The One Year Strong Ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Glad to hear that you are all seeming to do ok =)
NJ - sorry to hear you are on bed rest at the moment, i bet you cannot wait for you're little one to arrive?

MrsJerome - You're little lady looks so cute bless her =)

I need to ask you ladies for some advice as i realise alot of you are pregnant or have been.
I am due on AF anytime and normally my cervix is really low but at the moment it is really high, and feels squishy like lips, and is closed =/ i am a little confused and thought the best ladies to ask would be yourselves? x

Personally, cervical position was not at all reliable for me. I was never able to accurately determine position or softness. It also moves during the day - so if you check it early in the morning and later in the day, it's going to be different. Sorry couldn't be more help!

AFM, had my growth scan today. Baby Bee is measuring right smack in the middle of the growth curve, as she has been all along. She is estimated at 6lbs, 7oz. Totally uncooperative, so all we saw were the privates (really clear shot - she's DEFINITELY a girl), her spine, and the top of her head. She had both arms in front of her face, so we weren't able to get a good shot. Plus, we went in the afternoon, and she wasn't moving much (we usually go first appointment in the AM). She does have TONS of hair. The tech showed us on the ultrasound, it was pretty cool. Just looks like a fuzzy layer of white outside the skull.
The perinatologist feels that I could come off bed rest at anytime and resume normal activity. Says that everything looks good and she could come at any time. Unfortunately, it's not up to him, it's up to the OB (GRRR).
I will admit, I *did* cheat today. DH drove me to my blood work appointment, and our ultrasound was an hour and a half later. We desperately needed to go grocery shopping, so I went with him - figured it would keep him on a time schedule (last time he went grocery shopping it took him 3 1/2 hours - and it's two blocks away!!! He ran into people and started talking). Plus I got to pick out what I wanted!! That was the best.

The last three weeks have been hard; especially the last couple days. Feeling very depressed and weepy, sick of being home on my own for ten to twelve hours a day. People say they'll stop by and don't, which just disappoints me and makes me more upset. Mom and Dad say they'll come by - they're here for a half hour. My sister hasn't stopped by once in the three weeks I've been home. One friend actually has out of the five that say they will. It's just rough. I'm ready to be done.

Reading about you guys and your hubbies, I hope DH and I tag team as well as you guys do! I have a feeling we won't; the dog cries in the middle of the night to go out, and he just rolls over or smacks her nose in his sleep. So I'm tumbling my fat ass out of bed to take her out. Grr.

AFM, had my growth scan today. Baby Bee is measuring right smack in the middle of the growth curve, as she has been all along. She is estimated at 6lbs, 7oz. Totally uncooperative, so all we saw were the privates (really clear shot - she's DEFINITELY a girl), her spine, and the top of her head. She had both arms in front of her face, so we weren't able to get a good shot. Plus, we went in the afternoon, and she wasn't moving much (we usually go first appointment in the AM). She does have TONS of hair. The tech showed us on the ultrasound, it was pretty cool. Just looks like a fuzzy layer of white outside the skull.
The perinatologist feels that I could come off bed rest at anytime and resume normal activity. Says that everything looks good and she could come at any time. Unfortunately, it's not up to him, it's up to the OB (GRRR).
I will admit, I *did* cheat today. DH drove me to my blood work appointment, and our ultrasound was an hour and a half later. We desperately needed to go grocery shopping, so I went with him - figured it would keep him on a time schedule (last time he went grocery shopping it took him 3 1/2 hours - and it's two blocks away!!! He ran into people and started talking). Plus I got to pick out what I wanted!! That was the best.

The last three weeks have been hard; especially the last couple days. Feeling very depressed and weepy, sick of being home on my own for ten to twelve hours a day. People say they'll stop by and don't, which just disappoints me and makes me more upset. Mom and Dad say they'll come by - they're here for a half hour. My sister hasn't stopped by once in the three weeks I've been home. One friend actually has out of the five that say they will. It's just rough. I'm ready to be done.

