The One Year Strong Ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an update with what is going on with me today.....:wacko:
I got a pretty good second line on my test strip today and my OPK today which is super duper dark like i am OV'ing, which there is no way that I could be since i got my positive OPK earlier in the month... (which i used just out of curiosity) :haha:

Here is this mornings HPT test strip unaltered....

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/DSC06694.jpg

Here is this mornings HPT test strip with me marking where I see the line....

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/DSC06694-Copy.jpg

Here is my super duper dark OPK that I did for experiemental purposes from this morning...

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/DSC06684.jpg

So... I am feeling optiomistic, but I am still not convinced until my AF is late and i can get a definate strong line on a store bought FRER. I have one first response left that I am going to use on the either the day AF is due or the day after.. AF is due on the 22cnd.... Does anyone thing the HPT test strip looks any darker than my first post of one.. Any thoughts about my super dark OPK???:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Here is the link to my HPT link if you feel like looking at my first pics of my test strips I did several days ago.....

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...-very-convincing-evap-line-update-pg-5-a.html

Any thoughts ladies????:wacko::wacko::wacko:

I'm sorry, I don't think it looks any darker...:hugs:...but I do see a little something, so there's still hope. I have two frers and, like you, I would rather not waste them so they're still unwrapped so far. Part of the nagging in the back of my mind says to try it though because you never know the ic might be wrong, and then I get sad at myself telling me why should I use it now so that I can get a bfn on a more expensive test? Arg.

I found this really interesting article about the sensitivity of the HPT tests. According to this website the test strips are 20 miu sensitive...

https://www.babyhopes.com/articles/whenpregnancytest.html

These things stood out to me in the article:

A test with the sensitivity of 20 mIU can pick up a pregnancy at 6-8 days past ovulation but the percentage of women who get a positive this early is relatively low. A much higher percentage of women get a positive result at 9 or 10 days past ovulation.

The Downside to Sensitive Early Pregnancy Tests
Sensitive pregnancy tests (20 – 25 mIU) allow you to know earlier if your attempts to conceive were successful and get medical care as soon as possible, but there is a down side to very sensitive tests.

Unfortunately, 25% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage and many of these being very early pregnancies. If you use a very sensitive pregnancy test, where you test before the day your period is due, you could catch an early pregnancy and end up going on to have your period anyway due to a very early miscarriage. If you had waited to test until your period was due, you wouldn’t be aware that you had a miscarriage. Some women will find it very hard to deal with this sort of emotional roller coaster.

In Conclusion
If you are familiar with your cycle, and you are emotionally able to deal with knowing about an early miscarriage, testing at 9 or 10 days past ovulation with a sensitive ( 20 – 25 mIU ) pregnancy test can yield a positive result in a good percentage of women.

I was scared when I read the part about how the test strip is so sensitive and it picks up the pregnancy early and that you may of had a miscarrage if you test positive and than the period comes, that is scary..... :nope:

My temp is still up. I was 97.7 for two days, now I'm 97.8 with a coverline of 97.3... Still BFN this morning and more spotting when I went to the bathroom. Still little enough to call spotting and none in my panty liner when I woke up. It's a light red/light brown. I still think I'm out. My last cycle I spotted for four days then got my period late. I don't like this teasing. According to FF, 4% of pregnant women spot at this dpo, while 22% of non-pregnant women spot at this dpo. My chances are much more likely for me to be in the non-pregnant.

Spunky, Thanks for your feed back hun about my tests....:flower:

I really hope that this is implantation bleeding for you and not AF!!!:hugs::hugs::hugs: Is your period pretty regular or does it sometimes come early???? I am keeping my fingers crossed for you hun, that this is your month!!!:hugs::hugs::hugs:

My period is semi-regular though I was late last month, but I was on vacation, which I don't think matters, but might. Looking at my charting the last few months I am really starting to think it might be normal for me to spot a day or two before full fource, and spotting starting around this time. Last month it was this coloring, so I guess I should count myself out already.

Just an update with what is going on with me today.....:wacko:
I got a pretty good second line on my test strip today and my OPK today which is super duper dark like i am OV'ing, which there is no way that I could be since i got my positive OPK earlier in the month... (which i used just out of curiosity) :haha:

So... I am feeling optiomistic, but I am still not convinced until my AF is late and i can get a definate strong line on a store bought FRER. I have one first response left that I am going to use on the either the day AF is due or the day after.. AF is due on the 22cnd.... Does anyone thing the HPT test strip looks any darker than my first post of one.. Any thoughts about my super dark OPK???:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Here is the link to my HPT link if you feel like looking at my first pics of my test strips I did several days ago.....

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...-very-convincing-evap-line-update-pg-5-a.html

Any thoughts ladies????:wacko::wacko::wacko:

I'm sorry, I don't think it looks any darker...:hugs:...but I do see a little something, so there's still hope. I have two frers and, like you, I would rather not waste them so they're still unwrapped so far. Part of the nagging in the back of my mind says to try it though because you never know the ic might be wrong, and then I get sad at myself telling me why should I use it now so that I can get a bfn on a more expensive test? Arg.

I found this really interesting article about the sensitivity of the HPT tests. According to this website the test strips are 20 miu sensitive...

https://www.babyhopes.com/articles/whenpregnancytest.html

These things stood out to me in the article:

A test with the sensitivity of 20 mIU can pick up a pregnancy at 6-8 days past ovulation but the percentage of women who get a positive this early is relatively low. A much higher percentage of women get a positive result at 9 or 10 days past ovulation.

