The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

hi ladies, im sorry AF came rachy, :hugs::hugs:

im feeling on a real downer about it all today mainly IF and WHEN its going to happen :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: its just finances really we havent saved a penny up yet, we just cant do it, until DP gets a job over here,

i keep putting the lottery on and wishing but thats not going to get me anywhere,

how much did you put away a month rachy towards yours when you started saving? id love to put away 500 a month but we just cannot do it, if we could that would give us the money in less than 6 months

id just rather get the op over sooner rather than later for him, and pray its a success, and then we KNOW its been done. Then we will wtt and ttc when we ready.

Im also having issues with my AF thats started all of a sudden, since november ive been spotting 4-5 days pre af then 4 days full blown af, and really painful(sorry tmi) then beginniing of jan i came on day 28 as normal no spotting so thought it was a one off, then this month ive spotted again 4 days then 4 days proper AF :( :( :( came on spotting on day 24 :(

im going to docs but im worried somethings goiing haywirre with my cycles, again worries me about my age and when we are actually gonna ttc

sorry for going on its just a big huge thing for me, i desperately want to know we are gonna be blessed with a baby together with my man i just wish we didnt have to go through this:cry::cry::cry::cry: just on a downer about it today :( :( :(

Approx £300 per month depending on how our finances were looking, some months would be more and some less, I just gave myself a target date and worked it all out by then.

Ive just posted the results of our latest sa prior to your post, not good news for us but as with anything, what happens with one doesn't necessarily mean it will happen with another x

Awh, Rachy - so it's all the anti-bodies, then...big hugs, girl...

I'm so sorry that ICSI will be your only option - but it IS an option! And your hubby will be able to provide a fresh sample all the time, so they won't have to do a surgery to take samples from him, that's one big plus!

I am here to answer any questions you have about the IVF process, please don't hesitate to ask me any question at all! Our plan is to do IVF/ICSI again for baby #2, just because our counts are so, so low.

Big hugs, I know it's tough to transition to IVF land...

Thanks hun, to be honest we did expect some level of antibodies just not 100%, we always held out hope that his first sa was just a fluke but I guess now we can relax a little, ive heard dtd more than once a day can help lower antibody percentages but its not such a good idea with a borderline count. I don't mind having to do icsi but I just would have preferred natural. Its just not sinking in despite it starring us in the face. Do I continue trying, I dont know?? X

Thanks hun, to be honest we did expect some level of antibodies just not 100%, we always held out hope that his first sa was just a fluke but I guess now we can relax a little, ive heard dtd more than once a day can help lower antibody percentages but its not such a good idea with a borderline count. I don't mind having to do icsi but I just would have preferred natural. Its just not sinking in despite it starring us in the face. Do I continue trying, I dont know?? X

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: im so sorry you have had this news hun :( :(

i would continue trying, theres always hope hun, whilst saving for Icsi if thats what you want to do, and like rdleeda said it IS an option :hugs::hugs: but just to give you a bit of hope, im sorry if its been mentioned or anything but is DH on any vitamins like wellman or fertilaid? my friends partner was diagnosed totally infertile and had azoospermia, he was diagnosed with no sperm at all after they ttc for 3 years, the consultant put him on that and within 3 months she was preg. its worth a try hun, :hugs: :hugs:

hey ladies :hugs:

Sorry to hear things arent great at the min, rachy im so sorry to hear about hubbys SA results, but all is not lost with the other options available to you with icsi. I dont know much about it so im not the best person for help on that one, but i do wish you all the best of luck....for your sanity, i would ntnp, as you never know, hubby may have the odd one slip through. I did read somewhere that a sample can change day to day, sample to sample...so if he did another one 2moro, it would be different again, maybe not massively but different....oh i know, it was a bloke on here, he commented on a thread i posted about sa results....hew as a donor and said he went one week to give a sample and he one the following week was completely different :shrug: il try and find it :thumbup: but i do wish you lots of luck hunny xxxx

Jen, he's been taking Wellman conception and 2000mg vit c since his first SA in june, its made no difference, its worse, the only improvement was the motility.

