The POAS Addiction Support Group

Sooooooo....still no witch for me. I'm thinking possibly tomorrow. I wish she would hurry up and fly her ugly self to my house so we can get it over with haha! I'm ready to start using my OPK's for the first time this next cycle, and see what that turns up.

I also had a talk with DH, and told him that we are really gonna have to step up the smexy time when I O, so that we can catch that eggy. We have a great sex life, but now that we are actually trying, it isn't going to be as spontaneous around the O time of the month. He agrees. I'm hoping that this coming month will be our month, guess we will see.

As far as non TTC plans for this weekend, I think I am just gonna stay home and spend time with the kiddos. I bought them candy and popcorn today so that we can have a movie night together tomorrow night. I'm not sure what we are going to watch just yet though. The other night, we watched Frankenweenie. It was so cute! Guess I will look around and see what I can find that just came out. Other than that, not much :) Just enjoying my family. DH is off work tomorrow too, so that is going to be great!

I told DH while we were still dating (lol, what a conversation...) that I would be getting an epidural. I got a spinal tap with DD and it made me kind of sick, but it really helped curb the pain. I had a little button to press and I only pressed it 3 times total for the whole time it was in, I still felt the birth in all it's "glory" but a little bit of the edge was taken off. I was a little worried at first that I wouldn't get to feel any of it (based on experiences that I had heard from numerous other people who felt pretty much nothing), but luckily there was enough there to help but not enough to make me fully numb. It more so made the labor part feel easier rather than the birth.

LoveSanrio: Have you ever tried Sperm Meets Egg Plan?
Also: I plan to use my DD to tell me parents and sisters. Gonna find or make a t-shirt that says Big Sister on it then go to visit and see if they figure it out. :haha:

I'm pretty sure AF is on her way. I've had backache for a few days now and AF cramps really kicked in today. I'm trying to think positively. The sooner she arrives the sooner we move on to another cycle and hope for our bfp. :thumbup:

That sounds so fun! I grew up in TN (Nashville), and we used to go to Gatlinburg twice a year. I love all the Ripley stuff and the random shops! We would also drive a bit out of the way to see Cades Cove (don't know how fun that would be this time of year). I haven't been in years.

Oh, cool! I haven't been there before, except to drive through on my way to somewhere else. I am more of a beach person, so we usually go to Kure Beach several times a year, which is about 20 minutes north of Myrtle. I am looking forward to checking it all out! I know the kids will have a great time too! :)

Myrtle beach is beautiful! I like historic places, too, so Charleston in SC is always great to visit. Pretty sure one of my favorite places I've ever been though, is the French Quarter in New Orleans, LA. I have not been back since I've been legally allowed to drink. :haha:

Sorry for everyone who is expecting AF soon! Hopefully the witch stays away!

That sounds so fun! I grew up in TN (Nashville), and we used to go to Gatlinburg twice a year. I love all the Ripley stuff and the random shops! We would also drive a bit out of the way to see Cades Cove (don't know how fun that would be this time of year). I haven't been in years.

Oh, cool! I haven't been there before, except to drive through on my way to somewhere else. I am more of a beach person, so we usually go to Kure Beach several times a year, which is about 20 minutes north of Myrtle. I am looking forward to checking it all out! I know the kids will have a great time too! :)

Myrtle beach is beautiful! I like historic places, too, so Charleston in SC is always great to visit. Pretty sure one of my favorite places I've ever been though, is the French Quarter in New Orleans, LA. I have not been back since I've been legally allowed to drink. :haha:

Sorry for everyone who is expecting AF soon! Hopefully the witch stays away!

Charleston SC is beautiful!! That's where I live!

I love it. We did a couple of the night walking "ghost tours". I take at least one in every historic place I go. I'm obsessed with the paranormal and old places. :haha:

Saving my pennies to get to Europe.

I remember doing a ghost tour type thing in Gettysburg back in '03. That was a neat experience!
I would love to go to Europe sometime in my lifetime too.

adopim- I saw you talking about the sperm meets egg plan somewhere before. Is that what worked for you this cycle? How exactly does it work?

GingerPanda- I am right there with you! I love all things paranormal as well. My dream is to go to Waverly Hills in KY for an overnight tour! I will watch any documentary, show, or read anything about that place.

