The struggle with infertility & God

Thank you so much! Words can not express how i m feeling! :cloud9:

I hate to sound a little on the slow side:blush: lol but is there a pregnancy journal on BAB or are you talking about a personal PG journal? lol!

Hi hun!

No worries. :) I spent enough time on BnB to know it inside out! :rofl:

There is a pregnancy journal session on BnB....Its under the pregnancy threads. You can click on my pregnancy journal link and you will get there too. :) Let me know if you need anymore help!

Dear Creerios

The book has arrived and I have started reading. Wow- it is amazing. I pray that the Holy Spirit will work in me and create in me too such a faith that can move mountains.

Thanks again for your inspiration. Hope you will have a pregnancy and childbirth without complications;)
A

Hey Amber!
Great to hear that you're enjoying the book! Its revolutionary, isn't it??? :)

Thanks for your well wishes. I'm trying to stay well. Have a bit of a hayfever right now. Not so nice. :( But I'm sure it will get better soon!

Don't even mention hay fever or I'll get it too;)
Yes the book is really revolutionary. I have never heard God's promises applied to this area of life before. It is completely new to me and I really feel challenged in my faith. But I so want to apply it. I so feel like the author who just longed so much to have children. I know all things are possible for God. I think, however, that I will have to read the book several times to really have the message become a part of me and that my conviction can really grow.
Thank you again,
Amber

Amber - Oh dear, are you also prone to hayfever?

I totally understand what you mean about having to read the book a couple of times to let the principles take root in your heart. The confessions and prayers at the back of the book are wayyy cool!!! :)

Dear C

I was just reading about the progesterone I am supposed to start taking at the end of this cycle and the list of side effects (some bad) was really long. Gosh I really just want to believe God for His promises as they are outlined in that book. I have just read the command of the body. It was a bit strange. I am not sure I can really muster such faith. I am thinking, in the book they talk a lot about their tape. I would really like to hear their talk. I think it could help me. Do you know if it is possible to get it somehow??? Am also planning to write to them and ask for their prayers. To bad that they only have a slow mail address in the end of the book.
Amber

hello girls,

is there anyone out there who was considered as infertile and still got preggo?
do you know if infertile women can get preggo or not?
i got a problem with low progesterone and medicine is not helping. can i still get preggo?

help me pease

Dear Isabel
There is certainly hope.
Any woman who has tried to conceive for a year without anything happening is considered infertile. That you are infertile now does not however, mean that you can't get help. What treatment are you currently receiving?
And since this is a faith based talk I recommend praying for a baby.
Amber

Dear C
I got the talk and downloaded it. I actually think the book is better than the talk but it still did me good to hear her telling her testimony.
Amber

Dear Isabel
There is certainly hope.
Any woman who has tried to conceive for a year without anything happening is considered infertile. That you are infertile now does not however, mean that you can't get help. What treatment are you currently receiving?
And since this is a faith based talk I recommend praying for a baby.
Amber

i do pray a lot and alot with my hubby... praying is a priority for me!!!! i do have faith and i believe very much in it.. Such things are only in Gods hands and only HIM have control over them not us... giving life to another human is a miracle and only GOD can make it possible!!!

i tried taking clomid but had severe side effects and stopped it. now i am on an alternative fertility drug called Femara. i took it for 5 cycles but nothing happened so far. i also took B6 vitamins, evening primrose but did not see any change in my mucus... now my doc prescribed me pregnyl injections. i have never heard of anyone taking them and i hope they dont cause any harm to me cause i am a bit worried about them.. have you heard of them?

thanks for your concern :hugs:

Isabel I am sorry to hear that you have tried different stuff and it did not work so far. May I ask what is your diagnosis? I have only been on clomid for two cycles and they had a bad effect on me. Now (more than a year later) I am on my first cycle with Femara (a low dose) and wonder if I will see a difference because of it. I have heard of others taking pregnyl but do not have any knowledge of it personally. And what about your fertility doctor? Have you got confidence in him/her because that is very important I think.

