The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

aww yay, congratulations! Dr harriss is a legend, he really is and such a nice guy isnt he? :thumbup: yep hubby was so swollen it was unreal and the only real pain he had was from when he was swollen that much, the support strap was digging in...he brought some pants and wore two pairs for a week or so after the strap came off..they were more comfy and just as supportive :thumbup: xx

hubby is on his way home on the train! All went well, both sides where done and Mr Harriss is confident! He did say STRICTLY no sex for two weeks at the least and that he believes this is why he gets good results, because the stitches are so delicate that he needs to move as little as possible to for the next few days x

hi there how is your dh now? is he still sore etc?

He is absolutely fine now and raring to go but im going to make him stick to Dr harriss's advice! Plus Af arrived today anyway so he will have no choice but to wait until the two weeks is up lol, obviously i know this month we will stand no chance anyway and it may take a very long time! We shall see :) x

aw thats great! :thumbup: and having af means a bit more healing time :thumbup: dont rule out a bfp first month! Check out the first page...there were afew that got their bfp on the first month of trying! So never say never! Once those tubes are reset high chance you're good to go! :thumbup: xxxxx

Thanks liveinhope! You just never expect to be one of the lucky ones though do you?

I had such a strange upsetting dream last night, i was pregnant and was told at my scan that it was twins one boy ampnd one girl but the girl had died....think it speaks volumes about my longing for a daughtet? (We have three boys) x

aww really, bless you :hugs: i hate dreams like that coz the feeling that you feel tends to stay with you all day dont they. But they are just dreams. It would be lovely for you to have a daughter,y hubby had the same thing with his first marriage. Had 3 boys, always wanting a daughter then they had a girl :cloud9: then we got together and had a daughter :dance: he would love another aswell (3 of each then :wacko:) :haha:

Dont rule anything out hunny! The lady that got her bfp 7 weeks after VR is a very good friend of mine, we met when we joined on here back in 2010, had our vr about 5/6weeks apart and she conceived afew weeks before me and our babies are afew weeks apart :cloud9: it was lovely to share the journey with somebody! Who knows, we could be bump buddies :dance: xx

He is absolutely fine now and raring to go but im going to make him stick to Dr harriss's advice! Plus Af arrived today anyway so he will have no choice but to wait until the two weeks is up lol, obviously i know this month we will stand no chance anyway and it may take a very long time! We shall see :) x

did the soreness last long?

Aw i hope so liveinhope! That would be wonderful :)

he had the op on a tuesday and still felt sore going to work on the monday so that was six days after. Its been 2 weeks this coming tuesday since he had the op and is feeling fine, he has 'tested things out' lol and all is fine.

This is a really really tmi question liveinhope but, did you notice any changes to oh's semen? It looks very thick and sort of slimey (god im sorry thats so grosse lol) x

Elmo, I noticed when dh had his v that it went kind of watery then after his vr it had changed consistency to how you describe it. It could be because of the return of sperm in the semen or possibly agglutination. When does he do his first sa?

Rachy, how did your second PGD/ICSI appt in June go???

hi ladies! Found this wonderful thread and was excited because I know I will not be alone in this journey :)

I am not new to this site but new to the reversal part of it !
SO...We decided today that we are going to go ahead and do the reversal ! Just a little about me and DH....

DH has a son who is 9 and I don't have any kids. He's 33 and I am 35. I have always wanted children and I told him that when we first got together a year ago that it's a deal breaker. His response was there's always the reversal or other options :)

A couple weeks ago we had an appointment with a Urologist at his regular medical office. Since it has been 9 years since he had a vasectomy done (sorry I will learn all your abbreviations soon!) that we would have to go to the big hospital and have it done there. I finally called the other day to see how much it would be and how soon we could get in for a consult appt. I have researched the Dr they suggested to do the VR and he's listed as one of the top rated urologists in the nation!
There was also a few reviews of him online since he has been doing this for over 40 years and there were a few people on there who had more time between the V and the VR than we would and they have been successful. So I am hoping to find more people on here that have had VR with 10+ years in between as ours is 9.

I don't know much more than this, so bear with me as I learn all the in's and out's and learn about sperm testing etc. Any help would be appreciated ! Thanks ladies :thumbup:

hey ! :wave: welcome to the vr wags :haha: congrats on taking your first steps on this exciting journey! :dance: my hubby had his reversed after 8years, some friends of ours had it reversed after 15years and conceived within a year and now have two healthy boys! And that was a few years ago now as the oldest is 6! So with advances in technology, theres every hope for anybody wanting to embark on this journey, regardless of time since original vasectomy! :dance: do you know anything about your fertility? When we were considering ours, i went to the docotr, had a fertility test, just to check that i was actually fertile etc. wouldnt want him to spend the money if i wasnt able to have children in the first place :thumbup:
Oooh keep us posted! Theres afew ladies on here who have just had the vr or have it very soon! :dance: xx

Rachy, how did your second PGD/ICSI appt in June go???

