The Over 35 Newbies and not so's :)

Hi ladies :flower:

Well my Christmas has been a bit mixed to be honest. My LO has loved it and its been every bit as delightful as I imagined watching her open her presents and enjoy playing with them.

Like Everything and Fin we had lots of 'ooo's' and 'wow mummy's' and probably the cutest thing was when we went down stairs on boxing morning and she said 'wow they're still there!', referring to her massive selection of new toys :cloud9:

On the downside I've been battling with a cold/chest infection and the last week or two my SPD has flared up really badly and everytime I move I'm in so much pain I want to cry :-( I'm honestly in as much pain now at 30 weeks pregnant than I was at 38 weeks with Maia and sleep is right out of the window...

My DH was lovely Christmas Day and spoilt me but yesterday was grumpy and fed up with it. We've fallen out a bit tonight as as despite me being barely able to stand up he sloped off and put on a computer game whilst I spent the best part of two hours trying to settle Maia who strongly protested about having to stop playing to go to bed :wacko:

He's still playing now at 2.45am (probably because we've 'had words') so he'll have an interesting day tomorrow. He's off work as nursery is closed and he's flying solo as I couldn't get the time off this year. He's not used to the demands of a toddler all day and I don't think he'll find it as easy as he thinks, lol.

Anyways I'm glad you ladies who have checked in so far have enjoyed your holidays.

Chelli - it won't hurt to treat yourself to one glass of bubbly at this stage hun. I had a tee total pregnancy with Maia but had a glass of red with my Christmas dinner and thoroughly enjoyed it. I was a bit concerned it might send bubba to sleep and it might worry me but he spent Christmas Day kicking away so clearly wasn't bothered by it. I plan to have another drink for new year but again, just the one.

Everything - looking forward to symptom spotting with you over the next few weeks. You're nearly there so we can watch for signs of labour now :happydance: x

Ooh, enjoy your shopping trip tomorrow Chelli, I bet you'll pick up some lovely pink bargains now all the sales are in full force :thumbup: And how lovely of your OH booking a few days away over New Year - have fun!!

How did your DH get on looking after Maia today Starlight? Not too well, I hope :haha:

Sorry to hear you're not feeling good Starlight. I actually had more SPD and hip pains with my 1st pregnancy. I thought it was going to be bad this time when I got a trapped nerve at 14 weeks pregnant, but luckily it only lasted a week. When I had my bad cold a month or so back, I slept in our spare room for several nights but I got bad hip pain and in the end I swapped and made hubby take the spare room. Our mattress is memory foam and is definitely kinder to my hips than the spring bed we have in our spare room. I've found I get more hip pain and SPD if I've done a lot of walking in the day, or if I sit in the evening with my legs up on the coffee table and ajar... if I make sure my knees are together as much as possible, I seem to be ok. I guess you've tried everything to ease it Starlight?

And symptom spotting - well, I've been having quite a lot of Braxton Hicks and period pains but that's been for a few weeks now so not really symptoms, just a sign that things are moving in the right direction I guess. I shouted downstairs this morning "This baby has to come out!" My OH shouts back up "Are you serious?" he thought I meant baby was coming... actually what I was trying to tell him was that I was just cleaning my teeth, sat to perch on the toilet with the lid down and broke the lid!! It obviously didn't like the combined weight of me and baby :blush:

He was absolutely shattered when I forced him out of bed with her this morning but I think she was very good for him today and he didn't start struggling with her until I got home - typical eh? As soon as I was in he fell asleep on the sofa :wacko:

Yeah I've tried pretty much everything to ease this SPD but I'm struggling to avoid all of my triggers. Having to keep going up and down the stairs to Maia when she's protesting about bedtime really isn't helping and likewise I am up and down stairs all day at work too.

My manager picked up on the fact that I'm in agony today and broached the subject of me going on early maternity leave. As lovely as not being at work would be I really don't want to do this as I'm already finishing 5 weeks before my due date and the more time I have off before he makes an appearance (baring in mind he might keep me waiting a couple of weeks after his due date) the less time I'll have off with him after his arrival.

