The One Year Strong Ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i remember you saying you and dh had agreed on a name? did he forget about that?

He likes it, but he likes his name better. We had it narrowed down to two choices - my first choice is his second, and vice versa. The more I think about it, the more there is really no contest. He doesn't want to settle 100% until we see her. Not sure what the rationale is behind that train of thought. I think he's just being stubborn.

So sad about her grandma and grandpa. I see his point though. Lee and I talk about going out together. Guess that's a little morbid. I'm terrible, I think it's romantic that he came in his dress blues.

Anyways! LOVE that you said he could pick the last name. I mostly picked James' first name (there was never a discussion). There was a discussion on middle name, we narrowed it down to two. My pic and Lee's pic. He went with his. I was fine with that. Just to make sure, maybe you should fill out the birth certificate?

OMG i don't know how i missed the whole grandpa and grandma thing! that's insane! how horrible for the family.

As for filling out the birth certificate- spunky they let you do it? i had a lady come in and write what i told her. Apparently when i had signed in i also wrote my social security number wrong too... ooooops :dohh: maybe that's why they didn't let me touch it haha.

afm- exhausted today- ava decided she should get up at 6 am. and despite me trying to get her to go back- no go. Up since then, it's 840 am now, and she just went down for a nap. so tired. I think she's going to reach a milestone though because she's been a bit strange with sleeping lately. Not bad or anything just slightly off from her norm.

I can't believe it's march already. What the crap is happening to the time.

Also booked ava's easter photos (we got a free thing in the mail) for next thursday so that should be interesting. It could go very very badly lol- she might start wailing. Hope not but could!

OB check today. I'm mentally preparing myself for her to say there is none or very little change from last week (2cm, 50% last week). Figure best way for me to keep from getting disappointed. She'll decide also if she wants me to go for another ultrasound/monitoring session.

I keep getting all those "free photo session" things in the mail. Saved a couple. I have friends that fancy themselves photographers, so who knows - I may have some people snapping random pictures.

The first name/middle name combos we have aren't up for change. We kinda settled on each name as the combo it is. I personally think DH is pushing for his pick because the middle name is his mother's first name. It's just not growing on me, and it's not what I picture calling this kid, you know?

I HATE how the MILs get in on everything..even the freaking name..ughh soo annoying...my MIL is the only reason that B has 2 middle names...Jade is the one hubby and I had decided and Grace is the one she decided she wanted because it was religious or had a religious meaning and she conned hubby into bringing it up to me so I would think it was his idea and not hers...but Im not stupid....he was fine with our names before she was even conceived...and he was just trying to do what she wanted...not next time..Im sticking my ground because now she calls Brieanan "My little Grace" like she named her and shes her kid...pisses me off every single time...

Not the same thing here. MIL died before I met DH. He took care of her for years because his other brothers decided to either move out of the house or steal all the money until the house was foreclosed. He was close to his mother, so the middle name he likes is her first name in her memory. I can completely get behind the sentiment, I'm just not a huge fan of the name.

Ugh I remember all the MIL issues you had Erica... Are they still just as bad?
Nobody had a say in Toby's name apart from me and OH. He wanted Edward (his grandads name) but I wasn't keen so I wrote a list of first names I liked and OH picked his favourite and kept Edward for his middle name.

Next one will be harder though. When I was pg with Toby, we kept the ame secret til 30 weeks... anyone who asked was told his name would be Horatio Thundercat :haha: and since Toby's been born ee've had a running joke that the next one will be Sheldon Winston Horatio... Which OH actually likes and I'm terrified it'll stick lol
I want Cavan or Connor for a boy. Dunno about a girl. I'm naff with girls names!

NN good luck at your appointment... Fingers crossed for some progress! Xx

NJ...thats sad and yeah a totally diff situation...I might agree to it in that case if I kinda liked the name... I think you will have her next monday...in the morning....and she'll be 7lbs9oz...thats my prediction :thumbup:

Cottleston :rofl: Horatio Thundercat :rofl: that would be a great way to prank your family...tell them that it IS the real name...even get the nurses and Drs to go along with it... oh thatd be amazing...

so...I have a mommy friend here just 5 mins away from me...yay! and her little girl is about 8 months old and they are planning her 1st birthday party theme and stuff already...so has anyone else started thinking about that yet? and what have you come up with

Lindsay - I can also understand him wanting his mom's name, BUT she will go by her first name all the time! You shouldn't pick a name for the MIDDLE name, but that's just my opinion. If you have her on the 9th then her and James can be 9 months apart!

