The POAS Addiction Support Group

Thanks ladies, you just answered something that I had been wondering...SAHM...I've seen it around in titles and figured I'd know what it is if/when I needed to know lol...now I know!

I'm a nurse...licensed vocational or practical in some places. And that's all I'm going to say about that! lol Work just stresses me out sooo bad, i don't want to bring it into my BnB world. BUT I am taking course to get a degree in business...I want to own my own pet shop! Not to sell animals...just sell goods/supplies.

I hear ya, going through my training has really opened my eyes...I am not sure I want to work in such a stressy environment where everyone is looking to criticise you or sue you lol. I would have loved to have gotten into midwifery but it was just too competitive. Now I would be happy to own my own small business, maybe equine. Dreams..all dreams. I wouldn't say no to an offer to study to be a midwife still though lol!

Sam, have you just taken a year out? I've only been qualified 18 months and I didn't get a penny throughout my training. I did the degree and didn't qualify for any grants and I didnt want a student loan so I relied on my parents a lot. I am glad I finished it, I now work in the community but it's a very deprived area. It's a seaside town so we have a lot of elderly (retirement town) plus a lot of non-English speaking as its a cheap town to live in. Definitely prefer it to the wards though!!

Lillytame, your on! Lol. Gonna have to get a waiting list going if this thing really is lucky. :rofl:

I hear ya, going through my training has really opened my eyes...I am not sure I want to work in such a stressy environment where everyone is looking to criticise you or sue you lol. I would have loved to have gotten into midwifery but it was just too competitive. Now I would be happy to own my own small business, maybe equine. Dreams..all dreams. I wouldn't say no to an offer to study to be a midwife still though lol!

After seeing my parents start up their own company I don't think I'd want to be self employed in this country. Lol. I would love to be a school nurse though!!

I just sell my art every now and then, and I have also started doing photography. It's not official or anything yet. :haha:

Heads up, in case anyone wants to put it in their siggy, I've been making button/banners for threads I frequent all day.

So I made one for this thread!

https://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q655/GingerPanda89/poasaddicts_zps3078b1c1.gif
Code:
[plain][URL="https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/trying-to-conceive/1657555-poas-addiction-support-group.html"][IMG]https://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q655/GingerPanda89/poasaddicts_zps3078b1c1.gif[/IMG][/URL][/plain]

I start again in September, I am only moving back 6mths training wise as I was a Feb 12 student and I will be joining September 12 cohort for year 2. I got the bursary but it was only £800 pm and I couldn't afford to pay my rent, council tax etc as well as living expenses and no help from any benefits or anything so I had no choice but to take time off to try and get things sorted (saving is going to be impossible!). Sadly I came from a deprived family so I can't ask them for help, I am the first of them to even get to university. Just gets to me that adults that want to further their education and better themselves aren't supported properly, whereas teens are, they get grants left right and centre lol.

I start again in September, I am only moving back 6mths training wise as I was a Feb 12 student and I will be joining September 12 cohort for year 2. I got the bursary but it was only £800 pm and I couldn't afford to pay my rent, council tax etc as well as living expenses and no help from any benefits or anything so I had no choice but to take time off to try and get things sorted (saving is going to be impossible!). Sadly I came from a deprived family so I can't ask them for help, I am the first of them to even get to university. Just gets to me that adults that want to further their education and better themselves aren't supported properly, whereas teens are, they get grants left right and centre lol.

We have the same problem here. A ton of the scholarships are only for highschool seniors. It's really annoying, especially when a public 4-year university costs more than $3000/per semester. I think that's about £2000.

I'm loving the button GingerPanda :thumbup:

It's crazy the lack of support for mature students. But being the first in your family to go to uni is something to be proud of!

It's gone that way here too GingerPanda, the uni I went to are now going to charge £9,000 a year!! When me and OH we're there the fees were £2,000 per year and that seemed a lot. Lol. Luckily studying nursing means the nhs pay your fees which helps.

DH went to a private 4-year uni, and I think his fees were $40,000/£25,000 per year! :wacko:

Very nice Ginger!:thumbup: I will have to take some time this weekend to see if I can fit them into my siggy nicely.

Yikes! That is crazy! I can't even begin to fathom that!

PS. I love the blinkie!