Cheerios, I tried to share with a few christians about the book and they are all quite sceptical. Tell me, do you believe it? Are you putting some of it into practise? Do you work to have faith in this for your own life? Do you know anyone who have actually told their body what to do, in Jesus name (really a challenge for me) I feel completely alone with the message of this book but I have started reading it again. I can't just put it away and pretend it did not happen to these people... I am wondering if it really is something for ME from God. I cried out to him today saying how hard it is to get the message pass my understanding. It just seems my brain is in the way and my body's constant signals of bad gynochological health does not help either. But then I heard a talk at a meeting today and the man who gave the little sermon gave one scripture only: Proverbs 2,5 which was exactly about trusting the Lord with your heart and not letting your own mind get in the way.
Please let me know what you think. You are the only person I have to talk to about this strange mind-blowing faith question.
Amber :muaha:

Isabel I am sorry to hear that you have tried different stuff and it did not work so far. May I ask what is your diagnosis? I have only been on clomid for two cycles and they had a bad effect on me. Now (more than a year later) I am on my first cycle with Femara (a low dose) and wonder if I will see a difference because of it. I have heard of others taking pregnyl but do not have any knowledge of it personally. And what about your fertility doctor? Have you got confidence in him/her because that is very important I think.

Cheerios, I tried to share with a few christians about the book and they are all quite sceptical. Tell me, do you believe it? Are you putting some of it into practise? Do you work to have faith in this for your own life? Do you know anyone who have actually told their body what to do, in Jesus name (really a challenge for me) I feel completely alone with the message of this book but I have started reading it again. I can't just put it away and pretend it did not happen to these people... I am wondering if it really is something for ME from God. I cried out to him today saying how hard it is to get the message pass my understanding. It just seems my brain is in the way and my body's constant signals of bad gynochological health does not help either. But then I heard a talk at a meeting today and the man who gave the little sermon gave one scripture only: Proverbs 2,5 which was exactly about trusting the Lord with your heart and not letting your own mind get in the way.
Please let me know what you think. You are the only person I have to talk to about this strange mind-blowing faith question.

hi amber, i have tried clomid but had to stop it immediately becasue had severe side effects. now i am on femara as well... but not seeing much difference... my doc increases dose everymonth so maybe my fertile mucus increase or is visible as i hardly see any... for this month i took 8femara of 2.5mg and 2 prednisone steroids to help femara work... i am really tired...and sad...

Isabel I already replied once but now I realized that for some reason it did not work.
I can certainly understand your feelings. Infertility is a roller coster ride with too many dissapointments.
Do you have a diagnosis? How much B6 vitamin are you taking? Because you need to take quite a lot that it makes a difference. Also I would suggest that you try D3 vitamin. I have been put on 2400 IU of that and have read about studies that showed that it has great benefits for women with ovulatory problems. It is also very cheap.
Besides that there is also diet. Here I am talking fertility diet. I can say from my own experience that it has had a great impact on me personally to diet. For a while I was on a low glycemic diet which means only eating food which are slowly absorbed in the blood sugar. You have to avoid all sugar as well as potatoes, boiled carrots, white bread and pasta and rice. You have to increase your intake of fat (mostly healthy fat) and protein. This kind of diet made a lot of hopeless cases into succes stories. I am quite sure I could really have been one of them only I am lacking the will power to diet like that.
Cheerios who started this page has recommended a book called: Supernatural Childbirth. I bought it and am now reading it for the second time. It really strenghtened my faith.
A

Dear C

I was just reading about the progesterone I am supposed to start taking at the end of this cycle and the list of side effects (some bad) was really long. Gosh I really just want to believe God for His promises as they are outlined in that book. I have just read the command of the body. It was a bit strange. I am not sure I can really muster such faith. I am thinking, in the book they talk a lot about their tape. I would really like to hear their talk. I think it could help me. Do you know if it is possible to get it somehow??? Am also planning to write to them and ask for their prayers. To bad that they only have a slow mail address in the end of the book.
Amber

Hey Amber
I took progesterone too at the end of my cycle for 2 cycles and got preggy on the 2nd cycle. I don't know if I needed it, but my FS decided to get me started on it anyway. Didn't have any side effects, so don't worry. Actually I haven't heard of many negative side effects from the ladies on BnB either. If you doc recommends it, you can just try it and pray that only positive side effects will come out of it.