I live less than 2 hours away from Waverly Hills! But I've never actually gotten to go. But I did spend a nights at West Virginia State Pen in Moundsville, WV, and the Ohio State Reformatory in Mansfield, OH.

We used to have a team, but really bad things started happening to some of the people in charge so we disbanded.

I live less than 2 hours away from Waverly Hills! But I've never actually gotten to go. But I did spend a nights at West Virginia State Pen in Moundsville, WV, and the Ohio State Reformatory in Mansfield, OH.

We used to have a team, but really bad things started happening to some of the people in charge so we disbanded.

EEEEE! That is scary! It would be really cool to get into something like that though. That would DEFINITELY be the kind of past time I would enjoy.

Speaking of past times, Im now curious as to what all of you do for hobbies/past times? Do you all work ect? I stay home with my kids right now, but it is definitely not easy. Taking on 4 kids alone, and making a home run smoothly is not an easy task. I went grocery shopping at Walmart last night with my 4 girls, against just me. Luckily they were well behaved. I also make sure everyone in this house is taken care of, has everything they need, clothes washed ect...it is a lot, but I am thankful to be able to be home with my kids.

As far as hobbies go, I like to collect dvd's, and I collect Sanrio stuff as well. Hello Kitty, Badtz Maru, all of the characters. I also love, and watch a lot of Japanese Animation, and have been into that since I was about 13.

I am a stay-at-home wife. I am sort-of self-employed. I draw (a lot of anime-influenced stuff, LoveSanrio! :haha: ) and sometimes sell my art. I also make and sell jewelry, and I have started doing photography sessions as well. Haven't earned any money with that yet, but I just did my first portfolio shoot. So we'll see!

As for hobbies: I love to draw and take pictures. I love to watch cartoons still, stuff like superheroes, some Japanese animation, plus pretty much anything on Animal Planet and the Discovery Channel. I loooove Mythbusters. I play video games a lot, and I also have a weekly Dungeons & Dragons game that I play (because I'm a nerd). Um... I think we've already discovered my passion for ghosts. :haha: What else...? I love to read. Too many favorite books to count. I also love to play music. I play piano, Irish fiddle, Irish tinwhistle, and marimba (or any other mallet instrument) with any amount of skill. I can pick a song out on the mandolin, just because it's set up similar to a violin.

I'm a stay at home mum.... my husband was in the british army for 10 years, has just got out in october. So we're going through some changes! At the moment he's still unemployed (so am I) not by choice... I wouldn't mind working but hubby would hate sitting at home all the time and we just don't see the point in working just to spend all the money you earn on childcare when you could spend time with your child and see your child grow up instead. So that's the reason why one of us would at least stay at home cause childcare is just so expensive!
So for now we're unfortunately having to rely on benefits, but we're trying to get a new house (we're still in the army house atm) and trying to get a new job....

As for hobbies and pass times, I (or we as hubby isn't working atm) take our son swimming once a week, or try to, cause he loves it! And I love cross-stitching (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ellas-Cross-stitches/141740992587595) and making and decorating cakes, though that last one is a recent hobby and I'm not too skilled at it yet! Other than that I love doing jigsaws and playing boardgames with family and friends when we get a chance!

I am a stay-at-home wife. I am sort-of self-employed. I draw (a lot of anime-influenced stuff, LoveSanrio! :haha: ) and sometimes sell my art. I also make and sell jewelry, and I have started doing photography sessions as well. Haven't earned any money with that yet, but I just did my first portfolio shoot. So we'll see!

As for hobbies: I love to draw and take pictures. I love to watch cartoons still, stuff like superheroes, some Japanese animation, plus pretty much anything on Animal Planet and the Discovery Channel. I loooove Mythbusters. I play video games a lot, and I also have a weekly Dungeons & Dragons game that I play (because I'm a nerd). Um... I think we've already discovered my passion for ghosts. :haha: What else...? I love to read. Too many favorite books to count. I also love to play music. I play piano, Irish fiddle, Irish tinwhistle, and marimba (or any other mallet instrument) with any amount of skill. I can pick a song out on the mandolin, just because it's set up similar to a violin.

My hubby plays dungeons and dragons too!! (or used to.... he gets his moods every now and then where he'll play certain games and then gets bored of it for a while and switches to others and then he'll switch back again)

Ahh hobbies, it's so interesting seeing what others do!