The Downside to Sensitive Early Pregnancy Tests
Sensitive pregnancy tests (20 – 25 mIU) allow you to know earlier if your attempts to conceive were successful and get medical care as soon as possible, but there is a down side to very sensitive tests.

Unfortunately, 25% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage and many of these being very early pregnancies. If you use a very sensitive pregnancy test, where you test before the day your period is due, you could catch an early pregnancy and end up going on to have your period anyway due to a very early miscarriage. If you had waited to test until your period was due, you wouldn’t be aware that you had a miscarriage. Some women will find it very hard to deal with this sort of emotional roller coaster.

In Conclusion
If you are familiar with your cycle, and you are emotionally able to deal with knowing about an early miscarriage, testing at 9 or 10 days past ovulation with a sensitive ( 20 – 25 mIU ) pregnancy test can yield a positive result in a good percentage of women.

I was scared when I read the part about how the test strip is so sensitive and it picks up the pregnancy early and that you may of had a miscarrage if you test positive and than the period comes, that is scary..... :nope:

I agree with it being scary. I've still never had a bfp.

Spunky, I still have hope for you this cycle hun!!!! :hugs: You never know what can happen..... your body might surprise you this cycle!!!:hugs: Please keep us updated on how everything goes. :flower:

Spunky, I still have hope for you this cycle hun!!!! :hugs: You never know what can happen..... your body might surprise you this cycle!!!:hugs: Please keep us updated on how everything goes. :flower:

Thank you :hugs: I don't know how people can deal with this every month, you know? Get hopes up, wishing, and then bam, back to square one. :cry: I'll try to keep my head up at work. I'll let you know tonight when it officially turns into bleeding.

:hug: Spunky!

14 DPO, BFN....giving AF till tomorrow till I call myself late. Have cramps. Thinking she found me again. lol I'm trying to be OK with it.

Hi everyone!
Woke up to a rainy day so of course I fell back asleep till 11am lol. Wannabe I def see something on the HPT though it is faint and well of course seeing something on the OPK is obvious lol.

In regards to the testing and early miscarriage and all, I had a chemical in late April and was only able to get one preggie test with the faintest faintest line on it, by the time I made it to the Drs office a week or so later the HCG was gone, course there wasnt alot of built up anyway since I got that HPT at like 9 days or so, very very very early lol. Not saying at all that this is happening to you, I was kind of sad but we werent officially TTC-ing then and hubby sadly was not very supportive so I had no choice but to just get over it. But your HPT line is def there and I can see it without tilting the screen too which is always a good sign!! I had that fish dream with 4 fish in it a few nights ago, so thats Cottleston, BusyMommy, you Wannabe, and someone else needs to fill the #4 preggie spot lol...

https://www.healthywomen.org/conten...ontext_title=publications&context_description

Author: HealthyWomen
Published by: National Women's Health Resource Center, Inc. (NWHRC), 2008

If you are pregnant or planning to be the NEW HealthyWomen Pregnancy Planner is just right for you. Use its colorful, easy-to-read pages to help prepare you for each trimester and for when Baby comes home! The 48-page planner includes a 10-month calendar section to record checkups and other notes. Plus, order the Flu-Free and a Mom-to-Be card, offering easy-to-understand flu facts and prevention strategies.

Its totally free, free shipping too!!! Dont even have to add credit card information. If any of you are interested!! I just ordered one and Menagerie ordered one too before she sent me that link lol.

Ooh I got something similar in my midwife pack! They gave me books and leaflets and I had to sneak them around because I walked back to work straight after with them under my arm... Doh! lol

Ohhhhh, fun! Thanks so much. I ordered one. Hopefully, by the time it gets here, I'll be pg!

Just wanted to share the wealth! Only 4DPO, no signs yet for me, and Im doing pretty good about not symptom spotting too!! Going to play my Harvest Moon game for a bit, coz once hubby gets home it'll be his TV time lol...

Just ate dinner, Babe in case you are interested lol, we had grilled chicken, peas, sweet carrots, roasted potatoes and mac and cheese lol. Oh and some edamame and a salad for the hubby too. Tomorrow we are gonna go to Ruby Tuesdays so I wont have to cook, yay!! What is everyone else up to tonight?

Going out to dinner tonight (if DH ever gets his but moving) and then bed.

Jerome - your dinner sounds great again!!

Waiting on Dh to get home. I ate a veggie egg white omlet when I first got home. Part of my symptoms 10 dpo and past have been craving eggs. I don't typically eat eggs that often. Well, almost never if I'm honest. One of my all time fave things to eat (sushi) is presently sending me into gag overload. We were supposed to go for sushi tonight. DH is getting take out.

I'm at home finishing a term paper while I wait for him.

Spotting has really picked up. Should be AF by at least the morning, if not tonight. Oh well.

Just ate dinner, Babe in case you are interested lol, we had grilled chicken, peas, sweet carrots, roasted potatoes and mac and cheese lol. Oh and some edamame and a salad for the hubby too. Tomorrow we are gonna go to Ruby Tuesdays so I wont have to cook, yay!! What is everyone else up to tonight?

We are going for lunch tomorrow with that awesome BOGO coupon you gave me! :thumbup:

Well, my temp never dropped but today is already a light flow day, so Fertility Friend online has me at day 1 of a new cycle. I'm officially out.

Aww too bad spunky. Don't think of it as being out. Think of it as gearing up for next month...and make sure you :sex: your man all the time.

Yeah, hopefully we wont fight during ovulation time. Still crushed.

Aww Chelsea, Im sorry! I say the first day AF is over you start BD-ing every other day just in case and do your best to just ignore anything bad he says and avoid all fights..I know I know easier said than done lol... but good luck and hope AF is a quick short one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"