The One Year Strong Ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling nothin' today. Belly is hard. No contractions. She is so low it's more comfortable to stand than sit. She is definitely moving less...
OB appointment in an hour and a half. Hopefully I'll be where she wants me to be (she was betting I'd be dilated at a 3 today). I'll keep you girls posted. Send some labor dust my way!

Okay, girls, here's the scoop.

Went to the OB. She still wasn't as active as normal when I went, and the OB had a little difficulty finding her heart beat (she did, it was just that Baby Bee apparently likes to squirm from side to side). Told her I was more comfortable standing, still lots of pelvic pressure.
On exam - 2cm dilated, 50% effaced. Head is RIGHT THERE (as the OB said, "oh, what a hairy head!" - now I'm picturing a mini gorilla).
Because of the decreased movement she sent me to the perinatologist for an NST and a biophysical profile. Said my stomach getting hard the way it does is contractions, I'm just not feeling it.
Got strapped up to the monitor for a half hour. She moves all over, I'm just not feeling it as much for some reason (change in position?). Heart rate has a baseline of 130, decels to 120 and accelerations up to 160, which is all good. Not one contraction.
Ultrasound shows plenty of fluid, good umbilical and placental blood flow. She reacts when pushed with the ultrasound probe.
In short - passed with flying colors. The perinatologist sat and spoke with us for a while, told me there is no crying wolf at this stage. Says that he was happy I knew her general habits (what time she's active, etc). Says the most important part is kick count and the QUALITY of the kick count. So, for future reference for you girls. I thought that was interesting because I'd never been told that. For instance, she usually wakes me up at 630 or 7am with flips and turns, and pushes. NONE of that this am. Then after breakfast, she's all over the place again (a couple prods this am, but nothing like normal). She'll wake up and dance again around 12-1pm, 5-6pm, and 9-10pm. He was very pleased that I knew all that. Told him I usually hit my 10 kicks within 20-30 min. Today, she took almost the two hours.
He wants to see me again next week if no delivery. Says if decreased movement continues, we will be talking induction. :(

But, on the other hand - just had my bloody show when I came home. Which hopefully means we're getting close! She was moving after the perinatologist (all that poking and prodding), and my GOD, I swear she dropped lower. The OB feeling around up there probably moved things along. DH is going to inflate my exercise ball - the OB said to roll around on that. Fingers crossed....

bloody show usually means you'll go into labor within i think its 2 days? Not sure- that's what i was told anyway! For me, it was an hour before lol! So i'm hoping it's coming!!! so great.

How are you feeling?

I've heard anywhere from 24 hours to two WEEKS after bloody show (ugh!). I hope you're right, and that it's sooner rather than later.
Been bouncing on the ball for last couple hours. When I went to the bathroom again, more plug (yuck yuck YUCK). So I guess that means its helping and I'm dilating more. I feel pretty good except (at the risk of sounding like a broken recOrd) for the fact that she is so low! Getting sciatic pain, shooting pain in my groin and the front of my crotch. She's moving much better, too :)

:hugs: hope it's soon and goes well. I thought bs was within a day or two also.

I hope it ends up being within a day or two. Last night was MISERABLE. Bouncing around on that ball brought her lower, that's for sure. I feel like I have a bowling ball lodged in my lady parts. :wacko:
So - DH went to work at 830 this morning. He won't be home until 9pm unless something happens.
It's strange - been hearing from a lot of people I haven't heard from in a while (my aunt, old friends) that know I'm PG, and just want to "see that I'm ok." Mom woke up at 1am last night wanting to know if everything was ok.

Hurry up and wait, right?
I'm contemplating making the labor cookies, but I don't think spice is doing anything for me...

I was sure i'd come on this am and find you said you went into labor last night. it can't be too much longer. How is your appetite and all that? I know mine died the last few days right before. i was just miserable.

does dh work close? so he could get home to take you to hosp?

Appetite comes and goes. Last night dinner was really good, but this morning no appetite.

DH works about a half hour away, but he's a police officer. He has lights in his car, so he can get home fast, it's about 15 minutes that way. His superior officer also knows that it can happen at any time, so he'll be able to leave.

Mom wants to know what I'm up to today. Told her I'm sticking close to home because I don't feel great, I'm so low I don't really feel up to shopping or anything, plus I'm more or less on my own. She's 45 minutes away. Just gonna walk around the house and bounce on the ball...

Lindsey - staying close to home sounds like a good idea! C'mon Baby Bee!!!!

it really does sound promising hun :) I am thinking of you and hope it is soon, so that you won't be uncomfy for much longer. staying closer to home is a great idea. I wish your mom was closer for you though. Will she be coming to the birth???

Oh wow you sound so close! I'm seriously unwell with sinusitis (eyeball swollen, face throbbing, can't move my head for the pressure or my jaw for the pain)... So I'm taking a break from bright screens and loud noises which I seem to be super sensitive to just now.
I'm gonna guess that Bt the time I'm better and back online, she'll be here! Good luck hun and I'll be thinking of ya! Xx

Dare - Mom and sister both plan on being at the hospital for the birth. Not in the room, as both are super squeamish. :) Dad lives 9 hours away for work (they're not divorced - Mom just refuses to move again), and he will make the drive as soon as he hears I'm in labor.
Mom canceled her bridge game tonight. Came down and took me to the mall to walk around for a few hours. Hopefully it did something. :)
Katherine - feel better! Sinus infections are terrible! I'm so glad I avoided one this year - I usually get it every winter. I think it's because our winter here has been so mild - our last snow was Halloween!

thats what i did the day i went into labor! "walked the mall!" which was actually a lot of sitting! lol

We walked for a good two hours. Went to dinner, which I barely ate (took 3/4 of it home to DH), walked more. At one point got a sharp pain low in my belly like she dropped, and got hot and claustrophobic. Came home, right leg was numb (usually have left sciatic pain), and TONS of mucus when I went to the bathroom. So things sound like they're moving in the right direction, right?
This morning - NOTHING. Not a twinge, nada.
So Mom said she'd call me this afternoon. If nothing, we'll go for another walk. Grrr.

Awww....Lindsey - sorry you sound a little frustrated at your lack of progress! It'll happen soon, though I know at the end I felt like I'd be pregnant FOREVER!!! :hugs:

Katherine - major :hugs: Hope you feel better sooner and your family is taking care of you!

GRRR, I'm so pissed. Not that there's anything I can do about it.

So, today, Mom took me walking again. Came home, another gob of mucus. I started thinking to myself - why am I still passing mucus (definitely plug, nothing thinning up), if I had my bloody show?? Researched online, asked my aunt (the OB nurse). She says it was NOT my bloody show, it was just trauma from the internal exam. :cry: I asked her if it would be like old blood (TMI), and continue into the next morning, and she said yes. :nope:

No WONDER I'm not progressing!! I'm so mad, I had my hopes up. (sigh).

On a slightly funny note, the crazy old Greek lady who owns the diner down the street from me told me today "You have baby the weekend. Before the full moon." I guess the full moon is the 8th. So I'm sitting there with my mom thinking "Please be a gypsy, please be a gypsy..."

lol! I had a friend and my mother tell me i was going into labor the day i went in. I hope they are right for you too! i'm sorry that wasn't your bloody show. :( how crap. Getting your hopes up. Well, At least you don't have that much longer! you are at the end. it WILL happen. She can't stay in there forever! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"