And dear. I don't think you need to muster so much faith. You can start where you are at and ask God to bring you to the next level. We can't manufacture faith on our own. Only God can do that. Yeah, that's a bit sad with the snail mail address. I think its also because the book is old.

hello girls,

is there anyone out there who was considered as infertile and still got preggo?
do you know if infertile women can get preggo or not?
i got a problem with low progesterone and medicine is not helping. can i still get preggo?

help me pease

:hi: Isabel

I was a LTTCer once, took 1.5yrs to conceive my first baby. And firstly, you're not an infertile. I somehow find the term "infertile" a bit negatively conclusive, you know what I mean?

So that's why I refused to call myself one. I called my LTTC journal "Pris-soon-to-be-Mom journal"...kinna gave me more hope and perspective.

And yes, many women on LTTC journals have gotten preggy. So it IS possible even if it takes a while to get preggy. Don't lose hope.

I don't know much about progesterone, except to use pills or suppositories. Perhaps you can talk to your doc about it and seek a second opinion if you're not happy with doc's recommendations?

Hey Amber

Remember what the author said in her book? She said that she didn't tell anybody about her faith stance on the entire issue. Nobody other than her hubby, God and the devil. I found that pretty wise. Because you're bound to meet skeptics and you're going to have to use whatever faith you have to defend your stance. The faith that is already challenged to trust God for more.

But yeah, having said that, I have also spoken to a couple of friends about the book and I've had to make some defence of the book as well. Most of them though showed interest in the book and would want to read it...although none of them are TTCing at this point. Perhaps you can just gentle say, they can read it for themselves and come up with their own stance.

I'm just encouraged that supernatural childbirth seems to have had happened to quite a couple of ladies - whose testimonies are in the book. :thumbup: But I personally don't know anybody who's had painless childbirths yet.

Another option is also to get your hubby to read the book. And get him to support you. What the author also said is to reach for the stars - faith-wise and see how far your faith leads you.

I've been speaking to my body about pains and leg aches and so far they have been working! So that's encouraging. I still have my fair share of other pregnancy-related stuff like a stuffy nose and itchy throat - no thanks to hayfever, which I've NEVER had before but have it for the first time since I'm preggy.

Still, I want to praise God for baby steps in areas of healing. There's no right or wrong answer. But the author did use verses in the bible. And the testimonies also included those whose childbirths were not painless and they used epidural. Still, it was a smooth childbirth.

So yeah. Do not listen to skeptics. Read the bible verses. And ask the Holy Spirit to give you a level of conviction for where you are at and trust God for more!!!!

My mom died of cancer after a 3 year fight. I was of course discouraged in this area of healing. But this doesn't mean that God doesn't heal. I have heard people getting cured of cancer all over the place. So I wanna trust that whatever reason God took my mom home at the age of 47, He knows better than me. But I will still continue to pray and trust God for healing for myself and whoever I know who's sick -- you get the picture I'm trying to paint?

Ok, don't want to sound so long-winded. Lots of :hugs:

Isabel - I know how frustrating it is to try to figure out what's wrong. And why you're not getting preggy. You can take a look at my LTTC journey. On the first page, I wrote a summary of my journey. And I can safely say I didn't know I had sooo MANY issues! Me and hubby. But I'm confident that God knows your body better than the doctors. And He can definitely open the door for the doctors to find the right solution to get you preggy. Or God can make your preggy supernaturally too. Key is not to give up. Keep going. Keep believing.