I've phoned the hospital today and they've got me into physio the middle of next week. They initially said they couldn't see me until 14th January but I begged and begged and the receptionist spoke to the physio who agreed to squeeze me in.

I am really hoping she can do something to help otherwise I may have no choice but to call it a day with work but we shall see.

I'm glad you've had a better time with your SPD this time Everything. :rofl: at you and baby breaking the toilet seat, that's hilarious. Luckily we have a really heavy duty wooden one or I hate to think what would become of it. I might only be 30 weeks but I'm humongous already :lol:

Anyway I'm off now to spend a bit of time with DH. He seems less stressed tonight so hopefully we can make up a bit after last night x

I have my fingers crossed for you that physio helps to relieve things for you Starlight. It's natural for you to want to spend as much of your maternity leave as possible after baby arrives rather than before.

Well, I am starting to wonder if things might be starting for me... I've been getting Braxton Hicks all evening (I hadn't paid much attention earlier because I've been getting them quite a lot in the last few weeks). The last couple I've noticed that my bump is getting really tight and uncomfortable. I know this is what normally happens with BH, but not for me - I usually only feel a bit breathless, I don't feel it in my bump.

Probably my mind playing games on me! I'm going to try to get some sleep anyway because I've been awake since 5am - that would be sod's law, I've been sleeping pretty well so I'll be annoyed if my birth photos are ruined by big eye bags cos of bad timing!! :growlmad::haha:

Drats, they stopped at about 3am... must not get excited about strong BH's in future! I went and got a bowl of cereal and that stopped them so I think I was just dehydrated again :dohh:

Ah shame! My sister is going through the same but she's had accompanying pains too.

They've been on and off since Christmas Eve but have always just stopped.

Will have a new baby niece very soon anyway. She is being induced on Monday if she hasn't gone into labour naturally before then :happydance:

I hope it isn't too longer wait for you either everything. I'm getting giddy for you x

hey ladies :)

were full of lurgy...Ive never had a cough this bad....poor M has been coughing so bad shes been choking on her own tongue and going blue...dearie me! Hopefully we shall be on the mend soon...

everything ah damn BH - I had an irritable uterus the last 3 weeks with M and would have false labour for hours every night soooo annoying!

haven't been able to go and see my friend due to the lurgy but shes having a rough recovery bless her - she said c section much much easier to recover from - but that's just her experience and everyone's different and hopefully we will have plain sailing labours / delivery / recovery

I'm hoping I go into labour naturally this time for sure! going to have reflexology the last few weeks - worth a try and am reading my natal hynotherapy book the consultant advised me to read and have got a CD to listen to from 32 weeks...still papping myself like! lol!

Just bobbing on to say happy New Year ladies :)

Hope 2013 brings many great things - we know it will be bringing our babies for starters :happydance:

Extra special wishes that 2013 will bring sticky BFP's for those still waiting :hugs:

Enjoy whatever you're doing tonight. We have our best friends coming for tea and are just chilling :).

Speak to you all next year xxx

Ugh, I hope you get rid of your cough quickly Rowan, and poor Martha too - that sounds scary! :hugs:

Wishing you all a happy 2013! Can't wait to see news of all our 2013 babies being born, and more BFP news from our TTC/NTNP buddies :happydance:

Sorry for double-posting, I'm taking over the thread with my essays! :haha:

I think the hormones have hit me ladies, I can't stop crying! :cry: We were watching an episode of Misfits earlier and I cried when someone's life support machine was turned off. I cried at my MIL/FIL's house in front of all OH's family because he said I was "doing his head in"...

Then I cried when I got undressed for bed because I saw my tummy - I'm getting more stretch marks every day. I know they're my mummy marks and insignificant in the whole scheme of things, but I've always had body issues and my tummy was the one bit of my body I was proud of :cry:

Oh, and then I cried when the new year fireworks were going off, just because I was all emotional about what an amazing year I'd had with my gorgeous little Finbobs!

I can't wait for the baby blues to kick in after the birth, I'm going to be one FUN person to be around!!! :haha: :rofl:

Well ladies thought I'd pop on as Im away at the moment to wish you all a wonderful and exciting new year! Here's to 2013 and our new babies. . . And lots of luck to our ladies ttc. May 2013 be your year!

