The POAS Addiction Support Group

We're gonna go to see the doctor some time this week if we can... Hubby is going on a course this week though, but he'll be back in the evenings/afternoons so hopefully we can fit a doctor's visit in. Apparently it can take a while for sperm to go back to normal though even if he'd come off them!
But there should be some alternatives that don't affect them (as much).... Found this on a website about 1 of the ones he's taking:
Another recently discovered, little-known side effect of SSRIs is their significant impact on men’s fertility. SSRIs have been found to cut a man's sperm count as well as the normal shape and motility of their sperm by 50 percent. This effect can become evident by the first month after treatment and begins to have a major impact after just three months on an SSRI.
So that sounds pretty bad!!

But we'll have to wait and see what the doctor says. So there isn't a lot of hope for this cycle really... We're just a bit annoyed that the doctor knew that we were trying to conceive (granted he didn't know when he first prescribed the AD) and didn't tell us the effects it has on sperm! We knew about the ED side effects they can have cause that was mentioned in the leaflet and it happened to hubby but it seems to be better now.

Clynn, I think I can see something on the latest pictures you posted, mainly the bottom test!

Starting to feel better, am currently starving constantly though! No idea, I posted a pic for guesses on the sex, got 2 votes for each so who knows. Everyone I know including DH is convinced it's a girl, but I really don't know. They say faster hb means girl, and usually it is around 170, but I used my Doppler today and it came up at 130-140, so I'm confused lol. Getting anxious to find out though.

Good luck on SA Eltjuh, hopefully everything will come out okay!

Starting to feel better, am currently starving constantly though! No idea, I posted a pic for guesses on the sex, got 2 votes for each so who knows. Everyone I know including DH is convinced it's a girl, but I really don't know. They say faster hb means girl, and usually it is around 170, but I used my Doppler today and it came up at 130-140, so I'm confused lol. Getting anxious to find out though.

Oooh, I wanna guess!

Thanks! I have another scan Tuesday so hope they give me another pic to post.

I will be happy with either, but I know DH is so hopeful to have his little girl.

Everyone was really hoping for a boy. My DH and his two brothers are the last males to carry our last name. Neither of his brothers seem interested in having their own kids (which could change as time goes on, but as time goes on they both oddly seem less and less interested).
But I think it's good we are having a girl this time. I feel it will be good for my DD since there will be almost a 5 year gap between them. She was very vocal that she wanted to have a sister first. Then after that we are "allowed" to have a boy. Haha! I want 4 kids total so we'll have 2 more chances for our boy (tho DH keeps telling me we will try until we have a boy, but I'm weary about that one! :haha:)

Haha, that's so cute. Well, hopefully next time you will get your boy, since you have your daughter's permission and all. :haha:

Twiggers- sorry to hear about DH's testosterone- hopefully it is an easy fix and you will get your beautiful BFP soon.

Blackrain- I say girl! I guess we shall all see :)

And sorry ladies- I should have specified more- those were my OSOM evaps from last cycle! I took a FRER, thought I saw something but upon scrutinizing it i've decided it's just me wishing a line there :shrug: Oh well. It doesn't hurt as much to see a BFN as it did in the beginning- I had so much hope then, expecting to see two lines every time I tested. Now I only expect to see one, so I know i'm going to be in such shock when I finally see two. I ordered a pack of 50 wondfos about an hour ago- bring on the peeing! :)

So I found out the other day that DH's job wants to give him a promotion. Awesome news yeah....but it requires moving out of state to Georgia. The company will pay for us to move, he will get a base salary increase, and the bonuses would be amazing. We did the math, and he would more than likely make around 33,000 more a year. We make good money now, but of course you can do a lot with extra money. College funds, ect.

Here are the down falls... they want us to move in October. The month before the baby is due. I don't know what to do... I am afraid of so many things. I dont want to be away from family. I am afraid I will hate my DR that I find out there. I have to unpack an entire house before baby arrives. The kids would need to start a new school. There are so many variables that terrify me.

It is hard to say no to the money, I just want to be sure that we will all be happy. I dont want to feel overwhelmed, but at the same time I dont know when the next time is that DH will get an opportunity like this.

Ugh!! This is huge, and I dont know what to do!!

It does sound appealing, but it has to be what you want.

We emigrated 2000 miles in the February, because I'm not from here, I'm actually English. my daughter was born in the April. My OH didnt have a job to go to, so he helped me with the house (we had renovations to do aswell). Could you ask that he gets a week off to sort out the house? With other kids its hard to imagine you'll have the time to do it yourself. It's certainly doable though.

As for the doctor; could you go down there and meet with doctors beforehand? That's what we did; here we don't get a choice in doctors, and we have midwives, but we came over here a few months before the move and we introduced ourselves to the ward and had an appointment with the community midwife to discuss what would be happening. It made the whole thing much less scary

Okay, so he would be getting a 33K raise? That's like an entire second income!

If it was my family, we would take a long weekend (maybe Thursday-Sunday) down to see the area we would be relocating to. We would check out schools that different communities would be zoned for, and so on. Before leaving, I would look up all the doctors in the area and call to make meet-and-greet times with ones that have good ratings. I would make an appointment with a realtor to see houses up for sale in a couple of different neighborhoods.

That way we would be able to see the whole picture in what life would be like if we did go.

I moved about 5-6 (7 with traffic) hours away from my family, and see them maybe once per year. At first, it was kinda hard, but now I'm fine with it. I sometimes miss being able to take a day trip to see someone, but I also get away from the annoying parts of family too.

But I don't have kids yet, so that'll just have to be another part of the decision to make. That is a LOT of money to turn down, though!

Oh man! I wish we just had 1 33k income.... Didn't even have that when hubby was in the army!

But, I agree with the others, take some time to go and see the area, check out some schools and doctors and see whether you like it!
Don't worry too much about moving, I'm sure you have family and friends that could help, right?!

Ugh, temp fell today. I am positive I Oed a few days ago. However I am plugged up and I know I was mouth breathing all night. Ugh.

Allergy season. If my doc has me temp with the Clomid, I'll be temping vaginally for that very reason. I get stuffed up every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->