The POAS Addiction Support Group

I get OV pain on ovulation but not every cycle. And normally only get it on the right side. But I guess it all differs from person to person. Good luck!

Yay twiggers!

Another question that I like to get opinions on is ... Do I really after lay down after bd to have a chance?

Yay twiggers!

Another question that I like to get opinions on is ... Do I really after lay down after bd to have a chance?

Oh, I'd like to hear what you guys have heard/think about that, too!

Well, my first month on Metformin, and I got a postive OPK on CD 19. Yes, late, but I'm excited to get a positive! Luckily, we BD the two days before and are going to keep on for the next few days!

Question--I got my a positive OPK yesterday morning, then it went negative yesterday night (using a digital, so definitely positive and definitely negative). Then, I got another positive one this morning! Any ideas on what this means?

Thanks, y'all!

I layed down after with hips elevated and even stood on my head and all sorts when we were ttc my son. It worked :p But we also conceived once when I didn't lay down afterwards, cause we weren't trying...... So I'm not sure about it.... Not too bothered about doing it anymore either, though it's usually nice to just lay there and cuddle for a bit after anyway, so I usually just do that!

Betsyb, maybe your pee was more diluted last night and more concentrated this morning... meaning that your negative would've/should've been positive if you held it for longer. That's the only explanation I can come up with....

I've actually been falling asleep afterwards! Lol. Hope that's good for the swimmers to get to the egg!

9dpo here, tested this morning and THOUGHT I saw a faint something... but I think it's BFN :cry: having these OSOM tests makes me feel out because they're so sensitive

Attachments

• 20130304_103237.jpg
    20130304_103237.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 13
I thought maybe there was the start of something,but not sure! Maybe you implanted late...

I would always elevate my hips for a while. I used SoftCups last cycle, so I elevated my hips for only maybe 5-10 minutes before inserting the cup. I always figured that it couldn't hurt anything.

I elevated my hips for like 20mins after each time but not sure how much it helps. One thing that I'm convinced helped was if me and OH orgasmed together. Kinda helps everything go further. Lol. :blush:

yeah apparently orgasms help it along.... Though they say if you want a girl you shouldn't orgasm.... but hey atm I'm just wanting to be pregnant and get that bfp regardless of whether it's a boy or girl.

I couldn't remember exactly why but here's the answer: Shallow penetration coupled with the sperm deposited close to the entrance favors female conception because the area is more acidic, which inhibits the weaker Y sperm, according to the theory. To allow the Y sperm to reach the egg first (which supposedly moves at a faster rate), deeper penetration should be sought, to deposit the sperm at the least acidic area near the uterus opening. - That's according to the Shettles Method.

I'm still on the fence about the Shettles Method though! I don't know whether it actually works. There have been people that say it does and others say it doesn't work so it's a guessing game, but I figured it was worth trying. But now I'm really really wanting this baby so I'd rather just catch the egg than miss it again! (With the shettles method for a girl you're only supposed to BD up until 3 days before O, so that kind of decreases your chances)

I'm pretty sure I had an orgasm each time and I had two girls :thumbup: I suggested the Shettles method to my OH and he decided right off the bat that it's "bullsh*t". I think the theory is there, about the male sperm being faster but dying sooner and then the females come in all slowly like and hang around for days... but at the end of the day it doesn't give you a definite answer, does it?

I had heard about X sperm living longer so to conceive a girl not to BD on O day but I didn't know about the shallow/deep penetration thing. Even though we don't mind what we have as long as they're healthy, I know OH likes the idea of a boy first.

We didn't follow shettles method, but I would think solely based on that theory,would have higher chances of having a boy. Right before/day of O, deep penetration, but no big O for me on ovulation day (can't remember day before). So will let you ladies know how accurate that was for me when I find out! :)

I heard about all the theories and decided that I will probably never use them. I too can understand the theory behind it but still don't really buy it. There's always those sperm that don't follow the "norm".
For us, DH had caffeine before our BD sessions (I've heard conducive to male sperm), we used SMEP so we BDed 5 days before, 3 days before, 1 day before, the day of, and the day after Ov. Always deep penetration and I always orgasmed after he did. We'll see in a couple months what the turn out ended up being :)

Ladies is this positive? Or maybe tomorrow? I did have LOTS of episodes of watery cm yesterday, not so much today tho ...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g