The POAS Addiction Support Group

Well my temp went down again, as expected, so I'm guessing the :witch: will be here tomorrow morning when I wake up....

Just wondering what to do about next cycle.... We thought maybe it's best if I don't keep track of any temps or OPKs but I really really don't wanna miss O and I like knowing what's going on! Also for cycles after cause it's always the way... when you need something, or want to know something (like whether you had this 'symptom' or that cervical position when you got your bfp or when you didn't get your bfp) then you never have it recorded!! IYKWIM.
So I kind of wanna not record anything to make it less stressful but at the same time I don't wanna miss anything. :dohh:
this cycle I'm not symptom spotting. I'm temping, recording CM and using OPKs, but that's it. It's less stress already, and TBH most symptoms are also AF symptoms, so I can't be bothered with the "am I / aren't I" questions for the next 10 days. I've also left out the "__ days until testing" ticker, because that makes time stand still for me. I think if we were doing SMEP I wouldn't even use OPKs, because you're DTD anyway.OPKs do my head in, but we rarely find the time to BD so it is the only way I can be sure

haha my hubby came up with the plan to just bd everyday! And I was like.... uhm... no! :haha:
I like it, but to do it every day for a month?? I'd for sure be having 'tired' as a symptom haha, but probably not cause of possible pregnancy! :p

I didn't really symptom spot this month... Cause like you said everything could be either pregnancy or AF. So there really is no point!

I'm still hanging around in TTC-limbo. I don't mind not having AF, but every time I leave the house, I wonder if she'll surprise me. That witch...

DH's SA is Friday! I've never thought the problem could be with him, always with me. But I guess it's natural to start to get a little concerned. :shrug:

I've started taking my OPKs and am becoming very positive for this month. The test line is already a bit dark. Last month I had basically no test line show up until cd20. I really hope this month is the month I get that sticky bean!

We've been TTC for 5 months today :coffee: I've forgotten what it's like to not obsess over periods and cramping...

This cycle is my last chance to get a 2013 baby. It's also my last chance of having 2 under 2 again. If I get pregnant this cycle I will be due a month to the day earlier than #2's birthday. It will also be the second time I've been newly pregnant for #1's birthday (at the end of April).

No pressure... :dohh:

I wanted to have another by the time LO was 2, or soon after. But looks like he's gonna be 3 (or older) by the time he gets a little brother or sister. His birthday is in February so next cycle is the last cycle of having a 2nd before he turns 3! Don't want to try in May because I don't really want to have 2 birthdays so close together... But I bet I'm still gonna try in May anyway, cause I just really want another baby!!! :cry:

This will be our 6th cycle ttc#1 ... Af is finished today so I guess it's time to start BDing lol ... I'm not temping, symptom charting, or 'trying' ... I mean yes, I'm still trying, but I'm not gonna think about it and see what happens ... A lot of my friends tried and tried, and then they stopped trying and got preg ... Fx for all of us :) I reallllly didn't want a December bby either as my birthday is Christmas Eve and it's an expensive month, and I've always hated being the 'young' one ... So watch, just watch, I'll get my bfp this cycle lol

Had a massive temp drop today at 5DPO. I'm still above my coverline, but only just.

I'm getting a bit concerned that my temps don't rise enough after ovulation; I've been temping for two cycles now and I don't get huge temp rises like other people do, and last month none of my temps were particularly high in comparison to my pre-ovulation temps. FF still spots that I've ovulated, but I wonder if too low a level of progesterone affects whether you can get pregnant or not... :shrug: does anyone know?

This will be our 6th cycle ttc#1 ... Af is finished today so I guess it's time to start BDing lol ... I'm not temping, symptom charting, or 'trying' ... I mean yes, I'm still trying, but I'm not gonna think about it and see what happens ... A lot of my friends tried and tried, and then they stopped trying and got preg ... Fx for all of us :) I reallllly didn't want a December bby either as my birthday is Christmas Eve and it's an expensive month, and I've always hated being the 'young' one ... So watch, just watch, I'll get my bfp this cycle lol

This is my 4th cycle ttc #1.....1dpo for now, we'll see what it brings. I also didn't really want a December baby, as DH's bday is the 21st, then Christmas, then my moms bday is the 29th......VERY expensive month. Plus, DH knows how sucky it is to have a bday so close to Christmas, as I'm sure you know how that feels as well. I have the same feeling as you......because of that, watch, I'll get pregnant this month. Which would be 100% fine of course.....but still. Although, now I feel like I may be getting my hopes up.....ahhhhhhn ttc is stressful!