Live_in_hope, I have a genetic condition, Familial Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, both of my children have inherited it from me so this means we are eligible for funding for 3 cycles of pre implantation genetic diagnosis with icsi. We fit the criteria with the exception of my bmi, it needs to be between 19 and 30 for funding but mine is only 18.2 so I need to gain another 7lbs to reach 19. I use another forum where women are going through pgd at Guys in London and they are helping alot. There doesn't seem to be anyone on b&b going through this. Having thought about it, maybe we should keep trying, miracles can happen I guess x

oh i see, ive not heard of that! What is it exactly (if you dont mind me asking?) but that is good you are eligable for funding :thumbup: will you find it hard to gain 7lbs? Wish i had that problem :haha: im the smallest ive been for a long time but i do have to watch things :blush: im glad you're finding lots of help from people, even it is on another forum....why dont you set something up on here? Thats what i did with this thread? There were little bits of threads here and there about VRs, but nothing central so the VR WaGs was born :thumbup: worth a try i guess x

They fertilise my eggs then when (if) they get to day 5 blastocyst they extract a few cells from the embryo and test it for my faulty gene, they freeze unaffected embryos for transfer on a natural cycle. There's a 50/50 chance of passing on my mutation and pgd ensures I get a healthy child. My condition is basically sudden death syndrome, my daughter is about to undergo open heart surgery :(

2 weeks ago I was only 7st12lbs and now im 8st4lbs, so I think I can just about manage it. Ive always been slim and its never affected my fertility but for pgd there's a cut off.

I did start a thread in the assisted conception section but ive had no replys, ive had 1 message but that's it :(

Dh didnt want to do it as we can only get it done at Guys and he doesn't want to go to London. We live near Newcastle so its quite a journey. With the results he got today he's now very for it. X

oh my goodness! :shock: that must be difficult to live with, is it managed medically or are there just certain things to do/avoid? Sorry, im just curious :blush: your poor daughter, how scary, how old is she? Have you had to have surgery? Xx

Symptoms can be managed with beta blockers, exercise or contact sports is a no and anything that gets adrenalin going. Ive had heart surgery but I had mine done with wires through my veins. I also have an implanted cardioverter defibrillator due to high risk sudden cardiac arrest. My lil one is 7 and she's very brave, she's watched me go through it all so its almost as though she expected it, like its the norm. Luckily my son is currently fine and not showing any signs of the condition so with him its just watchful waiting x

wow, but kids are great and so adaptable and to them it is the norm, its great she takes it all in her stride :thumbup: xx

sending big hugs rachy im sorry you are having to go through this :( :( :hugs: :hugs: i hope you can get sorted, so brave :hugs: xxxx

Just an update.... its been a hectic few weeks, my dd was rushed to hospital from school on the last day of term. I was terrified when the headteacher told me he'd rang an ambulance, thankfully she's ok, oxygen levels were a bit low so she was kept in hospital overnight. She has an appointment next week to discuss her imminent surgery.

On a more positive note, we got our first appointment through for pgd in April. We're excited but nervous at the same time. Praying hard for funding to be granted x

ohm y goodness, how frightening! Im glad shes ok! Does she have a 1:1 at school?

Yay for getting your appointment through!

We have a care plan in place so the school knows what to do and when. I was terrified almost to the point that I needed treatment, felt like I was having a panic attack.

Ive just asked about funding and apparently funding for 3 cycles is immediately granted if we fit criteria and we do :happydance: I still wont believe it until we start stimming tho :)

Rachy, so thankful your DD is alright! Must have been scary!

So awesome you'll be stimming soon!

It takes anywhere from 4-9 months to identify the faulty gene and make the probes for pgd, so we still have a wait until we can actually start our cycles. A good thing about nhs funded pgd is a cycle is classed as 1 round even if you manage to freeze a few eggs and have multiple FET, round 2 would be second round of stimming and so on x

aw that is great! Wishing you the best of luck :thumbup: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->