The POAS Addiction Support Group

I was using the tests I used when I found out I was pregnant with my son and the mc. I bought them online, but they're just like the tests from Asda, which are 15mIu I think. And they're pretty good. Got my bfp at 10dpo with my son.
Also bought a 2-pack of FRERs today, well I had some loyalty points on a card so paid with them :p So I think I might do a FRER tomorrow morning.... Not sure though cause I find them kind of annoying sometimes cause the lines are so thin!! So they're harder to spot, especially if they're really faint.

I don't think I ever had indents on those tests before but you can definitely see it and there is no colour to it. I'll post a picture, don't think you can see the indent in the picture though.
So I'm kind of wondering whether maybe these tests I got are dodgy or something... dunno! Hence the reason I got some FRERs.

Fingers crossed AF stays away for all of us!!

oops forgot the picture!

First one was at 3 minutes, 2nd one was at 10 minutes. But there's definitely nothing there at all!! :nope:

Attachments

• CAM00648.jpg
    CAM00648.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 7
  • CAM00649.jpg
    CAM00649.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 8
I've had indents on those tests too. I think sometimes it just depends on the batch. Fingers crossed for you with the FRERs though!!

So does that mean they're a faulty batch?? Cause if they are I'm gonna send them back...

Not necessarily faulty. I still got a bfp on one. But nearly all the bfn's I could see an indent line. You just have to really squint to see if it has any pinkness to it.

Ok, well that's good then! Cause I thought maybe it meant the test wasn't working properly.
Really hope I'm still gonna get my bfp, but I don't think I will.... don't know why!
Think I might keep my FRER's for a little bit later on cause they're usually quite faint so early on aswell!

I'm not a fan of FRERs anymore really. They don't seem sensitive enough to be honest. I definitely got BFPs on cheapies before I did on FRERs.

Yeah, same here! I am not a fan of FRER anymore either! I don't think they are as sensitive as they used to be! I have been googling the crap out of it, and it seems people get their positives on IC's several days before they do on the FRER, so I am still holding out help. I just don't see getting evaps on the like, 6 different IC's I took. I even took one from the batch and tested it on my toilet water. It was stark white. Soooooo, I am hoping they were right!

So far no AF today, so we shall see!!! :af::af::af::af:

There does seem to have been a lot of ICs recently giving false positives so I don't blame you for checking them. Lol. Really hoping its your bfp in the making Sanrio!!

I would say get your hubby to pee on one but he doesn't know yet does he? Or did you tell him?

I don't think all of your lines could've been evaps either so i reckon you are pregnant!

I hope you're right!

Tomorrow I have some errands to run, so I will be heading down to the store for more tests. I am going to end up getting like 4 different brands LOL! I will probably get to the store around 3pm, so I am going to hold my pee from 11am to then, and test when I get home. Who knows, AF may show tomorrow...although that would still be late. But if she isn't there when I get up that is strange. When I go pee for the first time that day, I have pink on the toilet paper, and about an hour later she is there full force. Soooooo, safe to so that if I don't see her, she probably wont be showing up.

I hope for some solid lines for you Love!

I can't help but wonder if different tests work different for each person. I got my first positive when I was at 9DPO with a FRER. I can't speak for ICs because I never used them, but I didn't get a positive on a cheapie test (Dollar Tree and Walmart 88 cent ones) until around 16DPO or so. While some people their early result from those same tests. It's intriguing to think about. Lol

I hope for some solid lines for you Love!

I can't help but wonder if different tests work different for each person. I got my first positive when I was at 9DPO with a FRER. I can't speak for ICs because I never used them, but I didn't get a positive on a cheapie test (Dollar Tree and Walmart 88 cent ones) until around 16DPO or so. While some people their early result from those same tests. It's intriguing to think about. Lol

Did you order your FRER online, or buy them at Walmart or something like that? For some reason I heard that the ones you buy at Walmart arent as good anymore.

Also, maybe you guys can help me with this. I got my first positive OPK one day, and the next day I got a blaring positive. I usually O the day after my first positive OPK, but I never get a blaring positive. Should I still go by the first positive, or the blaring? Anyone ever O the same day they got a blaring positive the day after a positive with the test line and control line the same color?

I bought my FRERs at Walmart. Lol.

Hmm, as for the OPK... I've gotten a blaring positive OPK the day after ovulation before (Ov was confirmed by major temp rise). I found that I would always ovulate within 12 hours of my first positive. Once I figured that out I actually stopped testing after the first positive. My body functions weird I guess. Lol

I bought my FRERs at Walmart. Lol.

Hmm, as for the OPK... I've gotten a blaring positive OPK the day after ovulation before (Ov was confirmed by major temp rise). I found that I would always ovulate within 12 hours of my first positive. Once I figured that out I actually stopped testing after the first positive. My body functions weird I guess. Lol

Well then, maybe your theory is true then LOL! I might not show on a FRER like I would an IC just yet. Guess time will tell! With my last pregnancy I used a blue dye test bc I didn't know any better, and got a DEFINITE plus sign, but that was after my period was due I think.

My body is the same though. I usually get a specific temp spike the morning after my first positive OPK, but have never had a blaring, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference. They stay the same color as the control the day of my temp spike, and finally fade back to neg the day after that.

I think different people have their hcg double at different rates and apparently for some people itxs also normal to always have a bit of hcg, as long as it's under 5. And i guess then you got the problem of implantation, some people implant earlier than others so they'll probably get their results earlier...

Yeah, I have been considering implantation date as well. Since I got faint BFP's on 10dpo, I am thinking it would have had to be 8 or 9dpo.

I'm just waiting for AF. If she is still a no show tomorrow I will be testing like a mad woman!! :wacko:

I definitely think people react differently on HPTs. HCG doubles faster for some, and remember that with OPKs some people get test lines that are darker than the control line, and others never get positives even though they do ovulate.

If you had a blaring positive, that would have been your spike. The positive before would have been working up to the spike, and a positive after would have been during the come-down, IYKWIM. I assume take the blaring positive as the main one, and date from that.

I had a blaring positive 3 days ago, but my temps still don't show that I ovulated, so I could be wrong :wacko: I had a decrease this morning; I guess that could be an ovulation dip, though I don't think I got a dip last month...

I had another bfn today.... I did one of the cheapie ones from amazon and decided to use on of my FRERs aswell, both with FMU.
I wasn't really expecting anything, cause my temp went down again today, so I'm thinking it's definitely going down in preparation for AF :cry:
So gutted!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->