Katherine - We kept James' name secret from the majority (our parents and my brother knew) until he was Born. LOL I think we'll be doing a fake name next time. My mom told everyone at work and her friends our name and her friend announced it at my baby shower!!! I was so upset!

Katherine - I should have kept LO's name a secret. I told too many people. My mom was the biggest influence in the name, because she was SO verbal about what she did and didn't like (threatening to write me out of the will with certain names, etc). Next time I'm not telling her.

It's not just the middle name that doesn't sit with me. The first name doesn't either (my middle name, ironically). It just didn't feel right. But putting the opposite middle name with the opposite first name and vice versa, just doesn't work either. She's been a certain name in my head for months - I have a hard time picturing her as anything else. Plus, with our mouthful of an Italian last name, I'm not big on gigantic first AND middle names. Too hard to yell when you're mad :lol:

Just got back from the OB. Nothing to report WHATSOEVER. She didn't do an internal this week because I really had no change in symptoms from last week. No leakage, no contractions, no change in *where* my pelvic pressure is, etc. Heart beat is fine, but is higher up in my belly than last week. She doesn't feel as though we're going into labor anytime soon. Says that if I hit EDD and nothing, then we'll talk induction. In the meantime, she told me to walk more, bounce on the ball, and just wait. Ugh.

Cottleston- yeah no one had a say except me and dh as well. I had my family say they didn't like it. I said too bad. you all got to name your kids already- you don't get to name mine! But we didn't really have issue anyway with our names. We had the boy name easiest though.

If we DO have another, don't think i'll fancy telling anyone until later anyway. And i dont think i'll tell gender next time either. Think it would be more fun that way.

Nj - i'm so sorry nothing yet. :( sounds very similar to what i went through (except for the bedrest). But hopefully she'll come around her due date so you don't have to talk induction. And yeah i am a photographer- but i would find it fun i think to have one done at the mall too, like a normal parent :)

Spunky- hey you're right, wonder where she went off to?

NJ how you feeling today?

I think wanna is taking a break from all of us. It has to be hard for her.

I'm feeling all right. Uncomfortable last night, feel very - compact, for lack of a better word. I feel like she has moved all up front and into one spot rather than being spread all over.

One of my best friends who has been having TTC issues called me Dunday, she wasn't feeling well. She has been having super irregular cycles for the last year (her little girl will be two in June). She's been wanting a second, but DH keeps saying "One and done." Well, the other night she calls, tells me she has a headache, dizzy, nauseous, and dry heaves. Light goes off in my head and I tell her take an HPT. Her DH won't let her buy one (too $$, used too many last few months, basically freaked out because he's happy with one kid). She was still sick Monday and Tuesday, so Tuesday I yell at him to go pick up a test. Easiest thing to rule out - if it's negative, something else is going on. He says again he only wants one. I told him if that's the case, wrap it, cut it, or don't put out. (GRR)
I sent her a message yesterday am asking how she was feeling - she sent me back a picture of a positive HPT.
She's happy, I guess he isn't too upset - I was really worried for a while. She's wanted it so badly, and he's been a jerk about having just one (when they got married they both said 4 or 5). She has an ultrasound in two weeks - her LMP was December so who knows how far along she is!
I told her she jinxed it because she gave me all her baby stuff, lol.

Going up to Mom's today. Weather is gorgeous here, she lives on a golf course, so we're going to go walk around.

wait..so he said..one and done..like..if the test is positive they can just ignore it because he only wants one and it'll go away lol..I swear guys are sooooooo stupid sometimes!!

Wanna hasnt posted since March 1st

https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-gro...riends-club-aka-vr-wags-371.html#post15854607

it pretty much summarizes what is up with her and her procedures and stuff... Ive been super busy and am online randomly and she never is on MSN anymore so I havent talked to her in a while other than a random facebook post

Thanks Erica for the link.

Lindsay - Like ignoring a pregnancy will make it so they only have one? LOL :rofl:

I wouldn't say he was ignoring the pregnancy - he was ignoring the possibility of one. Because that was before she got her BFP. Once it was positive, he actually was out looking at SUVs, telling her since she was "knocked up", they needed a bigger car.
I reread my post - I didn't mean to make him sound awful. He is a huge guy (6'7") and a big clown. Really just a big kid himself.
Went walking with mom again. Belly is feeling more round and hard. Hopefully she'll move down. I'll post a picture later.

https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/LinzeeD/4ab6f905.jpg
Ignore the back fat and stretch marks. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g