The One Year Strong Ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:hugs: Katherine! Weddings are stressful! I agree with the girls, leave Toby with him for an extended period of time see if he thinks the same. Lee appreciates me so much more now that he watches James while I go to the gym 3-4 days a week (for about 1.5 hours). Lee has always helped though, just appreciates me more.
I remember crying at the cake place because everyone was making choosing what cake flavor WE wanted so stressful! My dad kept being like you sure you don't want this?! My bridesmaid dresses were about $40 each and my mom paid for them. They bought their own $15 matching shoes. I got married at 19 on a beach, so the dresses couldn't be too fancy in the sand. It was beautiful and expensive (I feel bad for my parents I think they put out about $10,000, but they helped my brother pay for college-probably about the same amount) so when we could go cheaper we did. I hope things go smoother as you get closer :hugs:

Lindsay - Any day now! C'mon baby!

Dare - we've been trying CC. Took about 28 minutes for him to go to sleep night 1 and 8 minutes night 2 (last night). It's been SO SAD. But that's not bad, right? I feel guilty.

:hugs: Katherine! Weddings are stressful! I agree with the girls, leave Toby with him for an extended period of time see if he thinks the same. Lee appreciates me so much more now that he watches James while I go to the gym 3-4 days a week (for about 1.5 hours). Lee has always helped though, just appreciates me more.
I remember crying at the cake place because everyone was making choosing what cake flavor WE wanted so stressful! My dad kept being like you sure you don't want this?! My bridesmaid dresses were about $40 each and my mom paid for them. They bought their own $15 matching shoes. I got married at 19 on a beach, so the dresses couldn't be too fancy in the sand. It was beautiful and expensive (I feel bad for my parents I think they put out about $10,000, but they helped my brother pay for college-probably about the same amount) so when we could go cheaper we did. I hope things go smoother as you get closer :hugs:

Lindsay - Any day now! C'mon baby!

Dare - we've been trying CC. Took about 28 minutes for him to go to sleep night 1 and 8 minutes night 2 (last night). It's been SO SAD. But that's not bad, right? I feel guilty.

I WISH my parents paid for my wedding. They didn't like dh so they didn't pay a cent. so i couldn't afford anything really really nice. We got married in his dad's church because i couldn't afford anything else. I bought EVERYTHING. My gown, was 1000 alone. before alterations. I got married the last day i was 21. If i could do it all over, i would. And spend the money going away and less on the dress (although it was beautiful!)

cc for us - seriously, saved my life. I was going insane. I thought i'd die from lack of sleep. I was up most nights every 30 minutes with her. 28 minutes is REALLY REALLY good. For the first night for us i think it took about 10- BUT, we were lucky. A lot of girls i know, takes over an hour the first night. It's stressful in the beginning. I know what you mean about feeling guilty. And 1-8 minutes i think is better than our second night doing it! I can't remember. Just stick to your guns love. They say it usually takes between 3-14 days on average. But if he's already doing that well- i'm sure it won't take that long. Just make sure you stick to it in the day for naps too. THOSE for us were the hardest. Now, Most days i can just put her in and she goes right to sleep! And bed time, right down for sleep- only waking one-two times at night, once for the paci and once to eat. Everything has gotten so much better for us. It's amazing. I hope it goes well for you too- it's helping them sleep- it's what they need. Some kids, well, there's nothing else you can do. We tried everything. But this controlled crying did it.

THis morning she actually made me go back in after 5 minutes though. Every once in a while i get one of those but mostly- no more fighting. :) She sleeps longer, and better- which makes her sleep longer and better at night. don't feel guilty love, it's good for them. Sleep is good! That's all you're doing, is making him sleep!

I haven't done it with his naps yet, I'm not sure I could stand it without my husband reassuring me. Glad it;s worked so well for you!

Dare - today just feeling very blah. I've got the "I give up" attitude. I'm realizing that nothing I do is going to make her come any earlier. Just frustrated and uncomfortable.

Dare - today just feeling very blah. I've got the "I give up" attitude. I'm realizing that nothing I do is going to make her come any earlier. Just frustrated and uncomfortable.

:hugs: perfect! Take it easy, rest of you can, it WILL happen!

I haven't done it with his naps yet, I'm not sure I could stand it without my husband reassuring me. Glad it;s worked so well for you!

It does get better. And becomes much easier. BUT you have to have him sleep in his crib all the time. you can't just let them sleep on you in the day and then in the crib at night- because it's going to confuse him. Better to make that his only place to sleep- it would make it much easier on you and the whole thing take a much shorter amount of time.

I know how you feel. But you aren't even all the way done yet! You aren't even 40 weeks. And it's not uncommon you know for first babies to come sometimes 2 weeks LATE even if you seem like you'll pop before that. When i was having ava, in the middle of july they told me she would DEFINITELY be there before august. She came on her due date though in august. Thats the crap with the end though. we worry and worry about when is she going to be here? when will baby come out? i want to be done already! but, then it's over. And before you know it... baby is 7 months... i can't even believe it, and have forgotten the whole end. I know i was terribly uncomfy but that's really it.

But she WILL come. when she's ready :flower:

It the whole bed rest thing that's got me all irritated. Plus thinking about going back to work when she's only 6 weeks old. The sooner she comes, the more time I have with her. As of now, disability will only pay through 4/30/12. Plus with everyone, including my OB telling me there was "no way" I'd make it full term, it got my hopes up.

