The POAS Addiction Support Group

If I don't get a BFP this month, I think I'm going to not try for a month or two... A November baby would be okay, but I really don't want to have a December baby as DH's niece's birthday and Christmas are all in December, and I'm afraid there won't be as much attention on my baby. Does that make me a bad person? :blush:

Not at all! Our SIL is due in August, so we held off trying until now because we wanted our kiddo to have it's own time! :)

GingerPanda- Actually that's how I feel. Novemeber I don't think will be too bad, but if we don't conceive this month we'll be taking a month long break so not to have a Christmas baby. i mean, i'd love the baby no matter what but I just feel with all the commotion of Christmas, etc, it would be better for my LO to have a birthday in a different month so the focus can be more on them for their big day ;)

GingerPanda- Actually that's how I feel. Novemeber I don't think will be too bad, but if we don't conceive this month we'll be taking a month long break so not to have a Christmas baby. i mean, i'd love the baby no matter what but I just feel with all the commotion of Christmas, etc, it would be better for my LO to have a birthday in a different month so the focus can be more on them for their big day ;)

Yeah, SIL's DD's birthday is December 24th. :wacko: She just turned 2, so she'll be 3 this year.

It doesn't make you a bad person at all. My entire family is in May but one. Brother 3rd, father 4th, mine 12th, Mother's Day, Yaya and twin sister 21st. My mother is the odd one out at June 17th next to Father's Day. So that is 8 celebrations pretty much in one month. May and December are busy months.

I think giving your child their own birthday time is sweet of you to do.

If I don't get a BFP this month, I think I'm going to not try for a month or two... A November baby would be okay, but I really don't want to have a December baby as DH's niece's birthday and Christmas are all in December, and I'm afraid there won't be as much attention on my baby. Does that make me a bad person? :blush:

No hun, not at all! I completely understand!

My calender is pretty much shut down, so I am just going for it LOL! If I tried to time it to be NOT around others bdays, ect. I would have a VERY small window.

DD- July 10th
DD and my MIL's bday's- August 17th
DH- Sept. 24th
Me- Oct. 18th (and if this is my cycle my due date would be Oct. 27th (but would not go to Due date bc I would be having another C-section)
DD- Nov. 23rd
DD- Nov. 30th

Then of course Christmas LOL

I don't think that makes you a bad person at all! A December/January baby would be difficult for us as we've got so many birthdays fall around then. Then after that I've got 4 birthdays that fall in the first week of march so that wouldn't be ideal. I completely understand!

But I would love an October baby, meaning this month would have to be our month. And this morning I got a VERY faint second line. Really hoping this is the start of my bfp! I can't post a pic as I'm on my phone but will do later, see what you ladies think. :)

As it turns out we're trying again... well it sort of just happened... BD friday night and then I did an OPK yesterday (my last one) to see what would happen (as I've not been temping enough, cause hubby lets me have lay-ins and I really needed my sleep so didn't wanna wake up at 7 to temp) and the OPK was very close to positive, I bet if I had done another one yesterday in the afternoon or evening it would've been positive! So I'm guessing I'll ovulate tomorrow at the latest. So we BD again this morning and hopefully we've got it covered that way :)
I was on countdown to pregnancy yesterday and it said: if you conceive this cycle your EDD will be Nov. 4th! And I was like: Noooo way!! That's my birthday!! And if I ovulate tomorrow I will be 9dpo on my son's birthday so I could try and test.
Though my family has a history of going overdue (my son was 13 days late) so even if my EDD would be Nov. 4th (if we conceive this cycle) I wouldn't expect the baby then! haha

Argh!! Already can't wait to test!! hahaha
Luckily I'll be busy making my son's birthdaycake this weekend and then have family over for his birthday so plenty of distraction! :)

Hey! yeah, I think that's totally fair, not a bad person at all. I'm really hoping this month or next is our month, because Dec. is quite loaded in my family as well.....mom: Dec. 29, OH: Dec. 21, then Christmas in there. I've see what my mom and OH go through every year (hey! this is for your birthday AND Christmas) and I agree it'd be nice to give your baby their own day. The worst is, my uncle's birthday is right on Christmas Day......talk about never getting your own celebration.

