The One Year Strong Ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we do it I guess usually at least once a week as long as we are both in good moods and not sick or tired lol..I could prolly get more out of him if I tried but I know he has to get up early for work so I let him get his rest lol...you cant leave..this is my first thread where people have actually responded and kept up with it lol...I was beginning to think everyone on here was against me for some reason lol coz I would post and get nothing in response...but you guys are great!!! even if not all of us get BFPs I want us all to stick around encourage each other...and then those that are ahead of the others can give us a heads up as to what is gonna be happening to us for the next 9 months lol...

Well we do it I guess usually at least once a week as long as we are both in good moods and not sick or tired lol..I could prolly get more out of him if I tried but I know he has to get up early for work so I let him get his rest lol...you cant leave..this is my first thread where people have actually responded and kept up with it lol...I was beginning to think everyone on here was against me for some reason lol coz I would post and get nothing in response...but you guys are great!!! even if not all of us get BFPs I want us all to stick around encourage each other...and then those that are ahead of the others can give us a heads up as to what is gonna be happening to us for the next 9 months lol...

Totally agree, I was having the same experiences! The first thread I got any response to was the July Testers thread I started (82 testers, 7 bfp's), but not too many people seem to be keeping up...:shrug:
But yeah, you girls all seem so sweet and supportive, we gotta stick together! :happydance:

Totally agree, I was having the same experiences! The first thread I got any response to was the July Testers thread I started (82 testers, 7 bfp's), but not too many people seem to be keeping up...:shrug:
But yeah, you girls all seem so sweet and supportive, we gotta stick together! :happydance:

I'm with both of you! It's been great getting to know people better in this thread--probably the only thread that I've been apart of that people write in consistently.

So on a walk with my husband I asked him if he thinks I'm pregnant yet (I've done this daily since Sat--at first I said do I look pregnant? hahaha He just looked at me and I rephrased to if he thinks I'm pregnant and kept it at that). He said can't you take a test for that? I said not yet and he seemed confused so I explained ovulation and hormones and testing. I got all excited explaining the process and the female body and babies and things like that. He seemed rather quiet and I asked him why he was quiet. He said he had nothing to contribute to the conversation and admitted that he felt bad. He said he wants a baby, he's willing to take the when it happens it happens approach. I told him it was ok that he wasn't as excited as I was. He said he felt bad. I told him I had you girls to discuss body and all of my anxities and feelings and that I was channeling my crazy here instead of overwhelming him. He looked more relieved. It was nice, and I felt better knowing that he felt bad that he wasn't as excited. It means he really does want a baby, and he really does care about how I feel. Made for a nice walk and talk.

I have similar conversations with my DH - I feel really weird saying "Ok, let's go, times a-ticking!" and he doesn't quite understand that there's a whole WINDOW, not just one night, and we're good. Maybe comes from being number 3 of 4 boys...:shrug:
But yeah, he acts very nonchalant abut the whole thing, and when I get all emotional and upset, "You don't want to do this, just say so," etc etc...he always says it's not that he doesn't want to, he just doesn't know how to talk about it. I'll definitely say I'm more excited than him at this point. I'm sure once ladies get PG, hubbies warm up to the idea.

I'm off to work, I'll speak with you ladies this evening!! Have a great day!

Well it looks like I wont be getting any in for this second ovulation or whatever it is. His blood sugar was up last night and so he couldnt get it up for lack of better terms lol...so I was like ok well tomorrow night maybe and then we wake up this morning and he doesnt feel good..his sugar is down again but he says he feels achey and headachey and just not good...so hes not going to work, which is kinda a 50/50 thing for me as its nice to have him home coz I miss him so much during the day anyway on the other hand I wont be able to do what I normally do during the day lol and it also means there will def be no BD-ing...the OPK was positive again, like more positive than I have ever seen it before when I did it this morning!! I am soo frustrated at my own body because the one TTC we actually try this is what happens...and also even though I feel bad for it I get pissy towards him coz when we need to do it he cant or doesnt feel like it...blah! maybe he just feels bad coz of his blood sugar dropping from like 300+ to 160 or so last night once he took his meds idk..Im hoping he'll feel better later and it will all work out but I doubt it...I'll be around today as we will prolly just watch tv all day on the couch so feel free to entertain me lol babywise or not lol...I'll take anything lol...

Oh if you ladies don't mind me asking how old are you and how old is your hubby? feel free to not say if you don't want to but just asking. I'm 23, will be 24 this December 20th and hubby will be 40 in a few months on September 4th. One reason I think I am in such a rush, not for me but for him because I don't want to have to wait and wait and then him be like 50 with a 5 year old lol..

:hugs: it must be frustrating having BD dictated by something that unpredictable.

I'm 26 at the mo. OH is 26 too... 3 days younger than me! We were best friends for 9yrs before we got together. But it's still hard for him to talk about ttc :dohh:

I just had the best thought ever, more of a hope lol.. "Ovulation occurs about 14-16 days before women have their period (not 14 days after the start of their period). The second half of the cycle, ovulation to menstruation, is fairly consistently the same length, but the first part changes from person to person and from cycle to cycle. In rare cases, a women may ovulate twice in a month, once from each ovary." lol. On saturday when I was cramping it was more on the left and yesterday they were on the right!! So maybe this is my rare case..and its doing it twice this month... wouldnt that be amazing!

thanks babyanise lol...i dont want to be clutching at straws here but a little hope doesnt hurt lol..

DH is 32, I'm 28. Been together six years, married for 2. He doesn't want to be "100 when we have kids."
Definitely funny tummy today. And itchy nipples!! TMI, lol.

Hi ladies! I finally got my crosshairs on FF - so who knows.