Rowan what a horrible time your having, must have been really scary. I hope you and your little one will be ok. . . Poor mite! Hoe your all feeling better soon.

Everything. . . Big big hugs hun. . . I'm sure you'll be fine after your boy is here. . . Hormones make us all so emotional and looney! I'm not an over soppy person but I've been finding myself filing with tears over adverts!
How exciting it is all getting now. . . Sounds like you won't be long! My sil is due very soon too and is getting signs. . . So many babies!

Star. . . Hope you and hubby sorted things out. . . I think I have a touch of spd but it's not too unmanageable at the moment although I do get quite sore if I overdo it with walking or sitting for too long. . . . My sil has it and has really suffered with it so I sympathise.

Well as I've said I'm away. . . Very quiet new year for me I was lucky to see midnight I was so tired! Can't believe it. . . My last new year as a no ties girl and all I wanted to do was go to bed lol . . .

Anyway catch you all when I get back. . . :) all the best x

Starlight - I meant to ask you, was your sister induced yesterday? Or did you mean she will be induced next Monday? Please let us know how your sister got on once baby has arrived, I'm looking forward to hearing more baby news :thumbup:

Starlight - I meant to ask you, was your sister induced yesterday? Or did you mean she will be induced next Monday? Please let us know how your sister got on once baby has arrived, I'm looking forward to hearing more baby news :thumbup:

I hope you're feeling better Everything. I'm really emotional too at the minute so I know what it's like :hugs:

My sister refused induction hormones (pessary and drip) due to the added risk of c section scar rupture so the plan was she was going in for a stretch and sweep Monday and they would break her waters, with a view to performing a csection if labour didn't start as a result.

I'm a bit confused as to why but for some reason they couldn't break her waters Monday so she's booked in for an elective c section on Friday if she hasn't started in labour before then.

So should have a new little niece Friday at the latest. I'll be sure to let you know x

Ah thanks for the update Starlight. So me and your sister could still have our babies on the same day then :winkwink: I don't think that's very likely, I've had no BH the last couple of nights now and no signs that anything is imminent... I didn't even cry yesterday! :haha:

Has everyone arranged what they are doing with their toddlers when the time comes, for those of us on our 2nd LO's?

My MIL had said early on that she would have Fin. They live close to us and she'd told work she may need to leave at short notice too. She's now told us she is working away this Thursday, Friday and Monday so won't be available but she said "I'm sure your neighbour would have him". Yes, my friend next door has kindly offered but she has a 20 month old and a 6 week old - she's always out and never answers her phone! Her friends actually Facebook her hubby to communicate with her!!... anyway I doubt baby will come by Monday so it won't matter. I've put my parents on standby, they are retired but live an hour and a half's drive away.

Both mine and OH's family live a couple of hours drive away (on a good run!) but my best pal has offered to have Maia for us. She has a toddler the same age and they love playing together so in many ways its ideal.

The only down side is they are spending 3 weeks in Australia in February so we're snookered if he decides to arrive a few weeks early.

So far our back up plan is to take Maia to hospital with us and for my MIL to come and collect her as soon as she can get here. My mums also coming up as soon as she can but she's coming to the hospital. She was there when I laboured with Maia and we found it great as I had a long haul labour and it meant they could both pop out for coffee breaks and I was never on my own :) x

It sounds like you've got your bases covered Starlight. I think I'm just over-worrying about things now. And yet I'm so laid back about other stuff... like that I haven't packed a hospital bag for me or baby yet :haha:

I've just got back from my midwife appointment and baby is still head down :happydance: She actually struggled to feel the head because he was snuggled right down, I don't think he's fully engaged because i don't get the sharp pains when I walk but I'm so happy he's definitely settled into the right place! :thumbup:

went to see my friend and her dd yest - corr its funny holding a newborn again! 14 weeks...Holy cow!

do you guys feel ready?

my folks have said they'll have Martha - they are v unreliable bless them and my mam is v disabled so its hit and miss so hopefully I wont be in hospital too long!

I feel ready mentally Rowan, I just can't wait to meet him I'm so excited now :happydance: I'm a bit apprehensive about the birth but Fin's wasn't so bad and it looks like I will get the vaginal birth I wanted.

