The struggle with infertility & God

i love your story and i am very happy for you. I am also glad that i have found someone who might be able to answer my question. I usd to be a very catholic woman and the word of god and mother mary were like air to me. I couldnt imagine not having the in my life, especially when my son was born. we tried for 2 years for him. Now i am in my 4th year of trying and i am still nowhere to close to providing another child to join our family. My faith is slowly disappearing. IF GOOD IS GOOD AND I HAVE TRIED TO LIVE A GOOD LIFE WITH HIM IN MY HEART, THEN WHY AM I SUFFERING STILL!!! please help if you can. Thank you and god bless you all.

:hi: Kermy!

Thanks for your comments.

I see that you have a son. Congrats!!!! :)

I'm sorry that you've been waiting so long to have your second baby. And dear, I have absolutely no answers about this whole conceiving issue. I don't know why its so easy for some women to conceive and give birth to 4/5 babies and some take forever with their first even.

All I know is that God is good. And His plans are perfect. And we may not understand all the "whys" on this side of eternity but we will eventually when we meet Him face to face.

I know of a pastor and his wife who took 10 yrs to conceive their first baby. They conceived their second within 2 years (I think) but lost the baby because of a miscarriage. And since then they haven't had any more babies.

They wrote their testimony on pdf form. If you want, I can send you their testimony (will ask them for their consent first).

We will all have suffering on this side of eternity because we're not living in heaven yet. Only in heaven will we have no pain and no tears. Suffering is part and parcel of the Christian life. Jesus suffered as a man too. He was crucified on the cross. But it was the fulfillment of God's plans.

I'm not saying, "Oh its God's plan for you to suffer". But that suffering is part of the world we live in because we live in a fallen world.

Do you go to a local church? Perhaps you can get the pastor to pray over you and your hubby? And it might be a good idea to have a close group of friends who you can confide in and pray for you too?

The one thing you can keep falling back on is that God is GOOD. And He has proven Himself with the son you have. I know its your desire to have more children. God knows your heart. Keep going back to the simple truth that you alreayd have a son. And with that truth, trust that God who has done that is capable of making it happen again. I don't know how long it will take, but know that God's timing is always perfect.

:hugs:

Dear C, Thank you no matter what happens. "Supernatural Childbirth" has strengthened my faith and made me fall more in love with the Word of God (the written one;) And I have read the book 3 times now in order to build up my faith so that I can receive. That is how they phrase it in the book and I am really keen on doing what I can. It is great to hear that your pain left when you spoke to your body. That is really amazing.
Keep me updated.

Isabel
About the pain you felt, both times when I was on hormones I had ovulation pain. Maybe it means that you have more or too much activity in your ovaries because I had more eggs released in stead of just one and one became a cyst which I also felt.
I wish you all the best and hope that your doctor will be able to find out what you need.
Amber

Dear C, Thank you no matter what happens. "Supernatural Childbirth" has strengthened my faith and made me fall more in love with the Word of God (the written one;) And I have read the book 3 times now in order to build up my faith so that I can receive. That is how they phrase it in the book and I am really keen on doing what I can. It is great to hear that your pain left when you spoke to your body. That is really amazing.
Keep me updated.

Amber

Hey Amber
Wow, you're such an inspiration! 3 times!!! I have only read it once!!!! Awesome that your faith has built up and you're more in love with the word of God. I don't know if you have heard of the ESV Bible - English Study version. Its a superbly comprehensive bible with lots of commentaries, maps and background info. on the bible. I'm using it currently and have recently started on 1st Cor. Awesome. So much to digest and it really makes the bible come alive. Worth taking a look at, since you also expressed interest in studying the word of God.

Yeah! The pain in my legs are gone. Can really walk normally now. That's awesome! I'm still trusting God to heal me of my over-sensitive respiratory system since the hayfever season started. Will keep you posted!

How are you holding up?

