The POAS journey! Come join us!

I hate the blue dye ones I prefer pink lol.
Stacey that baby needs to stop teasing you and come out lol.

i know she is being mean ugh just like her mommy already lmao she better not even think about coming tomorrow my ana bear shares a birthday with my sister i dont want alice sharing a birthday with my brother :~/

Stacy- I hate all tests right now! They are confusing the heck outts me. yes the epidurals def take the edge off. Especially with the first. I just had a spinal tap done 6 months ago and Im never letting another doc touch my spine again! Thats the only reason why really. I think its very important to have it done with the first actually to avoid all the stress to the body.
Are you giving birth to a boy or girl? Are you doing any special positions to ease the contraction pain? Im so excited for you. Good luck! With my second I had extremly bad pre labor pain n contractions were small so I let them enduce me in the hospital. I think it was two hours later that I had he. Def in favor of that neat trick!

Guys! My baby girl is walking really good for the first time. Its the first time she took more than 3 steps. She is so cute right now. Im taking some videos!

i know she is being mean ugh just like her mommy already lmao she better not even think about coming tomorrow my ana bear shares a birthday with my sister i dont want alice sharing a birthday with my brother :~/

Lol. I will have 3 out of 4 of my kids with beats in April if this baby waits till then lol. I think I'm fertile in July only and maybe feb cause my oldest was born in November.

Stacy.. im still pregnant too >< Been tortured in early labor since tuesday. My plugs gone as well.. has been since wednesday, and still no baby >< Im having real strong painful contractions, but not regular enuff to be considered active labor.. so im just sitting around tortured. Ive walked a million miles (so it feels), DTD, bounced on my birthing ball, nipple stimulation, everything. Hubby even took me on an hr long drive this afternoon on every bumpy road in town...nothing still!!! Im being induced on the 19th but was hoping being 2 1/2cm dialated, 70% effaced, with no plug, and irregular strong contractions...that this kid would come out on his own b4 then.. but im startin to feel like im gonna be tortured like this for 9 more days >< Hubby keeps telling this boy to come out already but nope... he wont listen to him nor i nor anyone lol. Im so exhausted from trying to get this boy to come out that all ive done today is sleep.I dont know how im physicially gonna make it thru labor if this keeps up cuz im gonna be too exhausted to handle it or even push this boy out. Hopefulyl hubby comes home with another random idea to try lol Omg...totally forgot... hubby thought it was hillarious hitting bumps and swirving around and watching my bump sway and our son kick lol Our boy was like YEAH NICE TRY DAD... IM NOT LEAVIN HERE ITS WARM AND COMFY AND I GOT EVERYTHING I NEED!!! What a brat lol

You can try jumpping up and down lol. I took castor oil with my 2 baby and it work.

Castor oil hmmm never heard of that. Is that some sort of self enducing method?

Had anybody in here during the first or second month of pregnancy get pelvic pressure that made them have to pee more?

my2cuties~ I look forward to seeing your pink test. I'm really sorry but I see something on your test but it's so faint it's hard to make it out. I've heard of other women who just have slow rising hcg and I agree, you know your body better than anyone. I'm anxious for your dr. appt.

Amber~ I'm sure your baby bump will be standing out soon, then you can post belly pics!!! Yay!

Hi Gueyilla!

Nikki~ I didn't look at your chart today but I'm going there in a bit. Probably nothing exciting just yet, huh?

Stacey~ I hope she hurries for your sake. Maybe you should dedicate an entire day to resting so that your body will think you have nothing better to do than to have a baby. I'm sure you can make it through labor and delivery without the epidural. Your body was meant to do this, it knows how to do this and women have done this since the beginning of time. You are a strong woman and I'm sure you can do this. Just remember that if you get to that point that you really think that you can't take anymore that it's almost over. Then you can just think about taking and getting through one contraction at a time and know that each and every contraction you are one step closer to holding her.

waiting4bfp~ I am soooo sorry, I know you are anxious. You just never can tell can you? One of mine, I walked around for 2 weeks dilated to 3 and 90% effaced. The week before I was 75% effaced so that's 3 weeks. The day before my due date I called my midwife and told her that I felt like I was somehow turning off labor because I was too busy. I had to get this done or that done. She finally came overy and stirred me up and he was born on his due date. What's up with that? Your body is obviously ready, I'm glad your baby has waited a little because I wouldn't want him to be too early. Now you are past that 3 week mark, technically considered due, although 2 weeks still seems safer to me. You are so close. You should probably make it a point to rest as much as possible and eat well, it can't hurt to go into labor with the best resources that way. You know you won't be getting much sleep afterwards.

Wish I could help ladies, babies come when they're ready.

Hugs, night.

Thanx 10nottoomany. Took a dollar store test that came back neg but i really didnt hold my pee long enough to take it :) All of the tests with any sorts lines were when i held it forcat least an hour. Im saving another pinkie for the mornin. Will post then! Gnight!

my2cuties~ congrats on your LO walking, that is exciting. I love watching little ones walk or really learn anything new, it's so sweet and amazing and fun. Good night.

It is. I wish i could post the videos but my phone wont let me. She wobbles then puts her arms out and makes the funniest noise while shes keeping balance. Shes a late walker. Already 15 months. I blame it on the fact that my son is 5 and always so active around her so she gets scared.

