The One Year Strong Ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't thought about where bubba will be to start with. We have a nice room for a nursery, but our bedroom has a bit of a damp problem. I'm crossing fingers and toes that our landlord sorts that out before bubba is born but we've already been waiting 10 months... so as much as I'd like for baby to be in our bedroom for a while, I can see myself moving into the nursery for a while instead.

I have a twin size bed in the nursery in case husband needs to get sleep or baby is sick so I can move in there with them (until the second one comes along then the twin bed is the older one's bed).

Our room is right across from the nursery and we also have a spare room right beside the nursery so if anyone needs to get sleep they can move there lol, and it wont be me lol..lol...we just woke up to rain, gonna have breakfast, take out the trash, check the mail and see if my tests are there, go see a movie I think I'm gonna see Dinner for Schmucks because Ive seen the original french version and I want to compare and then he wants to see Inception and Im not that into serious movies , and I convinced him to go look at babystuff at target (finally!!) and then go get our hair cuts and finally finally my eyebrows done!! I've felt sooo grungy and ugly lately with the acne and the hair and stuff, so hopefully after eybrows and hair are fixed and acne has calmed down (mostly gone already but now I have those red places which take forever to go away) and AF is gone in a few days I'll feel cute again lol...

I tried to get a dermatologist appt and they called back and said well we are booked until October!! Im like seriously what the hell does she only work like one day a week between the hours of 9 and 2 or something? my face could either be falling off by then or I could look amazing lol... so I have to try to find someone else that is open sooner or just hope that I have another breakout in October so she can see what I have been dealing with lol...

I've been breaking out more than usual too. I guess I only have like 6 pimples but it seems like SOOO much and, like you, they seem to take FOREVER to fade even when they aren't there anymore. Arg.

Anybody else crazy and already have maternity clothes purchased? As I see them on sale in a store or e-bay I buy em, and I've got a small wardrobe of them without meaning to already.

No maternity clothes yet but I prolly will start that now that I know we are actually trying... I just went on a craigslist rant in the childcare section. As I mentioned before I have been a nanny since I was 15 and some parents just piss me the hell off lol.... if you have ever checked them out these parents want soo much work and arent even willing to pay $2 an hour (and yes Ive had a job like that before lol...I was desperate..) So I have to go fix breakfast for him but here is the post I made lol...

The original post from the other person was "Why Settle for a Nanny" and they listed all kinds of information about the Au-Pair program and then my post in response is as follows:

""" HaHa, clearly you have not checked out the craigslist.com childcare posts here in Knoxville. Why will people here settle for a nanny, daycare or sitter? Let me tell you:

*Quality Coverage for up to 45 hours per week (you set the schedule) Whats wrong with this? The fact that people around here expect random hours, and a lot of them want 50 hours or more a week but only want to pay about $100 (not even $3 and hour!!)

*Au Pairs handle Children's meals, laundry and clean up. What is wrong with this? A lot of the people on this site expect you to clean their whole house, not just things child related, and most of them dont even offer to pay you separately or extra for doing this, they expect a housekeeper, nanny and personal chef and dont even want to pay anything close to minimum wage for one of those jobs! You could make more money moving to Asia and working in sweat shop!

*Regulated by the U.S. Dept. of State/*The entire program is overseen by the U.S. Dept. of State!! Whats wrong with this? Like I said, people here want to take advantage of their childcare providers and take advantage of no one knowing how much they are screwing them over

Au pairs are too much work for the people around here who would rather just meet someone once, not even check the references half the time and then have them start working the next week. They dont want to mess around with labor laws and check-ins and other government "hassles" that while providing security and protection for the au pair will just be a problem and too much red-tape for the parents. """

Hey girls, sorry I haven't been around last couple days. Yesterday was a ridiculously long day, and then we went to dinner with friends (Legal Seafood - and I don't eat fish, but it was still good), then came home and watched a couple episodes of True Blood. Today, back at work, and now heading over to my friend's pool, as it's 430, I'm off till Monday, and it's absolutely lovely outside. :boat:
So here's something funny. A quick little poll. DH deposited a $586 check at the bank this afternoon. Somehow it got entered as $375,284.75. Tell the bank, or wait and see how long it takes them to correct it? :rofl:

Haha keep it!! But don't spend any for a good looking time lol

Anybody else crazy and already have maternity clothes purchased? As I see them on sale in a store or e-bay I buy em, and I've got a small wardrobe of them without meaning to already.

I so want to do this but I'm superstitious about some stuff and am too scared to even buy maternity pants til 12 weeks despite the bloating because it might jinx it :dohh:

I got hubby to go to target and look at baby stuff, I even got an "awwww" out of him lol..lol..ha ha... I saw dinner for schmucks and it was too funny!! and Roy from IT Crowd is in it too!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEYqgyXyk9A
Gonna be a cute movie!