Me, I am a musician also. I play just about anything (I have a gift, I can hear a song, and play it back without sheet music though I can also read sheet music and tablature). I predominantly play flute and piano, however, I can play brass instruments, the clarinet, oboe, guitar and violin. I also enjoy martial arts, I have done karate as a child until early adulthood, but now enjoy Tae Kwon Do. I am addicted to The Sims game, I collect all of the expansion packs etc...bit geeky really!

Now back to TTC and TMI to follow...

I actually think I am out ladies. I checked my cervix this evening and I found blood up there with CM. I am sure AF will flow shortly. I did notice it doesn't smell AF'y though, it still smells like fertile fluid.. I don't want the witch to come and snatch my hopes away, if TCOYF is right about my Ovulation day, I am only 10dpo...but if FF is right I am 13dpo. Both of these are short for me, I have a 15 day minimum LP usually. :( I feel so sick tonight too.

adopim- I saw you talking about the sperm meets egg plan somewhere before. Is that what worked for you this cycle? How exactly does it work?
Well I did a bunch of things different, but there are two things worth mentioning:
First is SMEP. There are lots of places online to find this plan, but the short version is this: Start taking OPKs on CD8. Also on CD8 start BDing every other day (CD8, 10, 12, and so on). However, as soon as you get a positive OPK you BD that same night and the following 2 nights after that. Take one night off and then BD the following night. Take an HPT 15 days after the positive OPK. If you never get a positive OPK just keep BDing every other day until AF or BFP.
The other thing of note that I used this cycle that might be worth noting is that I used Soft Cups as well this cycle.

As for hobbies, I love scrapbooking (when I get the time). Video games (big time gamer girl) are one of my favorite things to do and I do a lot of it. I love reading when I get the chance to do that too. Fall/winter Sundays and Mondays equal football. Spring/summer we watch a lot of baseball.

Hey ladies...I've been quiet but stalking.

I NEED some hobbies! One thing I used to do and I am starting back this sunday is roller derby....super fun and we get to be sexy AND badass.

I'm doing SMEP too :happydance: and softcups and temping/charting with OPKs...this is our first cycle so we will see how it goes! (BUT I didn't DTD all the suggested days, I just don't have the stamina :dohh:)

They are quite interesting lol. I personally find that you lose/displace some :spermy: when you first put it in, but the rest it will catch. So I do the 10mins with elevated hips then get up and shower and then do 10 more mins because the cup will have so much in it...I'm basically trying to empty the remaining back near my cervix. Hope that makes sense. Double hope it worked! lol

As someone who was bording on being a POAS addict I'm sure, the main deterrent for me was "I can keep using tests and be disappointed or I can NOT test and still have a 'chance' ". Not knowing felt more like a 'chance'...it could be a yes, it could be a no. Doing the test and SEEING negative meant 'chance over' really. And yes, nothing particularly helps with the disapointment of AF arriving, but thinking this way did cull me a bit. Good luck all x

I know this was posted a while ago, but your idea for testing/not testing reminds me of the 'Schroedinger's Cat' theory (heard about on The Big Bang Theory haha) I really like to think of it that way too, would rather think there is a chance!

I am going to look into the soft cups!

They are quite interesting lol. I personally find that you lose/displace some :spermy: when you first put it in, but the rest it will catch. So I do the 10mins with elevated hips then get up and shower and then do 10 more mins because the cup will have so much in it...I'm basically trying to empty the remaining back near my cervix. Hope that makes sense. Double hope it worked! lol

Yup, what Lilly said. What I actually did was lie with my hips elevated for about ten minutes or so before I put the Soft Cup in, then I would insert the cup and go to the bathroom or whatever post BD thing I needed to do. Then I would lie back down for a little bit longer same as Lilly. Occasionally, if I were still going to be awake for a while I would jostle the bag part a little bit to make sure the fluid was still close to my cervix :haha:
Ginger: I do highly recommend them, especially for women who can't lie down for an hour with their hips up (ten minutes was usually my max). However, the one piece of advice I do give is to do a "dry practice run" before you use them after BD. They are very easy to insert, but still feel a little awkward to put in at first. :thumbup:

Blackrain: That's an interesting point about Schrödinger's cat. I see how you were reminded of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->