Here is a cute pic of her eating the other day.

Attachments

• 20120303_154313.jpg
    20120303_154313.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 2
Here I what I got.

So you've reached 40 weeks of pregnancy and baby has not arrived. You had hoped to go in labor on your own and the idea of a medical induction does not appeal to you. Is there anything you can do? Castor oil has been used to induce labor for many years. Some midwives and doctors alike both use it. However, the number of doctors and midwives advocating its use is slim with the advent of modern medical interventions such as pitocin that is safer and more effective. While pitocin and a hospital induction is arguably safer, castor oil may still be a valid alternative for some women.

How do I know if castor oil will work for me?
If you are 40 weeks and showing signs of labor, castor oil may work for you. You will want your cervix to be soft and thinning. If you have begun to dilate and efface already, this will increase your chances of castor oil being effective at labor induction. You should not try castor oil if you have not reached your due date or have a high risk pregnancy. Castor oil almost always causes diarrhea. Its primary use is a stimulant laxative. It has an unpleasant taste and may cause nausea, vomiting, and abdominal cramping. If you do not wish to experience these symptoms, do not try castor oil. Before using castor oil you should consult your health care provider.

How does castor oil induce labor?
Castor oil is a laxative. It is believed that castor oil works to stimulate the bowels. It can lead to cramps and tightening of the muscles in the intestines. These cramps may spread to the uterus, tightening the uterine muscles and stimulating contractions. These contractions may or may not lead to the onset of active labor.

Castor oil and pregnancy:**Is it safe to use castor oil during pregnancy?
There are conflicting reports on the safety of castor oil. Some reports were shown to show a correlation between meconium in the amniotic fluid and castor oil. However, many others believe that it is more a co-occuring symptom of overdue babies. Castor oil is used most frequently in overdue pregnancies. Since overdue babies have an increased chance of having meconium in the amniotic fluid, many believe the overdue baby is the cause of the meconium and not the castor oil.

Is castor oil effective at inducing labor?
The verdict is still out on castor oil's effectiveness at inducing labor. Some women swear by it. Others feel it is nothing more than an old wives tale and pure coincidence for the women who do go in labor. There have been very few studies on castor oil as used for labor induction. Therefore, the long and short answer to this question is maybe.

How much castor oil do you use to induce labor?
Castor oil can be purchased at most drug stores in the laxative aisle. Opinions on how to use castor oil vary. Most midwives recommend using 2 ounces. You will likely want to mix it with something to make it taste more palatable. Castor oil has an unpleasant oily taste. If you use castor oil, you may want to try one of the following recipes.

Castor oil recipes
Castor oil and orange juice 2 oz castor oil 1 tsp baking soda 6 oz orange juice Castor oil milk shake 2 oz castor oil 2 or 2 scoops ice cream 1/4 cup milk blend in blender Castor oil shots 2 oz castor oil shot followed by sucking on a lime or lemon

Thanx for that info. Wow they even give you a recipe :) Thats cool. Wonder if it works faster then the stuff the doctors use to enduce. I believe that if its more natural its probably better for you than anything man can make. Probably stimulates the heart less then what they give you and that wiuld be a plus for me because I get really bad panic attacks after giving birth from my rapid heartbeat. Thanx again for the info.

I'm going to try it until I hit my due date. or atleat after April 1 I'm due the 7 lol

Stacy.. im still pregnant too >< Been tortured in early labor since tuesday. My plugs gone as well.. has been since wednesday, and still no baby >< Im having real strong painful contractions, but not regular enuff to be considered active labor.. so im just sitting around tortured. Ive walked a million miles (so it feels), DTD, bounced on my birthing ball, nipple stimulation, everything. Hubby even took me on an hr long drive this afternoon on every bumpy road in town...nothing still!!! Im being induced on the 19th but was hoping being 2 1/2cm dialated, 70% effaced, with no plug, and irregular strong contractions...that this kid would come out on his own b4 then.. but im startin to feel like im gonna be tortured like this for 9 more days >< Hubby keeps telling this boy to come out already but nope... he wont listen to him nor i nor anyone lol. Im so exhausted from trying to get this boy to come out that all ive done today is sleep.I dont know how im physicially gonna make it thru labor if this keeps up cuz im gonna be too exhausted to handle it or even push this boy out. Hopefulyl hubby comes home with another random idea to try lol Omg...totally forgot... hubby thought it was hillarious hitting bumps and swirving around and watching my bump sway and our son kick lol Our boy was like YEAH NICE TRY DAD... IM NOT LEAVIN HERE ITS WARM AND COMFY AND I GOT EVERYTHING I NEED!!! What a brat lol

dang hard headed babies lmao my hubby keeps telling her to stay put till the end of the week because he has plans to take next week off from work and he hopes she comes on st patricks day ugh

You can try jumpping up and down lol. I took castor oil with my 2 baby and it work.

my mom did the with her oldest son and it worked my sister and her friend did it to my sis was over due and her friend still had two weeks left and it worked for both of them they had their babies on the same day my cuz did it with her son and it didn't work it would be my luck i would get the poops from it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->