I think I never before read a book this thoughoughly. I just have decided to conform my mind to the Word of God as they say in the book. I have been looking up the Bible passages that are quoted in the book and they are so inspiring. I thought some days ago that my mind is really in the way, my rationalistic brain I mean, and then through another person God gave me a Scripture passage from Proverbs 2:5 which basically says you should not rely on your mind but trust in the Lord. I just feel that He has encouraged me so much about this. I was just in adoration in Church and when I am with Him in Church or reading the Bible I feel that I CAN BELIEVE it. So I want to do that a lot. Yesterday my sister said to me: "I want my old sister back instead of this Bible-quoting person" ;) (Afterwards we prayed together and it was great.) I am sorry about your mother. I have a colleague at work who was diagnosed with probably teminal cancer in the stomac. It looked really bad. In an email we were all encouraged to pray. (my work place is christian) I did not pray because I thought I don't know who she is. Some days later I got an email that said that the doctors had stood in amazement around her bed. All the cancer was gone.
I heard about a neighbour of mine who gave birth a few days ago that it only took an hour. I wondered if she might have read our book;)
I will keep you updated
Thank you for your inspiration
A
PS Thank you for the tip but I am not a native english speaker. My Bible is danish:)

Hey Amber

Wow, I'm very encouraged by your testimony too! Wow!!! And you have a sister too? Is she younger or older than you? I have an older sister and she basically said a similar thing to me when I was 18 and became serious in my faith and relationship with God. We couldn't really click on various issues because I looked at things according to how God sees it and that basically didn't sit well with her, even though she's Christian too.

But yeah, knowing God truly for who He is and experiencing the fullness of life that Jesus came to give, that's really the best thing in the world. I hope you continue to taste and see that the Lord is GOOD! He loves you, He sees your desires and He is a rewarder of faith!

Amazing testimony of the lady who got cured of cancer! Wow. My mom had stomach cancer too. For the fact that you're not a native English speaker, your English is awesome! You'll definitely have no problems understanding the ESV Bible. :)

Your thread brought me to tears because I know God and I know how powerful He is. He has done many great things for us and will continue to do so. His timing is perfect. You have lifted my spirits and further reminded me that there is a reason why these things happen and it is because God has a plan. It makes me so happy to know that God has blessed you with your own. I know he will bless us in time. Thanks again. :)

Your thread brought me to tears because I know God and I know how powerful He is. He has done many great things for us and will continue to do so. His timing is perfect. You have lifted my spirits and further reminded me that there is a reason why these things happen and it is because God has a plan. It makes me so happy to know that God has blessed you with your own. I know he will bless us in time. Thanks again. :)

Hey shanmuffin!

Thanks for your lovely message! :) Its so great that you have experienced God in a deep and personal way. And its so important to remind yourself of who He is. Yeah. God sees your heart and He is able and willing to answer your prayers. Trust in His timing! :)

Amen!!
Thank you for sharing that. I'm also a fellow Christian and that meant alot to me.
Congratulations and god bless that the remainder weeks of pregnancy go well for you.

Thanks.

Amen!!
Thank you for sharing that. I'm also a fellow Christian and that meant alot to me.
Congratulations and god bless that the remainder weeks of pregnancy go well for you.

Thanks.

:hi: Pusskins!!!

So nice to know that you were encouraged by this thread! Thanks for your well wishes and God bless you in your TTC journey too!!! I also had ovulation issues and clomid did the trick for me. And of course lots of prayers too!

My faith build so much fromhearing stories like yours. I am so BLESSED and happy to announce that i got a BFP yesterday at 14 dpo! Praise the Lord. Words can not express how happy and blessed i am feeling! Thank you for your encouragement once again!:hugs:

Hey!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! :flower::happydance::happydance::happydance::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

What awesome news!!!! Praise God!!!! This is amazing!!!! :) Are you going to start a PG journal then????

I know i am replying late but i justnow figured out the whole Pregnancy Journal thing. LOl! To answer your question now that i found the journals, Yes mam i started one yesterday. Sorry 'm so late in replying. I ran across your journal and im glad to read that things are going good for you!

I know i am replying late but i justnow figured out the whole Pregnancy Journal thing. LOl! To answer your question now that i found the journals, Yes mam i started one yesterday. Sorry 'm so late in replying. I ran across your journal and im glad to read that things are going good for you!

Hey dear!

Nice to know that you have started a PG journal. Where is it???

Thanks hun. I think overall my pregnancy is pretty smooth but I'm suffering from hayfever allergies right now and that's totally robbing my joy!!!! Feel so stuffed up and miserable all the time!!! Really praying that God will break through for me, cos I don't want to be dreading this hayfever anymore!

Hey dear!

Nice to know that you have started a PG journal. Where is it???

