The POAS Addiction Support Group

congrats Sanrio!!!! Very exciting :)
I will be in the tww starting tomorrow for my 4th cycle. Got my surge this morning, so should O tomorrow. Kinda pissed about it though, because DH is out of town. We were able to BD Sunday night before he left Monday, and he won't be back until tomorrow night, and we'll of course BD again then. Do you think that's too late? I'm worried we will have missed our chance this month :(

Thanks everyone!! I am still in shock LOL!!

We actively tried for 2 cycles this time around which is about typical for me. The longest I have ever tried to get pregnant was 4 cycles. I seem to be pretty fertile. This is our LAST baby though, so I will be getting my tubes tied when we have the baby. Kinda bittersweet for me.

Planned C-section?

This time it will be. Last time we had an Emergency C Section, so would kinda like to avoid that this time around if possible. I ALWAYS get really high blood pressure towards the middle to end of pregnancy, and last time I developed toxemia. My DR was amazing though and still let me try to have the baby on my own bc I was so scared of having a section, but the baby and I were monitored very closely, and I had to stay on a magnesium drip to prevent me from having seizures, and no getting out of bed... (I was in labor for 24 hours), but in the end her heart rate plummeted, and I was in surgery within 10 minutes. They took reaaaallly good care of me, and the anesthesiologist talked with me while it was going on to help keep my mind of of being scared. Hubby was in there too, but of course he was a hot mess LOL! When she was born, they cut the cord from the placenta, but they cut it long so that hubby could still cut it in the right spot when she was in the incubator. They also had their own disposable camera, and one of the nurses jobs was to just take pictures for me. I know it sounds gross, but I have pictures of them actually "birthing" her during the surgery. I am happy to have these pictures.

So, that was my experience with a section. Obviously I am still scared this time around, but not like last time. No fear of the unknown this time. Now I just worry about everything else.... and the recovery time as well.

I'm sure everything will be fine. Plenty of time to worry about that later. For now, congrats on being pregnant! :hugs:

I agree, you'll have plenty of time to worry yourself silly about all of that in a few months' time, but for now just enjoy not puking up :winkwink:

I heard it gets worse each time; I am NOT looking forward to the third time around :haha:

Hahaha!! Very true. I am not looking forward to the morning sickness. I usually get it really bad. So bad that it is hard for me to even ride in a car bc the motion makes me sick. Would be nice to not like that this time, but I'm not holding my breath.

So today is the day that DH and I tell his mom that we are expecting. She has no idea that we were even trying! Should be interesting LOL! She will be excited! My kids found out last night bc when I took the tests they just HAD to know what I was doing, and I wasn't going to lie to them. Then they asked me what it said, and when I told them they were SOOOOOOO excited. Then my 8 year old told my 2 year old "Mommy is going to have another baby", and she said "No." LOL

So does anyone else go and buy their HPT's from different shops each time so the staff don't recognise you and think you're mental?!

Have you ever tried B6 for morning sickness? I was taking it for my luteal phase and the nurse recommended I continue to take it until 13 weeks (since it's said to help with the progesterone production). I had terrible morning sickness with my first but this time it was reduced to "morning nausea". I only actually threw up once. Our NT sonographer told us this one is a girl too (with 100% positivity).

So does anyone else go and buy their HPT's from different shops each time so the staff don't recognise you and think you're mental?!
I never did this, but some of the people at WalMart were starting to recognize me. I had wondered what some of the people thought sometimes. Especially the ones that I had seen numerous times while buying them.

Nah, I don't give a crap what other people think of me. Not like I have to go home to them or anything :haha: Other than that, I buy a lot of my tests online, but I always go to the same store if I buy from around here.

Have you ever tried B6 for morning sickness? I was taking it for my luteal phase and the nurse recommended I continue to take it until 13 weeks (since it's said to help with the progesterone production). I had terrible morning sickness with my first but this time it was reduced to "morning nausea". I only actually threw up once. Our NT sonographer told us this one is a girl too (with 100% positivity).

I never did this, but some of the people at WalMart were starting to recognize me. I had wondered what some of the people thought sometimes. Especially the ones that I had seen numerous times while buying them.

I have heard a bit about that actually. I also tried Preggie Pops last time, and I will say they did help me a bit, and they were really good. I think they have B6 in them? Anyhow, would it hurt me to start taking B6 now, since I wasn't taking it before? If you think it might help me, let me know what you take, and how much and I will pick some up at the store tonight!

Hahaha!! Very true. I am not looking forward to the morning sickness. I usually get it really bad. So bad that it is hard for me to even ride in a car bc the motion makes me sick. Would be nice to not like that this time, but I'm not holding my breath.

So today is the day that DH and I tell his mom that we are expecting. She has no idea that we were even trying! Should be interesting LOL! She will be excited! My kids found out last night bc when I took the tests they just HAD to know what I was doing, and I wasn't going to lie to them. Then they asked me what it said, and when I told them they were SOOOOOOO excited. Then my 8 year old told my 2 year old "Mommy is going to have another baby", and she said "No." LOL
I hope it goes well telling the ILs LS; let us know! How lovely that you were able to share it with the kids. I have just said to our eldest (2y11m) "would you like another brother/sister?" and she's said yes, but of course she's too young to really get the concept. My SIL had a baby recently, and trying to tell my daughter that there was a baby growing in her tummy was a mission; she didn't believe it, or even care :haha:

LOL, nope. I don't care if I look crazy buying them all. On my last spree I bought about 7 at once :thumbup: But the place I live in is VERY small (the entire place is 3 square miles), so you start to recognise people. I go to the same pharmacy for everything, so they know me now. I try to shop elsewhere for TTC supplies, simply because I know one of the staff members, and I don't want everyone knowing/wondering.

