The One Year Strong Ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real quick girls, I have a question about cribs.

DH and I have two currently. One is my crib (so 30 years old), another was given to us by an older couple who never had children (maybe 15 years old). Both are in great condition, solid wood construction. DH is definitely getting laid off in December so we don't really want to spend money on a new one when we have two. I'm kind of freaking about these supposed new safety standards - Mom refuses to buy or help buy a new crib saying that she had two children and they were fine in that crib, as did how many people. She has a point - and I do very much want to save money however we can. What do you guys think?

If i still had my crib- which was actually my cousins before me- i would have LOVED to use it. They are sturdier honestly- and as long as you get a nice firm mattress for it- should be fine. I would use it. It's got history. lots of families do it. The crib i have, is a good crib- but still doesn't compare to the craftsmanship of an older crib. It's sad but true. just my opinion though!

Lindsay - Sorry to hear about your DH getting laid off soon. :hugs: Are either cribs a drop side? Those supposedly aren't safe anymore. I would check all the screws and things like that. But if it's sturdy, I say go for it. :thumbup:

Both cribs are drop-side. I know mechanical DH was planning on rigging it with a stop device. I have to look at them closer.
Sat down with DH and made a list of names. I think we've got nine potentials? I put the list on the fridge next to the most recent ultrasound - that way we see it everyday and can see if anything grows on us more than another.

It's so hard sometimes because look- they didn't have issues back then, and now all of the sudden there are issues with them. Same thing with the bumpers- and how those are a HUGE no no now. Everyone i had bumpers in the crib. And apparently now our babies have grown dumber so they are suffocating on them. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Hey girls,
So I met up with my friends yesterday - so much baby stuff! This is all the stuff I got from the friend who gave me all get baby girl stuff.
https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/LinzeeD/596b877c.jpg
Those are not diapers, it's more clothes. The breakdown so far (I've only sorted thru the 0-6 months, I was getting overwhelmed)
11 jackets
26 long-sleeved sleepers
30 long-sleeved onesies
57 onesies
24 tops
47 bottoms/pants
4 dresses
12 overall sets
24 sleeper sacks
1 fleece suit
Innumerable socks/tights (never used)
8 pairs of shoes
11 receiving blankets
11 hats
9 bibs
2 blankets

And that's just what I kept!! I'll go through the 6-12 months later. She also gave me the Bumbo, and two car shades. Whew!

@NJ, WOW.... You got ALOT of stuff!!! That is so great hun!!! :thumbup: That is one awesome girlfriend you have that gave you all of that stuff... :winkwink: That is also a great cost savings for you too!!!

AFM, I have been busy with my mom visiting and hanging out with her. Yesterday we had a lovely day at Longwood Gardens. We checked out their huge, beautiful greenhouse plants. Ate lunch there and checked out a museum that they created with the original owner's old farmhouse, and we walked down to a pretty lake and tree house, saw some ducks. It was a lovely Fall day with the sun shining, except the breeze was a little chilly, But I was glad that we got to take advantage of one of the last decent Fall days before winter arrives....:thumbup:

When I get a chance later, hopefully I can share some pictures from the Gardens....:winkwink:

Here is a link to the gardens we went to...

https://www.longwoodgardens.org/TheGardens_1_3_2.html

i have heard LOVELY things about longwood- have wanted to go for years! hopefully next year when ava is big enough we can go!! it's only about an hour from us. :)

glad you got to spend some time with your mom!!!

Well girls... I think that this very well could be it and the HSG may of done the trick!!! Check out page 6 of my testing thread and let me know what you think!!!

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...ing-bfp-ic-pg-2-ic-pg-5-new-ic-pg6-bfp-6.html

well once again i see it- pretty clearly. But, i'm scared. So i don't want to say anything yet. Hoping it's it, but your tests have let us down so many times... i'm afraid!!!

Any news from mrs.j? baby here yet???

I hate to say it, but it looks the same as all your other IC's did. And I don't trust them one bit. :shrug:

well..I called my mom and told her how I have been feeling since last night..lower backache..the constant gas pressure and then the come and go random contractions..she said she would bet that Im in early labor and that I go into full on labor by tonight...she said thats exactly how she felt the whole day before she had me...soo..fingers crossed... we are still going to go out and do our stuff today and go to the movies..and will be taking our bags and stuff with us just incase...:happydance:

so we got ready to go about our daily plans...went to the dump...stopped at the library ..were about to head to the movies..and then I swear the contractions started coming hard and fast like soo suddenly..we came back home..he said no movies today lol..joykill lol lol..so Im timing them right now and going to time them for a bit and then see how far apart they are and stuff and then call the Dr after ive had a few..but I swear they just started coming like 45 secs to a minute and less than 5 mins apart already!! so we might be going in earlier than we thought..even if its just to get checked out and see if im dilated anymore..and see how she is..because she really hasnt moved alot but her heartrate is ok..I checked her with my doppler so shes definitely still in there lol.

at hospital..hooked up to IV...waters were broken and they put in two internal monitors..one for her and one for my contractions...and now we are just waiting...definitely feeling the contractions stronger..having one right now...much worse after water is broken...

Good luck Erica... I hope you have a smooth and easy delivery and that your baby girl is born healthy and happy.. you are in my thoughts..... All the best to you hun....:hugs: :flower:

good luck erica! I'm sure you'll do great!!! (i'm sure you've had her by now!)

Why did they break your water??? That's why it hurt it is a natural form of inducing!!! and higher risk for c-sections!! Hope everything goes well hun and it wasn't too painful! Can't wait to read your birth story!

Cant talk long but here she is..delivered by emergency c-section last night at 10:24pm because of a knot in her cord..8.5 lbs and 22 inches long!!!...

Im doing great and up and moving and stuff..shes feeding fine too as far as I can tell and is just the cutest little thing..I cant believe shes here already it happened soo fast!! ..C-sections are really not bad at all..the worst part was the freaking shivering/shaking from the epi...Will write more on my birth story later on but its about time for a feeding :happydance::happydance:

Attachments

• brieanan birthday.jpg
    brieanan birthday.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members