The POAS Addiction Support Group

TMI Alert!!! - Well I've developed thrush :S (or candida) - lovely :wacko: NEVER had it before and now I'm not sure what to do as it seems it's 'inside' and pharmacy's say I can't take a pessary for it if I might be pregnant.... And considering it's not urgent and a friday I won't be able to see the doctor till monday (at the earliest!). I feel gross :S I know it happens and it's not harmful or anything but it just makes me feel gross :S Just wanna get rid of it!!!

I did read somewhere that it could be an early pregnancy sign.... and considering I've never had it before.....:shrug: Probably wishful thinking! :p

I actually developed a yeast infection for first time in my life as well. I'm pretty sure I have had it since I got my BFP, since that's when the symptoms started. I went to the Urgent Care, just in case it was BV (tho it wasn't really urgent, here there is a 24 hour Urgent Care so I went at night so I didn't have to bring DD and make any doctors uncomfortable). My treatment is a cream that I get to insert before I go to bed... I actually feel more gross using it, but it's the only thing I can safely take to get rid of it. The symptoms are getting better. My last dose is tonight so I hope to be symptom free by tomorrow!

I had thrush a couple of times in my last pregnancy, and you're right, when pregnant you can use both the pessaries and the cream. The pessary was enough to get rid of mine and it was much better almost immediately. But you need to wear a pantyliner as what goes up... must come down :sick: It feels horrible to know you've got it, I know. It IS one of those things, but still. Hope you get it sorted soon :)

BTW if you and your OH have DTD recently (which you have), he will need to use the cream or take the pill or whatever aswell, but I think the treatment is double the time for guys. If he doesn't treat himself he can pass it right back to you and you'll be getting it time and time again. I think that's why I had it 2 or three times within a few months, but my OH, proud as he is, didn't want to treat himself (even though he felt itchy). eventually he did, for 3 days only (they recommend 10 or 14 days for guys I think), but it seemed to shift it.

So I got a huge temp rise today, and if I didn't know any better I'd say af is gonna be any minute ... I have cramps that feel just like I do with af ...

Last time we dtd was sunday, so a while ago. And only noticed it today, maybe had a little yesterday but didn't realise it was thrush, so don't know if hubby will have it. I guess I'd better get him to use some just in case. But you say the canesten pessary is ok to use?? The pharmacies I went to (all 3 of them) said I couldn't use them cause you go 'up there' (as they put it). Luckily I don't really have any of the symptoms, like itching, just the discharge :S gross...
I hope it's a sign for me as I never had it before and just read loads of people saying they had it (for the first time, but also after they had it before) when they were in the 2ww, and around 4 dpo aswell!

Hopefully it's a sign as that would make me feel much better about having it :winkwink:

Thanks for the info btw!! :)

So I got a huge temp rise today, and if I didn't know any better I'd say af is gonna be any minute ... I have cramps that feel just like I do with af ...

Looks great! FX !!!

Hmm, I'm pretty sure the pessaries are okay. I'm sure I used it :shrug: the pessaries don't go past the cervix, and so shouldn't affect the baby at all. You should double check though.

Perhaps wait to see if your OH get itchy; if so then get him to treat himself.

Ooh that sounds promising!!! I had AF cramps around implantation for a few days so hoping this is it for you!! Oh I'm almost as giddy as if it were me haha!

Hmm, I'm pretty sure the pessaries are okay. I'm sure I used it :shrug: the pessaries don't go past the cervix, and so shouldn't affect the baby at all. You should double check though.

Perhaps wait to see if your OH get itchy; if so then get him to treat himself.

Thanks! I think I'll just keep using the cream and see how it is on monday morning, if it's still there I'll get myself an appointment with my doctor. Don't wanna risk anything, especially after we had a mc in october.

Ooh that sounds promising!!! I had AF cramps around implantation for a few days so hoping this is it for you!! Oh I'm almost as giddy as if it were me haha!

I hope so! Right now I'm at an ob/gyn to get me on a medication for anxiety that won't harm future bean :)

I had thrush a couple of times in my last pregnancy, and you're right, when pregnant you can use both the pessaries and the cream. The pessary was enough to get rid of mine and it was much better almost immediately. But you need to wear a pantyliner as what goes up... must come down :sick: It feels horrible to know you've got it, I know. It IS one of those things, but still. Hope you get it sorted soon :)

BTW if you and your OH have DTD recently (which you have), he will need to use the cream or take the pill or whatever aswell, but I think the treatment is double the time for guys. If he doesn't treat himself he can pass it right back to you and you'll be getting it time and time again. I think that's why I had it 2 or three times within a few months, but my OH, proud as he is, didn't want to treat himself (even though he felt itchy). eventually he did, for 3 days only (they recommend 10 or 14 days for guys I think), but it seemed to shift it.
My DH hasn't developed any symptoms. I asked the doctor and he said as long as he has no symptoms and showers (and washes his bits really well) in between DTD then there is no cause for concern or any need for him to use any cream. Sexual transmission of yeast infection is actually pretty uncommon from what he said (tho it does happen, so if DH develops symptoms he'll need a treatment).

Hey chickadees! Just dropping in to say hi, and see how you are all doing this weekend. As you can see by my chart, it's CD1 again for me. All I can say is "Try, try again!" And that is what I am going to do. Just ordered my OPK's, and some HPT's so I can be ready to go for this cycle. Oh, and DH bought me The Sims 3 Seasons to take my mind off of everything for a bit. So I'm off now to play some stress free Sims 3!!

LoveSanrio :hugs: sorry the witch got you!!!

AFM, just here... waiting to O!! Come on little egg, i'm impatient and wanna make my baby!!! FX this is our cycle. I'm really excited to test with OSOMs this cycle. I think i'll be testing 7dpo, 9dpo, 11dpo and if all BFN i'll wait for AF to show since these tests are supposed to be so sensitive.

LoveSanrio :hugs: sorry the witch got you!!!

AFM, just here... waiting to O!! Come on little egg, i'm impatient and wanna make my baby!!! FX this is our cycle. I'm really excited to test with OSOMs this cycle. I think i'll be testing 7dpo, 9dpo, 11dpo and if all BFN i'll wait for AF to show since these tests are supposed to be so sensitive.

Good plan! :dust:

Hey chickadees! Just dropping in to say hi, and see how you are all doing this weekend. As you can see by my chart, it's CD1 again for me. All I can say is "Try, try again!" And that is what I am going to do. Just ordered my OPK's, and some HPT's so I can be ready to go for this cycle. Oh, and DH bought me The Sims 3 Seasons to take my mind off of everything for a bit. So I'm off now to play some stress free Sims 3!!

Sorry sweetie! I hope that next month is OUR month!!!

Sorry sweetie! I hope that next month is OUR month!!!

Jw, do you have a problem producing ewcm? If so I would suggest Preseed :)

I can't control myself! Tested yet again today....
https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m224/kay8_88/BF77594F-5B3D-4ABF-8B30-F1575F9A011A-764-000001174D05E539_zpsa2e68c38.jpg

Holy moly that's a dark line! Is this the first you've tested?? Congrats!

Holy moly that's a dark line! Is this the first you've tested?? Congrats!

No, my first BFP was on January 10th at 9DPO. Lol, my first appt isn't until the 27th so I am still testing. I made it a couple weeks, but I couldn't hold out any longer.....I'm a major POAS addict. I just hope after my appt I can convince myself to stop testing. Currently 8w3d right now.
Thank you though! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->