I have heard a bit about that actually. I also tried Preggie Pops last time, and I will say they did help me a bit, and they were really good. I think they have B6 in them? Anyhow, would it hurt me to start taking B6 now, since I wasn't taking it before? If you think it might help me, let me know what you take, and how much and I will pick some up at the store tonight!

Well, I was at a higher dosage because I was taking 100mg for my luteal phase. After a few weeks staying with the 100mg, I started to cut the vitamins so I was at about 75mg a day. Then cut the vitamins in half for about 50mg a day. My nurse was okay with this amount until 13 weeks. She told me that I could stop taking the extra B6 at 13 weeks. It's been almost a week since ending it and I haven't developed morning sickness so I'm thinking I'm clear now.
For morning sickness they recommend that you take 10-25mg three times daily (I assume with each meal), but that you should consult your doctor first.
Preggie Pop Drops do have B6, but I'm not sure how much. I used those with my first DD too. They helped but I was still throwing up at least once daily until 16 weeks.

Okay, maybe I won't be taking B6 then. I won't be going to the DR until 10-12 weeks or so this time around bc (KNOCK ON WOOD) I don't have any issues with recurrent mc's, or anything of the sort. So I may not be able to do that...boo.

I didn't have my first appointment until I was 10 weeks. I would say that if the MS gets really bad, you aren't going to hurt anything by taking some extra B6 (for example one 25mg tablet a day) in the vitamin form. Just take that low dosage and see if it doesn't help the sickness.
But we can just hope that MS just doesn't show altogether so it'd be a non-issue anyways :)

I didn't have my first appointment until I was 10 weeks. I would say that if the MS gets really bad, you aren't going to hurt anything by taking some extra B6 (for example one 25mg tablet a day) in the vitamin form. Just take that low dosage and see if it doesn't help the sickness.
But we can just hope that MS just doesn't show altogether so it'd be a non-issue anyways :)

LOL! That is true, that would be soooooo nice! I picked up some prenatals earlier. I got the gummy kind bc the others make my stomach upset. They have everything in them I need, plus fish oil, and DHA...BUT, when I got home I noticed on the package that they have no iron in them? Don't I need iron? Let me know if your's have iron in them, and how much. I may need to take an iron supplement too.

Mine has 33 mg of iron, which is 183% of the daily value for a pregnant or lactating woman.

https://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q655/GingerPanda89/vitamins1_zpsc01927be.jpg
https://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q655/GingerPanda89/vitamins2_zpsf709a0e2.jpg

LOL! That is true, that would be soooooo nice! I picked up some prenatals earlier. I got the gummy kind bc the others make my stomach upset. They have everything in them I need, plus fish oil, and DHA...BUT, when I got home I noticed on the package that they have no iron in them? Don't I need iron? Let me know if your's have iron in them, and how much. I may need to take an iron supplement too.

Right now I'm taking the Similac prenatal as well as the gel DHA supplement. I got 7 weeks worth of samples from my nurse. The prenatal has 27mg of Iron (150%DV). Not sure what was in my other ones, but I'll probably stick with the Similac the rest of the pregnancy. The downside is that the prenatal is quite large. And can be really harsh before the second trimester (nurse told me to wait to start them until 13 weeks).

Thanks ladies! That is what I figured. I will finish out these gummies and switch to something else then. It says they don't include iron in them because the product appeals to children, so they do it to prevent children overdosing on iron, which makes sense. GingerPanda, where did you get your prenatals? I think I want to try those.

Congratulations LoveSanrio!! :happydance::thumbup::hugs:

I was just checking in on you guys, because I kinda left the thread because my poas craziness has died down with each passing cycle that I don't get my BFP. But I'm glad I did pop in!

Good Luck Ladies! :dust: See you around BnB!

Congratulations LoveSanrio!! :happydance::thumbup::hugs:

I was just checking in on you guys, because I kinda left the thread because my poas craziness has died down with each passing cycle that I don't get my BFP. But I'm glad I did pop in!

Good Luck Ladies! :dust: See you around BnB!

Thanks LillyTame!! Hope to see you around a bit more often! Miss having you around!!

Well my temp went down again, as expected, so I'm guessing the :witch: will be here tomorrow morning when I wake up....

Just wondering what to do about next cycle.... We thought maybe it's best if I don't keep track of any temps or OPKs but I really really don't wanna miss O and I like knowing what's going on! Also for cycles after cause it's always the way... when you need something, or want to know something (like whether you had this 'symptom' or that cervical position when you got your bfp or when you didn't get your bfp) then you never have it recorded!! IYKWIM.
So I kind of wanna not record anything to make it less stressful but at the same time I don't wanna miss anything. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->