You can listen to "Joel Osteen" online. He's one of the most encouraging and motivating pastors I know. And seriously his sermons helped me a LOT during my LTTC journey. I would listen to his sermons when I had a BFN or when I felt that I needed a spiritual uplift / boost.

i love your story and i am very happy for you. I am also glad that i have found someone who might be able to answer my question. I usd to be a very catholic woman and the word of god and mother mary were like air to me. I couldnt imagine not having the in my life, especially when my son was born. we tried for 2 years for him. Now i am in my 4th year of trying and i am still nowhere to close to providing another child to join our family. My faith is slowly disappearing. IF GOOD IS GOOD AND I HAVE TRIED TO LIVE A GOOD LIFE WITH HIM IN MY HEART, THEN WHY AM I SUFFERING STILL!!! please help if you can. Thank you and god bless you all.

I know the temptation to use your suffering as an excuse to grow bitter or loose your faith in God. I have been ttc for 4 years and I don´t have any child. If God has given you a child that is amazing. But keep your priority straight. God must be first in your life. I heard a good carismatic Catholic speaking last weekend. He is a german Priest. He was talking about how we need to live in adoration of God. Spend time with Him, go to Mass, read the Bible and other books that can strengthen your faith. Tell Him: I don´t know why I am suffering but I thank you for the good things that are coming out of that and I KNOW that YOU are good. Jesus I am yours! Kermy you know yourself where to go to be inspired to believe, go there. I know that it is hard.
Cheerios in here told us about a book called Supernatural Childbirth. It is cheap and you can get it on amazon. I think you seem about ready for this book and it is very inspiring.
Also, do you know about NaProTechnology. It is the best of the best fertility treatment and it happens to be catholic and availabe in Ireland.
I wish you all the best.
God Bless you
Amber

Kermy

Reading a certain beautiful passage in the Bible a few hours ago I thought I would send it to you.
It is: Psalm 37.4 :)

Best wishes,
Amber :coffee:

Isabel I already replied once but now I realized that for some reason it did not work.
I can certainly understand your feelings. Infertility is a roller coster ride with too many dissapointments.
Do you have a diagnosis? How much B6 vitamin are you taking? Because you need to take quite a lot that it makes a difference. Also I would suggest that you try D3 vitamin. I have been put on 2400 IU of that and have read about studies that showed that it has great benefits for women with ovulatory problems. It is also very cheap.
Besides that there is also diet. Here I am talking fertility diet. I can say from my own experience that it has had a great impact on me personally to diet. For a while I was on a low glycemic diet which means only eating food which are slowly absorbed in the blood sugar. You have to avoid all sugar as well as potatoes, boiled carrots, white bread and pasta and rice. You have to increase your intake of fat (mostly healthy fat) and protein. This kind of diet made a lot of hopeless cases into succes stories. I am quite sure I could really have been one of them only I am lacking the will power to diet like that.
Cheerios who started this page has recommended a book called: Supernatural Childbirth. I bought it and am now reading it for the second time. It really strenghtened my faith.
A

hi amber, my gynae adviced me to take B6 vitamins for 2 months and see if i see any differences but i didnt see any (got drier actually) and so i stopped them... i also took evening primrose oil for 2 months but still no difference...

i never checked about the fertility diet.... it sounds interesting and makes sense... in fact, i am a bit intollerant to gluten, corn, lactose, and some other foods. my doc told me to cut such foods for 2months and then introduce them little by little back again in my diet... but sometimes they irriatate my bowels and cause me an irritation in my vagina (sorry for the word)...

another thing, when i took the femara, i noticed some sharp pain in my lower abdominal and legs... i have to check with my doctor about these cause got me worried again...

i believe that such things are only in Gods Hands... He knows what He's doing so better leave things in His hands and just let go... Things will fall into place by themselves..

thanks a lot for your concern
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back