Reading about you guys and your hubbies, I hope DH and I tag team as well as you guys do! I have a feeling we won't; the dog cries in the middle of the night to go out, and he just rolls over or smacks her nose in his sleep. So I'm tumbling my fat ass out of bed to take her out. Grr.

We didn't get to have a growth scan! but that's alright. They told me the wrong stuff while i was in there anyway. At 39 weeks they were already talking induction- i was like 'i'm not even full term yet!' and they were like 'well, we know that but..' And actually- according to the date she was born, we were only 38 weeks then. and they were already on the rush it out. Then they told me she'd DEFINITELY be here by the end of july- which was wrong, and you can't tell someone that. Then in the actual birth they told me she was DEFINITELY no more than 7 & a half pounds. Yeah, wrong. stop saying 'definitely'. And me, stop listening! sheesh. 8lbs. 2oz. just a TAD over 7 & 1/2 lbs.

ava was born with a ton of hair too- i loved it. They look more, complete! :)

no one really visited me much when i was pregnant either in the end. I was on maternity leave- and no one came but my mom- oh yeah i did have one friend that would try to visit every so often. and my sil- once. but mostly it was ME going to them. I went to moms a lot. But on bedrest, that kind of destroys that whole plan.

Hope you get the ok to come off of all that soon - and can be out and about.

As for the tag team... now it's back to me doing all the work. Granted ava sleeps pretty much all night now and only wakes the one time around 1 something to eat and then sleeps right through again. So i don't need him really anymore. But, when we were trying to get to this point, more often than not, he wouldn't get up at all and i was in there almost every hour. :dohh:

And Dh also SUCKED when ava first was born. he hardly did anything. He goes back to this mode once in a while- where he doesn't do anything for us, and then i have to remind him to get himself in gear. And, it'll work for a short while but he always slinks back...

DH did his first night shift EVER last night. Wheeeeeee :D :D :D
He's milking it today, and I don't want to have to keep saying "told you so"... But at least he knows how I feel every time Toby's teething/ill!

Those with bubbas... How much do your LOs weigh? Toby's still under 20lb, at 11 months. But he eats like a piggy! I don't understand...

:hugs: Lindsey

Awesome about the night shift Katherine!

James wass weighed yesterday and is 20lbs 1 oz. He's still not eating much solids, just a boob man.

AND WE HAVE A CRAWLER as of yesterday!!! he also pulled himself to standing friday!!crazy!!!!

Thank you for you're advice NJ much appreciated, i think i am going to take a test next week if nothing arrives.

Hope all keeps going well for you ladies, i will keep you updated.
Thank you x

spunky- awesome on the crawling!!!!!

cotton- ava is 6 months and weighs about 15 lbs. but she's a very long baby. nothing wrong with being under 20 lbs yet! Each grows at their own pace, so as long as toby is healthy i wouldn't worry!

I can't believe all your LO's are growing so fast! I remember when Katherine was the only one pregnant and the rest of us were trying. Feels like forever ago.

Quick question for you girls. Did you lose your mucus plug? What did it look like? (TMI, I know). I *think* I have been - don't want to tell my OB the wrong thing. It's just gobs of thick yellow like someone sneezed (soooo gross). No blood, no leakage, nothing like that.

Hoping maybe the OB gives me good news today. It's just hard because NONE of my family is supportive about the bed rest. They just keep saying how it's "ridiculous" that my OB has had me on this long. I know she's being cautious, but I also know more medically than they do, so I'm not upset about it. I know I'm doing what I have to do - I just want to get OUT of this house. I'm dying for a pedicure. :)

started losing it after my first sweep...first it was just like CM but then it turned into huge HUGE globs of jelly like stuff...just tons of clearish yellow ick!...so sounds about right!!! yay!!!...

No clue about the plug Lindsey - sorry! I've heard you can lose your plug weeks in advance though. Hope the doctor gives you good news. I'm sorry your family hasn't been supportive :hugs: You are doing what's best for baby they should be helping you do that. make sure to update us!

