• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The super hot vintage ladies 2WW thread!

Well I was way off, but I remember lentils now, lol.. Thanks Indigo and I still might try this recipe on the weekend it sounds good :)

Lentils are in the legume family....They are a pulse...
Do you ever cook with kidney, navy or pinto beans?

They are high in protein and fiber....quite filling and satisfying....and yummy...

If you guys make this recipe and want more of a soup and less of a stew...add more liquid to it; I also like to keep the squash fairly large, so it doesn't turn too mushy.

It's good with feta too; but, if you can find it, I like a French feta bc I prefer it cubed, not crumbled. :thumbup:

I find French feta a little firmer than the Greek feta I can get here.

Yep, I do cook with navy, kidney and pinto and I'm sure I've used lentils in the past, DH and DD refuse to eat beans:wacko: So this sort of recipe will be for DS and myself and sounds great.

I think I'll make it on the thick side, I might go out later to get the stuff and make this tomorrow. I'm the only one that eats very little meat so recipes like this sound very good. I don't mind chicken and fish but red meat I don't care for

I am the only one in my family who will eat this stuff...I make it and take it to work with me for lunch.

DH will eat it if I make some chicken with it, but normally I don't...he can suck it, lol

Yep, I do cook with navy, kidney and pinto and I'm sure I've used lentils in the past, DH and DD refuse to eat beans:wacko: So this sort of recipe will be for DS and myself and sounds great.

It's not a very bean-esque legume...They might go for it...

I need to join this non-SS 2ww thread too... although mine is more like a 1.5ww :D

I am happy to be called super hot, but not so much 'mature' :nope::growlmad:

:dust: for us all anyway...........

Yeah....vintage sounds cooler than mature...I pulled down my hubby's pants today.... :blush:....'mature' would not apply to most of us... :haha:

Hi all

Those recipes sound yummy. Except anything involving kidney beans, they are the devil's food :devil:

I've been doing loads of cooking since we started slimming world, there's a lot of recipes and most of them are fab so far (although most could be improved by a generous dollop of butter...)

I need to join this non-SS 2ww thread too... although mine is more like a 1.5ww :D

I am happy to be called super hot, but not so much 'mature' :nope::growlmad:

:dust: for us all anyway...........

Yeah I didn't like the mature bit but couldn't think of anything else - vintage would be better! Anyway, I suppose I thought 'more mature' than the 2WWers over---->there....*shudder*.

I'm now 3DPO today as FF updated my chart. And that's all I have to say on that subject.

Thought I'd share my sausages in caramelised onion gravy recipe with y'all. It was delicious, and you know sometimes sausage skins can be really tough? Doesn't happen with the wonder of the slow cooker. Awesome.

6 good quality sausages (I've used toulouse and beef and cracked black pepper but any flavour will do)
2 red onions
2 teaspoons light brown sugar
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp tomato paste
3/4 pint of beef stock
salt and pepper

1. Brown sausages in frying pan and put in crock pot (on low)
2. Fry onions till soft, add sugar and fry for about 5 mins.
3. Add flour, stock, tom paste and salt and pepper. Bring to boil.
4. Pour over sausages and cook for 6-7 hours on low.

Nom nom. I'm gonna give these slow cooker recipes on here a go!
Also got one for ham in cola. I'll have to look that one up though.

6 good quality sausages (I've used toulouse and beef and cracked black pepper but any flavour will do)
2 red onions
2 teaspoons light brown sugar
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp tomato paste
3/4 pint of beef stock
salt and pepper

:munch:

Anytime. :D

In other news, this thread is making me HUNGRY. I'm perusing tastespotting and various food blogs for dinner ideas.

I caved in and bought a moussaka from M&S, will promise to dust my slow cooker off next week.....honest!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->