day I'm sore and "all touched out." I don't want anyone else touching me! I don't even want to cuddle James to sleep (but I still do!) after a marathon day of feeding! The girls are so sore!

:hugs: Wanna! I hope the line gets darker!

Sorry about your sister Erica.

AFM still waiting to make sure the rest of the house stuff goes through and lately jus feeding James nonstop it seems. Went to Baby and Me Yoga on Tuesday. (when I went last month james cried almost the whole time - not this time!) I'm STILL sore 2 days later I'm walking funny from such a good thigh and butt workout! I think I'm going to pay for the next 4 weeks and then try doing it at home once I know all the moves and save the $. James really liked/tolerated it this time around.

awww..how old do they suggest the LOs be when you do that yoga thing? I think I would have to get into yoga myself before and practice a bit before I was comfy using Brieanan as a weight lol lol...Im very flexible but..gosh..I dont know if I'll ever feel not huge again lol..and get used to being normal again once shes here lol lol..I cant imagine being able to bend over and touch my toes...without passing out atleast lol...

@MrsJerome, Sorry about your sister...:hugs: I really hope that she can get the help she needs now so she can get on the path to healing and learn to overcome the problems she is dealing with....:hugs:

@Spunky, thanks for the good luck. :flower: I am glad you enjoyed your baby and me yoga, that sounds like alot of fun!! I will have to look into that one day when I have a baby...:winkwink:

They said birth to crawling for this class. But I was recovering from birth for quite a while... There wasn't a ton of lifting. Plus, the younger they are the lighter they are. James wasn't happy at 2.5 months, but was at 3.5 months. The first 15 minutes was just working on baby. Stretching them, bicycling their legs etc. There was only one mom who was flexible, the rest not so much. Working on building abs again, doing kegels, lots of good stuff for post-baby.

pack n play got here today..I just put it together..woohoo!!!

Attachments

• P9290341.jpg
    P9290341.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 2
Girls I am soooo angry right now!!!! We have a second home in another state, and we have property managers. The renters were supposed to be moved out by 09/30 and the property managers called us today to tell us that the renters said they didnt get any notification that they needed to move out....The property managers sent a letter and an email notifiying them that their lease was ending. But the renters claimed that they never got it. And of course the property managers never verbally spoke to the renters to verify that they needed to move out... And the property manager doesnt send the letter with certified mail or registered mail where it requires a signature to show proof that the renters received it....So now i am stressed because these people are still in the dammed house.....I am starting to calm down now some but man I was so angry earlier...I wanted to scream and cry earlier.....The renters needed to be out on time because we are getting rid of the house down there!!!! GRRRRRR..... I think that someone was feeding me a line of BS either the property managers or the renters...I cant understand how renters could just choose to ignore a notification like that...and than how come the property managers dont sent their letter with a signature request to prove that the renters received it to cover their own asses...What a bunch of incompetant asses....:growlmad:

Okay, just for you, wannabe. Two bump pictures.
https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/LinzeeD/4747d334.jpg
https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/LinzeeD/9df651b7.jpg

Ugh, my giant moles, LOL. I took that from the side without all my gallbladder/appendix scars.
So that's almost 16 weeks, girls. Does it change your vote as to :blue: or :pink: ? You can't really tell I'm pregnant from looking at me unless you're looking for the bump, and if I'm wearing tighter clothes. Most of my shirts are looser-fitting anyway. I'm still in all my pre-pregnancy pants. Haven't bought anything new except for a couple shirts, just because I know they'll be used throughout the pregnancy. Funny, if I look at me normally, I don't even really SEE a bump - but looking at the pictures, I do. :shrug:
Getting super-excited for our ultrasound. That's one week after our OB appointment, which is why I didn't bother with another ticker. Everyone at work keeps telling me boy, so now I'm starting to think it too. We shall see.

@Wanna, that really sucks about the renters! I wouldn't know who to believe, unless the property manager can send you a copy of the email with the date it was sent. I'm leaning toward the renters being FOS.

@Chelsea - I was thinking the same thing (about SoCal). I haven't been to NoCal since I was a little kid, when we used to do family vacations. The yoga sounds like fun with James. I'm glad he's tolerating it better. :thumbup:

@Erica, sorry about your sister. That's got to be pretty stressful right now.

@Katherine, we miss you! Glad you and Toby are doing well, even if he is sick, poor monkey. :hugs:

@NJ, you look great hun.... Cute bump... :flower: Thanks for sharing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"