The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Rachy - yay for approved funding!!!

Thanks!
They've taken mine and dh's bloods for the genetic workup, I need to arrange a sample from my children to be sent to the clinic too so they can do the "linkage" bit. This bit takes upto 9 months :wacko:
Im so relieved and excited :happydance:

I am so so releived to find this thread. searched Vasectomy on here and came up with nothing.

Myself and hubby have 3 boys, just turned 6, about to turn 3 and 20 months. After our last sons traumatic birth, hubby went for a reversal, was never offered any counceling, Reid was a matter of weeks old, he had colic, i had exhaustion and the whole process took a matter of weeks.

Now we bitterly regret it and dont know where to start what with needing 2000 pounds plus and not knowing what surgeon to go to. With the vasectomy being less than 20 months ago im praying we have a good chance. can you give me any advice? i feel so desperate and alone. Is there a type of vasectomy that makes the reversal less succesful? Do we stand a really good chance or not? i believe hubby tubes where burnt? please help xxx

Also does anyone know how long we should expect to wait once we have the money to go ahead? is it a long waiting list with a good surgeon? can you recomend a surgeon? xx

hey :wave: you've come to the right place! :thumbup: there are a lot of good surgeons about, i would definitely recommend dr duncan harriss. We saw him in nottingham. My hubby had his reversed by him 8years after his vasectomy, his were also burnt/lasered too. Hubby also had scar tissue on one testicle after an accident and dr harriss wondered if he would be able to re-attach both sides because of this but he did and we conceived within 3 months :thumbs:. You have every chance of it being a success :thumbup:

As for waiting, we phoned in the aug and booked him in for mid sept :thumbup: we had our consultation on the day and it was included in the price. It was 1890 or something very close, under 2000 thats for sure.

Wishing you the best of luck :thumbup: keep us posted xxxxx

Well i think it must be fate that Dr Hariss is the first doctor we came across when looking online! i also think he has a flexible payment scheme accepting a combination of ways to pay, the bmi card , credit card and debit card am i right? i just want the money NOW! its playing on my mind that the longer time that passes the less chance we have of it being succesful. Im worried about what i have read about antibodies. Have you had alot of ladies on this thread whos partners reversals have not worked?

Thanks so much for replying its such a releif to have found somewhere to ask questions xx

So Dr Harriss now charges £2831 obviously its worth every penny but wow...im wrestling with what i could buy my exsisting children.....but the need to complete our family is too much to resist!

Another conundrum is this, i feel like its now or never and if we dont do it the hubby might change his mind....but i wouldnt want to conceive until we had paid back the money for the reversal (we hope to use the bmi card) and where able to buy a new car as we wouldnt have enough seats for a new baby in the one we have, but the receptionist who i spoke to this morning (who was lovely and couldnt have been more helpful) said that Dr Harriss advises you get straight to it and "at it like rabbits" as soon as he is healed, well what if we where lucky and i caught on quickly?

oh i know i would just be grateful...but financially?

sorry to rant im just getting the thoughts out, talking to myself more than anything! xx

aw, its natural to be asking yourself loads of questions! The odds of it being a success are really high for you and your hubby and dr harriss would certainly agree too :thumbup: it really does only take one remember :thumbup: the success rates on here have been good, afew have gone on to have iui but a lot have been successful. :thumbup:

Yes i remember looking into the bmi card too! It just so happened that luck fell our way and i had a ppi claim sent my way which covered the cost and everything needed for a baby! (We will never be that lucky again :dohh:) :haha: and yes they recommend getting started straight away to get the body used to producing sperm that gets to fullfill its journey, the more you do it, the more that gets produced and it takes a year to get it back up to peak :thumbup: if you wanted to avoid it straight away, maybe get in lots of :sex: but avoid your fertile window if you're able to keep an eye on things, but things will always work out xxxxxx

well thats what i was thinking, we can still do the deed without it being unprotected lol and to be honest after talking i think we are going to have to wait until beginning of october for the op because of oh work commitments, but he has gone from reluctant aggreement to going out and getting a 7 seater car last night! i thought it might be tempting fate being so prepared but what is meant to be will be i guess! xx

Elmo, good luck with whatever your final decision may be. Many have successful reversals, try not to stress and stay positive. Up to 70% of vasectomized men have sone levels of antisperm antibodies and they only become significant to fertility if levels are over 50%. Dr Harriss has had patients with 100% antibodies and they have gone on to father children :thumbup:

Thanks rachel im so worried about the antibodies and trying not to get too attached to the idea, but i keep telling myself if its meant to be it will be.

whats your situation has hubby had refersal? xx

Yes he had it a year ago, his semen analysis at 9 weeks post op showed 112million sperm, he had another analysis in january which showed a lower count at 66million but still a good number. To be honest, we didn't give the antibodies a second thought so we were quite devastated when we were told his levels, didn't expect it at all. Anyway, icsi bypasses the effects of antisperm antibodies so we still have faith that we'll get our rainbow x

So soon :happydance: good luck elmo! We only waited 11 days and im sure live-in-hope only waited that long too ;)

So quick to get in! Yay! I'm in Canada and we had to wait 5 months for our reversal surgery!

wow great news elmo! Thats great! :dance: yer, hubby did a bit of d.i.y on day 11 &12 (just to check it didnt hurt or there was any blood anywhere, which there wasnt) and we did it successfully on day 13 :thumbup: it was fine....so surprising considering how bruised it was after the op! Xx

I know im so thrilled to be getting it done sooner! The bmi card came in post today too! Just so nervous in case theres too much damage when they get in there, or too many antibodies if it does work, because that will be the end of the road for us, but i guess whats meant to be will be! How many cycles did it take you to get bfp? xx

It took me and my hubby 14 months after his very difficult VE surgery to get pregnant. His count was super low. We even tried IVF at 12 months and it failed. It took 5 months for sperm to return after his surgery. But our story is different because my husband never had a vasectomy, he was basically cinched off his entire life. Best of luck to you!

hey elmo, on the first page, theres a link to another thread i started about percentages of how long it took people to get their bfps after VR, there is also a list of how long it took people on this thread to get their bfps! :thumbup: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->