Thanks hun. I think overall my pregnancy is pretty smooth but I'm suffering from hayfever allergies right now and that's totally robbing my joy!!!! Feel so stuffed up and miserable all the time!!! Really praying that God will break through for me, cos I don't want to be dreading this hayfever anymore!

Its with the other journals but I think it'll be on the second page. You should see my name. Or if u look in my profile in my statistics u can find it there. I'm glad your pregnancy is going good. I hope u get to feeling better with the heyfever. God will send u a break through. Just keep your faith.

This was a beautiful story to read and very inspiring!! I've been trying 27 months and it seems like no end in site. But lately I've turned to God, and your story gives me hope that this can be me, too! Thank You for sharing...and congratulations on your little one!!

This was a beautiful story to read and very inspiring!! I've been trying 27 months and it seems like no end in site. But lately I've turned to God, and your story gives me hope that this can be me, too! Thank You for sharing...and congratulations on your little one!!

Hey prayingforbfp

Thanks! I'm glad that you felt inspired by my testimony. Yes, I believe that when we "seek God first, all these things will be added unto us". So yeah, do keep up your faith, trust that God knows best and He knows the deepest desires in our hearts.

27mths must have felt like an eternity! I hope that your waiting will see its end real soon!!!! God bless.

Thanks cheerios a lot for your story..so inspiring :flower:..
but I just wanted to ask you.."how did you keep your faith with God so strong though this lttc??
I have been trying for a year and a half too now..and I strongly believe in God don't get me wrong..I mean I've been taught that without my faith I got nothing in life..but with this ttc..I lost so many things other than my happiness..I lost lots of my dear friends just because they got pregnant ( I stopped contacting them)..and my faith got a little weaker..and that is killing me but I can't help it..I'm suffering each day because of this ttc..its like my spirit is aching a lot each time I see a pregnant women passing by or a mother holding her child..and just like someone said here before that if I ever got pregnant I still would be jealous and hurt coz I got through a lot while others didn't..

Hello girls...

My period is to come in 5 or 6 days. I did an early pregnancy test this morning and on the instructions it says that if there is a really faint line, it means that you are pregnant. I tried the test this morning and there is a really faint pink line but not all the way...its just a little – short line... dont know if i explained well.... what do you think girls??????????

Congratulations cheerios :) I have never read the ltttc success stories, but needed an uplift and your story was the first thread! I believe theres a reason for that! I am in grafenwohr germany, and other than my husband I feel very alone in this. My sister and mother sometimes treat my infertility like its an inconvience. They don't want to hear it or something..I don't know its weird. Just thank you so much for this story, your story! It was very uplifting :) God bless you and your family!

Last night at around midnight, I snuck out of my bedroom, and sat in the dark living room and just prayed. Along with many tears, I prayed that God would just heal my heart ache. That this pain and confusion would go away! See, yesterday, I had a bad day. I was just sick of seeing pregnant women everywhere! So basically, I stayed home. I didn't go anywhere. I had a miscarriage in January, so by now, I was supposed to be one of the Huge waddling women walking around complaining about how many times they have to get up at night to go pee. But seeing them now, just breaks my heart. I couldn't deal with it yesterday, (Not sure if I really can today yet either) But I just prayed. I prayed for a baby girl that looks just like me. Luckily I'm blessed with a Son that looks just like his Daddy, so I wouldn't mind my own little twin. But then I started Praying for something to just take this anger away, to take away this depression! This morning I woke up, and the first thing I read was my Daily Bible Verse on my Phone (I downloaded an app.) And it said "Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in Turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise Him, my salvation and my God." Psalm 42:11

So that really spoke to me. Then I signed onto facebook, and One of the first things I read there, was from a group I had joined called "I want a Godly Marriage" and it said -
‎"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" (Jeremiah 29:11).

Right then I knew God was answering my prayer when I asked if he could just speak to me. Just give me guidance. If I was doing something wrong, let me know so that I could change it and recieve my baby.

I guess basically, I'm not doing anything wrong. I just need to be patient.

So then I signed on to B&B and came across this. I haven't come into the LTTC section for quite some time, and of course I found your Story. It's very inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing. I know you've heard that a lot, but I felt like it needed to be said at least one more time. Congratulations on your pregnancy! I bet you're very excited.

