The One Year Strong Ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a stupid question. Has anyone gained weight while TTC? I've gained almost 20 lbs in 5 months. I'm constantly wondering how hard I should exercise in 2ww and whatnot.....killing me. I think I'm going ntnp. I can't live with this much stress.....and lovehandles. lol

I gained weight like the 2nd and 3rd year of marriage I think. I've put on 30lbs since we've been married. TTC really hasn't changed that. Sorry to hear about your weight gain. Hubby and I try to get in some walks, and we've been eating better, but the weight has just stayed. I've been really depressed over it lately, but I'm too tired and lazy to get up and get exercising. Sorry I don't have more to offer you.

Sympathy is enough. I'm usually very active. DH isn't active at home at all because he works at a restaurant and he complains "he's already on his feet all day so he doesn't have to do anything at home." I on the other hand live in cubicle world....the land of free donuts and cookies.

Every time I enter the 2ww I just bring my life to a couch muffin hault. My birthday is in 6 weeks. I'm going to focus on losing at least 12 lbs. That's 2 lbs a week and a reachable goal in my mind. I'm at the weight I wanted to be full term with a baby. This is sooooo not cool.

EDIT: My taste buds are off the charts right now. I ate a sauerkraut, jalapeno, and tuna sandwich after my run.

:dust::dust::dust::dust:

Sticky baby dust all over this thread and for all of us in the TWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:flower:

I love your siggy! lol

Sympathy is enough. I'm usually very active. DH isn't active at home at all because he works at a restaurant and he complains "he's already on his feet all day so he doesn't have to do anything at home." I on the other hand live in cubicle world....the land of free donuts and cookies.

Every time I enter the 2ww I just bring my life to a couch muffin hault. My birthday is in 6 weeks. I'm going to focus on losing at least 12 lbs. That's 2 lbs a week and a reachable goal in my mind. I'm at the weight I wanted to be full term with a baby. This is sooooo not cool.

EDIT: My taste buds are off the charts right now. I ate a sauerkraut, jalapeno, and tuna sandwich after my run.

I have no clue about your cycle. :hugs: Good no more spotting. My temp didn't dip for my period last time, so who knows, I see yours usually does.

I do think temping is way confusing, but you know what, it gives me something to do everyday, and it does help me narrow down my ovulation date a little better than opks.

I agree about the temping for ovulation. I wake up anywhere between 630 and 7am, and FF keeps giving me the notice that "You have erratic temperatures, make sure you take them at the same time every day." Do you really think a half hour makes that big a difference? It's gotten to be so force of habit to take my temp every AM, DH thinks I'm nuts. If it works in conjunction with the CBFM (which I'm telling you, I am IN LOVE WITH this cycle, only because it worked as far as telling me when I O'd...OPKs never work), then hopefully we can really narrow down that fertile window.

My cycles are ridiculous. I've really given up on trying to find a pattern. :dohh:

I also gained weight since I met DH. I've always been a bigger girl, but now with working full time, married (so we've got that "comfortable" weight), we've both gained. DH lost a lot when his parents died (from 245 to 165 - purposely, he's not a tall guy, so 245 was too much for him), and then went up to 185 before we met...once in the police academy he went back down to about 170, but that was from the insane amount of running he did. Since he got a job in 2004, he stopped running nearly as much. Plus he worked in the jail, so he wasn't as active.

I used to be a gym FIEND. I started Zumba in January, lost about thirty pounds between that and Jenny Craig. Once DH lost his job, I stopped JC, and Zumba fell by the wayside because I was too busy/tired with work. Both of us have been trying to eat better, and we both need to get back to the gym - I bought the Zumba DVDs so I don't have an excuse, but I have yet to use them...my knee has been all wonky and has been buckling on me randomly...like in the middle of a Zumba session. NOT. COOL.

SS sidenote. I can NOT stop SNEEZING. :cry: And my nose is super runny. Went to see the movie with my sister, and at one point the two of us were laughing so hard we were crying, it was hysterical. Anyone a "Friends" fan? If you are, you know the Joey Tribbiani Fart Method acting? We realized that was EVERYONE in Eclipse, and we lost it. So much fun. I love nights like that with my sister, it's great.

Still no spotting...CM is more white now.

Me and DH just got back from watching Resident Evil in 3-D. It made me jump out of my seat a few times because monsters came flying out and what not. It was one of the better Resident Evil movies. We paid $28 bucks for 2 people because it costs more for the 3-D glasses..than add in popcorn, soda and pretzels... ended up spending like over 50 bucks!!! Ugghhh so expensive... i still remember when it was like 4 bucks to go to the movies......It was still nice to go out on a date since me and DH hadnt gone out on a date in a while, and i enjoyed myself....

