The Over 35 Newbies and not so's :)

as the other ladies have said hinky - am glad you were at home much nicer than hospital well not nice but you know what I mean! x

will be keeping my fingers crossed for you in the new year

Hi ladies,

You will not even believe what an unusual day I've had today...

I had a play date with a friend who has a LO Maias age and a baby due tomorrow.

I arrived at 2pm and she wasn't in labour.

At about 2.30 she had a couple of pains and said she wondered if it was the start of something. She said she wondered if she should ring the birthing centre and give them the heads up and I said if she thinks she's in labour then yes...

As she was on the phone to the birthing centre her waters broke and they said to get her husband home from work and go in, but warned her she might well be sent home.

She phoned her husband and her mum and then got an intense pain which had her bent over the double.

She said she needed to go to the loo but when she got there she shouted that the baby's head was coming!!!

I called 999 and went up and by the time I got there a new baby girl was there, crying and everything :cloud9:

The ambulance operator talked me through what to do while we waited for the crew to arrive.

Unbelievable!

Mum and baby both doing well so far but have gone off to hospital to be checked and deliver the placenta

Wow Starlight! That's amazing! And what a quick birth for your friend - I hope mine goes that quickly (well, maybe a little more warning so I can get to hospital!) :haha: How did you enjoy your midwife stint? I bet it was all a bit of a blur? x

It was all a bit of a blur but yes it was great, and fab to be the first to congratulate my friend too.

It's one of those things you just get on and deal with at the time (well you have too) but afterwards its like OMG that really happened?!?!

I could do with a stiff drink but can't have one, lol.

My friend has text me from hospital now, everything is fine with mum and baby and the little lady was a healthy 7Ib 4 :) x

Hinky- I echo the other ladies- you are no hijacker!
We are just sharing the path at any stage :hugs:
we understand if you need to take a break hun, and i wish you a speedy and very sticky bean.
Also, i wish you and yours a Merry Christmas too :) x

Star! OMG that is amazing and scary! I hope my labour is so quick (but in hospital lol) Glad all is well with them too. Well done you Midwife! :thumbup:

I hve found out that i will need to take a antiblood clotting injection from around 28 weeks until 6 weeks after birth, every day! Pah, still better than a pulmonary embolism eh :/

On a better note, I believe we have settled on a name... Millie Isabella :) :happydance:

Hi Chelli, how come you've been prescribed the blood thinners? I've not heard of them only being necessary from 28 weeks before. I'm on blood thinners too, been injecting myself daily since day 1 and have Aspirin too (well, hubby usually does injections for me... and I thank him by swearing because it usually hurts!).

It causes some bruising but as you said, it's all worth it. My mum has the same blood-clotting disorder that I have, and she had 3 or 4 MCs before a live birth. It also keeps me safe - I've already had 2 DVTs caused by short flights.

I don't envy you Chelli and Everything. I had those injections after my c section with Maia (only for a week) and they did hurt and cause bruising.

That said, my husband did mine for me too as I couldn't face it myself and he caused me much less bruising than the midwives in the hospital did! He made quite a big bruise with the first one he gave me and after that barely a mark, bless him :thumbup:

As you say though, whatever it takes to keep us and/or our babies safe can only be a good thing :)

Chelli - beautiful name for your little girl :flower: I think our little man is getting closer to being named now. We at least have a short list :happydance:

I'll let you know when we have chosen one for him.

Oh and yes, my friend had a long labour and fairly difficult time with her first so it really goes to show how different each labour can be. In a way it gives me hope that I could achieve my VBAC but in another way it makes me scared to be alone as my due date approaches...

I'm hoping for something in between too. As you say Chelli, long enough to get to hospital x

Everything- something from my blood results showing increased risk of blot clotting so its more of a preventative measure during pregnancy rather than long term. Apparently our blood thickens in pregnancy? and mine thickens alot or something... i'm afraid i didn't clearly listen, as all i could think about was needle every day :cry: especially when she mentioned id be taught how to do it myself....god knows how as i feel sick when i get blood tests lol

I didnt think about the fact it might hurt too!!

She mentioned something about it affects bone density temporarily, but i forgot to ask if that was just for me or baby too :(

They also put me on more Vit D, but i think thats normal now.

Maybe i don't ask enough questions and just become a nodding dog lol ...