On a practical level, we're not really ready at all! We were going to move Fin into his new bedroom before the baby arrived but we've still not done it. We only got Fin's old baby clothes out of the loft an hour ago, and we've now got 2 bin liners and 2 boxes to sort through and then get washed tomorrow! We need to clear a drawer or two out in our room to put the baby's clothes in, since Fin's stuff is all still in the nursery. I haven't packed a hospital bag for me or the baby yet, although I've bought everything so I expect that will only take half an hour.

We really should get the car seat out of the garage and wash it too... :blush:

Is anyone else getting the idea that I am expecting baby to be late?!

Fingers crossed you'll have a short hospital stay Rowan :flower:

I'm the opposite of Everything. Well, almost. I haven't done anything to get ready for LO's arrival but these last few days I've started feeling really tetchy about the fact we're not organised yet. I feel like I want everything to be ready including hospital bags and the like.

It doesn't make sense really as I didn't do hospital bags until I was about 38 weeks with Maia and she was late anyway.

I wonder if its a sign LO will be a bit early ? Probably just wishful thinking, lol.

Seriously wouldn't want him to come right at this moment being only 31 weeks but with how bad my SPD is I do hope I don't have to wait till 40+ weeks to meet him.

That said I'm a bit scared of the birth. As much as I want a VBAC for practical reasons I'm a bit anxious about what could go wrong. I need to get a grip, lol x

Hi ladies, Happy New Year! Exciting times ahead with these bubbas on the way!

Starlight, sorry to hear your SPD is making things difficult. I never had it but one of my friends had to go on mat leave at 30 weeks because it was so painful. I know how frustrating it all was for her, so :hugs: Must be doubly difficult with a toddler to deal with as well. Hope you get some relief soon. And try not to worry about the birth if you can help it, I know it's easier said than done. Have you looked at the births section on here as I bet there are a lot of positive VBAC stories (avoid the negative ones obviously!!).

Everything, it's brilliant to know that your bub is in the right place - such a worry when they are not playing ball. Now get that bag packed and those clothes sorted :haha: Best of luck with it all xxx

Rowan, I hope you are feeling better now. It is so horrible when our little ones are poorly, and then when you are sick too and just have to keep going anyway... and pregnancy on top! Take a :hugs: and look after yourself xxx

Chelli - hope you had a thoroughly relaxing time. At least you managed to stay up until midnight - we were in bed by 10:30!! You may not see New Year again for a few years if your LO is anything like mine :haha:

Well, as for me, I went for a scan on Christmas Eve following my natural mc and they found that I still had some retained placenta. The consultant confirmed it was a small amount and unlikely to cause infection, but that I could bleed, possibly heavily, at any time. Hasn't happened yet but I am still testing positive on HPT. Have read loads of horror stories of RPOC causing terrible problems, but so far I seem to be ok and the doctor said I might just expel it during my next period. So it's still kind of ongoing, which is annoying.

Despite all that, we had a really fun family Christmas with both our families and Stan was spoilt rotten! Only my mum and dad knew about the mc. It was a bit awkward because I didn't want to drink in case anything started up, so what with feeling faintly sick, a little down at times and not drinking, I am sure those who didn't know may have wondered if I was pregnant!

I have received my appointment for the 'recurrent miscarriage' clinic at the local hospital, which is not until March. Although we'll be ntnp I think it'll be just as well if we don't manage to conceive before then, as it'll just be a constant worry whether I should be taking or doing something to prevent another mc.

All I can do is think 'onwards and upwards' type thoughts, and just keep cuddling my little man and remembering how lucky I am to have him. Another 'silver lining' is that we are managing to conceive ok, which would be the expensive bit to fix. As we are totally skint, if it were conception that were the problem, we'd be screwed. At least we can get help on the NHS with the bits we need to. I also made a friend at the EPAU, she is the Ward Sister and did my first scan. She was so annoyed I went to get a private scan and has insisted I speak to her directly with any future concerns, and she will always scan me if I need her to. So that is something as well.

Take care of yourselves and your bumps, and I look forward to hearing exciting news soon xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->