Yes, I have probably gained about 5 to 7 pounds since TTC. I notice that when I take the prenatal vitamins they make me super hungry and I havent been taking them as a result. Do any of you other ladies notice they make you more hungry??? I have just been taking my regular multivitamin and a folic acid supplement for now until i get my :bfp:.

And yeah me and DH both have gained weight over the years... October will be 9 years since we first started dating.. he met me in my early twenties when i weighed about 122 pounds and he was skinny too... Over the years we have both gained weight.. I didnt use to have any weight issues but as the 30's approached it got harder to keep the weight off. I have done nutrisystem in the past and lost weight on it in the past.
I would highly recommend it. I have the food in the kitchen waiting on me to start it but havent been able to commit to it just yet...... I need to get back into working out as well.... I guess I think once I work so hard and loose all of the weight than BAM I will get pregnant and gain it all back and than some so sometimes I wonder what the point of loosing it now is??? :wacko:

I was 125 when we got married and active in college. I would take a dance class or a kickboxing class. After I stopped taking these classes the weight slowly crept up. I'm at 157 now. I lost some weight in April, about 8 lbs, but it's all back. I wanted to be down to 135 before getting pregnant, but oh well. I want to find a class I can go workout at, but gyms and classes (yoga, pilates, dance, kickboxing, anything at this point!) cost too much. If I do videos at home I am not motivated enough and find plenty of other thigns to do. Wiht classes I feel like I have a scheduled time that I have to go to and people will notice if I'm being lazy. Guess I'll start searching local places again... Maybe at least being active in early pregnancy would help me from gaining too much weight and not show as early and give away my secret until 1st trimester is over.

I did notice all the vitamins I'm eating makes me hungry! Thank you all so much for your stories. It's great to hear others having the same probs. What has always worked for me is writing down what I'm eating. I think sometimes I don't realize how much I'm snacking. I'm going to start that again asap.

I did notice all the vitamins I'm eating makes me hungry! Thank you all so much for your stories. It's great to hear others having the same probs. What has always worked for me is writing down what I'm eating. I think sometimes I don't realize how much I'm snacking. I'm going to start that again asap.

Sounds like a good idea, I'm a little afraid of doing it, but I guess if I really do want to lose weight that would keep me from eating crap I like to eat.

Wow Guys, You Have Been Really Busy....
Have Just Moved Into The New Flat So i Probably Won't Get Chance To Have A propper Check on Here Like Usual, But I Will Be Popping In Just To Check On How everybody Is...
BTW My AF was Spotting, Medium, Spotting And was 3 days long, Grrrrr My Clock Is Messed Up ! I am Always Always About 5 Days Long Sometimes 6... :S
Owel, We will Se What Next Month Brings !
Take Care Guys

oooh email me:

[email protected]

Some cramping this AM, no spotting, and temp still up. WTF??

FF is telling me my "test date" is next Friday...think I can hold out that long?? HA!

Ha! GL waiting that long. :dust:

I have full blown af cramps in my low tummy and back. Bfn on 10 miu ic. Af due in a week so the cramps are 6 days early. My body hates me. Lol

Some cramping this AM, no spotting, and temp still up. WTF??

FF is telling me my "test date" is next Friday...think I can hold out that long?? HA!

That's insane. I'd test tomorrow morning if you didn't already. 14dpo is pretty far. Are you sure you ovulated when you did? A 19 day lueteal phase is kinda long.

Ha! GL waiting that long. :dust:

I have full blown af cramps in my low tummy and back. Bfn on 10 miu ic. Af due in a week so the cramps are 6 days early. My body hates me. Lol

Maybe they're implantation cramps?

I'm still feeling good and positive. THe onyl thing that bothers me is I haven't gone #2 since Thursday... But I have IBS and I usually have the opposite problem (I'll go 4-5 times a day). Changed meds slightly, but still, this is a big change!

I'm still feeling good and positive. THe onyl thing that bothers me is I haven't gone #2 since Thursday... But I have IBS and I usually have the opposite problem (I'll go 4-5 times a day). Changed meds slightly, but still, this is a big change!

I have heard that constipation is an early prego symptom?? Do you have any fiber supplements, or maybe snack on some fruits and veggies today??? That will get you back to regular???:winkwink:

No need to wait till next week. :witch: got me this morning. Was eating breakfast with DH at the diner, and wicked cramps kicked in. Went to :loo:, and there the bitch was. Ugh.

Well, at least I know the vitamins worked and lengthened my luteal phase from 9 to 13 days. That makes me feel better. Have to edit my signature - Gail and Brooke were both wrong. No August for me. So that leaves Sandra and October.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"