The Who's Ovulating Today Ladies' Thread of Awesomeness

Oh yes, I suspect I have killed many brain cells since that channel started airing

Lol every time I see a commercial for honeybooboo it reminds me of a south park episode.

I know a girl who got pregnant on the pill and god it made me angry when I was ttc. All I know is I don't want to become AS crazy as last time ttc.

I think next time will be less crazy - as we will already have one LO to look after and won't have as much time to obsess. Mind you I'm not broody for the second one yet. Ask me again in a couple of years time :haha:

That is true! Well hopefully it will happen for us all when we want it to. I kinda miss my bump! Enjoy it while it lasts luna.

Yeah I do too. Although I couldn't wait for it to be gone at the time!! It's amazing how you really do forget the bad stuff and only really remember the good.

Hey ladies how are you all? Your babies are already over 6 month!! Unbelievable. Have you started your little ones on solid? I guess I will in a few weeks.

Hiya I am good thanks you? I know it's crazy. Yes Alfie is on 3 meals a day - normally porridge with fruit puree for breakfast, a vegetable purée sometimes with a meat (I have only just started meat in the last few days!) and a fruit purée for lunch and then a vegetable purée followed by fruit purée for dinner. He doesn't eat much yet but it's more about getting him in to a routine and introducing lots of new foods :) so far his favourite is mango! Weaning is fun but does make things more difficult - I keep having to remember to get his meals out the freezer, keep it topped up, and take stuff with us when we go out!! Breastfeeding has spoilt me - I haven't had to remember much before!

Hope you're all good :)

Hellooo! We're all good, Ella doesn't eat much yet really but I give her bits of what we're having if suitable, so bread, fruit, cucumber etc, and some rice cakes. I've tried her on some purees but shes not really bothered with them. I think baby led weaning will happen here

That's great rose Alfie looks so big now. A lot of babies seem to enjoy the mango it's the same with my friends boy.

Krafty I think I will start that way too a little of what we have here and there. Not sure what's happening but the past week I have been having to do the "dreamfeeds" since she's been super fussy and distracted to breastfeed while awake.

How much do your babies weigh now?

Oh yes, I have a distracted bfer too - feeding at night is so much easier! Thankfully it only takes him 5 mins or so now to have a good feed so I only have to keep him entertained for a while...

Alfie is just under 17lbs now! He doesn't gain much now, he is on the move a lot more. How much does your LO weigh?

Haha ya mine always feeds under 7 mins too thank god. So she didn't have a poop for 2 weeks until today and she has been feeding much better since. Poor thing must have been loaded lol. Do you feed him while he's asleep too? It's the best that way! Does he crawl around? He looks tall too. Are you and hubby tall?

She was 16 pounds the other day. Before she was the tinniest one in my baby mamma groups and now she looks bigger than most. You wouldn't believe she was 9 weeks early now.

Oh bless!! She must have been so uncomfortable. The longest Alfie has gone is 3 days and he was soo grumpy until he went. And the nappy was horrendous. So 2 weeks must have been horrific!

I do dream feed sometimes but now he seems to wake up for that feed so he is usually half awake half asleep. His eyes are often closed when he has his night feeds though its so sweet. He is not crawling yet but I don't think it will be too long as he has started half crawling/shuffling backwards and did it forwards briefly yesterday for the first time! He is quite tall - I am not very tall but hubby is at 6ft 1, and he is the smallest man out of his siblings - his older brother is 6 ft 7!

Aww she is almost as big as Alfie! Everyone at his baby group seems to be outweighing him now. Think he is going to be tall and slim like his dad. Funnily enough some of the biggest babies for their age in our group are the girls :D it is excellent that she has grown so well despite being premature. I am so glad she is getting on so well!

Isn't it amazing how time flies and how quickly they grow up, and how you just can't imagine being without them now. I wonder what I did with myself before Alfie - what would I do on my days off?! It's really nice how he can go practically anywhere with me and I don't have to worry. The only thing we don't do is take him out for restaraunt dinners as it would be past his bedtime. We do often take him out for lunch though :D

You would think she would be uncomfortable but she didn't seem too bad. Nothing besides not wanting to feed which I don't blame her poor thing.

Holly shit those are some tall siblings lol well that's great. I can always notice the breastfed babies vs. the formula ones. The breastfed ones are more lean. So I guess we should all enjoy while our babies can't crawl around haha that's what my dad keeps telling me.