Star, Thanks :) We might not be able to change the name now as i told my mum what we were thinking, and she embroidered her name onto something she is knitting lol......just as well we are pretty fixed on it :)

hopefully you'll settle on yours too....but theres plenty of time :)

Maybe you only have an increased risk of blood clotting during pregnancy Chelli, but please check because you could have a similar thing to me, in which case there are situations other than pregnancy that you will need to at least take extra care (flights, operations). I hope you get on ok with the injections - I find it really difficult to do it myself, and only really do it if hubby has been drinking, which is pretty rare. He went to South Africa for 3 weeks to watch the World Cup when I was pregnant with Fin, and I actually had one of our friends come round or me go to him every day to do my injections!

Well, little update from me ladies... I had my midwife appointment today and baby is head down :happydance: I thought he would be because I walked around a mile to/from an arts & crafts group today and he was definitely heads down then because I was getting sharp stabbing pains in my cervix (I remember having that in the last few weeks with Fin when he was burrowing down).

I can't tell you how relieved and excited I was to feel that pain, haha!! :haha:

It's just dawning on me that I'm going to have to give birth again soon... ouchy! :haha:

Love the name you've picked for your baby girl Chelli, and I'm looking forward to hearing your little man's name when you have decided Starlight x

starlight omg thats mad!!! well done!

chelli bless you -hope its all going ok

think that's the injections I had to do after Ms birth - the mw gave me a massive bruise too (it was the negligent one tho and she laughed her head off and said oh dear after nearly breaking the thing so i suspect shes had a right rollicking off the consultant and wanted revenge lol)

everything brill re head down :)

were at 24 weeks yey!!

yeah Everything, they said it was just an increased risk during pregnancy, and they were being preventative, i don't think its an actual long term condition.

You won't be long then Everything! He'll soon be saying hello :) ....what an exciting time!

Rowan- yeahhhh 24 weeks :) chuffed for you, the months are counting down for us all!

Thanks ladies - my friend had her 2nd dd last night - she was vbac - was nearly another section but forceps in the end and an epi don't think she tore but have sent a stitches recovery kit :) badedas with horse chestnut, chocolate and a blow up ring :) lol

corr its made it a bit more real re Michael :) got him some reduced bbgrows today - when I looked at my newborn stuff its mostly pink - i think i was the only one who bought white lol

Hi Ladies..

Just wanted to pop on to wish you all a wonderful Christmas :xmas9:

Here's to 2013!

:xmas7::xmas8::xmas7::xmas8::xmas7::xmas8::xmas7::xmas8::xmas6:

Thanks Chelli :happydance:

I'm really excited for Christmas this year. With Maia being that bit older and more aware of what's happening I just can't wait for her to open all her presents!

Rowan I feel your pain. I've been on the look out for some nice new things for my new LO but you're right it's almost impossible to find anything that isn't pink :wacko: I'm glad to here your friend got her VBAC too :thumbup:

Merry Christmas ladies and all the best for 2013 - especially for our special deliveries :cloud9: x

Merry Christmas everyone!

thanks starlight - will see what she thinks when I see her as to which was better lol

Merry Christmas everyone!

thanks starlight - will see what she thinks when I see her as to which was better lol

Oh yes, do ask her what she thinks. I'm really nervous about my VBAC so would love to know

Merry Christmas ladies, hope you all have a wonderful day!!' Xxx

Merry Christmas ladies! :xmas6:

I'm loving Christmas Day so far :thumbup: Fin has opened his presents, which was lovely to watch... "wow!", "what's in it mummy?", "fank oo Santa!" :hugs:

Me and hubby got very little for each other, but we've got the best Christmas present ever cooking in my tummy, and hubby is cooking Xmas dinner as we speak - it smells absolutely wonderful! He's prepared all sorts of special dishes (thanks Delia) to accompany our traditional turkey.

He got a little worried when I said I was getting period pains this morning :haha: It's not little one making an early appearance, I think I just overdid it cleaning our bathrooms yesterday :haha:

Anyway, hope you all have a great time!! x x

hello ladies..... well thats Christ,as over for another year.... I can't stop thinking how different it will be next year with my little girl here to share it :happydance:

Anyway, I hope you all had a great time- ours was good if exhausting lol.

im finding im not sleeping too well in the night, then dose off in the day and cant get out of the cycle lol..... and this little one is kicking more and more lately however, apart from a rotten cough, i am actually feeling quite good! When i'm awake i have energy at least! lol

Off shopping Friday to look for some things for girly....its getting so exciting :happydance:

Everything- i hope those pains didn't turn into anything more lol....

Catch you soon ladies :)

Oh and roll on new year as my other half has suprised me with a mystery few days away! Might even treat myself to a glass of bubbly! Just 1 mind lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->