Also, I have 5 friends that had babies in the past 6 months, playing and being around the little ones makes me want one soooooo much more. Oh, and just found out my cousin's pregnant. Went off the pill.....and BAM! I'm happy for her, but......it's a bit hard on me. I know 4 months is nothing in the grand scheme of things.....but since I've never been pg before, it's always in the back of my mind.......what if it doesn't happen?......what if it CAN'T happen? Anyone else go through that and find ways to ease their mind?

Sorry for the rant! Fx'd for all of us!!

Watching "One Born Every Minute". Brooooooooody. :wacko:

LOVE that show!! Just watched it last night!!
You're in the USA though aren't you??? Do they show it there aswell or have you got your own (American) version??? Cause I think they did show 'One Born Every Minute USA' once in the UK.

Watching "One Born Every Minute". Brooooooooody. :wacko:

LOVE that show!! Just watched it last night!!
You're in the USA though aren't you??? Do they show it there aswell or have you got your own (American) version??? Cause I think they did show 'One Born Every Minute USA' once in the UK.

There's a similar American show called Birth Day, but I don't know if it still airs. Never seen an American version of OBEM. I was watching the UK version (complete with commercials, lol) on YouTube.

Ah! Thought you might've been watching it online!!
Last night there was a couple who's little boy died after 6 days though!! :( He had a diaphragmatic hernia.... It was so sad!!

Apparently there are people that say it's a bad program, cause it's wrong to see women in so much pain and see everything that happens... I think it's a great program and it helps a lot of people prepare for giving birth and kind of teaches you what to expect.

Okay, I have never seen this show! I'm heading over to youtube to check it out!

Just watched the intro to the show and I am already crying....omg...this is going to be a wild ride.

I have had to take a self-imposed break from OBEM as I now can't get through 5 minutes of the show without bawling my eyes out!! :blush:

It's even better when you're pregnant cause you know that'll be you soon enough (well, the bit holding your baby at least....considering the rest isn't really something to look forward to haha)

AFM the :witch: has arrived so my new cycle has now started....

Sorry about the witch, Eltjuh!

Seen a couple of episodes now. So far no tears, just wanting to get to that point. :haha:

I keep laughing because there have been several where the baby's crowning, and the nurses go "Oh, he's ginger!" and the mom goes "WHAT". :rofl:

I'm ginger, but my babies have no hope. DH has dark skin and hair, and I'm 1/4 Cherokee. So I'll never get to hear "It's a ginger!"

This is my 4th cycle ttc #1.....1dpo for now, we'll see what it brings. I also didn't really want a December baby, as DH's bday is the 21st, then Christmas, then my moms bday is the 29th......VERY expensive month. Plus, DH knows how sucky it is to have a bday so close to Christmas, as I'm sure you know how that feels as well. I have the same feeling as you......because of that, watch, I'll get pregnant this month. Which would be 100% fine of course.....but still. Although, now I feel like I may be getting my hopes up.....ahhhhhhn ttc is stressful!

Also, I have 5 friends that had babies in the past 6 months, playing and being around the little ones makes me want one soooooo much more. Oh, and just found out my cousin's pregnant. Went off the pill.....and BAM! I'm happy for her, but......it's a bit hard on me. I know 4 months is nothing in the grand scheme of things.....but since I've never been pg before, it's always in the back of my mind.......what if it doesn't happen?......what if it CAN'T happen? Anyone else go through that and find ways to ease their mind?

Sorry for the rant! Fx'd for all of us!!
I know what you mean. My husband has a birthday in January, and my youngest was born 4 days later. He always said that having a birthday near Christmas was crap, so we make an effort to make things differently for our daughter. We have even considered having a belated party in the summers for her. I am still TTC this month, even though it would end in a December baby, and next month I'll be TTC a January baby (if no prg this month). Dates don't stop me; I'm too desperate!

I can't miss a single opportunity; I'm not a huge believer in fat, but I worry that if I miss a month of TTC, perhaps we miss the baby that was "meant to be", or perhaps that was the only chance of pregnancy I had... I drive myself crazy with stuff like that.

It's even better when you're pregnant cause you know that'll be you soon enough (well, the bit holding your baby at least....considering the rest isn't really something to look forward to haha)

AFM the :witch: has arrived so my new cycle has now started....
Sorry Eltjuh :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"