The POAS Addiction Support Group

Eltjuh: I also recommend Fertility Friend. It was the best resource I found out there!

LoveSanrio: So far all I've had is nausea, but yesterday I thought for sure I was going to e sick for real. Nope, just extreme nausea for most of the afternoon. I think it's going to hit me full blown sometime this week or next week (I sure hope I'm wrong tho!)
Do you sleep with your mouth open? That could be causing all over temps (also why I had to switch the vaginal temping, I got much more stable numbers).

Sorry to keep you ladies waiting! Here is the test I took with my pee being almost clear as water:
https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m224/kay8_88/DBEF8F48-B4D5-44C5-8317-9440FB5AA5F6-7428-0000093ACB909384_zpsda42f479.jpg
I don't know if you can see, but in person the test line is actually darker than the control line.

Awesome line!! Question: vaginal temping ... Even when on your period?? Sorry tmi lol cause I'm a mouth breather too

Wow adopim!! That's an amazing test! When do you have your first appointment?
Thank you! :D
My first appointment isn't until February 27th :( They usually schedule first appts between 8-10 weeks and not even with the OB, just a scan and letting with a nurse practitioner. Unlucky for me, the nurse I have to meet with is on vacation during my weeks 8&9 so I have to wait until 10 weeks. On the plus side, the scan will be better at 10 weeks than 8 weeks. The waiting is going to be tough but worth it in the end.

Awesome line!! Question: vaginal temping ... Even when on your period?? Sorry tmi lol cause I'm a mouth breather too
Yes, I did through my period. I made sure to wear pads and night and I bought probe covers for my thermometer which really helped. I usually had to use the bathroom after I temped (always do when I wake up regardless of the time) so I would take the thermometer with me and throw away the probe cover while I was up.

That's a shame you'll have to wait until 10 weeks. Feels like so long! But at least it'll be a good scan :thumbup:

Here we have our booking in appointment with the midwife between 6-8 weeks but don't get a scan until 12 weeks unless you are classed as high risk. OH and I have agreed to go private for an early scan next time after going through a m/c. Don't think I could wait 12 weeks. Just hope some of your baby dust rubs off!! Lol.

Right, I'm not considered high risk. With my DD I didn't have my first appt until 12 weeks.
This new clinic does them between 8-10 weeks. My old clinic was 8-12 weeks. If we had the option of a private early scan we would go that route just to set my mind at ease a little bit, but we don't have that option here. So nothing to do but wait... 4 weeks 2 days to go....

Sending lots of :dust: :)

Great line! Definitely darker than the control! I'm so excited :haha:

My OPK was darker but still negative today on CD10. In December I got my positive OPK on CD10, which I felt was early. Just had a little weird cramping feeling in the right side of my abdomen, so maybe I'll get my positive OPK soon!

Does anyone know whether you can, and how to, record a mc on fertility friend?? I was just trying to put my old cycles in, so it will calculate the average length of cycles etc. But it's calculating my last pregnancy as a very long cycle and I can't seem to find anywhere to record a mc....

I'm gonna read up on charting properly tomorrow, but just wanted to start by filling in some of my old cycles, when my period started and all that!

Does anyone know whether you can, and how to, record a mc on fertility friend?? I was just trying to put my old cycles in, so it will calculate the average length of cycles etc. But it's calculating my last pregnancy as a very long cycle and I can't seem to find anywhere to record a mc....

I'm gonna read up on charting properly tomorrow, but just wanted to start by filling in some of my old cycles, when my period started and all that!

In the "specifics" there's a tab for miscarriage. I'm not sure how it then affects your stats for future cycles but that's where you record it. :thumbup:

In the "specifics" there's a tab for miscarriage. I'm not sure how it then affects your stats for future cycles but that's where you record it. :thumbup:

Yes, you use the miscarriage check box in the specifics tab. Once you select that box it starts a new month for you. To ignore that month so it doesn't mess with fertility friends calculations, press the "Cycle List" button. This will take you to a screen so you can uncheck the month you don't want compared.

Eltjuh: I also recommend Fertility Friend. It was the best resource I found out there!

LoveSanrio: So far all I've had is nausea, but yesterday I thought for sure I was going to e sick for real. Nope, just extreme nausea for most of the afternoon. I think it's going to hit me full blown sometime this week or next week (I sure hope I'm wrong tho!)
Do you sleep with your mouth open? That could be causing all over temps (also why I had to switch the vaginal temping, I got much more stable numbers).

Sorry to keep you ladies waiting! Here is the test I took with my pee being almost clear as water:
https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m224/kay8_88/DBEF8F48-B4D5-44C5-8317-9440FB5AA5F6-7428-0000093ACB909384_zpsda42f479.jpg
I don't know if you can see, but in person the test line is actually darker than the control line.

UGH I feel for you so much! I hate morning sickness so much, because I seriously get it soooo bad. Mine usually kicks in around 6-7 weeks, and finally subsides around 16 weeks. I really hope you don't get it too bad this time around.

I am honestly not sure if I sleep with my mouth open or not. I just asked my husband, and he says he doesn't know either LOL. I don't ever wake up with a dry mouth or anything, but who knows. I'm not sure what the temp dip was today though. I am on CD 15, and I think my OPK this evening was just a bit darker, so maybe O is coming. I sure hope so! After this cycle I will start temping vaginally...if I don't get my BFP that is! :thumbup:

I will be making the swap this month to Vtemping. It will be soo nice to be able to drink water if I wake up in the middle of the night.

