The POAS Addiction Support Group

Got my positive OPK today :happydance: and it's way darker than any OPK I had last cycle, so i'm excited!!! Top pic is last nights OPK, bottom is this mornings :)

I've just started using OPK sticks - is it really a case of the darker, the better? I'm a bit clueless actually...
Any help would be appreciated!
:dust: to you!

Sweet Cherie- they say that a true positive OPK is when the test line is just as dark or darker than the control line. However, I know A LOT of woman who never actually get a 'true' positive, theirs get darker but never as dark as the control line. My first cycle using them my test line got pretty dark, but never as dark as the control line. I still ovulated, and AF showed on time. This cycle my test line has gotten just as dark as the control line, I was just surprised because I wasn't expecting it too.

Not sure why one cycle it gets darker than another cycle... hoping it's a sign of an extra strong eggy!!!! Lol.

I start using OPKs around CD7 because I like to see the progression of the test line, probably the best way to get to know your own is to do the same- start testing early and watch for when they get darker and are detecting your surge!! Some woman have more than one surge though, so don't forgo BD'ing until you know for sure you O'd ;) After your first cycle it gets much less confusing and you aren't second guessing yourself because you have something to compare it to!

Well ladies, I think af is due tomorrow or Sunday, and I just took a frer and :bfn: :( Pretty sure that's a confirmed negative for this cycle ...

Sorry Hun, still keeping my fingers crossed for you.

AFM, I have had 8 positive ic's and 2 positive FRER, went to doc today and his urine test was negative!!!!! I'm currently waiting to have blood work done, but won't find out results till Monday. There is no way I'm NOT pregnant though. Haven't had any bleeding, have had numerous pregnancy symptoms, and a lot of very clear BFP's. Plus I'm about 4 days late for AF and am 12DPO which is my longest LP ever. So why am I still so nervous???

Hey ... That's what happened to me when I was preg in November ... 2 positive frer and a cb digi but the doctors was negative ... I've heard theirs aren't very sensitive ... How dark are your lines? Here's my tests from November when I was still getting negatives at the doctor ...

Yeah, I am calling BULLSHIT on the doctors test. Held my urine for about 5 hours before appt, and they gave me a negative. A few mins ago, after saving up only about 2 hours of urine, I did another FRER and couple ic's......well, as you can see, the doctors office may have been a tad wrong :)

Attachments

• 17A706D3-9CC4-4F90-BD43-EEFE8B360340-719-0000019F4347E617_zpseca82e07.jpg
    17A706D3-9CC4-4F90-BD43-EEFE8B360340-719-0000019F4347E617_zpseca82e07.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 8
Omg buddy!!! Look at those BEAUTIFUL lines!!! Def preggers :) I'm so happy for you!!!!!

Did they only do one test at the doctor's office?? Seems to me they had a faulty one... Or they were just not sensitive enough, how many DPO are you now?

Edit: Nevermind, saw your chart. If you got a BFP 2 days ago, let's say that you had 15mIU... Today it would only be around 30ish. Just for example... If they have 50-100mIU tests at the doctor's, obviously it will still be negative.... You'd think dr tests would be more sensitive then they are...
I'm sure the blood tests will come back positive :)

I'm not sure, I put my urine in a cup, gave to lab lady, and about 10 mins later doc came in and gave me the result, he was suprised to hear i had 10 BFP so he sent me for bloodwork, said urine might have been too diluted or something. I'm only 12DPO so I guess I could understand that its really early, but it's crazy how dark my HPT lines got tonight!

Omg buddy!!! Look at those BEAUTIFUL lines!!! Def preggers :) I'm so happy for you!!!!!

Thanks!! :) I was shocked how dark they were tonight, considering how little urine I used! Way to make me freak out for nothing, doctor!

Those are spectacular lines! I am sure the blood will come back positive.

Beeeeeeeeeeeautiful lines! I'm sure your bloodtests will come back just fine!