Hey girls, sorry I haven't been around last couple days. Yesterday was a ridiculously long day, and then we went to dinner with friends (Legal Seafood - and I don't eat fish, but it was still good), then came home and watched a couple episodes of True Blood. Today, back at work, and now heading over to my friend's pool, as it's 430, I'm off till Monday, and it's absolutely lovely outside. :boat:
So here's something funny. A quick little poll. DH deposited a $586 check at the bank this afternoon. Somehow it got entered as $375,284.75. Tell the bank, or wait and see how long it takes them to correct it? :rofl:

I don't eat any seafood either. True Blood is good, but I like the books more. I wouldn't spend the money either, but I would print out a statement and frame it. hehehe

Haha keep it!! But don't spend any for a good looking time lol

I so want to do this but I'm superstitious about some stuff and am too scared to even buy maternity pants til 12 weeks despite the bloating because it might jinx it :dohh:

That makes sense, I'm just one of those planners. My cousin who just had the baby was prepared in some ways, but not others, so I've been trying to learn my lesson from her and plan accordingly. She had NO (as in none) breast feeding shirts and felt so uncomfortable having people over cause she didn't want to whip out her boob in front of others. So I have nursing clothes! I know I'll be spending a bunch of money on baby things when the time comes so I've been trying to spread out the cost.

Bloating? Like how bad? Some days I look 4-5 months pregnant, makes me sad.

Another good lesson to learn (which I already knew) is everyone knows you're not supposed to use tampons or have sex for like 6 weeks after you have the baby also, right? Even if you have a c-section.

I cant imagine shoving anything back up there after a baby shoots out of there...aghh!! ok so this is how paranoid I am, Ive already decided that at about 2 weeks from due date when in public I will be wearing a depends or a tena adult under garment incase my water breaks, that would be sooo embarrassing to have it just gush out ickily in a public place..lol... www.expressiva.com has cute nursing stuff! NJAngel let us know what happens with the check and the bank lol..lol..that could be like winning the lottery lol...

I'm not noticeably bloated to people at work or DF, but my jeans don't fasten now without being so tight that the bits of me that are meant to be stretching can't stretch so they hurt instead. I've started to hoop a hair elastic through the button hole and hook it over the button... But it means I have to wear long shirts or everyone would know my flies are open :haha:
Jebus I'm only 5 weeks. Not sure I'll be able to hold out on maternity stuff til 12wks at this rate!

No sex and no tampons will be a nightmare. I'm hornier than ever these past few days and keep having really hot and steamy dreams which isn't helping!! Being scared to have sex or even orgasm really sucks.

I know you wont want to put anything back up after a kid "shoots" out, but after 2 weeks when you're still bleeding you may want one. I just started using them about 3 years ago, so switching back to pads wont be horrible.

Katherine- sorry about the sex thoughts/dreams but no action. When do you see the doctor again? Maybe they can reassure you and give you the green light:happydance:
How tight were your jeans before that bloat makes them unwearable?! :shrug: I'd probably have the same problem. I have fat pants that I can switch to before maternity. (I'm currently 10/12's but have 14's from being chubbier). I look forward to maternity clothes! I have some pretty cute ones. My cousin was weirded out by having to zip jeans after wearing maternity pants! I look forward to stretchy!

I've been looking at Expressiva clothes on ebay, they have much better rates even on the new stuff!

I got my tests today and did one of each just to check lol..lol...preggie was of course negative and I got a line on the opk... but Im on day two of full AF, it wasn't a positive line like before though but there was clearly a line, is that normal?

Yeah I think I'll be buying our cloth diaper covers on Ebay as they are soo much cheaper... I cant wait for stretchy pants!!! I dont wear tampons unless we are going out, I normally wear pads as it makes my period shorter and Im home all the time anyway so I can go potty and check for leaks whenever I need lol.....

I have no clue, but I'm pouting because I ordered my tests on Monday and still haven't gotten em, but I should on this Monday.

I see the nurse for bloods on Tuesday. Once I get those results and get my early scan over with i think I'll be much more comfortable with the sexytime!

Jeans were fairly tight to begin with but will have to go up a size unless this bloating slows a bit. I spend more time in work trousers so they'll be my first maternity buy i think.
I'll be sooo happy with a bump. For now I just look like I'm eating more and more pies lol

I was unbearably tired a moment ago. Just got out of bed for a wee and a glass of water and now I'm a bit too hyper for 1am. Doh!

I got my tests today and did one of each just to check lol..lol...preggie was of course negative and I got a line on the opk... but Im on day two of full AF, it wasn't a positive line like before though but there was clearly a line, is that normal?

I think opks detect a hormone which is always present so they can show a line at any time which is why they say it's only positive if it's the same or darker than the control? I think? I googled it a couple of months ago!

When do you normally ov?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back