Okay, went to OB. Pretty much back to where I was when she put me on bed rest. Baby has dropped again, still dilated 1cm. Definitely more pelvic pressure - I feel like I'm waddling a lot more. Plus, everytime I turn, my pelvis pops right in front (like when you pop your knuckles? Same sound, same sensation). She says it's no wonder since obviously I progressed. BP up a little (120/90). Heart rate good. She's happy with the ultrasound.

So - after I begged a little...I am OFF bed rest as of tomorrow!! Woohoo!! :happydance:
She says at this point, let her come. She is betting on next week sometime. We shall see. Soooo happy.

Hooray for coming off bed rest!! Must be such a relief xx

Can't help with mucus plug here either I'm afraid... I didn't lose mine til my water broke and bless DH, he changed the sheets and tidied before I got home so I never saw it.

mine was coming out about 2 weeks before I actually had her but like I said they were doing sweeps on me so that kicked it off..and water never broke till they did it at the hospital

Congrats off bed rest!!! Don't go crazy now though! I'd keep a towel in my car in case your water breaks too! But I was paranoid about messing up my car. CONGRATS!

Haha you sound like DH.... If we went overdue he was gonna get plastic sheets for the bed and car! But little pain in the bum took us by surprise!

Such a hard night. Me Toby and DH are all ill. It's only just gone midnight but I've already had to tag DH in for the night shift because I've broken down in tears at the sheer frustration of Toby waking up every 3-5 minutes. He's teething too so he's in all kinds of pain (my sinuses are making my teeth hurt so god only knows how the poor little man must feel if he's feeling the head cold AND the teething)
He's dosed up with calpol which is just starting to kick in but he's going to be pretty restless all night. Been the same since the weekend. Can't wait til we're all on the mend!

I'm sorry Katherine! :hugs: I hope you all start feeling better soon! Must be horrible! Poor Toby!! My husband and James had a cold, I just felt bad luckily. We were all so miserable. I can't imagine if I were sick too! I would be in tears. :hugs: Feel better soon. Hope Toby's teeth pop through so he can go back to sleeping better too.

NJ- i lost my plug about 3-4 weeks before having ava. THen it came back a bit, and i lost more. It can come back apparently and then you can lose it over again. So that sounds a bit right.

And then, i had bloody show an hour before i went into labor.

I can't stop cleaning today. DH is laughing at me that it's because I went stir crazy on bed rest. Mom is saying I'm nesting. So far today I cleaned out our kitchen cupboard (rearranged it, threw out all the crap that was past code date), took a break, did laundry, unpacked and repacked my hospital bag, cleaned out the closet in the nursery (had my wedding dress, DH's extra uniforms, and a bunch of crap that had accumulated), moved all the baby stuff from the guest room into the nursery, organized the closet, cleaned the bedroom, made little notes to myself as to last minute things to grab for the hospital (glasses, slippers, cell phone charger - stuff that I use every day), and put the car seat next to the garage door so DH remembers to install it.
I didn't do all of that on purpose - it's just that every time I turned around, I was like "Oh, wait, I can do *that*." Now I'm sitting with an egg, honey and olive oil deep conditioning mask on my hair. Baby has hiccups. I feel really good otherwise.

So, I guess my question is, did you guys do any nesting? How far in advance?

Damn Lindsey!

Nope, never nested. Didn't finish packing my hospital bag until like 5 days overdue. I was tempting fate for sure! I hope you feel better prepared so you can rest more cause once the baby gets here no more resting!

i nested bad. I would go through spurts throughout my pregnancy. But once i hit 8 months i was doing crazy things- like on my hands and knees handwashing our wood floors, and doing super cleans. WHen july hit, i had finally finished my last baby shower so i went nuts and completely did the nursery in one day.

So towards the end i was getting bad, but i did have a bit of it throughout. how are you feeling nj?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"