And yes, I know that 1.5 years can be a LONG time when TTC! I'm coming up on 2 years. It feels like a life time! At 1.5 years, I got pregnant, but then lost it. I miss my baby, and I was very mad at God when that happened, but months later, I came to realize that had I not lost my baby, I wouldn't be this close with God now. I actually ended up getting Baptized and Re-Recieving the Holy Spirit. I also found a great Church and started going. So I believe my baby gave up their life, to Save mine. It makes me tear up thinking about that. But I feel blessed. I know God's timing is the best, its just so hard.

Anyways, sorry for such a long post... And thank you again for your story.

Thanks cheerios a lot for your story..so inspiring :flower:..
but I just wanted to ask you.."how did you keep your faith with God so strong though this lttc??
I have been trying for a year and a half too now..and I strongly believe in God don't get me wrong..I mean I've been taught that without my faith I got nothing in life..but with this ttc..I lost so many things other than my happiness..I lost lots of my dear friends just because they got pregnant ( I stopped contacting them)..and my faith got a little weaker..and that is killing me but I can't help it..I'm suffering each day because of this ttc..its like my spirit is aching a lot each time I see a pregnant women passing by or a mother holding her child..and just like someone said here before that if I ever got pregnant I still would be jealous and hurt coz I got through a lot while others didn't..

Hey pumpkin86

Thanks for your lovely message. I'm so sorry that it took me a while to reply. I wanted to sit down properly and send a proper reply and not some quick generic reply.

Firstly, I want to tell you that I feel your pain. Its really tough struggling with questions for which there are simply no answers on this side of eternity. And its even tougher when you have friends who get preggy easily, cos while you're happy for them, inside you're suffering from the pain of having to wait or not knowing if it will ever happen for you.

I really don't know how I survived my 1.5yrs of TTCing. Really. I think it was a time when I really struggled with God but grew so much deeper in my relationship with Him. I would read the bible and just cry out to God. I never got any answers but His peace and reassurance that it WILL happen for us and we just had to be patient and He knew what He was doing. You can take a look at my LTTC journal if you wanna see how the waiting time was for me.

And I would cling on to Bible verses that spoke of the barren woman conceiving....Hannah's story really touched my heart. And oh yeah, I shared with my very close girlfriends, who kept me in prayer too. One of them just gave birth to her second child and I remember when I heard that she was preggy the second time, my heart was so sad. But then I remembered that she was praying for me too, so I felt comforted - if you know what I mean.

Do you have a strong church support / prayer group? Its really a tough time doing this LTTCing and you'd need all the support you can get. I shared about my struggles with my church leader too.

All I can say is when I look back, I know that my baby was conceived at the exact right time and its perfect cos even my DH can stay at home for 1 mth in between jobs so that he can help me with the baby. And baby was a Christmas and birthday :bfp: so that's even doubly more "romantic".

Oh and I listened to joel osteen a lot too. His messages are very encouraging.

Congratulations cheerios :) I have never read the ltttc success stories, but needed an uplift and your story was the first thread! I believe theres a reason for that! I am in grafenwohr germany, and other than my husband I feel very alone in this. My sister and mother sometimes treat my infertility like its an inconvience. They don't want to hear it or something..I don't know its weird. Just thank you so much for this story, your story! It was very uplifting :) God bless you and your family!

Hey MegnJoe

Thanks for your lovely reply. Are you German? I don't meet many Germans here, even though I live in Germany myself.

How are you doing? I'm glad to hear that my story has been encouraging to you. God is the ultimate encourager for any situation that we're going through.

Sorry to hear that your family isn't very supportive of your own TTCing issue. That's not nice at all. TBH, my family was very indifferent too. Only my Dad would keep me in his prayers. I doubt that my sis or my 2 bros even thought twice of me TTCing even though I did tell them about it.

I would, if I were in your shoes, try to get church / prayer support. Meet up with people to pray through issues and be encouraged in the word of God. Really. Many times when I felt so down, I would read a verse / verses in the Bible and feel totally lifted up in my spirits. Like "Wow God, that's exactly what I needed to hear". God knows your exact need, I pray that you'll continue to place your faith, hope and trust in Him. :)

And of course, I met many amazing ladies on BnB who encouraged me along the way too. So really thank God for these women even though I haven't met them in real life!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->