I can't wait to see two lines on a test! I think I'll hyperventilate! :haha:

LoveSanrio: I think it's usually better to hold. Depending in the brand, most say at least a 2 hour hold while limiting fluids, mine said 4 hours (which they still worked well after a 2 hour hold but no fluids for about 3 hours). The more concentrated your urine the better the result. Also, if they go back to stark white negative, either you missed the surge, your personal positive might be technically a negative, or you are Oving later than normal. Your temp will be able to verify. Taking your temp early probably did contribute a little bit to the lower temp too. This cycle I had a minor temp dip two days before Ov.

I have heard the digi ones are well worth the cost for not having to do all that guess work. Which sounds to me well worth it. I used the Answer brand POAS ones that worked well for me.

I will definitely start to hold for a bit before I tesy from now on. Also wanted to add that I have actually NEVER had a stark white OPK. They always have some sort of line on them regardless. Always a second line on the IC's, and I have taken a few walmart cheapies as well, and they had a second line. The second line is always very light, but it is always there. I have a 32 days cycle, so I think I am just testing early. I just wanted to test early to see if I would get some sort of line progression, and of course to make sure I didn't miss it because technically I don't know exactly what day in my cycle I O.

Well ladies, I think af is due tomorrow or Sunday, and I just took a frer and :bfn: :( Pretty sure that's a confirmed negative for this cycle ...

AFM, I have had 8 positive ic's and 2 positive FRER, went to doc today and his urine test was negative!!!!! I'm currently waiting to have blood work done, but won't find out results till Monday. There is no way I'm NOT pregnant though. Haven't had any bleeding, have had numerous pregnancy symptoms, and a lot of very clear BFP's. Plus I'm about 4 days late for AF and am 12DPO which is my longest LP ever. So why am I still so nervous???

I totally understand! I would always be nervous too when I went to the DR, even after getting tons of BFP's on my HPT's at home. Your blood work will DEFINITELY come back fine. From what I understand, the DR offices don't usually use super sensitive tests.

Hey ... That's what happened to me when I was preg in November ... 2 positive frer and a cb digi but the doctors was negative ... I've heard theirs aren't very sensitive ... How dark are your lines? Here's my tests from November when I was still getting negatives at the doctor ...

Yeah, I am calling BULLSHIT on the doctors test. Held my urine for about 5 hours before appt, and they gave me a negative. A few mins ago, after saving up only about 2 hours of urine, I did another FRER and couple ic's......well, as you can see, the doctors office may have been a tad wrong :)

OH YEAH! :happydance: You are good to go for sure! Your lines are getting darker, everything seems to be great! Either a faulty test at the DR, or just not a sensitive test! I wouldn't worry. :hugs:

Thanks! Really hope my results are in tomorrow, I don't want to wait until Monday!

I will definitely start to hold for a bit before I tesy from now on. Also wanted to add that I have actually NEVER had a stark white OPK. They always have some sort of line on them regardless. Always a second line on the IC's, and I have taken a few walmart cheapies as well, and they had a second line. The second line is always very light, but it is always there. I have a 32 days cycle, so I think I am just testing early. I just wanted to test early to see if I would get some sort of line progression, and of course to make sure I didn't miss it because technically I don't know exactly what day in my cycle I O.

I have heard that LH is always present, the OPKs go positive only when there is a surge. If you don't know when you Ov, it's really never too early to check for it. Once you have an idea around the time you Ov it makes things much easier to track and gives you a better idea when to start taking the OPKs. :thumbup:
If you have a normal LP and a pretty consistent cycle length my very estimated guess would be between CD15-CD18 :)

I have heard that LH is always present, the OPKs go positive only when there is a surge. If you don't know when you Ov, it's really never too early to check for it. Once you have an idea around the time you Ov it makes things much easier to track and gives you a better idea when to start taking the OPKs. :thumbup:
If you have a normal LP and a pretty consistent cycle length my very estimated guess would be between CD15-CD18 :)

