The POAS Addiction Support Group

This is the first time I have ever paid this much attention to my cycle, and since coming off depo it was weird for awhile, but now it seems to be pretty normal. I went and looked at my calender earlier, and it was actually January 2nd that I think I O'd, not the 1st. So I guess that puts me at 12dpo....well 13 since it is now after midnight. I always hear people talk about a short LP, but I wasn't really sure what defined short.

I thought the witch showed earlier tonight, but it was just a false alarm. I am hoping that when I start temping this month I can get a better grip on what my cycle is really like!

When you say you thought the witch showed, do you mean you had spotting? (that would be a good sign!)

Nope, no spotting. I actually NEVER have had spotting before in my life that I can recall...not implantation, not before a period, nothing. I just had a feeling of "wetness", and thought it was the witch coming...but nope.

I took a PG test (IC) the day before yesterday and it was a BFN. I figure if I was PG it would have showed by then. That was 10dpo I believe, and it was stark white.

Hm, I've heard implantation can happen anywhere 6-14 days after ov. Is the witch due to make an appearance right away?
As for what is considered a short luteal phase, it really depends. Some people say anything under 12 is in the short side, others say under 10 days. Personally I would consider under 10 short.

Honestly, I can't say for sure when exactly the witch is due to come. This is the first time I have charted my cycle since coming off depo, and getting my regular period back. I do have 2 tell tale sign of pms though that I get every month... acne, and sore bbs. The bbs come first usually, and then the acne... then she usually shows up within 5 days or so. I noticed the acne increasing today, so I would say she is due in the next 2-5 days probably.

I will be so glad once I get through this cycle, and can have a better understanding of the way my body is working now.

Oh that kind of sucks. I am on my 5 cycle off BC pill, and I haven't had a cycle the same length as the one before so I don't really know when to start testing or expect AF (average LP of 8 or 9 days though) but I know what you mean about the uncertainty. Temping definitely helps, that's the only reason I know any information about my cycle at all. Fertility Friend has been really helpful with that.

Yeah, I am going to start temping right after AF leaves LOL! I also bought 50 opk's so I can take them twice a day until I start to get a better feel for my cycle.

I always hated that I would get acne when my hormones shifted (I get it BAD right when I become pregnant), but now I feel like it's a blessing. It helps me to know what is going on with my body!

I always temp during AF as well, but I know you don't necessarily need to. I wish I could afford 50 OPK's! The ones I buy are like 40 bucks for 9! Maybe I should start looking for cheaper ones lol (I buy First Response ones)

Yeah acne is a pain in the ass. I haven't noticed more during PMS, but it has gotten pretty bad in general ever since I stopped BC (one of the main reasons I was on it since I was 15). My telltale PMS symptom: Bitchy Heather comes out to play hahaha

Hahaha!! Oddly enough I don't feel I get bitchy during PMS....DH might answer that question differently though. I will say I become a freakin basketcase during pregnancy though LOL!

Oh holy crap! Those are some expensive OPK's for sure! I bought some off amazon. A pack with 50 opk's and 20 pg test strips for 20 bucks after shipping and everything. I actually took an OPK earlier tonight just to see how these worked since I KNOW I am not O'ing right now, and it was clearly negative. I will see how it goes as my cycle goes on!

Also, since you are temping, can you explain to me how it works a bit? The questions I have are: What is a coverline, and what should you look for each month as far as where the drops, spikes, ect. should be?

The cover line, I am not too sure about, fertility friend always put mine on so I'm not sure, I think your pre-ov temps should be below it and post ov should be above, but there is a specific way of calculating it that I am not 100% on (can't be drawn until ovulation has occurred though I believe).
As for the temps themselves, some people notice a dip on what would be ovulation day, and then the temp will go up (should be at least 2/10 of a degree) and should stay up around there for the remainder of your cycle. should drop when you get AF, but will stay up if you are pregnant. A dip can't be used to for sure say you O'd until you see the spike and it stays up. (Temp rises after ov because progesterone? I believe is released and becomes the more dominant hormone, causing the higher temps). As you can see on my chart the temp can dip and spike at other times through your cycle (usually isnt that bad but I think i have messed up my temping times a bit this cycle, need to temp same time each day) which is why you need to see consistent higher temps to confirm that O happened (I believe I O'd yesterday or today so hoping I see a temp rise tomorrow!) I have heard depending on when in the day you O, it can take a day or two for temp to go out.
It won't tell you when you are ovulating, just after the fact, but combined with OPK can be very helpful for tracking ovulation :)
I really reccomend Fertility Friend for tracking temps, if it sees a pattern that it thinks is ovulation, it will draw your cover line and start counting DPO.