And thanks we are so glad things are going well too. I love my husband to death but I believe that we don't know what true love is until we have a baby. Iit's great that you can include Alfie as much as possible in everything you do. It's the best way to get him used to your lifestyle and in the long run everyone will be happy. I know it's not for everyone but we feel the same. We took our girl on a big trip, we go to the cottage, been on boats, planes, camping and beaches. We love being outdoor and so far she loves it too.

Fantastic! I think it is great for them to see the world. I bet she loves being outdoors. I always find that Alfie is happiest when we are out - if we stay in for a whole day he gets moany and bored, even though he has loads of toys. He just loves sitting up in his buggy and watching as I push him along! He also likes being in queues and looking at all the people, which is good when we have to wait a while to get in somewhere.

Yes I think you are right about bf/ff babies size. All of the giant babies I know are ff! Some of them are taking 8oz each bottle!! I don't think my BBs hold that much...

So I know it's a while away yet but do you have any plans for Christmas? We are thinking of taking Alfie to Europe to a Christmas market. Possibly in Germany - we have never been there before and I think he would love all the lights, smells and people!

Aww love his new pic such a happy boy!

I think the fresh air is really good for them. I remember reading that in Norway people leave their babies to sleep outside and thought how crazy! But we are not meant to be stuck indoors all day.

Sounds like fun! Where in Germany would that be? You guys are lucky to be able to travel in europe so easily. I'm not looking forward to winter but can't wait for christmas. My inlaws live in the Caribbean and really want us to go there for the holidays but we are not sure we can make it yet. We might just spend christmas in the cold at the cottage.

Thanks :) yes I've heard that too! Apparently years ago that's how things were done here too.

We are lucky. We would probably drive as it doesn't cost much to cross the channel on the Eurostar, and then we don't have as many luggage restrictions. Christmas at the cottage sounds nice :) we haven't decided about Christmas Day yet but we normally spend half of it at my parents and half at my husbands. Usually works well so I guess we will probably do the same and hopefully Alfie will nap in the car on the journey between!

Sounds like fun. You're so lucky! Make sure to drive carefully and yes much easier to drive with all the things you will need to bring. Let me tell you when we went on vacation it was the first time ever I packed so light since we had to save room for baby. Even my hubby was impressed by me lol.

Haha yeah - when we went to Portugal in June Alfie had a whole case and me and hubby shared one, plus we had the nappies in ours!! Funny how much stuff we obviously used to take but didn't need!

Do you go to many baby classes? I have made some really nice new friends through the classes in my area :)

Lol same with us! First time we went away we packed the playpen and she ended up sleeping with us most of the time, also so much clothes she didn't need. We pack lighter and lighter every time we travel. Live and learn! How was Portugal?

Right now I do baby yoga, stroller jogging and going to start swimming lessons soon. What do you do? It's nice to get out and meet new people you have things in common with. I don't know about you but I find I have lost a few good friends since having a baby :( It's unfortunate that some people have a hard time accepting that I have other priorities in life.

Sounds just like us!! He only really wore his short sleeved rompers on holiday, the rest of his clothes ended up sitting in his case the whole time. It was too hot for lots of clothes. It was great thanks, was surprisingly relaxing as Alfie fed and napped really well :D better than he does at home!

We did yoga when Alfie was younger I loved it but it was only a 6 week course :( we also did massage but again that was a short course. Now we just go to a stay and play sort of session on Fridays, but I have met some really nice people at groups so we arrange our own stuff - like picnics, walks, cafe lunches, play dates etc. I am glad I had a baby in the spring so we have had all summer to make friends! Yes I know exactly what you mean. I still have my friends from before but they don't seem to make as much of an effort now. To be fair though I am just as guilty of not making an effort. It is just easier meeting up with people with babies/kids! I still enjoy seeing my friends from before... It is just less often. A few of them I still see lots though :)

I often find that people invite me to things that are completely unrealistic - well they did, they have stopped sending the invites now lol. Especially when you are breastfeeding, you can't just leave the baby with their dad in the evening! I think they found it hard to understand that even when Alfie is asleep, I can't really go out as he often wakes for a bit more milk! Imagine if I wasn't there for him.

I think that although you lose friends or lose touch with people wen you have a baby, you make new ones - and in fact most of my mums friends are people she met after I was born. So I guess everyone goes through it! As they grow up and go to more toddler groups etc we will hopefully get to know even more mums :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->