It's been rearranged for the end of this month :(
I had a sudden cardiac arrest a few days before the appointment and they wanted me to see my cardiologist before I go back to make sure im ok to progress. Thankfully im good to go, ive been put on beta blockers so they should reduce risk during pregnancy x

Hi girls
Thought I'd check in to see how everyone is doing! I've just finished my period so didn't catch this month :(
It was expected as hubby was away for 5 days with work at the key time! So think we've been trying for four months now. I looked at the thread at the beginning and there's so many positive stories, which definitely gives me hope!
I'm thinking about getting vitamins etc. Has anyone else taken them/taking them? I'm thinking more for hubby but obviously I should start taking them too!
I should definitely have a fertility test. Does your gp do it for free? What does it involve?

Rachy, so sorry about all you've been going through lately! I'm glad you are ok and things are looking better!

Sparkles, my hubby took Fertilaid vitamins, and also large doses of omega 3's and vitamin D; we got pregnant naturally 14 months after his surgery.

Rachy that must have been frightening for you! Are you feeling well now?

Well turns out OH has an infection in his incision! We dtd 2 days sooner than the two weeks last night and afterwards we noticed that it didnt look right down there, so he has been to the gp and has been given antibiotics, it says in his discharge papers that it can be common and not to worry about it effecting the actual procedure so hopefully no damage has been done!

Hi dodgegirl! Nice to see someone near the beginning of this journey like us :) x

I blacked out before my icd fired so thankfully I was unaware. Puts things into perspective though. Definitely don't want another child to inherit my cardiomyopathy so pgd is a must

Make sure ur dh takes it easy, glad you've caught it early tho!

Hi girls
Thought I'd check in to see how everyone is doing! I've just finished my period so didn't catch this month :(
It was expected as hubby was away for 5 days with work at the key time! So think we've been trying for four months now. I looked at the thread at the beginning and there's so many positive stories, which definitely gives me hope!
I'm thinking about getting vitamins etc. Has anyone else taken them/taking them? I'm thinking more for hubby but obviously I should start taking them too!
I should definitely have a fertility test. Does your gp do it for free? What does it involve?

Our gp did ours free. Dh had a second sa on the nhs in january and ive just had my day3 bloods, thyroid levels, testosterone and antral follicle count done, my tests are part of my pgd/icsi but we asked for his sa

hey ! :wave: welcome to the vr wags :haha: congrats on taking your first steps on this exciting journey! :dance: my hubby had his reversed after 8years, some friends of ours had it reversed after 15years and conceived within a year and now have two healthy boys! And that was a few years ago now as the oldest is 6! So with advances in technology, theres every hope for anybody wanting to embark on this journey, regardless of time since original vasectomy! :dance: do you know anything about your fertility? When we were considering ours, i went to the docotr, had a fertility test, just to check that i was actually fertile etc. wouldnt want him to spend the money if i wasnt able to have children in the first place :thumbup:
Oooh keep us posted! Theres afew ladies on here who have just had the vr or have it very soon! :dance: xx

Thanks for the support and thank you for suggesting that I get fertility testing done ! I didn't think about it. Emailed my doc today :thumbup: One question I did have is how do most people finance their VR's ? I'm thinking of getting a loan through my bank, and DH says he can save a bit before we have it done too. I'm glad that those of you that many years have passed before V and VR that you have had success ! That really makes me feel a lot better ! When we first started thinking about doing this I was down about it because I didn't think we had very good chance going by what I had read online. :nope:

Sorry Rachy that you had that cardiac arrest ! scary stuff, hope you are doing better now ! :flower:

It's been rearranged for the end of this month :(
I had a sudden cardiac arrest a few days before the appointment and they wanted me to see my cardiologist before I go back to make sure im ok to progress. Thankfully im good to go, ive been put on beta blockers so they should reduce risk during pregnancy x

oh my rachy!! :shock: what a worry, glad you got the all clear! :thumbup:

Hi girls

hey :wave: we take vits, hubby is on wellman conception for men and im on a right cocktail....vit b complex, omega 3, coq10, zinc, pregnacare conception and i took soy iso this cycle too and am also applying progesterone cream for this part of my cycle to help extend my luteal phase lol i paid for all these myself, mainly because ive lost hope in the competence of my GP :dohh: lol

Well turns out OH has an infection in his incision! We dtd 2 days sooner than the two weeks last night and afterwards we noticed that it didnt look right down there, so he has been to the gp and has been given antibiotics, it says in his discharge papers that it can be common and not to worry about it effecting the actual procedure so hopefully no damage has been done!

Hi dodgegirl! Nice to see someone near the beginning of this journey like us :) x[/QUOTE]

oh no poor hubby! Glad you caught it quickly and it is quite common, not surprising really with how wrapped up it has to be, all warm and stuff. It shouldnt affect anything so thats good :thumbup: xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->