The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Is that the date for your reversal or for something else? sorry im new to this thread and not read the many many pages :) xx

Yaay! My husbands is the 25th of this month! What's your situation, any other children? X x

Hi Ladies, not posted for a while but got OHs first post reversal semen analysis results today so thought I would share to give some hope to those starting out!

OH has 4 kids, (I have none) had vasectomy about 8-9 years ago. Had reversal on 18th March 2014 at GCRM and first semen analysis was last night.

He was so nervous and really really worried last night. He wasnt meant to phone for results until this afternoon but he phoned first thing this morning as he couldn't wait! He has been told he is in the normal range for all parameters, but we wont get the numbers until the report comes through the post!Will update when we have them.

We are getting married in September so are kind of NTNP until then (well more realistically we are TTC but telling people we are NTNP as everyone knows about the reversal so it is a lot of pressure!)

Anyway, good luck for all those starting the journey!

hey hunny! :wave:

Thanks for updating, fab news about the SA results! :thumbup: shame they couldnt give you figures over the phone :shrug: your hubby (to be) situation sounds identical to mine....my hubby had 4kids previously and had his vasectomy reversed after 8 years too! :thumbup: his counts were very low though, but against the odds, we got pregnant. We didnt tell anybody, not even my parents that sean had had the vr, or even that we were planning it....as far as anybody knew, we were just one of those couples who were happy to be without children....mainly because we didnt want the pressure and it made for a very nice surprise when we told them we were expecting.....it was a dream and such a buzz :cloud9:

Wish you all the best with the wedding and all the 'fun' :winkwink: afterwards, you'll be very busy :winkwink: xxxxx

Thought I'd join in. My hubby had his op in August 2013. We just married so we prevented until March this year. We're on our 4th cycle and no luck so far.
We haven't had him checked yet, we've both had our head in the sand a bit, plus it's only really now we're trying properly!
We really need to find out if it's worked. He had his vasectomy about 6 years before his VR. I don't have any children. We just want one to complete our family :)

hey sparkles! Welcome! :wave: congrats on hubby having his VR and getting married :cloud9: :thumbup: what a year for you so far! :dance: did you have an opportunity to get his sperm analysed 3 months post vr? I always believed it was part of the process? If so, then get in touch and see if you can have it done now (if you want to that is)....i would recommend it, just to know what you're working with really....but what i will say is it only takes one amd so long as you have a least 1, then you're good to go! :thumbup: i found this forum amazing when i first joined, just before my hubbys vr, now 4 yrs on, i am ttc again :thumbup:
Keep us posted, we'd love to hear how you get on :thumbup: xxx

We were supposed to go back ( we used mr swinn) but never did. Where we couldn't try due to the wedding, it wasn't really important - the VR was important to get done ASAP but it didn't seem vital to get it checked. It may sound a bit odd! I do think we need to get him booked in.
Fortunately, I seem to be fairly regular since stopping the pill in February ish. I'm 34 soon so hopefully still have a few years in me yet.
Both sides were reattached but other than some pretty nasty bruising, the op went perfectly.

You can request a semen analysis from your gp, they will arrange for it at your local fertility clinic should you wish to have one done. We had a second sa on the nhs as we suspected AsAb's. Congratulations on your wedding and good luck ttc x

We were supposed to go back ( we used mr swinn) but never did. Where we couldn't try due to the wedding, it wasn't really important - the VR was important to get done ASAP but it didn't seem vital to get it checked. It may sound a bit odd! I do think we need to get him booked in.
Fortunately, I seem to be fairly regular since stopping the pill in February ish. I'm 34 soon so hopefully still have a few years in me yet.
Both sides were reattached but other than some pretty nasty bruising, the op went perfectly.

:thumbup: excellent, thats good (the bruising is mad isnt it! You think itl never heal when you first see it, let alone be able to 'get busy' after only two weeks!)! :haha: yer see if you can get booked in for one :thumbup: xx

I think I've tried to block out the post surgery part, it wasn't pretty! Hubby is away this week (when I'm due to ovulate grr!) so will speak to him when he's back to see if we can sort it :)

Here are our semen analysis results-
Volume 3.7ml
Viscosity normal
Density 23.7 x 10^6/ml
Motility 53%
Progression 2-3/4
Abnormal form 80%
Debris +
Cells 0 x 10^6/ml
Agglutination <5%

Everything in normal ranges, OH is so proud of himself, strutting about the place! Wanted the results framed last night!

hey! That looks great! Not sure what all the figures mean, but there is sperm there and motility is very good! :thumbup: xx

hey! That looks great! Not sure what all the figures mean, but there is sperm there and motility is very good! :thumbup: xx

Yeh, that was pretty much what we thought! Tried looking some of the other stuff up on the internet but everywhere seems to score thing differently! There are sperm and enough are normal and moving so think that should mean we are all good!

Unfortunately OH is away next week when I am due to ovulate so probably no chance of anything happening this month! Typical!

:dohh: i do feel for you, most months since last oct have been unsuccessful due to bad timing with hubby being away , how rude of them! :haha: im hoping for a good month this month :thumbup:

My hubby only had 1million p/ml which was very low, they said they'd like to see 20million p/ml post vr... And only 4% of his 1million were swimming, which im sure you can work out reduces the 'ideal' amount to extrememly low...but....it only takes one to get pregnant and tyats what you need to remember :thumbup: keep healthy, happy, relaxed and enjoy it :thumbup: xx

Reversal is now less than a week away!!!! So nervous, feel comvinced they will say that too much tube was cut away or something and that it cant be done! x

hubby is on his way home on the train! All went well, both sides where done and Mr Harriss is confident! He did say STRICTLY no sex for two weeks at the least and that he believes this is why he gets good results, because the stitches are so delicate that he needs to move as little as possible to for the next few days x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->