Thanks, that makes me feel much better. I have been so worried this cycle, and I think it is because I am doing so much new stuff all at once...charting, paying attention to cm much more, OPK's, ect. So I guess it can be pretty overwhelming. I did take another OPK today, and I definitely think it was just a bit darker than the ones I took yesterday! So I feel like I saw some change. I am actually going to test 3 times today, just to see what happens. I'll take another around noon. I started testing on CD 6 because I had no idea when I would O. I have been trying to BD every other day until I get a positive OPK, but I did miss one day. I'm back on track as of this morning though! :thumbup: It would be nice if this was my month, and I wouldn't have to do this stuff for long haha! I am definitely feeling optimistic today though, after seeing this morning's OPK! Hoping for a positive soon!!! :happydance:

Thanks, that makes me feel much better. I have been so worried this cycle, and I think it is because I am doing so much new stuff all at once...charting, paying attention to cm much more, OPK's, ect. So I guess it can be pretty overwhelming. I did take another OPK today, and I definitely think it was just a bit darker than the ones I took yesterday! So I feel like I saw some change. I am actually going to test 3 times today, just to see what happens. I'll take another around noon. I started testing on CD 6 because I had no idea when I would O. I have been trying to BD every other day until I get a positive OPK, but I did miss one day. I'm back on track as of this morning though! :thumbup: It would be nice if this was my month, and I wouldn't have to do this stuff for long haha! I am definitely feeling optimistic today though, after seeing this morning's OPK! Hoping for a positive soon!!! :happydance:

Excellent! :thumbup:
I've got my Fx'd for you! Sending lots of :dust:

Sorry, I know it's not the right thread, but how do I link fertility friend into my signature? Do I just go to my chart and paste that URL into my signature?

Sorry, I know it's not the right thread, but how do I link fertility friend into my signature? Do I just go to my chart and paste that URL into my signature?

I see you do have a link in your sig...did you want the chart to actually show?

Go to "Sharing" at the top of FF. Under that tab you will see "charting home page", under that section you will see "Get Code". That's where you get your code from to show the chart on your sig. Hope that helps.

Sweet Cherie- they say that a true positive OPK is when the test line is just as dark or darker than the control line. However, I know A LOT of woman who never actually get a 'true' positive, theirs get darker but never as dark as the control line. My first cycle using them my test line got pretty dark, but never as dark as the control line. I still ovulated, and AF showed on time. This cycle my test line has gotten just as dark as the control line, I was just surprised because I wasn't expecting it too.

Not sure why one cycle it gets darker than another cycle... hoping it's a sign of an extra strong eggy!!!! Lol.

I start using OPKs around CD7 because I like to see the progression of the test line, probably the best way to get to know your own is to do the same- start testing early and watch for when they get darker and are detecting your surge!! Some woman have more than one surge though, so don't forgo BD'ing until you know for sure you O'd ;) After your first cycle it gets much less confusing and you aren't second guessing yourself because you have something to compare it to!

Yes, I have started to test early - I know I'm nowhere near ovulating but thought I should try and get the hang of it as I've never done it before and have nothing to compare it to. Someone at work uses cbfm but that seems better for women who have a more predictable cycle. I've done two so far (started yesterday) and have got two faint lines. It seems pretty straight forward so far - let's hope I am actually ovulating! Thanks for the advice, I'm really grateful - and happy to receive any other hints and tips!
Hope your eggy is 'extra strong' lol! :dust:

Yes, I have started to test early - I know I'm nowhere near ovulating but thought I should try and get the hang of it as I've never done it before and have nothing to compare it to. Someone at work uses cbfm but that seems better for women who have a more predictable cycle. I've done two so far (started yesterday) and have got two faint lines. It seems pretty straight forward so far - let's hope I am actually ovulating! Thanks for the advice, I'm really grateful - and happy to receive any other hints and tips!

Haha, thank you! GL and :dust: to you, FX we all get our BFPs soon!!!

Here's my OPK progression so far this cycle :)

Attachments

• new 009.jpg
    new 009.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 20

That last one seems very close to positive... think it's not positive just yet, but it's ALMOST there though!!!

Gosh that's really helpful thanks:hugs: It gives me an idea about what I should be looking for! Is the last one positive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->