Ladies,
I am not sure what my body is playing at. I thought the witch had got me yesterday, spotted all day...I expected full flow...same today, just light spotting. Nothing made it to the pad, only when I wipe. What is going on? Temp still above the coverline, although not accurate today as I couldn't sleep and got up a lot earlier than I would normally. I have line eye...I thought I had a faint BFP yesterday, but I have managed to tell myself that if there had been a line, it would be darker now and IF the line is there then this pregnancy won't make it since it is so very faint and it hasn't changed. Soo, I know I am out but why is she toying with me??

Ladies,
I am not sure what my body is playing at. I thought the witch had got me yesterday, spotted all day...I expected full flow...same today, just light spotting. Nothing made it to the pad, only when I wipe. What is going on? Temp still above the coverline, although not accurate today as I couldn't sleep and got up a lot earlier than I would normally. I have line eye...I thought I had a faint BFP yesterday, but I have managed to tell myself that if there had been a line, it would be darker now and IF the line is there then this pregnancy won't make it since it is so very faint and it hasn't changed. Soo, I know I am out but why is she toying with me??

What type of test did you use??? Re-test then post it for us!!

AFM, I am pretty sure I am out this month as well. I'm only 10 dpo and I am having AF type cramps. Woke me up from my disturbing dream last night. Kinda feel sick too. Took an IC and got so excited there was a second line, but it was just a bit of left over dye moving across :cry:

Ladies,

Oh wow! What kind of test did you use, and where are you in your cycle?

Ladies,

What type of test did you use??? Re-test then post it for us!!

AFM, I am pretty sure I am out this month as well. I'm only 10 dpo and I am having AF type cramps. Woke me up from my disturbing dream last night. Kinda feel sick too. Took an IC and got so excited there was a second line, but it was just a bit of left over dye moving across :cry:

I hate having bad dreams. :hugs: Now that I am older I don't get them as often, but when I was younger I used to have very bad dreams, and they were extremely vivid as well. I even had dreams where I would realize I was dreaming and yell at myself from in my dream to wake up because the dream was so bad.

I'm also sorry you aren't feeling well, and I hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

Okay, so I got up today and the :witch: has finally showed her face. I'm kinda glad though tbh, because now I can get it over with and try again! So back to cd1 for me. Ugh....I do have some cramping though....hate cramping.

:witch: got me about an hour ago. So strange to get it midday, and it's not the usual AF type bleed either. Bahh I hate her so much. I really don't know that I can put myself through this much longer.:nope::cry:

Okay, so I got up today and the :witch: has finally showed her face. I'm kinda glad though tbh, because now I can get it over with and try again! So back to cd1 for me. Ugh....I do have some cramping though....hate cramping.

At least you know now, though I'm sorry she got you!! :hugs:

I've been playing sims3 today, I installed it last night but when I wanted to play it earlier it didn't work so I uninstalled it and installed it again, tried allsorts... Worked in the end though! Made a boy, my son when he's older :winkwink: haha And he just got married and had a little baby boy :)

:witch: got me about an hour ago. So strange to get it midday, and it's not the usual AF type bleed either. Bahh I hate her so much. I really don't know that I can put myself through this much longer.:nope::cry:

I'm sorry she got you :hugs: How long have you been trying? It can be so frustrating sometimes. I have been down this road 4 times before, and it never gets easier. I will say the reward at the end is pretty worth it though, but sometimes it is hard to think about that when things get hard. We are here if ya need to talk.

At least you know now, though I'm sorry she got you!! :hugs:

I've been playing sims3 today, I installed it last night but when I wanted to play it earlier it didn't work so I uninstalled it and installed it again, tried allsorts... Worked in the end though! Made a boy, my son when he's older :winkwink: haha And he just got married and had a little baby boy :)

Haha! Sounds like you have been having fun! You are making me want to play the Sims too! I have been so wrapped up watching this anime series called Fairy Tail whenever I have free time. I love it though!

So, I had a buddy there for a minute, but I haven't heard from her in awhile. Well...she said she wanted to be my buddy, but we only messaged back and forth a few times, and now it has been over a week. I looked at her activity, and it seems she does have times where she doesn't log in for a few months at a time! Looks like I have to find more buddies! I was glad too, bc her CD was only 1 day off from mine, and that is what I was looking for. :cry: BOO

Awww how cute! I never did get to play yesterday, we had to run errands then when I got home I was pooped! Tonight I have home work...so maybe after that...during biggest loser. Anyone watch that? I know some of you are in the UK, does it show there?

Awww how cute! I never did get to play yesterday, we had to run errands then when I got home I was pooped! Tonight I have home work...so maybe after that...during biggest loser. Anyone watch that? I know some of you are in the UK, does it show there?

I've never watched Biggest Loser. As far as regular tv shows go, here is what I watch: Big Brother <<< Love that show!, True Blood, Supernatural, American Horror Story, Breaking Bad, and some others, but those are my main shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->