My friend's three year old - the first one to say it was a girl based on hearing the heart beat at 12 weeks - says "she's coming in four days" after "talking" to her today. If he's right, I'm taking that kid to Vegas.

Lindsay - Between the gypsy and the magical child (that kid would kill in vegas!) you'll go into labor on the 8th and have her on the 9th.

I know you're worried about time off :hugs: NO way we can fix that for you. Much love for that.

I would totally get my hopes too with all the worry about having her preterm. Now here you are over a week into full term :dohh: Hope she comes soon for you.

my dr said the same thing!!! due end of Oct & he said id have her first week of Oct and as I almost made it to 41 weeks.....we know that wasnt true lol

i hate when drs. and mws tell you there's 'no way' or 'definitely' as far as when babies are coming because they don't know! Makes me mad. when i was in labor physically they told me she was no way over 7 lbs, 7.5 at the most.

8lbs 2 ozs. Rigth again guys.

Chelsea - we laugh about James (the little boy) all the time. He's definitely got a sixth sense. I mean, he's three - his grandparents both died quite tragically two years ago (I don't even think he was 18 months). When his mom is driving, he'll say something about "Poppy" (her grandfather) every so often. Poppy says you need to slow down. Poppy says he loves you. Poppy likes those trees over there. Stuff that can completely weird you out. I honestly don't think he *remembers* Poppy, or anything about him. To me it's funny. Like I said - taking him to Vegas.

Yeah, the other thing I'm worried about at this point is the weight, LOL. I was told at 36 weeks at our growth scan that she was 6lbs 7oz. Babies can gain anywhere from a half ounce to an ounce a day. That takes her up over 8. But, I also know that those ultrasounds are wrong, and usually off by about a pound (as in, they measure larger). Another one of those things that is a good guesstimate, but no way of telling. My friend who was induced last Monday (at 39 weeks due to GD - never heard of that), was all freaked out as to the size because they told her baby would be HUGE if he made it full term. He was 6lbs 12oz; which is right tiny for a GD baby. And considering she's a large girl herself. I was actually surprised he was so small.

yeah..next time I know to NOT bother getting excited lol..

NJ- i actually have a psychic friend - (my age though lol) who has strange dreams that come true. She told me i was pregnant before i tested and got a positive- a few days before, actually i had gotten a bfn that morning. A few weeks later- she told me it was a girl. She had a dream about that too. Then, the day i went into labor she said 'i think it'll be today- because i had a dream last night that you went into labor today'. and right on. That kind of stuff is really cool. I hope james always has some kind of future telling quality about him. very cool stuff.

If you are medicated for GD they never let you go to 40 weeks. I've heard of 37 weeks if you're on insulin or pills. It is common practice to induce early.

By ultrasound James being over due should have been 8.5-9+ lbs. I told my doc my concern and she squished my belly feeling his head and body and told me he'd only be 7.5-8lbs. He was 7lbs 12oz right in the middle of her guesstimate. So ultrasounds are sooo off. My ultrasound was at 35 weeks, so it should have been somewhat accurate.

That would disturb me a bit if James started talking about my dead grandparents.

Chelsea - she was diet only. No meds.

I agree, I would be a little creeped out too with the dead grandparent stuff. But my friend was super close to them, so she's comforted by it. Feels like they are watching over her and her family. Like I said, they both died very suddenly, the same day, so she took it very hard (grandpa shot grandma and then shot himself - he was US Marines, and was devastated they had to put grandma in a nursing home. Apparently always told her he would die rather than let that happen -first day she was there, he showed up in his dress blues...I don't think it was right, but I see where he was coming from).

my dr said the same thing!!! due end of Oct & he said id have her first week of Oct and as I almost made it to 41 weeks.....we know that wasnt true lol
I got the opposite!
Mindwife booked me in for my induction discussion at 41+5 saying "he's compfy in there. not dropped, just chillin so prepare your hospital bag for a longer visit as induced labour is likely to take a while!"... And at 39+3, he surprised us all :D

I was soooo relieved though.
Those last stages of pregnancy are awful at the best of times... can't imagine how frustrating it must be being told she's definitely gonna be early and going on bedrest and then still nothing at nearly 39w. Feel for ya hunny, but she'll come out when she's good and ready xx

NJ- i actually have a psychic friend - (my age though lol) who has strange dreams that come true. She told me i was pregnant before i tested and got a positive- a few days before, actually i had gotten a bfn that morning. A few weeks later- she told me it was a girl. She had a dream about that too. Then, the day i went into labor she said 'i think it'll be today- because i had a dream last night that you went into labor today'. and right on. That kind of stuff is really cool. I hope james always has some kind of future telling quality about him. very cool stuff.

oh hook me up with her lol...i wanna know bout baby # 2 lol..

Ok, my friend just called me laughing her butt off. They were in the store and James said "Mommy, whats the baby's name?" She said we would find out when she got here. So he says "Ok - I'm going to call her Sabrina."

Where does a three and a half year old boy come up with this stuff??

A friend asked DH and I if we had a name picked. DH knows I'm pretty much settled, so his stock answer is "We'll see." Today he starts complaining that he should have SOME say (he did). I told him he could pick the last name.

He didn't like that answer :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back