The POAS Addiction Support Group

Thanks girls!!
Do you have any advice as to pinpointing ovulation before it actually happens??? It's usually supposed to happen around the same time right??? Cause with temping you won't find out until after it's happened!
Or should I use OPK's aswell??

I'd recommend using OPKs; if you get a positive then you'll ovulate 12-48hrs later At least then you have a heads up. And simpl because of my cycle this month and having several positives I'd recommend testing until FF confirms your ovulation with crosshairs. Also do you observe CM? You can get clues that way as to when you'll ovulate

yeah I check my cm and cp. And a friend has just offered to post me some left over cd digi opks she had left and some ttc vitamins. So hopefully we'll get that bfp next month!!

In my experience you don't always ovulate the same time ... I would definitely use OPKs as well :)

That, or just make sure you bd every other other day lol

Alright ladies, I know I disappeared for a while... took a bit longer to O than my last couple of cycles... but i'm baaaack!! 2dpo.. (well.. do I get to count myself as 3dpo at midnight?? LOL) and already wanting to POAS. The fact that their super sensitive OSOM tests sitting under my sink is NOT helping.

But SINCE I have OSOMs and they're supposed to be so sensitive (100% accurate at 20miu and a little under 60% accurate at 10miu) they are feeding my POAS addiction, and i've decided that each cycle with OSOMs i'll be testing at 6dpo, 8dpo, 10dpo, and 12dpo. If all BFN i'll wait for AF to show. 4 tests a month isn't TOO bad right?! lol

:hugs: to all the BFN. Better luck this month (get some luck of the Irish rubbing off on us for St. Patties!!!!)

Yes! FX'd for you!

I'm out! :( :witch: got me this morning... Seems my cycle has changed a little. It was always 30/31 days (exactly the same date every month) but last month (I think it's cause I O'd later - on CD20) it was 34 days. And this month it was 32 days, but I O'd on cd18 so I guess it's true that your LP stays the same length....
Anyway, time for a new cycle and new chances!

So sorry Eltjuh....:hugs:

AFM, Well, I'm moving into the POAS addiction phase of my cycle. :)

This month, I've started on Metformin (which has not been a walk in the park--ugh!), so I'm anxious to watch my OPKs and see if my pattern is any different from past months.

One thing I have noticed...even though my cycles are all over the place...is that, for the past three months, I have spotted exactly 8 days before I get my first positive OPK. Everything I've read about ovulation bleeding says that it typically occurs just a few days before O. Has anyone ever had this before? Any ideas?

Ugh o pos OPK yet...starting to worry since last month they started cd13 and I'm on cd15 now. Plus peeing on these $2 sticks is expensive!!

I know how you feel. I'm in the same boat. Should have had pos opk yesterday but still negative. Ugh!!!!!

I bought these pregnancy test strips from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001G61MU4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The packaging has the brand name "Pro Matris". The tests came in an envelope with no leaflet, and the packet doesn't say how to use it. Has anyone used these? What I need to know are the timings:

- how long do I need to dip the strip in the pee
- how long it takes for the result to show
- how long is the timeframe, ie after how long should I NOT read the results?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001G61MU4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The packaging has the brand name "Pro Matris". The tests came in an envelope with no leaflet, and the packet doesn't say how to use it. Has anyone used these? What I need to know are the timings:

I don't know for sure, but I say you'd be safe with a standard 5-10 second dip, wait 3 minutes to read the test, and disregard after 10 minutes?

I feel like it doesn't speak well of the tests that they didn't even come with instructions.

I don't know for sure, but I say you'd be safe with a standard 5-10 second dip, wait 3 minutes to read the test, and disregard after 10 minutes?

I feel like it doesn't speak well of the tests that they didn't even come with instructions.
Hah, that's exactly what I thought. I heard bad things about ICs (eg lots of evaps, low sensitivity) after I ordered them, so I'm not expecting anything from them. I tested with one (still v early at 8dpo) and got a negative. I'm not wasting the expensive brands this early on though :lol:

I find ic dipstrips are VERY faint! i threw mine out thinking it was bfn then heard they're really faint so dug it out the trash and there was a very faint line (when i was pg with my son). Anyway, i usually dip my sticks in until i can see the pee starting to come across the window cause i've had it once where i timed it for 10 seconds and nothing happened so had to dip it in again, but that was a normal test not an ic. And i usually just go with 10 minutes and then don't look at it again, though i do still look at it :p haha

Look what our son did today- Note he's only 2 years old (and about 8 days)!!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200754046670798

We were stunned!!! :shock: :saywhat:

Oh also, Does anyone have any idea why my periods have got shorter?? Before they used to be about 5 days long. At least 4 days of bleeding but now it's cd3 and there's nothing there now! Hadn't been to the toilet for about 5hrs and there was nothing on my pad and nothing when I wiped either!! :shrug: Dunno what's going on!

Don't know! If your temps were higher I would say implantation bleeding but I don't think that's the case lol. Mine were always a week so I don't know, maybe it will start again tomorrow?

Oh also, Does anyone have any idea why my periods have got shorter?? Before they used to be about 5 days long. At least 4 days of bleeding but now it's cd3 and there's nothing there now! Hadn't been to the toilet for about 5hrs and there was nothing on my pad and nothing when I wiped either!! :shrug: Dunno what's going on!

There have been a few times in the last few years that I would only have a day or two of normal bleeding and that was it. Not sure why, but the next cycle they usually went back to my usual 4 days. A couple times I remember bleeding normally for 2 days, then nothing for a day or 2 and then bleeding some more for a couple days. Very strange indeed. I'd just see if they go back to normal in the next cycle or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->