I am 33, my hubby is 37...
MrsJerome... I have heard of the double ovulation before. Do you know what cycle day you are on and what DPO you are if you ovulated the first time?

Exciting!

I have been busy here. My hubby was laid off one day a week taking a major pay deduction. He is still up for TTC... so I hope this partial lay-off doesn't last too long - even though it will be nice having him home on Fridays.

I hope we all get out BFPs soon...

Oh, getting back to the saliva monitors - they are very odd to use in that the results don't always mean anything. When I was pregnant last month the positive ferning was way before ovulation. So who knows. I do it just becuase I have used it 7 years ago when I was ttc my daughter. I used Ovulite. I am not even sure they make it anymore!

Talk to you soon ladies!

:dust:

NJAngelAPN... I will be your buddy! We are on the same DPO!!! And I live in PA!!!

I have similar conversations with my DH - I feel really weird saying "Ok, let's go, times a-ticking!" and he doesn't quite understand that there's a whole WINDOW, not just one night, and we're good. Maybe comes from being number 3 of 4 boys...:shrug:
But yeah, he acts very nonchalant abut the whole thing, and when I get all emotional and upset, "You don't want to do this, just say so," etc etc...he always says it's not that he doesn't want to, he just doesn't know how to talk about it. I'll definitely say I'm more excited than him at this point. I'm sure once ladies get PG, hubbies warm up to the idea.

I'm off to work, I'll speak with you ladies this evening!! Have a great day!

My husband is the baby of 9, and he has over 20 nieces and nephews, you saying being number 3 or 4 of the boys finally turned a light on! It's a sure thing to him cause his whole family produces like rabbits!

Well it looks like I wont be getting any in for this second ovulation or whatever it is. His blood sugar was up last night and so he couldnt get it up for lack of better terms lol...so I was like ok well tomorrow night maybe and then we wake up this morning and he doesnt feel good..his sugar is down again but he says he feels achey and headachey and just not good...so hes not going to work, which is kinda a 50/50 thing for me as its nice to have him home coz I miss him so much during the day anyway on the other hand I wont be able to do what I normally do during the day lol and it also means there will def be no BD-ing...the OPK was positive again, like more positive than I have ever seen it before when I did it this morning!! I am soo frustrated at my own body because the one TTC we actually try this is what happens...and also even though I feel bad for it I get pissy towards him coz when we need to do it he cant or doesnt feel like it...blah! maybe he just feels bad coz of his blood sugar dropping from like 300+ to 160 or so last night once he took his meds idk..Im hoping he'll feel better later and it will all work out but I doubt it...I'll be around today as we will prolly just watch tv all day on the couch so feel free to entertain me lol babywise or not lol...I'll take anything lol...

Oh if you ladies don't mind me asking how old are you and how old is your hubby? feel free to not say if you don't want to but just asking. I'm 23, will be 24 this December 20th and hubby will be 40 in a few months on September 4th. One reason I think I am in such a rush, not for me but for him because I don't want to have to wait and wait and then him be like 50 with a 5 year old lol..

If your opk is still + then you still have time to BD!! Take a deep breath and do what you can to make him feel better and in the mood :winkwink:

My parents were mom 25 and 41 when they had my brother and 26 and 43 with me.

I just turned 26 and my DH is 28. We've been married 7 years and my clock is ticking loudly (don't know why it managed to only be a quiet ticking the last few years, but it's not anymore!!!)

:hugs: it must be frustrating having BD dictated by something that unpredictable.

I'm 26 at the mo. OH is 26 too... 3 days younger than me! We were best friends for 9yrs before we got together. But it's still hard for him to talk about ttc :dohh:

That's so sweet! 9 years?! My DH and I met and became friends when I was 11 and he was 13. We didn't date until I was 18 though (we lived in different states until then).

I just had the best thought ever, more of a hope lol.. "Ovulation occurs about 14-16 days before women have their period (not 14 days after the start of their period). The second half of the cycle, ovulation to menstruation, is fairly consistently the same length, but the first part changes from person to person and from cycle to cycle. In rare cases, a women may ovulate twice in a month, once from each ovary." lol. On saturday when I was cramping it was more on the left and yesterday they were on the right!! So maybe this is my rare case..and its doing it twice this month... wouldnt that be amazing!

That is amazing!! LOL, then when does your TWW start? Hahahaha Could have to wait another 2 weeks to know!!:haha:

Hi ladies! I finally got my crosshairs on FF - so who knows.

I am 33, my hubby is 37...
MrsJerome... I have heard of the double ovulation before. Do you know what cycle day you are on and what DPO you are if you ovulated the first time?

Exciting!

I have been busy here. My hubby was laid off one day a week taking a major pay deduction. He is still up for TTC... so I hope this partial lay-off doesn't last too long - even though it will be nice having him home on Fridays.

I hope we all get out BFPs soon...

Oh, getting back to the saliva monitors - they are very odd to use in that the results don't always mean anything. When I was pregnant last month the positive ferning was way before ovulation. So who knows. I do it just becuase I have used it 7 years ago when I was ttc my daughter. I used Ovulite. I am not even sure they make it anymore!

Talk to you soon ladies!

:dust:

I'm sorry about the partial lay-offs! My family has had to deal with a lot of furlough days (1 day everyother week no pay), and now there's talk of everyone getting minimum wage until the state budget is passed. I wish you guys the best. And Fingers Crossed for BFPs!

Both my DH and I are 28...we are trying for a little girl...my boys 8 and 6 are from previous marriage, they were easy to conceive...this 3rd time around is very frustrating and not happening as quick as I thought it would. I told my DH if he didn't put out I would be getting knocked up by a turkey baster! that seemed to do the trick...hehe :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back