AFM, I'm 9dpo today, and the past 2 days I have been pretty crampy, and really nauseaus and headachy and feeling flu-like. Not sure if I'm coming down with something, or if it's something else! I have a doctor's appointment already scheduled for tomorrow, so I will try to wait until then to test.

Girly - Congrats!! Looking forward to pics!

Eltjuh- YAY!! :dance: I hope this is your month dear!! Sounds good so far!

So I have some pretty damn sore boobs today. I'm thinking either I'm pg, or af will be flying in early. Guess we will have to wait and see! 7dpo today. 11 day LP. When do you ladies think would be okay to test? I see all these tests that say they would be positive 5 days before your missed period, but for me that would have been yesterday at 6dpo...sounds a bit early?

So I have some pretty damn sore boobs today. I'm thinking either I'm pg, or af will be flying in early. Guess we will have to wait and see! 7dpo today. 11 day LP. When do you ladies think would be okay to test? I see all these tests that say they would be positive 5 days before your missed period, but for me that would have been yesterday at 6dpo...sounds a bit early?

Hey! I read somewhere that the "test 5 days before missed period" is based on an average 14 day LP. soo.....might still want to wait a couple days. :)

I think those tests go off a 'standard/average' 14 day lp. Considering it's called the 2ww :p I got my bfp at 10dpo when I was pregnant with my son. So that's usually the first day I test (or test without knowing it's gonna be bfn :haha:) I'm gonna try on 9dpo this time though, cause I wanna see if I could get a positive earlier! haha, just a personal experiment. I know I can't get a bfp at 8dpo cause I already tried that one when I was pregnant with my son.

As for birthdays... My son was due on the 7th of feb. and cause everyone in my family is always overdue I had a feeling he'd be late. So I was pretty scared he would be born on another family member's birthday cause my FIL's birthday is on the 14th and MIL's on the 19th and my brother's on the 20th. And ofcourse... he was born on the 20th! So he shares his bday with my brother!
So no! you're not a horrible person for not wanting your baby to be born around/on someone else's birthday.
And I get the christmas thing aswell! I'm really hoping that I am pregnant this month, though it's kind of later than I wanted anyway, cause my birthday is the 4th of november and my sister's on the 13th and then you got december (with my SIL's bday) and then xmas and then in february we got all those birthdays... I'm just thinking about money! For all the presents! haha

Hey! I read somewhere that the "test 5 days before missed period" is based on an average 14 day LP. soo.....might still want to wait a couple days. :)

I think those tests go off a 'standard/average' 14 day lp. Considering it's called the 2ww :p I got my bfp at 10dpo when I was pregnant with my son. So that's usually the first day I test (or test without knowing it's gonna be bfn :haha:) I'm gonna try on 9dpo this time though, cause I wanna see if I could get a positive earlier! haha, just a personal experiment. I know I can't get a bfp at 8dpo cause I already tried that one when I was pregnant with my son.

As for birthdays... My son was due on the 7th of feb. and cause everyone in my family is always overdue I had a feeling he'd be late. So I was pretty scared he would be born on another family member's birthday cause my FIL's birthday is on the 14th and MIL's on the 19th and my brother's on the 20th. And ofcourse... he was born on the 20th! So he shares his bday with my brother!
So no! you're not a horrible person for not wanting your baby to be born around/on someone else's birthday.
And I get the christmas thing aswell! I'm really hoping that I am pregnant this month, though it's kind of later than I wanted anyway, cause my birthday is the 4th of november and my sister's on the 13th and then you got december (with my SIL's bday) and then xmas and then in february we got all those birthdays... I'm just thinking about money! For all the presents! haha

Ahhh okay that makes MUCH more sense, thank you ladies! I'll be waiting until the 12th or 13th to test, and we will go from there. I hope this is it!

Well ladies. Here are my tests from today.

First one is just an IC with fmu. Very faint line but definitely pink.
https://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg165/Georgie_and_Chris/78634774-791C-4DDD-A23A-455B4F95C4EE-41328-00002D84456403AA.jpg

Second one, done just now with about a 3hour hold. I know it's a blue dye but these have a pretty good review.
https://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg165/Georgie_and_Chris/F9F057EC-E894-4163-B4CD-F8202A7A2571-41328-00002D842995E073.jpg

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

That is a positive! Yay I am so happy for you Girly. You made my day.

Whoop Whoop!! :dance: :happydance:

So excited for you! Hoping your good luck rubs off on me! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"