the thread of sharing good news - off topic!

Ok I havn't posted in here before but I have some really good news that I'm very excited about. I hope it does not bother anyone but here goes....

As most of you know I've wanted a really big family which is not really possible on my own anymore however, I have also always wanted to adopt. I have my first appointment tomorrow with my caseworker as my beginning stuff is finished! :happydance: Oh that means I am on the second stage of the adoption process. :happydance:

Don't get me wrong I'm still TTC but I'm just doing both...

Milty that is wonderful news! :happydance: Congrats and please keep us updated on how it goes.

AFM, it is my 6 month wedding anniversary. I was alone for 13 years before I met him and now I can't imagine life without him. :dance:

:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

Milty, this is wonderful news! :hugs: DH and I have been close, several times, to starting the adoption process.

I am adopted and I personally think it doesn't get much better than this.:hugs:

Milty, that's awesome!

What good news.
Is this domestic or international adoption?

I've always wanted to but the long waits and $ somewhat scared me away...

I've always thought I would do international but this is domestic

I am afraid that an agency will hate my family.:blush::cry:

And, though it's not the norm, I would prefer a closed adoption. It's just my personal experience and I am manifesting from my own childhood, being adopted.:wacko:

Oh we want a closed as well... Our hope is our first adoptee will be a todler

Milty that's lovely, lovely news :hugs:. Hope everything goes well with your caseworker tomorrow.

M2B congratulations! :hugs:

Cool news Milty! I have always wanted to adopt, but Oh doesn´t want to go through the process, it is very intrusive and as we don´t make much money he is sure they won´t accept us. I keep trying though.
I hope it all goes quickly for you, so exciting!
My good news is I sold some of the jewelry I made at the weekend, not much but a bit and enough to make me glad I made it.

Wow, that's great nats! Do you have any pictures of your jewellery? If it's anything like your sculptures it'll be stunning :hugs:.

Great news Milty!

I think adoption is a great think to do, unfortunately here in the UK the system is such that it is almost impossible, only 60 babies were adopted in the whole country last year (population approx 65 million). Even for those that can privately adopt from abroad still have to go through the UK social work screening process which can take 4 years +.

Great news Milty!

I think adoption is a great think to do, unfortunately here in the UK the system is such that it is almost impossible, only 60 babies were adopted in the whole country last year (population approx 65 million). Even for those that can privately adopt from abroad still have to go through the UK social work screening process which can take 4 years +.

:nope::nope::nope::nope:

wow ouch

Nats: I didn't know you made jewelry ...I agree post pic's if you have them

OMG Milty, That is great news!!:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I would love to adopt as well, but the process is so long and the girls say that it makes it difficult :cry:

Apologies for my ignorance but what is a closed adoption?

My good news today is that my OH is in a good mood :happydance::xmas13::xmas13: As some of you know that does not happen very often lately! :winkwink:

Closed adoption means all of the records are sealed and there is no relationship with the birth family. This is how mine was done and for me, ot's been best.:hugs:

Thanks Dmom, It is good to know, I would prefer it like that as well.
It is good to have in mind if I decide to start the process of adoption. I would love to, it is just getting over the fear the long process. I am probably just scared of being turned down.

Thanks Dmom, It is good to know, I would prefer it like that as well.
It is good to have in mind if I decide to start the process of adoption. I would love to, it is just getting over the fear the long process. I am probably just scared of being turned down.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Sus, there are a lot of experts who will tell you that an open adoption is better for the child, in the long-run, and it might be true...it really is a matter of what works best for you and your family. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->