I know. I told him if he'd just gone to a public university, we could have had two kids and sent all three of them to college for that. :rofl:

Thats the other thing I find crazy, the amount it costs you guys to have a baby!! I know the NHS is stretched and has a lot of f*ck ups but I'm grateful to have it at times like this.

I'm a nurse so it's not even like I can just leave come 5o'clock. I have to make sure everyone's seen, there's no one to just handover to. I would love to be a SAHM sometimes.

I'm a nurse too! ER :headspin:

Oh, I know. DH is like "It's a good thing you don't want pain meds, because that sh*t's expensive!" More than $1000 for an epidural.

It isn't why I wanted to have a drug-free birth, but it's definitely an incentive! :haha:

I racked up student loans to pay for nursing school. My last year, I finally got a pell grant lol. Go figure. I worked full time (3 12 hour shifts/week) as an ER tech throughout school. It was hard, but I made it through. Time management is the hardest part....

Sam it is awesome that you aren't giving up and to be the first to go to a University! Good luck with it!

There seems to be a lot of us on here TTCaWee1. I've never done emergency, worked in theatres for a while though.

OMG GingerPanda!! That's ridiculous. I don't want an epidural either but that's for other reasons. I'd love a water birth. And one of our local hospitals has just opened a midwife-led birthing suite with 4 birthing pools so I'm hoping I'll be able to go there one day. :)

Anyway, seeing as I have work in the morning and it's late I'm off to bed. Night ladies. :sleep:

Nite nite Girly922 :sleep: It's only 130pm here...2.5 more hrs of work for me :nope:...I'm pooped today! Been a long week.

Thank you everyone! I was only 9DPO yesterday, but I just could not wait any longer (such as the POAS addict that I am :haha:). I tested again at 5pm and got the same caliber line. I'm going to test again over the next few days, hoping to see that line get darker. I was able to not tell DH last night, but won't be able to keep it to myself tonight so I'm hoping today's test will be just a little bit darker.

LoveSanrio: I will probably wait to tell my DD until I've got the pregnancy established. I plan on telling our families around the 10 week mark (my sister is going to be angry, but it's better this way). Since DD is 4yo and she has a big mouth :)rofl:) I'll tell her a little bit later, but she will probably be the first one that we tell. Besides my DH tonight... lol
That trip sounds really fun! And it very well could be some stress relief to help the babymaking :thumbup: I hope you have a great time!

Totally getcha! When I knew I was preg with my youngest daughter we knew we couldn't tell the older girls because we had Easter dinner coming up with the family and they would definitely tell everyone haha! So, we went to dinner, had a great, normal time, and when we got in the Jeep to leave and go home, we told the girls before we even pulled out of the driveway! :haha: I couldn't wait to tell them any longer!! they were so excited!

And thanks, I think we will have a great time :) I am looking forward to the views from the smoky mountains! I will get some great pictures to show you ladies! :)

That sounds so fun! I grew up in TN (Nashville), and we used to go to Gatlinburg twice a year. I love all the Ripley stuff and the random shops! We would also drive a bit out of the way to see Cades Cove (don't know how fun that would be this time of year). I haven't been in years.

Oh, cool! I haven't been there before, except to drive through on my way to somewhere else. I am more of a beach person, so we usually go to Kure Beach several times a year, which is about 20 minutes north of Myrtle. I am looking forward to checking it all out! I know the kids will have a great time too! :)

Morning Ladies :coffee:

How is everyone doing? Any non-TTC plans for the weekend? We try to go snorkeling at least once over the weekend...it's great and I'm not even that good of a swimmer! A couple weekends ago we swam right next to dolphins! That was amazing!

As for TTC - I THINK my chart is looking triphasic...eh, chart expert opinions welcomed :thumbup: Yesterday felt like the onset of PMS and had some light AF like cramping *pout*

GingerPanda...I just haven't gotten used to your new avatar...keep looking for Tartar lol

Oh wow! That must be so amazing! I have always wanted to go to HI. I definitely plan on doing it one day. I moved to NC 3 years ago too, and am soooooo thankful to live in a coastal state that it isn't even funny. I have always been in love with the ocean, and find it to be so incredibly beautiful, and soothing. I would NEVER be able to live in a non-coastal state now!

Alright guys.. took this dollar store test with smu today... 11dpo. What do you think??? I'm so horrified of evaps and false positives :/

First pic is untweaked

I see a faint line for sure! When do you plan on testing again, possibly with a FRER? Maybe we will see a darker line! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->