I'm V-temping this month and my temps are a mess! I hope they even out this week.

I'm V-temping this month and my temps are a mess! I hope they even out this week.

Ok this may sound kooky but my one concern about making the swap to v-temping is that how do I make sure the thermometer rests in the same spot each time? Do you have a band around the thermometer so it always is at the same depth? I assume the vagina has different temperature zones like your mouth??

I was going to do a battery of tests the day I move over to profile it, but if you know the answer...

I actually used my thumb and the thermometer screen/display. Since the screen is indented I just put my thumb to line up with the edge of the indent and went in as far as my thumb. That's what worked for me. I could see a small rubber band type thing working too, but I figured the screen on the thermometer was always constant since I couldn't move it whereas a rubber band could shift.

Ok this may sound kooky but my one concern about making the swap to v-temping is that how do I make sure the thermometer rests in the same spot each time? Do you have a band around the thermometer so it always is at the same depth? I assume the vagina has different temperature zones like your mouth??

I was going to do a battery of tests the day I move over to profile it, but if you know the answer...

I agree with adopim...using the window of the thermometer and your finger is helpful. I thought about the same thing when I started and don't know the answer, but it couldn't hurt to try to get it in as close to the same position as possible.

Hey everyone! Does anyone know if antibiotics affect ovulation, or the opk test results? Just had to start antibiotics on CD 9 RIGHT as I was about to start testing. Just curious!

:hissy: I swear this is how I feel right now. Sooooo tired of seeing negative OPK's. This was so easy when I didn't track anything in my cycle at all, just did the deed, and hoped for the best. Now that I am tracking it is so much more stress on me! I think after I finally see a positive OPK I will feel a bit better, but I am really getting aggravated. I'm sure it is still early, but it really gets frustrating when you have been testing non-stop for 10 days, and NOTHING. I felt like I saw a darker line yesterday, but I think it was just line eye.

I just want to get on with it already. I am so paranoid that I am not ovulating because of being on the depo ect. I'm paranoid that my body hasn't reached complete normalcy yet, and that I am in for some disappointment. Once I see a positive OPK I will feel so much better. It will be a huge weight lifted off of me. I just want to know that my body is working the way it should, and that I do have a chance to have one more baby!

Then my husband called me from work today and asked me if today was a day we were having sex, and I said yeah why? Then he told me it's because he has some serious baby fever today, and he is really excited about having another baby. Of course it makes me happy that he is so happy, and on board, but what if I am having issues? I don't want to let him, or myself, down. :cry:

Maybe I am being unrealistic because it is early in my cycle, I am just scared I am going to reach the end, and have nothing to show for it.

I'm sorry LoveSanrio :( :hugs:
I don't have any fantastic advice or anything but I know understand how stressful tracking can be. I don't think you are being unrealistic or unreasonable. Just try to keep your chin up and make sure that your are still BDing often so when you do ovulate you have the best chances of catching the egg. Don't fully rely on the OPKs either, keep an eye on your temps too. Tho they will only tell you that you've already ovulated, as long as you BD consistently it will be alright :)
I hope you get your positive soon though! Fx'd and lots of :dust:

:hissy: I swear this is how I feel right now. Sooooo tired of seeing negative OPK's. This was so easy when I didn't track anything in my cycle at all, just did the deed, and hoped for the best. Now that I am tracking it is so much more stress on me! I think after I finally see a positive OPK I will feel a bit better, but I am really getting aggravated. I'm sure it is still early, but it really gets frustrating when you have been testing non-stop for 10 days, and NOTHING. I felt like I saw a darker line yesterday, but I think it was just line eye.

I just want to get on with it already. I am so paranoid that I am not ovulating because of being on the depo ect. I'm paranoid that my body hasn't reached complete normalcy yet, and that I am in for some disappointment. Once I see a positive OPK I will feel so much better. It will be a huge weight lifted off of me. I just want to know that my body is working the way it should, and that I do have a chance to have one more baby!

Then my husband called me from work today and asked me if today was a day we were having sex, and I said yeah why? Then he told me it's because he has some serious baby fever today, and he is really excited about having another baby. Of course it makes me happy that he is so happy, and on board, but what if I am having issues? I don't want to let him, or myself, down. :cry:

Maybe I am being unrealistic because it is early in my cycle, I am just scared I am going to reach the end, and have nothing to show for it.
Hey! Sorry for how you're feeling ... That must be very frustrating for you ... One piece of advice I'd like to offer you is to not have planned days to have sex ... I know we all have to watch the days so we don't miss it, but planned sex to the point where your bf is calling asking if today's one of the days might be putting more stress on you both ... If it feels like a chore it will turn into a chore ...

We all get worked up hunny. It's a difficult time - this is something we can't control. And as hard as we try we'll never be able to control it fully. :hugs:

Don't worry about your OPKs, your ticker says you're cd16? It's perfectly normal to O around cd18 and later. You've still got time. And some ladies have a very quick progression in their OPKs so it'll be completely negative one day and positive a day or two later.

Stay positive. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->